PDA

View Full Version : WipEout 2048 facts

Sausehuhn
13th June 2011, 08:58 AM
Lots of speculation going on right now, so I thought I could share some facts I found. Of course these can change within in the next months, but anyway. This thread could also serve as a place where we collect all the game facts so they don’t get lost in all the other threads. Just an idea.

So:

Ben alias G’Kyl says on 4players.de (http://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/Allgemein/27158/2063464/) that there will be five teams with four different ships.
Each ship has special attributes: fast, agile, strong or a prototype with a unique feature. That makes 20 ships in total as confirmed by Studio Liverpool.
Ben says there are old and new teams in; but I assume that it’s Auricom, Feisar, Qirex, AG-Systems and Piranha (spelt „Pir-Hana“ as seen in the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVNSMatFxTg&feature=youtu.be#t=1m03s)).

Sideshift is a part of the game and handling feels much like HD. Barrel rolls are in. Pilot assist is improved to avoid ping-pong-bouncing.

I did not want to „steal“ Ben’s information, just wanted to share it with those who cannot read German. I would be glad if Ben can tell us even more about the game ;)

leungbok
13th June 2011, 10:54 AM
Maybe we can do a list of known features and edit it (like blackwiggle do on transcendance's thread) when news are updated :

- 10 tracks with different routes on each.
- 20 ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Pilot assist on (improved for lesser pinball effect)
- Super Phantom's speed class makes his entry on the franchise on classic modes.
- 2 sorts of weapon pads : yellow ones for agressive weapons, at least 4 different green items for defense (4 icons seen ATM).
- New weapons (not shown yet)
- Wider tracks with magstrips on some places.
- Crossplay with Wipeout users on PS3.
- Motion control, voice's activation for weapons, thrust can also be controled with the touch rear pad.
- Full online campaign.
- New modes (not known yet, some for hardcore players).
- 60 fps ? or 30 fps ?

Debut city (longest gameplay video i saw ATM) : http://www.vandal.net/video/16224/jugando-a-wipeout-ps-vita-vandal-tv-e3-2011
Feel free to edit and correct the list when features are added or confirmed/infirmed ;)

G'Kyl
13th June 2011, 12:32 PM
Nice find. *g* You're welcome to "steal" that kind of information anytime, of course! :)

I'm afraid there isn't much more I gathered "on site". Hardly had enough time, and couldn't get to the game a second time as I left the line for another guy who hadn't had hands-on time before. Silly, I know. ;)

Here's something that's not in the article:
- Zone Mode is in, but looks apparently different than in HD
- not all ship types are able to use all kinds of pick-ups
- I believe Vector is out - not 100% sure, though
- no reverse tracks atm

Ben

ZixXer
13th June 2011, 12:49 PM
im pretty sure that i heard a dev guy say: a new gameplay mode will involve that every pilot gets a diverent mission. so one needs to finish 2e one needs to kill 3 players etc.

not sure what to think of that mode yet exept that it will have more pilots at the same place at the track.

blackwiggle
13th June 2011, 01:35 PM
2048 contains a full VITA version of HD/FURY with in it.
It's only the HD/FURY portion of 2048 that will be cross play compatible with the PS3, not any of the new tracks etc.
If a PS3 playable version of 2048 comes out who knows, but I've read nothing about this anywhere, and I've been searching furuiously

The Campaign is online and every racer will be given a different challenge to complete in the same race.

All tracks are 3 tiered, with the lowest level set graphically close to present day, and then the levels get more futuristic as the craft race up the sides of the buildings.

This seems to remind my sort of how FUSION opened up.
Those who played it, remember each track in FUSION had 3 different lengths? you started with the shortest one and as you progressed through Campaign the other sections slowly opened up one by one.
I guess 2048 will be the same, except this time the tiers/levels of the same track open up as you progress, instead of the track getting longer.

G'Kyl
13th June 2011, 02:27 PM
im pretty sure that i heard a dev guy say: a new gameplay mode will involve that every pilot gets a diverent mission. so one needs to finish 2e one needs to kill 3 players etc.
Yes and no. Races will still be about being the fastest, however each pilot will have different "secondary objectives", which also earn you XP.

2048 contains a full VITA version of HD/FURY with in it.
It won't be all tracks. Which ones and how many, I was told, is still in the open. But yes, crossplay only with the HD part of the game.

All AFAIR. :)

Ben

RJ O'Connell
13th June 2011, 03:00 PM
The game was confirmed to run at 30 FPS in the Eurogamer preview.

Also confirmed from that interview, but not with concrete (read: visual) evidence is that Altima VII is included as the final track.

leungbok
13th June 2011, 03:31 PM
- 10 tracks with 3 different routes on each (fusion like).
- 20 ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Super Phantom's speed class makes his entry on the franchise on classic modes.
- 2 sorts of weapon pads : yellow ones for agressive weapons, at least 4 different green items for defense (4 icons seen ATM).
- Item pickups will be different depending of the ship used (fusion like).
- Longer & Wider tracks with magstrips on some places.
- Motion control, voice's activation for weapons, thrust can also be controled with the touch rear pad.
- Full online campaign with different challenges for each pilot on the same race.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included

il_mago_di_Doz
13th June 2011, 09:42 PM
"fastest lap challenge" 1 vs 1 online

leungbok
13th June 2011, 10:22 PM
- 10 tracks with 3 different routes on each (fusion like).
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Full online campaign with different challenges for each pilot on the same race.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included
- Fastest lap challenge, 1 vs 1 online

Slacker
13th June 2011, 11:46 PM
you should probably edit your, luengbok, instead of posting over and over. you're going to annoy the mods + any psp viewers if you keep that up.

