PDA

View Full Version : Your weirdest moments in HD

Colonel
28th July 2011, 11:21 PM
I was looking at the "Best moments in HD" thread and thought "What about the really strange stuff that goes on?". Whether it's a glitch in the game or just something that had no Earthly right to happen...

XR_GTR
29th July 2011, 02:59 AM
I've actually managed to flip a craft over at Chenghou Project once.

Also at the same track, while flying with critical shields, an Assegai AI pilot flew into me at the hairpin and killed the both of us. ****in idiot that guy.

ion harvest
29th July 2011, 03:03 AM
Getting a really random message from some guy who asked me How did you do that?

he meant Barrel Roll :clap a real einstein moment for me that one :D i told him left right left and he called me a dick. :-

Had to laugh it off.

novide
29th July 2011, 05:50 AM
race on chengou rev./phantom with new players. i had a good start, first pad was a turbo, took the shortcut and than at the tunnel/right curve there were mines... i've been wondering, lap 1, saw no ship in front of me but i was 3 sec. behind someone... finaly, i won the race..

trackripper
29th July 2011, 07:12 AM
I've been stuck in respawn cycles before on the Amphiseum and Modesto Heights, where I would run off thr track, the game respawns me in a spot where I'm forced to fall off the track again, etc etc. Bloody annoying online.

leungbok
29th July 2011, 07:18 AM
i had a good start, first pad was a turbo, took the shortcut and than at the tunnel/right curve there were mines...
Crazy !! :eek

novide
29th July 2011, 08:00 AM
yeah, i think it was a lucky glitch or extrem lag.. yesterday i saw a crazy lag start on sebenco, was funny to watch.. like a video from jjpap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVzK7wY-iu8 at 6.24, but only one pilot did it

Nutcase:259
29th July 2011, 10:16 AM
Came off the jump bit on uber mall forward and went straight through the surface of the track and got reset to last place :bomb

MyNameIsBom
29th July 2011, 11:25 AM
Right after the bump after the split, I barrel rolled
and used my boost pick up. My goteki headed straight into the black lamppost, the weird thing was I got stuck on the lamppost for about 3 seconds then I spawned back all the way where I started xD Also on ubermall reverse, never go on the left side of the track at the start, pitch nose up and barrel roll coming down the slope, there's a barrier that will make you get stuck in mid air LOL

FirstDave
29th July 2011, 06:18 PM
Novide.Thanks i,ve not seen a lag start before.A bit down hearting if you see that and don,t know why it happened so at least now i know if it happens.Using ag-sys on metropia leading an elim and 20 pints from a win i got hit with something entering the loop and my ship few upwards hitting a frame and just kept ramming it and i could not recover from it so just sat there and watched my leading score dissipate to nothing as it reduced with every smash :frown:

Dave.

Colonel
29th July 2011, 06:38 PM
I went to fire a plasma tonight, right at the end of an eliminator. As it charged it was completely transparent, and the plasma that fired was a perfect black sphere with a white outline! It looked well sinister, not seen that before :twisted

Dark_Phantom_89
29th July 2011, 06:50 PM
Weirdest moment for me was probably on Chenghou Reverse. I saw a Plasma bolt exploding on the very first mag strip right near the start. Nothing weird there.

The next lap, I see the exact same bolt exploding again and again. It's as if it's constantly going off, dissipating, and then exploding again. I've only seen it once, and what's even stranger is that when I mentioned it in the chat room after the race, nobody said that they could see it!

FirstDave
29th July 2011, 07:25 PM
Wow this must be the dark spirits of Wipeout tormenting us due to them messing with dark energy.;)

Dave.

greenymac
29th July 2011, 08:43 PM
on sebenco reverse near the beginning I used a turbo to take the boost roll...Well I missed, hit the right wall and somehow got turned upside down flying partway on the canopy of my ship...Then the people I left with the boost come through and ram the crap out of me... Ive had something similar happen on Uber reverse but not so bad.:brickwall

ZixXer
29th July 2011, 10:06 PM
I did a br once and at that point fell out the track. when I spawned again I was still upside down scraping whit my head over the floor. i got reset after 3 sec ever time, and it would still put me down upside down. till I died....

