PDA

View Full Version : WipeOut Fusion wallpapers

U V
30th March 2003, 12:38 AM
hi, just found this site that has some lovely WipeOut Fusion wallpapers i've not seen else wear on the web;

www.gamewallpapers.com

hope you like 8)

piranha wiper
2nd June 2004, 07:51 AM
cool papers well done i think i will have the piranha one on my msn, cheers

Sausehuhn
21st August 2004, 12:02 PM
(these are wallpapers of Fusion, of course. They don't look like Fusion ones, but they are. They were made, when the programmer started with Fusion, I think)

http://edomekuvat.soneraplaza.fi/ps2_e3cd/wipeout_fusion/FUSIONE3.jpg

http://edomekuvat.soneraplaza.fi/ps2_e3cd/wipeout_fusion/FUSIONE4.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_26/vortal_pic_13366.jpg

http://props2.images.free.fr/images/wipeout_fusion/3.jpg

(it's not a Fusion-wallpaper, but it looks good... [and I think it's wide-screen])

http://www.pixelhuset.se/downloads/screen/dtp_wipeout_1600.jpg

piranha wiper
21st August 2004, 03:17 PM
spotted an early uber and a auricom, but that 2097 is spot on, muchly greatful Sausehuhn

Shem
21st August 2004, 03:27 PM
Nice, rare stuff Sausehuhn!

Sausehuhn
21st August 2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks.
Do you mean at this picture you can see a VanUber?
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/screenshots_library/dir_26/vortal_pic_13366.jpg
Yes, it could be a VanUber, but I'm not sure. Because one the pictures in the gallery of Fusion shows a craft, which also looks like the one you can see at the wallpaper. And the ship in the gallery is a Auricom. Because the ship has the same logo like Auricom has.
But there are also ships where you know exactly which team it is:
- Feisar
- Auricom (I don't mean the VanUber-or-Aricom-ship)
- Piranha

The first wallpaper shows maybe a EG.r on the right side an other unknown one at the left side

piranha wiper
21st August 2004, 03:59 PM
yeah thats the pic it has to be vu, i mean look at it, twin jets, 2 pionty bits with a cross beam, may not be the same colours, but that is vu

Sausehuhn, is the piranha on the pic where a craft is being blown up and an auricom in the front? looks kinda 2097

Sausehuhn
21st August 2004, 04:17 PM
Yes, you're right!! You also can see the Piranha ship in the gallery... I've seen some more pictures like those, but that was for a few Years or something. Don't find them again, bad thing!!

G'Kyl
21st August 2004, 08:52 PM
I've got a few (probably all) of them on my harddrive. Anyone interested in those?

Sausehuhn
11th March 2005, 06:55 PM
I've found a interesting website today. With high quality pics!

>>> http://mistress_universal.tripod.com/spex.htm

G'Kyl
12th March 2005, 05:32 AM
Wow, these look great! Where did he/she take the pictures? Is it something from the Fusion manual or anything else officially related to the game? Or did he make it all up?!

Ben

stin
12th March 2005, 07:30 AM
Cool pictures but I think it`s from Wupeout Fusion website before they took it off the air!

stevie :)

Shem
12th March 2005, 07:38 AM
yes, these are official pics, i saw them some time ago on a website full of fusion pics, but these ones were not available for a person to be seen for free. I don't know if they were included into some kind of press kit, but sure they are not made up by the web page creator.

infoxicated
12th March 2005, 10:49 AM
I've found a interesting website today. With high quality pics!

>>> http://mistress_universal.tripod.com/spex.htm
That ass wizard has taken pictures that I made for this site - each of the images containing the logo and ship were created by me for articles on teams in the features section of the site:
My one:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/images/egrlogoandship.gif

His one:
http://mistress_universal.tripod.com/egrlogoandship.gif

Notice that A) He hasn't even bothered to rename them, and B) He only has those pictures for the ones I got around to doing - I didn't do an article for all the teams because the official site launched and had most of the info. I ****ing hate it when people do that, I really do. :roll:

Sausehuhn
12th March 2005, 10:55 AM
I understand what you mean, fox.
Are all pics yours?
Also the detailed pics with the weapons and all the other things? Or just the ones youi've shown?
...no metter, it's not fair!

@ stindah/Shem:

And no, they aren't from the offical website, it's still online (at goodTechnologies server) and there aren't any pics like this; the site you meant is www.gemekult.com

Sadly you must pay for the pics, I would love to have them!

infoxicated
12th March 2005, 10:59 AM
I have all the hi-res images from fusion on a press disk or two that were given to me back in the day. I don't have any plans to put them on here due to leeching ****ers like that one ripping the images off and claiming them as their own work.

Sausehuhn
12th March 2005, 11:01 AM
You have them?! 8O What's about shipping a copy to Germnay ;)

Lance
12th March 2005, 03:30 PM
Rob, is there anything you can do to stop this guy?

G'Kyl
12th March 2005, 04:17 PM
Just a thought: How useful are these watermarks to prevent that sort of piracy? Though I have no idea how reliantly they really protect visual property...

Ben

infoxicated
13th March 2005, 11:30 AM
Lance, not really - as long as he's not leeching from the site directly, then there's little point in contacting him, so I wont waste the effort.

I do tend to put "watermarks" on images when we're given exclusive content, but with those images it'd only spoil them if there was a 'zone logo or something across them.

myima-tsarong
15th April 2005, 11:50 AM
wow thanks for that I have the pirahna as my background now !

rejj
16th April 2005, 04:27 AM
There are digital watermarks you can put into images that aren't visable at all... but will let you prove that someone has just ripped off your work.
When you discover he has, you could then contact Tripod and they'll weild the sword of justice. Hopefully.