Aeroracer
13th June 2011, 11:47 PM
isnt 30fps a bit of a bad thing..i thought that was gone when i was like 10 years old and ps1 was at its peak..

can someone explain why i think 3fps is a bad thing and correct me if i am wrong..

rest of it sounds ..

i like voice activation..

that means i can shoot a rocket whilst im in my kitchen making tea or in the bath..

ill put auto pilot on use blu tak on the thrust button and turn up volume and when i hear a ship ill say..FIRE ROCKETS...cool i love that concept
kinda like firefox film apart from you dont need to know russian to activate weapons..

blackwiggle
14th June 2011, 12:41 AM
I noticed the similarities between 2048 and the identical track section in FUSION 127 years later.[It's Florion Heights]
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200376&postcount=4

RJ O'Connell
14th June 2011, 02:01 AM
yeah, I don't like that it's running at 30 FPS, to date only two Wipeout games have hit 60

Fusion (NTSC) and HD/Fury

now to be fair, there were limitations on the PS1 and PSP hardware...and the PS2 was a "lost generation" for this series

Darkdrium777
14th June 2011, 03:15 AM
I'll say it again. Pulse can run up to 60FPS, and will do so in Time Trial majoritarily for example. Hence the easier barrel rolls.

leungbok
14th June 2011, 06:34 AM
you should probably edit your, leungbok, instead of posting over and over
Idea is anyone adding a new stuff uses the list with his found !
People scarcely look at the first post of a thread to check latests infos.

hunterx848
23rd June 2011, 02:27 AM
any news about customizing the ship skins like in pulse?

Skvall
23rd June 2011, 04:32 AM
The most important feature of this game, for me, would be it having 60fps. This makes me sad. :(

blackwiggle
23rd June 2011, 07:11 AM
It might only run at 30fps on the VITA to conserve battery charge.
I would think any PS3 version [If it is to happen] would have to be the same as HD/FURY- 60fps.

Skvall
23rd June 2011, 08:13 AM
Problem is I dont see a ps3 version happening , not for a long time...

If its about battery consumption it should be an option.

Xpand
23rd June 2011, 11:15 AM
Don't say that!! I can't buy another small screen console! My eyes will pop-out!

il_mago_di_Doz
23rd June 2011, 06:09 PM
Plus... playing woHD I destroy a DualShock3 every 6 months... I can't break a PSvita every 6 months, that would be a real problem :lol :lol :lol

kaori
28th June 2011, 02:11 PM
Price 39€99 on amazon.fr (http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0054QI7MI/ref=oss_product)

GalacticSpartan
20th July 2011, 03:48 PM
There can`t be just only 5 teams in this. It`ll be bad. But then again they were the only 5 at that time. Who knows, there could be gang like crafts in the game that do it just for racing just before the first Wipeout. If that can be bothersome, you`d have maybe 5 Feisars, 2 AG-Systems and 1 Pir-Hana in a online race, and I`d be tiresome of that. Maybe have Icaras having prototypes before joining Feisar, have Tigeron, Qirex or another Russian team duking it out to be come the primary Russian powerhouse. Have maybe Triakis in just because they`ll be making the weapons for the league. They have to be complex in this. Don`t just give us 5 teams. Give us many.

Mad-Ice
21st July 2011, 08:02 AM
Plus... playing woHD I destroy a DualShock3 every 6 months... I can't break a PSvita every 6 months, that would be a real problem :lol :lol :lol

I know that problem too about the DualShock3 controller, I broke two of them too. Anyway, I think that the PSVITA will be stronger than a DS3 because it took me over one and a half year to break the d-pad on my first PSP and only a few months to break the L and R buttons on the DS3.

Greetz Mad-Ice

R3BU5ER
21st July 2011, 12:13 PM
I hope then, that the psvita will be stronger or equally strong as the psp, because the newer the type of ps3 controller, the crappier the quality and the faster they break :lol

tommyboy716
24th July 2011, 08:20 PM
Wipeout 2048 Is 100 % FOR SURE going to be out when They Release it For Psp Vita. Since Its Cross Play Compatible

leungbok
24th July 2011, 08:23 PM
wipeout 2048, an exclusivity (for several month at least) for psvita will have some contents of wipeout HD (but not all) in order to allows crossplay !