on V-K zone mode zone 45+ sometimes when I just reached the bottom of the first drop my ship looses all the speed, for about 1/2 sec but I can still steer. but because there’s a really sharp corner near that I always steer sharp to the left and then I’ll end up wrong way! and I can tell you that’s very frustrating on zone 45+ it almost always kills me at 65+

siriusglee
30th July 2011, 09:42 AM
Today I did autopilot in Ubermall in Phantom (multiplayer), just after landing from that first barrel-roll slope (you know, after the splitting area), and the autopilot jumped off the course and crashed my plane for me.

Now that I look back upon it, perhaps I shouldn't have used autopilot at that juncture, but I was surprised that I can usually take care of that stuff myself, and the autopilot can't.

leungbok
30th July 2011, 09:48 AM
Don't you ever tried autopilot on the long left hander of chengou ? ;)

siriusglee
30th July 2011, 10:03 AM
I have, and it does get crazy, but never with these kinds of results.

Oryx Crake
30th July 2011, 03:02 PM
On sol2 fwd on like the second lap I think me and JJPAP were neck in neck when he hits some mines just when the track starts opening up and the walls disapear which send him flying into me who is on his right, which leads to us both being inescapably pushed off the track. And now the interesting part, JJ was filming the event where in we have switched places leading to the roles being reversed.

In other words, the prediction engine threw a fit and kicked us both off the track lucky it wasnt a serious race or I think we'd both have been slightly irritated :|:mr-t

Colonel
30th July 2011, 04:17 PM
I quite like the glitches in HD, some of them are properly mental!

siriusglee
31st July 2011, 07:27 AM
I agree. I think the upside down flying one pretty much wins. I always look out for that one.

Autechom
31st July 2011, 11:17 AM
Today I started a race with 105 shield.

And: Very often the one that finishes last and is e.g. 20 seconds slower than the first one had the fastest lap time. Of course this can be every now and then. But I notice this so reguarly that it´s hard to believe. Especially when there seems to be a big gap between the winner ( no no, it is not me I am talking about..would sound arrogantly^^) and the fastest lap guy concerning skill.

Edit: Oh and sometimes the race starts without having pressed a button..as host.

leungbok
31st July 2011, 11:30 AM
Maybe it was the leader or 2nd player that deserved the fastest lap's badge, but there's sort of priority in badges rewards. Maybe when you deserves several badges in a race you'll obtain one prioritary on the others. "comeback king" rather than "free time", "free time" rather than "speed hunter"... and then the badges not obtained but deserved are available for other pilots.
Don't know, just an idea ! :)

trackripper
31st July 2011, 03:06 PM
Leungbok, your theory actually makes sense... sorta. :P I've noticed that too.
On another note, upside down flying for me again today...

XR_GTR
31st July 2011, 05:00 PM
I flew upside down again, this time at the first hairpin of Sebenco Climb. Serial respawns I hate.

Does the AG League Commission hate autistic pilots like me or something?

trackripper
31st July 2011, 05:21 PM
Upside down near the chicane section on Sebenco Reverse for me today... Is it just on Sebenco? O_o I remember this used to happen all the time on Pure since your ship wouldn't level out in mid-air, it would keep its angle and often you'd land on your side or upside down completely.

R3BU5ER
31st July 2011, 06:49 PM
Weirdest moment for me is defenitly when I was racing with Tarquin, 1VS1 on ubermall forward. He was sitting on the grid the whole race, ended up as a photo-finish...WTF?! Tarquin saw me sitting on start/finishline the whole race :lol That's was the most unbelievable thing I think I experienced..

