PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Alliance vs Poland

Challenger #001
18th August 2011, 06:46 PM
The Celtic Alliance Wipeout Team (Formerly Team Scotland) submits a challenge to Team Poland!!!

http://www.flyaflag.co.uk/ekmps/shops/paxton1882/images/poland-flag-with-state-eagle-93-p.bmp VS http://www.flyaflag.co.uk/ekmps/shops/paxton1882/images/celtic-nations-flag-344-p.jpg

Scheduled for 21:30 GMT +1, Aug 20

Event rules and other details also to be announced here.

All active pilots participating in this event please check in by posting in this thread

Team CA Pilots:
challenger001 (Scotland)
Colonel__Gadaffi (Wales)
P_Denton (Brittany)

Team Poland Pilots:
Tiduch
triboy
zero3growlithe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Layout:

Celtica Hosts:
-All 8 HD Tracks Forward, Weapons On, Phantom Speed, Barrel Rolls On, Weapon Hints Off

Poland Hosts:
-All 8 HD Tracks Reverse, Weapons On, Phantom Speed, Barrel Rolls On, Weapon Hints Off

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after a little bit of deliberation, Team Scotland has decided that it needs to call for help to swell the ranks. Initially, the plan was to have UB3R-BRENDAGE and kieran1888 in the team as well, but they've had to drop out. So I've put into plans an idea I've had for the longest time, but never quite come to fruition. The idea that rather than submit and bow to England to form Team UK, we Scots find other violet independent nationalists and form our own league. Fortunately, one such exists and is recognised by various culture festivals, so lets' add WipEout to the list of things for which the Celtic League is famed for.

We are willing to accept challenges in both Phantom and Flash events for nations matches, as long as we are fighting a unified team. We are accepting pilots from the following regions:

Scotland (Alba)
Ireland (Éire)
Wales (Cymru)
The Isle Of Man (Ellan Vannin)
Cornwall (Kernow, region of England)
Brittany (Breizh/Bertaèyn/Bretagne, region of France)
Galicia (region of Spain)

Any pilots wanting to join in on Celtica's side are more than welcome, and if you know anyone who is interested, please do get them in contact with me. Any Polish pilots are more than welcome to join their team as well - as are any Eastern Bloc countries if Poland is willing to accept their Lithuanian lapdogs of old. :P

Colonel
18th August 2011, 06:55 PM
Good stuff Chal. So we're 8.30 UK time? I confuse myself with the whole GMT / BST thing. Are there any really slow Poles who can join and make me look less erm...?

Challenger #001
18th August 2011, 07:06 PM
8:30 pm or 20:30 pm English time. I'm using European time to make it a bit easier on our Polish friends. :) Unless they use +2 and I'm being a clot...

zero3growlithe
20th August 2011, 07:07 AM
@Challanger, your team is formed up already or you still have to get someone? I'm asking as i don't know if we have this race today or not :hyper
btw. I'm checking myself... 5 people left :paperbag

Challenger #001
20th August 2011, 09:37 AM
I still need a third pilot and with any luck a fourth. I've asked some Breton pilots, but no luck so far. I'll ask about on the day, but if I can't find any more, I'll switch it to an unofficial Team England match.

Challenger #001
20th August 2011, 10:35 PM
Well, the match is over - Poland and the Celtic Alliance did battle with an enemy more terrible than any they may have faced before... lag.

I'm very sorry to all pilots involved for my appalling connection and the slowness of the event. But Poland were good sports and Celtica survived their trial by fire So all in all I think it was a success.

POLAND - 264
CELTICA - 182

zero3growlithe
20th August 2011, 11:15 PM
Did somebody recorded it?

Colonel
21st August 2011, 02:16 AM
I did but I've deleted it, sorry zero. I'm not vain, and I'm more than happy to upload videos of me playing badly, to show the bigger picture. Anybody who cares to look at my youtube channel can verify that. But tonight I was horrendous. And I mean properly fking bad. It's my own fault, I decided to drink and I overdid it. There's no way those videos were ever going to see the light of day, so to speak.

Congrats to Poland, you played excellently. It's a thoroughly deserved victory. It was fun too, which is the main thing, I'm just kicking myself for getting so pissed.

zero3growlithe
21st August 2011, 06:43 AM
Nyah... too bad my camera f***** up (not by mistake... i've connected it to my laptop's charger in addition to charge batteries as they die... died really quickly and many times i lost videos becouse of it :brickwall And now i don't have camera completely :g)

UB3R~JKP
21st August 2011, 08:44 PM
Gutted I missed this one, can't wait for the NEXT match. :rock

trackripper
21st August 2011, 09:57 PM
This team racing thing sounds awesome :P There's a bit of a dilemma when it comes to me though...

There's no Team China is there? And I don't think I qualify for Team UK if I just live here... :P

Challenger #001
22nd August 2011, 07:51 PM
Awh, no worries Gadaffi and zero. Nobody wanted footage of me complaining about my connection anyway. :P

Unfortunately there's no Team China trackripper, though there was a thought of a Team South-East-Asia starting up. F.E.I.S.A.R. was interested, he's from Singapore, and yeldar2097 was going to embrace his Indonesian ancestry and switch from the Netherlands, but that never went anywhere. I'm sure if you ask Dark_Phantom_89, he'll be more than happy to take you into England though.

trackripper
22nd August 2011, 08:35 PM
Heh I'll have too get my game up first... Anyway back on topic.

triboy
24th August 2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the organization Chall :+ it was a good idea and great fun, especially two things stucked in my memory:

1. In one race we won the first three places, and in the next one, you kicked our a$$ completely :beer

2. I think it was on Metropia rev, I flew behind Tiduch and zero, suddenly I saw mines! "Lucky my" - I thought, "I got rockets". BAAAM, mines disappear, unfortunately, by the way <You eliminated Tiduch> <You eliminated zero3growlithe> ... with one shot ... <Nicely done tri...> :beer

Challenger #001
24th August 2011, 09:47 PM
Oh god, Metropia Reverse... backstab kingdom!

I remember that, but because I had a boost at the end and was going to take the win... only to fly straight into the scaffolding and bounce back into last. Grrr....

But yeah, the Vineta Reverse 1-2-3 for Celtica was a high point. I still reckon there's fresher prey for the Polish Eagle to hunt.

*waves big arrow sign in the direction of England* Zabij ich wszystkich!

zero3growlithe
24th August 2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah... this was really great "friendly" elimination :twisted And those were really fun races with technical problems included :g But we got through them... somehow :blarg
Quote:
//*waves big arrow sign in the direction of England* Zabij ich wszystkich!
"Kill them all" sign is necessary? :P