JABBERJAW
25th July 2011, 12:07 AM
I was thinking that wohd will be a download for free for the vita, if you have 2048, or you can just transfer your download to your vita if you have 2048. This means probably no super phantom for hd :(. I wish SL were not so damn secretive with details of this, especially when there isno reason to be. Get people excited about the features

leungbok
25th July 2011, 06:54 AM
I think that 2048 isn't finish at all, the in game's video footage are all on the same track as the trailers and the number of lap is always the same even when the speed seems to be different. It was only a demo to show some stuff at E3 IMO. So, maybe SL don't know exactly what will be present on the final game, but looking at the crossplay videos, i can say that 2048 and HD will not interact totally. I think a menu to play 2048 online and another one to play HD will be on the game and no interactions between both, if a psvita player wants to play HD he would have to choose HD/fury ships and HD features (it's fair IMO ;)) but he will probably be able to use some features of the vita, like front and rear touchpads...
But maybe if they release 2048 on ps3 later, they will include some stuff for both games, like new tracks for 2048 (a dlc for vita is scheduled it seems), and maybe possibility to use 2048/HD features on both games on both platforms :)
I just try guessing :D

amplificated
25th July 2011, 07:17 AM
As long as the ships aren't drastically different, I don't see why there would need to be separate menus for 2048 and HD. Fury didn't, and HD players only saw the HD versions on their screens when Fury players were in Fury ships.

2048 has all the ships and tracks found in HD, why on Earth would HD be released as well on the Vita? The campaigns are not so impressive as to be considered the bulk of the game experience, and as long as all the modes in HD are in 2048 as well, you could replicate the entire experience in racebox and online.

leungbok
25th July 2011, 08:49 AM
Fury isn't a new game than HD, it's an extension pack ! And campaigns are separated !
I'm sceptic to see HD playable offline on 2048 vita !
http://www.gamespot.com/vita/driving/wipeout-2048/video/6316685/wipeout-2048-interview-stuart-tilley
http://www.gamekult.com/video/wipeout-2048-presentation-du-jeu-10860902v.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-4jVvvrWAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVfUaTo_3Ko
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6523153/wipeout_2048_a_portable_wipeout/
http://mais.uol.com.br/view/3mk9h8436th5/wipeout-2048-0402CD9C3866E0B11326?types=A&
http://www.vbox7.com/play:8abcb2571c?r=google
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg6kbA8i8Ec&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

probably the same infos each time but maybe one or two more details !

amplificated
25th July 2011, 08:57 AM
All I've heard is that day 1 you get interoperability between the Vita and PS3, and I have absolutely no idea as to why they would restrict tracks that are obviously already in the game to be online only. They haven't specified that any restrictions will be in place on the HD/Fury tracks either. Applying Occam's Razor (now I sound like an undergrad douche, thanks), the simplest explanation is that the tracks will simply be in the game to be played when you want. There may be some conditions, such as unlocking them in racebox, but I really doubt that they'll be unavailable for offline play.

leungbok
25th July 2011, 09:02 AM
In one of the interviews (don't remember which one) they said some contents of HD will be available on 2048/vita, not all the game !
Watch them !

amplificated
25th July 2011, 10:05 AM
Hmm, the only vid there that indicated there would be an option to play PS3 players or just 2048 players was the last one.

Still, there's a lot left unsaid and I don't think it's worth worrying about: we'll find out for sure before we can make a purchase, which is the only time that knowing this stuff really matters.

leungbok
25th July 2011, 10:11 AM
Sure, but saying our hopes and fears is a way of influencing devs (if they still come on the forum) ! :p

amplificated
25th July 2011, 10:26 AM
Well, if Studio Liverpool are reading:

MAKE THE HD/FURY TRACKS PLAYABLE IN RACEBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
And then release the 2048 tracks for HD/Fury 2-4 months after the release of 2048 with a conveniently priced expansion, we can wait longer if more modes are coming and not just the tracks

There, I've done what I can :P

kaori
25th July 2011, 12:16 PM
If Studio Liverpool are reading :

Don't read the message above ;), I (and others) want a
NEW game with
NEW tracks,
NEW gameplay,
NEW features...

2048 is the next, then a
NEW WipEout for PS3 later (Blu-Ray, big advertisements...)

amplificated
25th July 2011, 12:58 PM
2048 already is all those things, including the HD/Fury tracks, so I'm going on from that.

Your suggestions can go to the next game ;)

kaori
25th July 2011, 02:36 PM
Yes I know but I thought you told 2048 should be an add-on for HD Fury later...

amplificated
25th July 2011, 04:03 PM
Oh right. Actually, my preference is for 2048 to be an expansion to HD, and then SL devotes their efforts to a PS4 WipEout. Honestly, HD is good. There's not much technical that could be fixed, the graphics are about as good as the PS3 can muster and the gameplay is good.

I'd rather have SL develop something for a platform that can really offer something on top of what we have with HD; and in there it would be good to fix the minor issues with gameplay. The PS4 better be backwards compatible though, so we can install HD on it -_-

You listening, Studio Liverpool!? Send me a PM so I know who to contact for some awesome ideas, too! :P

zero3growlithe
28th July 2011, 10:12 PM
I have a question:
Does Wipeout for PSVita is happening earlier year than Wipeout 2097 for psx? Becouse one is 2048 and the other one is 2097... is those numbers are years?

Sausehuhn
28th July 2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, right, one could add to the list that it’s a prequel of course.

leungbok
28th July 2011, 11:12 PM
- Prequel to the serie (first wipeout was located in 2052)
-10 tracks with different routes on each. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Crossplay with WipeoutHD users on PS3.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included

GalacticSpartan
29th July 2011, 04:53 AM
Still hope there`s not 5 teams lol.