Whizawk
2nd August 2011, 08:54 PM
Auricom somehow went straight through the track (wouldn't even be suprised if that thing left a crater on landing) and when I respawned back on track I was flying upside-down with the cockpit grazing the surface of the track. Then it respawned me again, but this time - the right way up.:hyper

MyNameIsBom
4th August 2011, 08:42 AM
um i managed to go through the track, just like Whizzer-Hawk.. I was doing a zone battle split screen on Amphersium(?) reverse I landed on the starting grid from the final jump and landed on the side wall, falling through the barrier, I got about 1 second look from underneath the track... Looked awesome ;) Damn i now wish that WOHD has replay features :/

UB3R~JKP
6th August 2011, 01:35 AM
One of those classic, "I finished 1st but LONO someone managed to get a faster time when they were clearly behind me" moment. :lol Damn you lag!

ion harvest
6th August 2011, 04:02 AM
:blarg my own missile pinging off the walls and coming back to hit me :paperbag

Flint Fandango
6th August 2011, 07:18 PM
It was just a few minutes ago...Renn and me were declared as RennFlint and participated in a flash race.
When the race started, we were suddenly declared as "Abzurd". It happened two times in a row!
That was really absurd. :|

yusik
6th August 2011, 09:13 PM
When in the rare times I get 1st, someone else has a better time than I do.. I noticed others mentioning this, but I still don't get how this occurs lol, maybe cus I'm on wireless? Pretty weird anyhow.

lorezstar
10th August 2011, 06:50 AM
Today Very often the one that finishes last and is e.g. 20 seconds slower than the first one had the fastest lap time. Of course this can be every now and then. But I notice this so reguarly that it´s hard to believe. Especially when there seems to be a big gap between the winner ( no no, it is not me I am talking about..would sound arrogantly^^) and the fastest lap guy concerning skill.

I've noticed that very often and came to my own conclusion that they did a "personal" fastest lap.

lorezstar
10th August 2011, 06:52 AM
I quite like the glitches in HD, some of them are properly mental!

totally agree (once i have gotten over the fact my race has been shot to pieces)

novide
10th August 2011, 07:06 AM
the fastest lap badge worked at the beginning, but since a year or longer, i think it changed and now it means slowest lap..

yesterday i had a race and AiiRWOLF overtook me, he was easy 2 sec. in front of me, saw him crossing the finishline, but in the results i was in front of him.. lag over 2 sec.

Koleax
11th August 2011, 03:32 AM
I think it's pretty weird that the most overwhelmingly popular game mode online is "Tournament" when half the players quit after the first race.

XR_GTR
11th August 2011, 04:40 AM
Nearly nobody plays Zone Battle, as well. Well, okay, in terms of random games/matches anyhow.

Autechom
28th August 2011, 02:37 PM
Yesterday I played Eliminator. I was damn lucky, getting several quakes, so at the end of the raceI won easily with 16 kills. The badge I received was: Successful pacifist O_ô

FirstDave
28th August 2011, 03:05 PM
Very odd as i too easily won an eliminator yesterday too and i got the pacifist badge and i did at the time think wtf!

Dave.

Olivario
2nd September 2011, 08:34 AM
It was yesterday, on a race at Moa Therma. In the last lap i was behind other player, and jumped in the barrell roll location before the finish; he didnt, and i fell over him, who acted like a taxi driver, taking me to the finish line :g

SoA_Booney
3rd September 2011, 05:35 PM
Was beginning a tournament and throughout i was racing under a random name? dont know how but definately looked weird :)

Jav
3rd September 2011, 11:46 PM
It was yesterday, on a race at Moa Therma. In the last lap i was behind other player, and jumped in the barrell roll location before the finish; he didnt, and i fell over him, who acted like a taxi driver, taking me to the finish line :g

Who won? :D

P_Denton
4th September 2011, 04:48 AM
Got into a random elim room the other day. The bottom indicator readings went batshit insane and all the opposing crafts turned completely invisible on my end. I don't think all the other players had the same problem as weapons were fired at me while I was holding back going wtf. Anyway the oppo were so noobish I actually led O_o I got fed up with it halfway through and left^^ Too surreal for my nerves.

