PDA

View Full Version : WipEout HD Fury tracks and ships to appear on WipEout 2048?

Dusk118
29th June 2011, 08:43 PM
So we know there is cross play between WipEout 2048 and WipEout HD Fury in multiplayer, but my question is, will the HD Fury tracks and ships be part of the single player experience on 2048?

Darkdrium777
30th June 2011, 01:51 AM
No they won't. Or if they are I'll be very sad 'cause it doesn't make sense.

amplificated
30th June 2011, 06:20 AM
Pretty sure they'll be available in SL, TT and SR (and probably every other gamemode shared between the games), but I'm not sure what the other modes are so it's hard to tell. Since they're in the game and a lot of work has already been done on them, and 2048 is obviously so compatible with HD/Fury, I'd say it's a safe bet to assume they'll be available in some capacity for single player. It wouldn't make any sense to not allow those modes to be playable on those tracks.

Probably not the campaign though, which is what I think DD777 was trying to say.

Sausehuhn
30th June 2011, 06:57 AM
I imagine that WO2048 is split into two parts, just like WOHD’s campaign mode. So when you start the game you can either choose to play WOHD Fury or WO2048. Basically two seperate games packed into one container. In the end, they are two different games and have nothing to do with each other.

Dusk118
30th June 2011, 07:07 AM
Now THAT would be interesting. Either way, I'm getting this game whether they're on there or not.

Darkdrium777
30th June 2011, 02:42 PM
Probably not the campaign though, which is what I think DD777 was trying to say.Yeah, I thought single player experience meant campaign.

amplificated
30th June 2011, 04:42 PM
Since I mainly played speed lap in HD, I kinda felt like that was a big part of the single player experience.

In fact, most of the modes in HD/Fury are single player - SL, TT, Zone, Detonator; and the multiplayer modes SR, Zone Battle and Eliminator can also be played single player. So... I think it's fair to assume the "single player experience" extends beyond the campaigns, no?

Darkdrium777
30th June 2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah.

GalacticSpartan
9th July 2011, 05:40 AM
My applogies on my sudden dissapeances. But ever since the brand new Wipeout game came up. I was suprised from what they`re doing. I doupt any track from HD or fury would appear. It`s based BEFORE the origonal WipEout, and it means none were made before hand. Maybe for DLC, but I doupt it. But for Ships, the origonal Five have been confirmed have confirmed aka Fiesar, AG-Systems, Qirex, Auricom, and Pir-hana (Piranna). I Want Assagai, Icaras,and maybe Triakis to come back? Before they were foundations, and racing companies. And maybe Van-Uber to come out as well along with Xios?

Dusk118
12th July 2011, 04:37 AM
My applogies on my sudden dissapeances. But ever since the brand new Wipeout game came up. I was suprised from what they`re doing. I doupt any track from HD or fury would appear. It`s based BEFORE the origonal WipEout, and it means none were made before hand. Maybe for DLC, but I doupt it. But for Ships, the origonal Five have been confirmed have confirmed aka Fiesar, AG-Systems, Qirex, Auricom, and Pir-hana (Piranna). I Want Assagai, Icaras,and maybe Triakis to come back? Before they were foundations, and racing companies. And maybe Van-Uber to come out as well along with Xios?
I think a split campaign would be nice. One side with HD Fury stuff, and the other side for all the brand new stuff.

F.E.I.S.A.R
12th July 2011, 09:38 AM
@Raptor 1:The rules are very clear,do not quote the post directly above yours. I did it before and it hurt.
PS3 already has WOHDF,so unless it is to make things easier for the PS3 users,I don't think they may be a HD in 2048.Or maybe they will have it in such a way that you must have WoHDF beforehand to have integration between 2048 and HDF

DJ Techno
13th July 2011, 08:18 PM
So we know there is cross play between WipEout 2048 and WipEout HD Fury in multiplayer, but my question is, will the HD Fury tracks and ships be part of the single player experience on 2048?

Hell the f no!

One. Did the guys in designer republic use any familiar and similar tracks after each wipout?
No
Should studio Liverpool do anything that is similar and familiar with tracks after each of there series?
No and they better have not.

It's called creating something new every time. Not bring through the same thing over.

If anything, any of the new tracks should go with the proposed teams their bringing out. Including tracks from the main teams themselves.

If they even put in one track from pulse and pure. Studies Liverpool has completely lost their creative mind.

Oh somebody say "its ok to pull in tracks from the other games".

I'm gonna say sure... If the tracks are one something u can use for online game play or gaming in a unlockable or downloadable game pack.

Don't u fools have any of the tracks from hd, fury, pulse, and pure mixed in with this 2048.

Cause you know for damn well it won't even be 2048
It would be 22 or 2348.

Dusk118
19th July 2011, 10:44 PM
Dude, calm down. It doesn't have to be part of the storyline, just an extra thing in the Campaign. But think, if there's crossplay with HD, then the HD stuff would have to be in this game SOMEWHERE.

GalacticSpartan
20th July 2011, 03:51 PM
HD has to be in 2048, if it could stand up for it in the Vita.