JFthebestJan
29th July 2011, 09:00 AM
30 fps?
that is too slow!
every racer needs min. 60 fps, otherwise it's not very enjoyable

kanar
29th July 2011, 09:13 AM
Just wanted to say something about the 30fps thing a while ago like you JF, but never found the good arguments to express my thoughts. But I was just reading Hideo kojima's tweets, then I got the idea to copy/paste some of them here (he speaks about MGS as usual lol, and the MGS3 HD port on ps3 which will run @60fps);

"My favourite VFX supervisor and director: Douglas Trumbull advocated the system “show scan” with which you can materialize 60 fps with 70mm
long time ago. I think he was saying “Our brains recognize it as real when it goes above 45 fps” or something lijt that.
So, I pushed 60 fps for MGS2 to make it alive.

I totally agree with that; that's why for me CoD or Gt5 look so real. That's why I think mw3 will win his fight against bf3 (on the console part, as it's running at 60fps on PC). We always complained about framerates on pulse/pure (well at least me lol). And tbh, I'm fond of HD for its smooth framerate. So I'll probably find awkward to play the new wipeout at 30fps.

Temet
30th July 2011, 01:51 PM
I don't agree with you Kanar about the 30 fps thing.
I enjoyed Crysis 2 10 million times more than MW2.
And yeah, MW3 will sell a lot more than BF3. Not because it's better, just because it's COD...
(PS I don't like COD or BF, so it's not a Fan view ;) )

I won't base my decision to buy WO 2048 or not only on such a parameter.

kanar
30th July 2011, 09:48 PM
Tbh I'm trying to answer for ages now lol, but can't find the good words, as it's really an endless debate & a question of personal perception. Basically i wanted to say 60fps looks far more real to me than 30fps, even if I totally agree to the fact 30fps looks fluid. Movies are 24fps, but movies are movies right? Videogames simulate reality. Kojima tweeted that because all the MGS ps3 remixes will run at 60fps, to enhance this perception of reality. I found a nice link on that matter btw, not a "scientific" one (just try "how many fps can see the human eye" on google), that's an interesting subject btw. It's raising basically this question, what are our physical limits in term of perception (higher resolutions like 1080p & way more, higher frequencies & so on).

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

amplificated
31st July 2011, 02:08 AM
Unfortunately, Kanar, apparently most gamers simply can't tell the difference or just don't care and prefer "prettier" games over more playable framerates. Most devs attempt to cater to these people, so we lose out :(

30fps is considered barely playable on PC, but at least on consoles that 30 is locked; on good quality games anyway.

Temet
31st July 2011, 12:40 PM
I would have prefered WOHD in 720p and faster...
I just hope that "Super Phantom" will be really fast!

yawnstretch
31st July 2011, 01:24 PM
Maybe we can do a list of known features and edit it (like blackwiggle do on transcendance's thread) when news are updated :

Debut city (longest gameplay video i saw ATM) : http://www.vandal.net/video/16224/jugando-a-wipeout-ps-vita-vandal-tv-e3-2011
Feel free to edit and correct the list when features are added or confirmed/infirmed ;)

Wow - that video is sick! Anyone know what the music track playing over the video is? Level and art design looks awesome.

I'd held off on looking at this site since e3 because there were only a few scraps of footage but now I'm definitely getting a vita. Good thing I decided not to get a MacBook air (which I don't really need anyway). Just wish it was backwards compatible with all my umds (I've dozens and dozens).

Can't wait for the new wipeout. Damn it's so sweet when your favorite franchise of all time is the one that keeps getting sequels.

GalacticSpartan
31st July 2011, 06:53 PM
Tbh I'm trying to answer for ages now lol, but can't find the good words, as it's really an endless debate & a question of personal perception. Basically i wanted to say 60fps looks far more real to me than 30fps, even if I totally agree to the fact 30fps looks fluid. Movies are 24fps, but movies are movies right? Videogames simulate reality. Kojima tweeted that because all the MGS ps3 remixes will run at 60fps, to enhance this perception of reality. I found a nice link on that matter btw, not a "scientific" one (just try "how many fps can see the human eye" on google), that's an interesting subject btw. It's raising basically this question, what are our physical limits in term of perception (higher resolutions like 1080p & way more, higher frequencies & so on).

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

Whoa. 60 FPS is super smooth. At least its not 15 FPS. I`ll be ok with 30 FPS.

JABBERJAW
1st August 2011, 12:38 AM
The video looked smooth as can be, I didn't see anything wrong w the frame rate. Also, I think some games say 30 fps but it is not even close to that. Woxl is 30 fps, don't see any jitter, unless I played HD right before it

zero3growlithe
2nd August 2011, 06:02 AM
Once I wanted to check difference beetwen 60fps and 30fps playing WO Pulse on PSP while watching my brother playing WOHD on PS3, and it's really big difference, but once you won't do that (u don't see 60fps racing game atm) gameplay is the same as on PS3 imo... sooo, no pain from 30fps WO on Vita
btw. I'm happy that sixaxis controls are there too :twisted

leungbok
4th August 2011, 07:12 PM
-10 tracks with different routes on each. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.
- 20 new upgradeable ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included

Sausehuhn
5th August 2011, 07:29 AM
[…] Basically i wanted to say 60fps looks far more real to me than 30fps, even if I totally agree to the fact 30fps looks fluid. Movies are 24fps, but movies are movies right? […]

There’s a reason why movies look crisp and sharp with only 24fps and games don't: Movies use motion blur for each individual frame. Pause a movie at a high speed scene and you will not see a sharp image. Multiple blured frames together, though, create a fluid transition between the images and thus create a sharp image.

