PDA

View Full Version : How would you like online multiplayer to work?

billychanxtr33m
15th June 2011, 01:29 AM
I started playing HD multiplayer again recently and was reminded how much I didn't like how it worked. With players hosting games it seems like you spend a lot more time waiting around than racing.... and even when you get a good couple of races going, it is never long before people start leaving.

I am not sure how SL is planing on doing the "online campaign," but I think online would benefit greatly from some sort of queue system at least for single race.

But that is just what I want, what do you all think would work best?

IndoorSnowStorm
15th June 2011, 04:34 AM
Honestly I didn't mind the online in HD or Pulse, for that matter. For those that are impatient, there should be something like a dynamic ship viewer. Which lets you look around a ship in a hangar or something along those lines. An example would be something like here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkqQAXlDJhU&hd=1). Anything other than that would be too much, in my opinion.

MyNameIsBom
15th June 2011, 07:44 AM
They should include chat lobbies, therefore it is easier to set up games ;)

IndoorSnowStorm
16th June 2011, 12:23 AM
Why didn't I think of that? Chat lobbies would make life a whole lot easier! :g

JABBERJAW
16th June 2011, 01:04 AM
Allow the person hosting to play tt while they are waiting, but have a viewer so you can see if anyone has joined

Nutcase:259
16th June 2011, 07:04 PM
Allow the person hosting to play tt while they are waiting

yes. and the same if someone joins and a race is in progress. speed lap or something.

also i think someone mentioned a while ago about making an online racing game where you race against other peoples 'ghosts' could just muck about doing that in the wait before a 'real' race.
like you join a race in progress and race say the first 2 laps of the competitors ghosts from that race, could also be a handy indication of whether your gonna get trounced or not and give you the option of chickening out :g

JABBERJAW
17th June 2011, 01:05 AM
Love that idea,IF it doesn't slow down the game that is being played by the others. I think the game slows down when someone joins the lobby waiting for the game to end ( Lag I mean).