PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to rip the tracks off Wipeout Fusion

armmarant
24th March 2003, 04:40 AM
I heard in the .WAD file all the music is stored but i cant find a program that will let me do that if anyone knows of a program. please post a link or something cus i want that soundtrack. :roll:

U V
24th March 2003, 10:49 AM
this is sooooo easy [but a long way round the problem]

hook your sound system up to either a mini-disk or PC then start a race and press the select button, this shows all the sound track songs, play the one you wont [or all of them] and press record! [90 minutes later] woohoo you now have all the wipeout fusion tracks.

as i'm a p.c. thicko i'm realy not able to tell you how to rip the tracks direct from the game CD

Wamdue
25th March 2003, 09:25 PM
you need a wad extracter, I dont have it anymore but Im sure someone else here has it. Or you could search for it on the www.

vh5150
26th March 2003, 03:38 AM
You need the tool by Zandal in order to rip from the Fusion disc.

Gonaka
2nd April 2003, 07:56 AM
if anybody is having trouble extracting, try my guide found here:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=875

/.liberty_

fusionfrenzy
9th March 2004, 05:51 PM
no no no, there is a WAY easier way of doing it.

Find a CD player/ stereo in your house which has red And white sockets in the back. Now, find the scart lead from the ps2 to the telly and split the wires from each other (this won't damage them). Then , plug the white and the red wires into the stereo's sockets. Change the cd player/stereo's settings to "video" or vcr etc, and put a tape in and record the music strate from the game, scrolling thru from track 1-19. Make sure you turn off the sound effects ad you can even play at the same time if u want.

Glockster0
9th March 2004, 10:46 PM
http://www.ps2rippininfo.btinternet.co.uk/tools.htm

vh5150
10th March 2004, 10:09 PM
no no no, there is a WAY easier way of doing it.

Find a CD player/ stereo in your house which has red And white sockets in the back. Now, find the scart lead from the ps2 to the telly and split the wires from each other (this won't damage them). Then , plug the white and the red wires into the stereo's sockets. Change the cd player/stereo's settings to "video" or vcr etc, and put a tape in and record the music strate from the game, scrolling thru from track 1-19. Make sure you turn off the sound effects ad you can even play at the same time if u want.

That would be great for those that would like to tape the music in Analog.

If you want to record ANY DIGITAL music from your PS2 from the optical out you would have to get something like a Pro DAT or Pro CD-R. Where you can defeat SCMS through a few button presses like the Tascam DA-20 e.g.. Or do like me and get a either a Midiman CO3 (discontinued), Behringer SRC 2000 or SRC 2496. The optical out on the PS2 won't pass audio to a consumer digital recorder.

The zandal tool is great for wad to wav to mp3 but it was made for only Wipeout Fusion. Soundforge or Cool Edit can convert the PS2's 48Khz audio to 44.1 CD audio. Any low priced sample rate converter like the Behringer models pass the audio with the copy bit off and change the sample rate to 44.1

DISCLAIMER:
This in no way advocates nor condones "home taping" or "fair use" laws in your country. It is up to you to study and know the law where it can benefit and apply to you. The statements made herein are my own and do not apply to the owners or admins of this forum. All rights reserved.

fusionfrenzy
11th April 2004, 03:16 PM
Ive discovered a really really easy way to get Fusion's music on CD. You need a fairly up-to-date pc/laptop.

Rip the red+white wires apart, and plug them into the red+white holes in ur pc/laptop (not all computers have the holes). Then play the game without soundFX, and record the music onto pc using mediaplayer or something. Once youve done that record the tracks onto a writeable or re-writeable cd-r using media player and make sure u have a cd rewriter.

vh5150
12th April 2004, 02:53 PM
If you can read this message then you don't need anything else but a dvd rom drive to rip the tracks, a cd or dvd burner.