Video games, however, are rendered real-time without motion blur (at least in most cases) and create super-crisp frames. Now if there’s a lot of movement going on with a low framerate, the eye has to fill the gaps between the frames. The images aren’t „connected“ by motion blur so that it does not look fluid. As the frame rate gets higher, there are more images to fill those transition gaps, thus the eye has more information for fast movements and the image becomes more fluid.

It really depends on what game you play: A slow game probably does not need 60fps, whether a fast game needs a lot of frames for smooth animations.

And if you did not understand a word, try wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate#Frame_rates_in_video_games) :)

q_dmc12
5th August 2011, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry but I can't read past your German accent. :P

But in all seriousness it is an interesting topic and Sausehuhn's description makes a lot of sense. :+

leungbok
15th August 2011, 02:09 PM
Demo by Stu Tiley : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8CNIZ20ino

Medusa
15th August 2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks for that link leungbok! That's the first 2048 video I've seen showing internal view racing. :D
(Wow, really flat track. :| )

I found it very interesting that the video starts with him saying "I've worked on rollcage"..."always had the ambition to do a Wipeout"...then the video turns to a flat rolling street for a track, where it looks like you're just a hovering car going along (in this internal view anyway). Just a thought.
Interesting shield icon!

Colonel
16th August 2011, 02:47 PM
The graphics are superb, but as Medusa says, that track seemed incredibly boring. It made Anulpha Pass look impossible actually. I really hope that's the easiest course, and that there are some far more technical ones.

RJ O'Connell
16th August 2011, 03:42 PM
I would wager that it is the first course, so far it's about the only course we've seen in motion.

And they did say it's going to be easier _at the start_ so my guess is there's still going to be a ball-bustingly difficult track or two in there somewhere.

leungbok
16th August 2011, 03:49 PM
Also mates, don't forget the skillcuts, the super-phantom speed and more important, the crazy tricks some will surely find on all tracks. On HD moa therma, anulpha pass, vineta or talon are very boring tracks, but with some crazy boost, it's far more interesting to race ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOMA5E5NEo0

GalacticSpartan
16th August 2011, 09:17 PM
2 new tracks have been identified due to a new video. and another 2 have been identified due to this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvO8T1eG_vU

Empire Climb, Unity Square, Queen's Mall and Sol. Wait, Sol? o3o doesn't that sound familiar?

Wait. On 1:23. Is That Icaras?

That is all.

kaori
16th August 2011, 11:37 PM
It's a Qirex. Sol seems awesome !!!

Challenger #001
16th August 2011, 11:40 PM
Qirex is badass again.

*does a little dance*

leungbok
17th August 2011, 06:50 AM
-10 tracks with different routes on each. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.(debut city ?), empire climb, unity square, queens mall, sol...
- 20 new upgradeable ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included

gameplay on Sol ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEXtdRYKzVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdAbUCkRBt4

GalacticSpartan
17th August 2011, 05:48 PM
I mean besides Qirex. I think that's Auricom, my bad. But Sol looks pretty cool, tricky, and long. I like that.

KGB
17th August 2011, 07:37 PM
Anyone seen this, not sure which thread to put it in

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/17/wipeout-2048-bringing-the-birth-of-anti-grav-racing-to-ps-vita/#comments

kaori
18th August 2011, 04:09 PM
If you pick a shield, it will be automaticaly activated if you take damage.
French text (http://www.gameblog.fr/news_24283_gc-wipeout-2048-on-y-a-joue-sur-ps-vita)

leungbok
26th August 2011, 07:15 AM
unity square ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX-ZHrdLB7E

Hellfire_WZ
26th August 2011, 10:04 AM
Zico's back ;)

PonyBoy1973
26th August 2011, 01:45 PM
Will Pure and Pulse be able to be played on the Vita? does anyone know?

kaori
26th August 2011, 01:54 PM
Will Pure and Pulse be able to be played on the Vita? does anyone know?

It's not the right topic but yes you will be able to enjoy these fabulous game on your PS Vita. If you have UMD's, you may buy them on PlayStation Store.

unity square ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX-ZHrdLB7E

Sideshifts :!
Multi ways :!
And how many speed pads this tracks have ??? Incredible :!

Darkdrium777
27th August 2011, 03:54 PM
Is the rocket weapon useless again?
I noticed it shoots out only one missile.

I mean sure it makes sense considering the timeline, but at that point I'd rather have a useful weapon on speeds higher than vector than something that fits the timeline of the story.

Medusa
27th August 2011, 08:19 PM
AI looks mean! Yesss. Watch out for that pole...:lol

leungbok
15th September 2011, 08:55 AM
-10 tracks with different routes on each, open areas. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.(debut city ?), empire climb, metro park, unity square, queens mall, sol...
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included

Sausehuhn
15th September 2011, 09:44 AM
„Open areas“ should be added to the list. Though they seem to be not as wide as they were in Fusion and it looks like there won’t be any rocks or pillars in your way.