Manic
13th May 2005, 11:59 AM
That earlier pic of the Feisar and the Quirex... DAMN! That's the nicest looking Quirex I've ever seen! THAT's the industrial look I'm hoping for if (when) there's going to be a Wipeout game for PS3.

Seek100
13th May 2005, 01:24 PM
If you mean that red Qireж in the 2097 wallpaper, that's just the CGI model used for the cover shot and intro movie for 2097, the ingame version in 2097 looks the same but has a less detailed mesh and textures obviously. The intro movie used that red one painted purple like the ingame ship. They won't do that again as it seems they want everything to be super-smooth futuristic star-trek style - look at the Qireж in purE, it's unrecognisable as a Qireж. Seems the industrial near-future style is gone from wipEout for good.

P.S. no 'u' in Qireж, the Qu convention doesn't exist in every language, it's used in English to produce the 'kw' sound like in 'Queen' without the 'u' it'djust be a 'k' sound.

Lance
13th May 2005, 10:22 PM
Nick Burcombe, the game designer of WO1 and WO2, pronounces it Kyrex, with the y as a long, um... , vertical [ ? ;) ] i. likewise for fysar

eLhabib
14th May 2005, 09:45 AM
well if you really want to pronounce qirex with russian pronounciation, it would have to sound like this: keerech (I know you english speaking folks can't speak a ch like russians, it's kind of a snoring sound)

and about feisar I'm not sure. If you pronounce it the german way, it would be 'fysar', but if you pronounce it french spanish, italian, greek or in any slavic language, it would always be 'feysar'. so I'd go with the latter one, since the countries which pronounce it that way make up the majority of the EU.

Seek100
14th May 2005, 01:17 PM
The 'ж' letter in Russian cyrilic is transliterated as 'zhe' in latin. Thus the spelling of the name in latin would be Qirezhe

The name of Feisar would probably have to be written out 30 or 40 different ways to accomodate all the member states of the EU, so the phonetic pronunciation which would be used by all the slavic and latin speaking states - Feisar would be the most common while the Germanic and possibly some other languages (not sure how Finno-ugric pronunciation works) would have it pronounced their way. It would change depending on which country you go to.

Lance
14th May 2005, 03:26 PM
Nick is the guy who invented the names and the pronunciation [or if he wasn't, he associated on a daily basis with the person who did], so i say the names the way he does. call me a sheep. :) or call me a respecter of a creator's artistic intentions

eLhabib
14th May 2005, 06:14 PM
how does he pronounce van über?

Seek100
14th May 2005, 06:25 PM
I doubt he was still working on the games by the time they came up with Van-Über, they were made only for Fusion, was Nick still at SL by then Lance?

Oh and sorry I think it's silly in this case to assume only one pronunciation of the name of a multi-national organisation, if wipEout is supposed to exist in 'our' world but in the future, the name of FEISAR would change depending on who said it just as much as the word 'euro' has a different pronunciation in every language of the Union that uses it. Just to use that example in English we say it like 'yu-row', in Spanish, Italian and probably a lot of other languages it's pronoounced 'e-uro' and there are other variants for other languages. Maybe names like Auricom and Qireж and AG-Sys will only have one pronunciation but that's because they're organisations with 1 national basis, only 1 language dominates the country that owns each of those teams, but for Feisar it's simply unrealistic to expect the whole of Europe to say it the same way.

Lance
14th May 2005, 08:05 PM
IMO, Porsche should still be pronounced por-shuh [approximate] no matter what country you're from. :)
this would be the case even if it were not a personal family name, but is even more the case since it is. it is a part of a specific language.
FEISAR, being an acronym, is more subject to international variations in sound. [most of the international acronyms in the past century have been a sort of abbreviation of organisations whose name was in French. this has been true of international motor racing groups and other sports organisations, for instance. probably a result of the first modern Olympics being organised by a French citizen. Paris was the center of international culture, sports, and conferences at the time, so other organisations followed suit.]

el habib, Nick was game designer for WO1 and WO2. WO3 was given to a different studio. Nick left Studio Liverpool later to form Curly Monsters, creator/developer of Quantum Redshift for X-box

Seek100
14th May 2005, 08:29 PM
That's exactly what I mean Lance, it's an acronym, not a set name, in this case it's origins are English, but even so variation must be allowed in pronunciationas certain sounds just don't appear in other languages, long-vowels for example are absent from most latin languages, the letter 'e' is silent in French unless it is accented (as far as I'm aware).

P.S. I say it porsh, the por-shuh version isn't as common here in England, at least not in my experience, everyone I know leaves the last 'uh' bit silent or at the most it's very a clipped 'uh' sound, which I know is wrong but I guess we're all just a bit lazy.

P.P.S. How in the hell would the Japanese say AG-Sys? Or for that matter the Foundation For European Anti-Gravity Research (the name of AG-5Y5's parent company).

Lance
14th May 2005, 11:58 PM
except for the very rare human whose soundmaking anatomy is accidentally or genetically damaged, we are all physically capable of making the same sounds. if we know what the sound is supposed to be, then we can say it. whether we do say it depends on whether we care about being right or not

Manic
16th May 2005, 12:17 PM
How does that answer anything? Have you never watched anime? Or language specials on the Discovery channel etc. etc...?

Anyway, anyone who has taken some time to look into the nature of the Japanese and Chinese languages, and more specifically and importantly the people who speak them, will see just how linguistically impaired those people are.