Mad-Ice
21st July 2011, 08:10 AM
Nope! If you already have Wipeout HDF on your PS3 system you are allowed to dl it on 4 other systems for free. So you will be able to dl Wipeout HDF right away on your PSVITA system without any additional cash.

I think it will be two separate games. 2048 exclusively for PSVITA and maybe playable on PS3 after half a year or more. Wipeout HDF cross compatible between PS3 and PSVITA. So no cross compatibility between 2048 and Wipeout HDF!!!

Greetz Mad-Ice

Colin Berry
8th August 2011, 04:42 PM
Hell the f no!

One. Did the guys in designer republic use any familiar and similar tracks after each wipout?
No

Well, they didnt design the game or the tracks or have ANY say in the actual game content on WO or WO2097 or WO3 (which of course did have classic tracks in the Special Edition anyway)

How is it people still think designers republic made the game
They did some cool graphic design, which is not game design

bjoern92
9th August 2011, 07:07 AM
Nope! If you already have Wipeout HDF on your PS3 system you are allowed to dl it on 4 other systems for free. So you will be able to dl Wipeout HDF right away on your PSVITA system without any additional cash.

I think it will be two separate games. 2048 exclusively for PSVITA and maybe playable on PS3 after half a year or more. Wipeout HDF cross compatible between PS3 and PSVITA. So no cross compatibility between 2048 and Wipeout HDF!!!

Greetz Mad-Ice

That would have been a good solution! Not sure if the chances are big on it though. In that case almost all of the PSN tiltles available would be able to get the cross game treatment, and as far as i know Sony hasn't stated something like that?

amplificated
9th August 2011, 07:35 AM
PS3 games are not playable on the Vita...

Just because 2048 and HD/Fury can play together over a network doesn't mean the games themselves could be ported either way at will - they're still very different on a technical level, and the PS3 and Vita are very, very different machines.

Granpire Viking Man
2nd November 2011, 07:29 PM
I don't think this is true... I remember one of the early interviews on WO2048, one of the developers was impressed with how adeptly and smoothly the Vita could run Wipeout HD tracks without any modification.

Also, Sony has said since the announcement that the Vita was designed to have easy porting from the PS3, and there is one particular game(Dungeon Defenders) that was ported in a week.

Of course, this doesn't mean that you can play any PS3 game on the Vita, it just means the two systems are more alike than one might think.

amplificated
2nd November 2011, 09:41 PM
The CPU architecture is fundamentally different between the systems. The code has to be compiled to the specifications of the system desired or the game would not run at all. Ports are compiled from source code for an entirely different system, (which is why things don't always turn out that well, hence so many PC gamers complaining about "shoddy console ports") but as you said, Sony have developed the Vita in mind of having easily portable content between it and the Vita.

Games don't exactly come packaged with their source code, so it's impossible to have a PS3 game run on a Vita console, let alone on the fly - compiling code takes time - and typically, work needs to be done to polish up some aspects of the code which are specifically designed for the other machine, so the games would still likely have game-breaking bugs.

It would be like running Japanese through Babelfish and then into English and expecting there to not be a problem.

So, no, you can't just plug in a PS3 game to a Vita and get it working for the very same reasons you can't put an Xbox 360 game into a PS3 and expect it to work.

Granpire Viking Man
3rd November 2011, 02:12 AM
Of course, I totally agree with you on every point.

Your post just seemed very drastic, but rereading the above post, it makes more sense. I apologize.

PS3 to Vita porting is not extremely difficult, but it's not extremely easy(as you said, "at will") either.

Dusk118
9th November 2011, 09:56 AM
Hey guys, lookie here:
http://www.vitagamr.com/news/2011/11/wipeout_2048_controls_courses_and_camera_detailed
Clearly explains the PSVita/PS3 crossplay. Looks like WOHD is playable on the PSVita, just as I had hoped. YUS!!!

amplificated
9th November 2011, 11:23 AM
That's exactly what has been reiterated since crossplay was first confirmed; and doesn't say what everyone has been wondering: if the HD/Fury tracks and craft are available offline for SL/TT or any other modes shared.

Blaey
9th November 2011, 03:04 PM
Hey guys, lookie here:
http://www.vitagamr.com/news/2011/11/wipeout_2048_controls_courses_and_camera_detailed
Clearly explains the PSVita/PS3 crossplay. Looks like WOHD is playable on the PSVita, just as I had hoped. YUS!!!

Where does it say that in the article??

amplificated is right in saying that this is exacty what has been said every since they first mentioned it.

I also don't see why people are making such a big deal of playing wipeout HD on the vita. The way I see it, studio liverpool are going to include some (if not all) of the tracks from Wipeout HD with Wipeout 2048 purely for online.

Dusk118
9th November 2011, 06:18 PM
Personally, I love WOHDF, so if I could play it anywhere I want, that'd be swell. I'm just happy that it's playable on the Vita. Will continue to keep this topic updated on the crossplay.

kaori
23rd November 2011, 02:52 PM
I've just read "Wipeout 2048 Q&A: Speed Thrills" article on the american PSblog, it's not very clear between HD tracks only and HD+Fury tracks.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/08/wipeout-2048-qa-speed-thrills/