Mad-Ice
15th September 2011, 07:04 PM
But there are some unexpected crossing lantern posts!;)

I have been watching Unity Square some more and it really does appeal to me! This isn't an easy track, especially if you take all the short/skillcuts. I have counted three per lap if I am not mistaken?

leungbok
16th September 2011, 07:01 AM
-10 tracks with different routes on each, open areas. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.(debut city ?), empire climb, metro park, unity square, queens mall, sol...
- 20 new upgradeable ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana. Livery editor.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included
- New Zico's challenge (flash speed)

JABBERJAW
21st September 2011, 07:19 PM
Leungbok, would like to see a little more slowdown from those hard wall hits on that video.

leungbok
21st September 2011, 07:33 PM
Yes, it don't slows the ship that much, maybe it's because of the trial version they have for the convs, the shield also is always full, maybe the wall hits are lessened to allow visitors to have more fun when they try the game !
Lol, i'm always optimist !

kaori
21st September 2011, 07:40 PM
It seems some part of tracks, like the "magstrip" of Empire Climb, haven't wall, but in the demo, the player couldn't fall.
So maybe, in the final game, this "invisible walls" will disappear

leungbok
24th September 2011, 09:00 AM
playlist of gameplay on the 5 already known tracks : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THCp9V8epg&list=PL444F58192B93FFDC&feature=plpp

leungbok
25th October 2011, 05:40 PM
- 20 new upgradeable ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-System, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana. Livery editor.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- 2 sorts of weapon pads : yellow ones for agressive weapons, at least 4 different green items for defense (4 icons seen ATM)mines as defensives weapons.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included

Blaey
30th October 2011, 11:49 PM
I took it upon myself to take all the pictures of the varous ships and compiled them into one big image of all the ships with their respective type and team. http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Blaey/2048_ships-1.png
Full-res is here! http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Blaey/2048_ships.png
enjoy :)

kaori
31st October 2011, 04:07 AM
Great work, interesting pictures. Thanks :D

Darkdrium777
31st October 2011, 04:46 AM
Piranha.

james1976
31st October 2011, 07:57 PM
I was just reading through this thread and members were discussing their controller and buttons breaking. How? I haven't had a controller or handheld break on me yet. :| I'm 35 and have been playing games since the Atari 2600 was new.

But back on topic, I am hoping for a 2048 PS3 version down the road, or at least a DLC that adds the PSVITA stuff to WOHD. The later might be wishful thinking.

kaori
31st October 2011, 11:28 PM
Piranha.

I think it's a developper's choice to call the team Pir-hana. Link 1 (https://www.facebook.com/questions/197022613697019/?qa_ref=pt) Link 2 (https://www.facebook.com/questions/197022613697019/?qa_ref=pt)

Darkdrium777
1st November 2011, 12:09 AM
Ah they've gone back to the typo they made in WO3. Meh :|

Whatever I guess.

JABBERJAW
1st November 2011, 12:22 AM
Agreed, horrible. Don't care if it plays well though.

covelmo9242
4th November 2011, 03:28 PM
Unfortunately, Kanar, apparently most gamers simply can't tell the difference or just don't care and prefer "prettier" games over more playable framerates. Most devs attempt to cater to these people, so we lose out :(

30fps is considered barely playable on PC, but at least on consoles that 30 is locked; on good quality games anyway.

I don't really mind if it is 30fps if you look at the link I posted the game looks rather smooth. It could have been 60pfs though :?

This is the only proper gameplay video I could find.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqkA6vH7xAg

Darkdrium777
4th November 2011, 08:22 PM
I'm fine with 30FPS as long as there are no visual artifacts in the rendered images (tears, etc.) and it's 30FPS always all the time no matter what happens ever.
If you can't guarantee that on your life, I hate it.

covelmo9242
6th November 2011, 01:02 AM
Didn't really get what you mean there Darkdrium777.
BTW, I'm new and this is only my second post, so if I'm not doing something right, go ahead and tell me.

Darkdrium777
6th November 2011, 07:08 PM
In the video you posted, there are some instances where there is stuttering and/or frame tears.
I don't want a game that runs at 30FPS with those visual defects remaining. To me that is unacceptable on a console platform with fixed hardware specifications. Programmers unable to program for ONE device should not be rewarded when they are lazy/incompetent. I hate trash console ports and I hope you do too.

I know these could be due to the recording set up, and I hope that's the case for WipEout 2048.

I'd now like to focus on something more positive than my opinion of most of the multiplatform games that exist today.

covelmo9242
6th November 2011, 10:07 PM
Eh, don't bother me none. Look at a video like this and you don't see really any tearing and it's not jittery :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IidupegU3c

amplificated
7th November 2011, 12:35 AM
Whenever there's an explosion there's significant slowdown... look at about 1:10-1:20

Granpire Viking Man
7th November 2011, 09:52 PM
I notice the slowdown, but I doubt that will be there in the final build of the game.

