PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty / Modern Warfare 3

Ace3cube
13th August 2011, 09:09 AM
Hey,
November 2011, here we go for the last MW !

Here a great video about the 2 first MW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmsiaN5dZM&feature=player_embedded

UB3R~JKP
13th August 2011, 11:34 AM
Oh, is this the last one? Wow, thought they'd keep milking the cash cow. :lol

Ace3cube
13th August 2011, 01:56 PM
Well it is old but very impressive. There are some 'official' on the MW3's site.

But lol I like \o/

RedScar
13th August 2011, 03:09 PM
It is dead to me. 4 was good, MW2 was ok but seriously flawed, BO is down right broken. BF3 coming out, building a new PC and everything for it. The E3 trailer blew me away.

Hellfire_WZ
13th August 2011, 04:09 PM
The last decent CoD game was 2, haven't enjoyed any of them much since then. The first MW single player was very good, but I haven't gotten into multiplayer at all in the same way as I did with CoD2. I'll be passing this up I think.

mdhay
13th August 2011, 04:42 PM
I can **** better gameplay. Honestly, why does this series keep getting near perfect scores? Baffling. :/

UB3R~JKP
13th August 2011, 07:52 PM
*cough* Bribes *cough*

mdhay
13th August 2011, 07:54 PM
Aaaah, I think I heard something like that, Metacritic or something.

RedScar
16th August 2011, 04:07 PM
Today we mourn the death of the CoD Franchise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE

brb, need a shower

UB3R~JKP
16th August 2011, 04:18 PM
I don't like many FPS...but that was incredible. :rock

mdhay
16th August 2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah, that reqiures Origin, which will allow EA to take the right to a bought product from you after two years of inactivity on that software/account. DO NOT get Battlefield 3, EA need to be taken down a few pegs.

UB3R~JKP
16th August 2011, 05:03 PM
I'd rather give money to EA than Activision, even with this origin business.

[But I won't be buying either anyways.]

RedScar
17th August 2011, 02:33 AM
MW2 and BO both required Steam, a program I hate much more then anything EA has ever brought out. I also pre-ordered from a 3rd party DD source, so I shouldn't require Origin.

mdhay
17th August 2011, 11:34 AM
You WILL still need Origin for Battlefield 3. Look at Burnout, on PC, even if you bought it on Steam, you had to have an EA account. Makes no sense, apart from EA being greedy scumbags who need to be taken out to pasture and shot.

Autechom
17th August 2011, 11:46 AM
I´d rather see Mirrors Edge 2 instead of another another another FPS. Though it looks incredible. It´s just the gameplay that bores me to death.

RedScar
17th August 2011, 10:37 PM
EA account =/= origin. Currently own need for speed shift 2, don't have origin installed what so ever. Play it online perfectly fine.

mdhay
18th August 2011, 12:46 PM
Then good for you. :P My point is that EA have pulled their games from Steam, and whilst this won't bother you or others thatn don't like it, it shows they're getting greedy, or at least that they've got something planned.

XR_GTR
18th August 2011, 09:22 PM
Or maybe they would just prefer using their own digital services rather than resorting to publishing on someone else's network? Just a thought (but I'm a Battlefield fanboy so I cannot say anything).

mdhay
18th August 2011, 10:59 PM
I can understand that, but this is EA. If they can make a quick $ and give people an ultimatum as to what they install, then they will.

XR_GTR
19th August 2011, 02:25 PM
activision and codemasters aren't any better

Darkdrium777
19th August 2011, 03:21 PM
EA account = origin.Fixed. Nowadays for all new games that's how it will be.

They should've sent you an e-mail that looked like this (http://ebm.em.ea.com/c/tag/hBOPFZOB7uauvB8cpRpNucLgYBC/doc.html?&t_params=NUCLEUS_ID%3D2262954049&om_u=2262954049&om_i=_BOPFZOB8cpRpG7).

Hellfire_WZ
19th August 2011, 03:26 PM
Martin - EA responded to the inactivity thing earlier in the month. They will only delete inactive accounts if nothing has been bought with them. If you've bought any games or any DLC with the account it will not be removed due to inactivity.

mdhay
19th August 2011, 08:23 PM
Aaah, sorta improves the situation, they're still dicks, though.

RedScar
20th August 2011, 12:06 AM
It would see I have such an email DD777, went to my junk email XD. Touche

@ Mdhay, and any large gaming company isn't? Activision forcing steam on me with MW2 and BO is still a huge sticking point and why I now refuse to buy any of their products, MW3 or otherwise. DICE and EA gave me BF2, quite possibly my favorite game of all time. It had (and still has some) flaws. They however made large attempts to fix them. The broken spawn system and completely unbalanced gameplay elements in MW2 and BO are still there and take forever for even small tweaks to come about. I was fooled twice already by them, and I don't plan being fooled a third time.

I know we obviously have different opinions, so lets agree to disagree and just conclude that big business and games mixed is bad for gamers when its comes to EA/Activision.

mdhay
20th August 2011, 09:10 AM
Believe me RedScar, I wasn't planning to disagree with you. This is the industry now, and as much as I'd like to say that there's a light at the end of the tunnel, there probably won't be. But anyway, I'm delrailing this thread. :redface:

RedScar
24th August 2011, 10:48 PM
Well Mdhay, its looks like I owe you an apology as you are 100% right. Looking further into this Origin talk, and come across this,

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/js51f/ea_origin_spyware_issue_silently_boycotting_will/

Defiantly pissed, although not enough to cancel my pre-order. Have to do some more research, but as one of the users in that link posted, this is illegal in Canada so I can only hope the EULA is different for me. Pre-order is defiantly on the chopping block now.

mdhay
25th August 2011, 12:03 PM
You don't. :) :+

mdhay
31st August 2011, 08:06 PM
Turns out EA can monitor you and scan your hard drive using Origin (link to EULA (.pdf) (http://eacom.s3.amazonaws.com/EULA_Origin_8.24.11.pdf), link to PixelsorDeath article (http://pixelsordeath.com/news/origin-looking-less-and-less-appealing-ea-borders-on-evil)).
Now remember, they will eventually make you use Origin, with retail and digital purchasing, now there will be those who don't mind, but it is an invasion of privacy, if you're not comfortable, do not buy any future releases from them.

RedScar
31st August 2011, 08:53 PM
or use sandboxie, a free-ware that isolates origin from the rest of your HDD!

mdhay
31st August 2011, 11:16 PM
Good to see that there's software to isolate it, about time these companies learned their place.