PDA

View Full Version : Flying the Pirahna (literally!)

File_404
17th February 2002, 10:56 PM
Well done Studio Liverpool. Not only have they lined their game with loads of unlockable extras, they've even included a few you have to discover yourself. For instance, whilst playing vohl sq. (course 2) on time trial as Pirahna i found a really cool secret! On the second jump, i shot straight up into the air higher than normally allowed in the game. "What a view!" i thought as my craft soared gracefully through the polluted sky. Strangely though, it didn't seem to lose altitude and drop. Instead it kept on going higher and higher, way past the finish line. It didn't even register i had passed the end of the race, allowing me to continue guiding my ship high above the beautifully rendered Moscow.
Then, without warning, the ship lost power and fell into oblivion. I raced again and again (as i was desperately trying to get a gold medal) and the same thing happened. A nice short whirl high above the city. Unfortunately it seems, there is no way to 'turn off' this secret. Unless, of course, its not a secret at all but rather a horrific bug preventing me from getting any further in my nearly completed game!!!
Now don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those bloody 'bug-hunters' from the other forums. I love my Fusion. I'm just very frustrated as i can't seem to finish the race without flying off into the sunset. You guys must have had to play this stage to get to 100% completion. How did you manage to avoid this bug??

Icaranha New Age
18th February 2002, 04:26 AM
Firstly its no secret. Secondly it can be avoided by braking hard before the tip and then accelling again... If that does not work... Then... Umm... lol God i dunno! But one thing is i race Piranha 100% upgrade and i have no probs at all with the flying high effect. It has happened to me on occasion, but i find my ways around the bugs. You seem to catch da bugs on either Ag League or Arcade, the other modes work just dandy :smile:

Hyper Shadow
18th February 2002, 10:03 AM
This has only happened to me once.

It was on the time trial and I was just about to get the gold (I found this one particularly taxing) when the ship started to continuously ascend. Slamming the brakes on caused the ship to plummet and I continued to do two laps for the price of one. Needless to say this has only happened once and I havn't changed my technique for this course (I don't think)

File_404
18th February 2002, 08:37 PM
I eventually got around it. It ALWAYS happens if i hit restart on time trial. It NEVER happens on the first try. So i just had to make sure i got it first go. Oh and by the way i know it was a bug i was just being sarcastic.....lol.

JABBERJAW
18th February 2002, 11:52 PM
They need to make the lap register at a higher altitude for the american release

science
19th February 2002, 06:30 AM
...assuming that we get it. speaking of, i need to bring the petition up again to see what its fate will be (but not here;))

pertaining to the problem at hand:
does pushing the nose down not help at all?

double post, sorry about that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: science on 2002-02-19 07:31 ]</font>

science
19th February 2002, 06:30 AM
...assuming that we get it. speaking of, i need to bring the petition up again to see what its fate will be (but not here;))

pertaining to the problem at hand:
does pushing the nose down not help at all?

Hyper Shadow
19th February 2002, 12:46 PM
Pitch control has no little to now effect. As the ship goes constantly upwards, lowering the nose makes it go horizontal at the altitude that it has achieved (I think). The only solution is to drop the speed off and then plummet, Wile E Coyote style