Hopefully not, at least.

leungbok
8th December 2011, 07:29 AM
I've just updated my 2048's playlist with 2 new tracks (3 more to have it complete) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THCp9V8epg&list=PL444F58192B93FFDC&feature=plpp_play_all

-10 tracks with different routes on each, open areas. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.(debut city ?), empire climb, metro park, unity square, queens mall, sol, capital reach, rockway stadium...
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Super Phantom's speed class makes his entry on the franchise on classic modes. Class C = flash, class B = rapier, class A = phantom, class A+ = super phantom
- 2 sorts of weapon pads : yellow ones for agressive weapons, at least 4 different green items for defense (4 icons seen ATM)mines as defensives weapons.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included

Blaey
8th December 2011, 10:30 PM
Here's an updated version of the ship database featuring every ship and their appropriate type.
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Blaey/2048_ships2_640x360.png
Some of them may be wrong (most noteably auricom because there wasnt any information regarding them ) but everything else should be correct.
Link to HD version is here (http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/Blaey/2048_ships2.png)

hope you enjoy :)

Temet
9th December 2011, 07:10 AM
The ships are really nice ! :)

Divykecks
11th December 2011, 02:04 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but two sites say the PS3 version is £40 and available to pre-order for the 9th March '12 :)

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/ps3/wipeout-2048/10480770.html

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/wipeout-2048/10480770.html

fingers crossed for 60fps 720p 3D :rock

stin
11th December 2011, 07:26 AM
For PS3!!!!!, I hope that is true, then I will buy it!:D

stevie:nod:+

Killercrusher232
11th December 2011, 05:34 PM
Motorstorm RC + WipEout 2048 = Winning combo! :g

kaori
13th December 2011, 07:02 PM
All the gadgets of WipEout 2048 are in this video (http://youtu.be/8CNqQiKGd_o?hd=1).

IndoorSnowStorm
19th December 2011, 11:51 PM
Ugh does anyone else find the announcer's voice annoying this time around? To me it sounds too monotone and very heavy-sounding (if that makes sense). It just doesn't feel like it fits into the game very well.

leungbok
20th December 2011, 06:48 AM
I think it's the advert's voice, not the in-game voice ! ;)
We'll see !

MiguelSkywalker
21st December 2011, 11:35 AM

-Livery Editor? Do we have a confirmation on that one? :hyper

kaori
21st December 2011, 02:37 PM
Heard from a dev I think.

leungbok
21st December 2011, 04:46 PM
Yes, on one of the multiple interviews of Stuart Tilley, Daimon Pinnock, or Graeme Ankers since E3. But not been confirmed yet. Fingers crossed ! ;)

MiguelSkywalker
21st December 2011, 05:23 PM
That would be awesome! I'm eager to get my hand on the skins already!

leungbok
25th December 2011, 09:56 AM
latest interview : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCrNSMAft5w

Aka-sho
29th December 2011, 03:02 AM
WipEout 2048 free demo release at JP PSN Store on January 17 2012.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/2048/index.html

Music
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/2048/bgm.html

Course
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/2048/course.html

We love WipEout ! 8)

multibodydynamics
29th December 2011, 10:16 AM
The Prodigy! :hyper

kaori
29th December 2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks Aka-sho.

Blaey
29th December 2011, 03:11 PM
good find Aka!

some of these sound good but there's also some worrying music on the tracklist mainly the more dubstep tracks that we saw in fury... just had a listen to rockwell and that track sounds perfect for wipeout!

gmrtom7
30th December 2011, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about a few things on there, but I like how SL is focusing on a slightly more-grounded sound for this one, what with the near-present-day setting and all.

anderkovver
2nd January 2012, 01:42 AM
10 new tracks or will there be 5 new tracks and reversed make 10 ...anybody knows?

amplificated
2nd January 2012, 06:41 AM
I think it's 10 new tracks, not just 5 and their reverse variants. There are 5 tracks listed on the WO2048 site (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/wipeout/2048/course.html), but we've heard of Rockway Stadium (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8491) and that the final campaign course will be one of the tracks in the original WipEout, so yeah I think it's a good bet that there are 10 new tracks.

leungbok
2nd January 2012, 07:11 AM
there's already 7 tracks on that playlist and it's not reverse versions ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THCp9V8epg&list=PL444F58192B93FFDC&feature=plpp_play_all

MrSmadSmartAlex
2nd January 2012, 11:25 AM
Are there going to be reverse versions at all?

amplificated
2nd January 2012, 12:06 PM
That's a better question ;p

Based on all the recent games in the series you'd assume it's a safe bet that they'll be present; but I haven't heard any comments specifically mention reverse tracks being in the game yet, IIRC.

G'Kyl
4th January 2012, 06:41 AM
Altima VII, yep. And if I recall correctly there will be no reverse tracks for the time being.

Colonel
4th January 2012, 07:10 AM
I hope you're wrong there G'Kyl, HD would be a far inferior game if it only had the forward tracks. I would have though including Reverses is a cheap and easy way to double the number of tracks as well.

Temet
4th January 2012, 07:48 AM
I hope he's right!
And exactly for the reason you specified :

Reverses is a cheap and easy way to double the number of tracks as well.

