PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Players

NX-01
19th July 2011, 09:17 PM
I read on the forum about the Japanese racers bringing there "A" game lately online. Damn! What the hell! Is there a mini WipeoutHD workshop going on over there? About 2230 hrs (10:30 pm) PST a lot of races are hosted by Japanese players and they are racing circles around me. Hell, I don't claim to be great, but, I'm no rookie either. Hey! hmmmm? it could by a server issue, yep! that's it. No worries mate. :lol

trackripper
19th July 2011, 09:44 PM
I've encountered Japanese racers before, but the one's I've come across tend to be pretty bad as even I can beat them with about 4-5 seconds to spare... Maybe it's just my timing? Actually it probably is as I'm usually on early afternoon... They're all sleeping lol :P

UB3R~JKP
19th July 2011, 09:52 PM
The Japan representatives can be very fast out there, no doubt about it mate. :+

Frailavi
19th July 2011, 11:50 PM
PONTA012 is my hero.

trackripper
20th July 2011, 08:20 AM
A certain Aten13 literally seems to half-lap the entire field, he finishes around 15 seconds ahead O_o

Dark_Phantom_89
20th July 2011, 08:28 AM
You've never heard of reach-big, PONTA, KujyoQtaro, NOBU-the-sprigan, SHENLONG-, etc?

Now those players are very good. :nod

JFthebestJan
20th July 2011, 10:07 AM
hey DP, u forgot to name Su_Revival, fast all-rounder ;)

Colonel
20th July 2011, 10:12 AM
... and in terms of other modes, ITOSIKI and Carro-Armato are both awesome players.

UB3R~JKP
20th July 2011, 10:25 AM
Imagine how good an organised Japanese team would be! :D

greenymac
20th July 2011, 11:51 AM
I dont think Aten 13 is very fast, but Pontao, Nobu, and reach big7 are animals...

Xpand
20th July 2011, 01:03 PM
Man there was a time a few weeks ago where all I saw were JP servers, all with Sol 2 reverse and all in Phantom! I hate Sol 2 reverse but that was all that was there except for a few venom eliminator races...

SaturnReturn
20th July 2011, 06:47 PM
I joined a game with two Japanese players last night, a short way into the first lap they both quit. But that's far from typical. They're a pretty dedicated bunch, with their own community/site so I think they may well organise their sessions. I always used to see a lot of Japanese players on Sunday evenings. Always polite and friendly too, if they are OK with their English and not too humble to give it a go.

Other fast players are rerealm, hn9354, knihTknihT, Aka-sho and so on and so forth.

ion harvest
21st July 2011, 12:01 AM
So many japanese pilots. I think half of them are second accounts :blarg I was online just a few minutes ago and the are still at it :mr-t

Everyday I see rank 1 pilots from japan. They must be promoting the game in Japan i think.

UB3R~JKP
21st July 2011, 12:43 AM
Well, the Welcome Pack just arrived in JPN not too long ago. :+

ion harvest
21st July 2011, 08:52 PM
makes sense bro. there were lots of Japanese players online last night. I couldnt find a decent game.

Whizawk
24th July 2011, 07:49 PM
Reach-Big & Ponta are insane competition.:clap

PEPEDA
26th July 2011, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know something about heinz-ketchup (japanese too)??when i started to race wipeout he was insane good,always 3-4 seconds behind all pilots i use to race......

Wotan
26th July 2011, 11:42 PM
I raced him long time ago . I think he played rapier almost all the time , but It seems he stopped wipeout since very long time . Not sure he got back in cuz i stopped since too l
ong too

Colonel
29th July 2011, 02:13 PM
sinus1 had "Aten13" as his PSN comment last week. It's not one of his ghost accounts is it? :eek

Dark_Phantom_89
29th July 2011, 03:04 PM
I don't think it is.

Colonel
29th July 2011, 03:41 PM
Fair enough, it just seemed odd that all he had for his PSN comment was "Aten13". I was in a room last weekend and discovered that two of the players (with fairly high ranks) were people I know, playing under pseudonyms. It all gets quite confusing I have to say.

R3BU5ER
29th July 2011, 04:15 PM
Aten13 isn't sinus, they are friends. I've been in a room with both of them sometime long ago.

Dark_Phantom_89
29th July 2011, 04:17 PM
I really don't understand the people who play under multiple names. Where's the fun in starting over and losing all of your records?