GiraffeRider
4th September 2011, 09:50 AM
In the last lap of a race in Sebenco I sniped a guy with a plasma when he was half a second away from the finish line. He exploded and was sent flying forward, crossed the finish line and crashed into the mountains, and the game gave him 1st place

Olivario
4th September 2011, 11:24 AM
Who won? :D

Me, by 0.01 :)

NX-01
7th September 2011, 11:01 PM
During a Rapier class Tourney race on Vineta Rev past Monday, I got slammed into that open pit in the track and it was like a video loop of me going down three times and about three seconds long before I recovered to continue the race. :rolleyes:

trackripper
9th September 2011, 09:13 PM
Vineta K FWD, I used the boost-BR combo when coming back onto the home straight, messed up my trajectory and got stuck on a billboard (I think it's the Goteki 45 one, though not sure if it changes) for the rest of the race...

Azurooth
10th September 2011, 10:40 AM
My weirdest moment was when i was playing wipeout and everything went sooo well and suddenly the game froze and i got ylod. That was pretty weird.

1337cheata
21st September 2011, 02:27 AM
i was on anulpha pass and coming up to the split on the track i go stuck on a wall and wasnt losing any damage. if it was zone it would of help but unfortunately it was race XD

Aeralys
24th September 2011, 08:35 PM
Been playing this game for almost a year and I've only just discovered you can disengage Auto-Pilots at any point by pressing Circle. A weird noob moment for me...

Light Buster
28th September 2011, 03:06 PM
Sometimes, the game will freeze up on me. Other times I find my self hitting walls that send me straight up and off the track (but at least I can do a barrel roll on the way down).

zero3growlithe
28th September 2011, 06:53 PM
Trying to make BR on Anulpha Pass's "bridge" with boost, falling 5 or more times in row, in the same place, and every next fall off is making you respawn upside down.... try it :g But it will happen on other tracks too...

EDIT: And when my game froze after getting "Perfect Lap" on Ubermall Rev... game couldn't believe it xD

beatracer
24th October 2011, 12:10 PM
In Elimination, seeing a Quake rush towards me. I guess the first reaction would be to start a shield or brace for impact. My first reaction....

...Huh?...Is that-HIT-

Azurooth
24th October 2011, 11:49 PM
hehe in elimination you can turn your ship around 180 degrees by simply pressing R1. And therefore shoot the other way. :)

james1976
31st October 2011, 02:26 PM
My weirdest moment so far?

Was playing one day last week online and was about 5 seconds from claiming my first online win, when the person I'm racing against left the game and I ended up with "DNF". :| Lame and a bit childish.

D_1998_BR
3rd November 2011, 12:06 PM
An Elite AI Harimau pilot overtook me on sebenco reverse,then my ship started to burn,like when you hit mines,but the harimau didn't deploy any mines (instead,he boosted)

Playing online Single race yesterday,i was winning by 10 seconds gap from everyone (before INFINITY_1 joined the session,my winning chances decreased by a lot,but i still managed to win some races),i finished the race in first place,but then,when i was gonna get a glass of water and watch my global rankings,i noticed someting really odd: NoUseForAnID had won without even moving the ship! Everyone confirmed I was first for the entire race,but somehow he won,i was like WTF!?!? :bomb

Azurooth
21st November 2011, 12:04 AM
New weird experience. Choosed AG-Systems (as usual) It looked liked AG-Systems, but it wasn't. It was another ship in disguise. In short words, i got some other ships stats. Felt all funky. O.o

siriusglee
26th November 2011, 09:24 AM
AG-Systems is like the Autobacs of Grand Turismo 5 (read any of their car descriptions). They may put you inside an experimental ship, without any warnings.

(For posterity: Everything I said above is false)

Slacker
26th November 2011, 06:47 PM
At the start of an eliminator match, I got hammered with a big succession of weapons/collisions, and came out the mess with the little ball of energy you get with a leech beam. I never had an LB. It stayed with me the whole race.

trackripper
26th November 2011, 08:26 PM
I've had that several times, its something to do with a disturbance when you try to use or absorb it I think...

Azurooth
27th November 2011, 12:59 PM
AG-Systems is like the Autobacs of Grand Turismo 5 (read any of their car descriptions). They may put you inside an experimental ship, without any warnings.

(For posterity: Everything I said above is false)

Haha it all makes sense now. :D

runingman111
28th November 2011, 02:39 PM
...mmh in a lobby with noobies... and I finish the race at last... well done, i think when you new to wipeout and race nearly a wr.. but we all know this