JFthebestJan
29th July 2011, 06:55 PM
u dont loose ur records by using multiple accounts, u just get multiple entrys on the leaderboards. that SUCKS! i used a 2nd account ('moghlie') in my early days of wipEout HD, until i told XBARNSTERX about it, he washed my brain and healed me from doing this. luckily all the records i set with 'moghlie' are deleted, cause i never used that account again for wipEout (i believe after 6 months of inactivity all records are deleted automatically [PROBLEMSOLVER]).

R3BU5ER
29th July 2011, 07:13 PM
I know some phantom- pilots don't want to embarrass theirselfs on their normal name in phantom, so they use 2nd account lol. Some just want to bully around and some I think just have multiple personalities :brickwall

siriusglee
30th July 2011, 09:59 AM
Don't forget that with a Japanese account it is possible to use a 'screen name' that is not your real psn id -- a feature that apparently some developers did not take into account while developing their online functionality -- such that any American or British player could create a Japanese account and appear as variable 'legitimate' players.

This being an impetus, many of the Japanese players you meet may not actually be Japanese, but just bored 101 level players trying to get a high by posing as a Japanese person.

UB3R~JKP
30th July 2011, 11:10 AM
Dual-accounts aren't my type of thing but I guess people have a reason for using them. :+

Medusa
30th July 2011, 01:42 PM
Dual accounts: people trying to hide the fact they are hikikkomori? :) (I'M JOKING)

But seriously, BILLION-GOD nearly made me fall off my couch when I first raced him (aka ReachBig). "Who the heck is this!?!?!?"

xifdo
5th August 2011, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know who is an American pilot with several accounts "go_weapon_girl" or "yeeees_sheep_girl" or similar? always uses Icaras Hd and enjoys stop and shoot him and then send messages provocative, often see him take it with new drivers that exhausted leave the lobby.

greenymac
5th August 2011, 08:15 PM
Hey xifdo I ran into this person last weekend.(go weapon girl or sumthin)I joined a rapier race cos there were no phantom rooms open. we raced a few times and I asked would she switch the room to phantom. she promptly decided to target me the next race and then send an asshole message and leave.lol

FirstDave
5th August 2011, 08:23 PM
I think i have had messages from this person under the name go-sheepgirl i got three abusive messages about my psn id for no apparent reason.I just put it down to her being a bit of a moron and did not answer her.

Dave.

Aeralys
5th August 2011, 08:43 PM
Ayee I've seen this sheepgirl person too a few times. I was in a few races with her, PrincessShay (I think thats who it was) and some others and I was getting messages like "GO SHEEPGIRL" and "go race boys" I was like lol stfu

girl got some issues...

Though about the japanese players, I do end up playing against Aten13 a lot outside of Phantom, good competition. Pretty sure I've raced PONTA before too, though not often enough to remember how good he was.

ion harvest
5th August 2011, 10:22 PM
Sheepgirl is american.

She's a good pilot but plays a wierd game.

She stays back to shoot yo ass :D

UB3R~JKP
5th August 2011, 11:05 PM
I have under good opinion that SHEEPGirl is a dual-accounter.

R3BU5ER
6th August 2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I've bumped in to sheepgirls once in a rapier room I think, kicked the players ass by second and then started sending me stuff like; 'go sheepgirl!' and 'love sheepgirl' and what not... Also opened fire on me untill the point he couldn't catch up lol. I found it quite amusing and played along, then sheepgirl left :lol I even remember getting some random messages, when I wasn't even playing Wipeout. It's pretty sad :D

UB3R~JKP
6th August 2011, 09:32 AM
What a daft username. :lol

Ace3cube
6th August 2011, 06:00 PM
SNAKE714 or something like that. Around lvl 34 but a pretty good skills. I think it's second account (used as jp).

I like multi-account ............ :devil

siriusglee
6th August 2011, 07:21 PM
It could be a devious Catherine marketing trick.

Anyway, I've actually befriended some of these sheepgirls, giving them ample space in my *very* limited list of friends. What happens? Next week I'm racing a different sheep girl, slightly different spelling. Need to re-add new one, delete old one.

What am I going to tell my steady girlfriend?

ion harvest
6th August 2011, 07:25 PM
She's got more than 2 accounts. There is Hello sheepgirl, sheepgirl, go sheepgirl and probably a few more.

lol