Colonel
4th January 2012, 09:44 AM
I don't see that as a bad thing though, the Reverse of any given track is a completely different course with different nuances and techniques to learn. I think they should be an automatic inclusion in any racing game.

amplificated
4th January 2012, 10:44 AM
I don't see that as a bad thing though, the Reverse of any given track is a completely different course with different nuances and techniques to learn. I think they should be an automatic inclusion in any racing game.

Reverse tracks require some work, particularly in Wipeout (changing jumps, etc.) but that work is still usually minimal compared to, say, developing a zombie game mode.

But yeah I absolutely agree: all racing games should generally include reverse versions of the tracks.

kaori
4th January 2012, 04:54 PM
It depends of tracks, Metropia White and Metropia Black are very differents, Outpost 7 White and Black are both scary, but for Talon's Junction or Moa Therma, just one version would be good enough. :rolleyes:

Maybe an other DLC (free of course).
WipEout HD would be released with 8 tracks in forward, no reverse. But there was delay with epileptic issues (it seemed two flying cats had become crazy testing the first Zone Mode !), so they decided to add the reverse versions of the 8 original tracks (so the famous Metropia Black Reverse different of Metropia White).

But none of them were included in the campaign, it's a shame. I have long hoped a free DLC with a scond campaign for reverse tracks, but no, it sucks, it could be a nice gift for players, without big effort.

Xavier
6th January 2012, 02:53 PM
If they have to include reverse tracks, I hope that they make it easier to distinguish "white" from "black" by having one of them in the daytime and one at night, or having them in different seasons, or some other way to make them visually distinct.

I found myself ignoring almost all the reverse tracks in the games that have them because it was very disorienting seeing the same backgrounds but with all the turns the wrong way 'round. A day/night system would solve this very nicely.

kaori
8th January 2012, 07:13 PM
New interview :

- DLC(s) will be available.
- the fastest WipEout ! (me : "Faster than WipEout Fusion ?")
- skillcuts are like tracks within tracks :hyper

Link : thegamingliberty.com (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/01/07/tgl-interview-studio-liverpools-karl-jones-talks-wipeout-2048/)

leungbok
8th January 2012, 07:19 PM
All good news :)

kaori
8th January 2012, 09:30 PM
- 10 tracks with different routes on each, open areas. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.(debut city ?), Empire Climb, Metro Park, Unity Square, Queens Mall, Sol, Capital Reach, Rockway Stadium...
- 20 new upgradeable ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-Systems, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana. Livery editor.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Super Phantom's speed class makes his entry on the franchise on classic modes. Class C = flash, class B = rapier, class A = phantom, class A+ = super phantom
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included
- DLC planned

fdmstryct
8th January 2012, 09:56 PM
Jesus! Can't ****in' wait!

gmrtom7
8th January 2012, 11:15 PM
Hopefully, seeing as the game officially launches in Japan in two weeks, we'll be able to fill in some of the holes we have in what we know about the game pretty soon. I, for one, am really excited to see the full ship roster.:hyper

Xavier
9th January 2012, 11:50 AM
Livery editor.

Can't wait for this! I've always thought online racing would be infinitely more rewarding and fun if you could customize the look of your ship.

(I've also thought that the venue and its background stuff like signs and scoreboards should also incorporate the names of the users on the course; that would be even better; you'd *really* feel like you were in the action!)

Blaey
11th January 2012, 04:13 PM
wipeout 2048 review score from famitsu (japanese magazine) http://gamingeverything.com/13736/famitsu-review-scores-11012/

solid 8 all round (or 31/40)... dunno how famitsu has scored previous wipeout games though...

EDIT: looks like famitsu (or japan in general) doesnt have a big wipeout following... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458484

MiguelSkywalker
12th January 2012, 07:38 AM
Can't wait for this!

Neither do I :hyper

leungbok
13th January 2012, 08:44 AM
- 10 tracks with different routes on each, open areas. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel.(debut city ?), Empire Climb, Metro Park, Unity Square, Queens Mall, Sol, Capital Reach, Rockway Stadium, Downtown, Altima...
- 20 new upgradeable ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-Systems, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana. Livery editor.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Motion control, voice's activation for weapons, thrust can also be controled with the rear touch pad.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included
- Fastest lap challenge, you can use the near fonction to challenge a neighbour for a speed lap event, the ghost is shared
- DLC planned
- A list of 30 trophies included

leungbok
19th January 2012, 06:09 PM
- 10 tracks with different routes on each, open areas. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel, Empire Climb, Metro Park, Unity Square, Queens Mall, Sol, Capital Reach, Rockway Stadium, Downtown, subway, Altima...
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Motion control, voice's activation for weapons, thrust can also be controled with the rear touch pad.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima VII included
- Fastest lap challenge, you can use the near fonction to challenge a neighbour for a speed lap event, the ghost is shared
- DLC planned

Temet
19th January 2012, 07:14 PM
Maybe "debut city" was a misunderstanding, or that's 11 tracks ;)

leungbok
19th January 2012, 08:07 PM
Maybe "debut city" was a misunderstanding
Fixed ! ;)

DarkRacer95
20th January 2012, 03:26 PM
I dont know if anyone has posted this but Subway is another track

amplificated
21st January 2012, 03:46 PM
There are no turbos in SL or TT, a shame IMO although I understand why to an extent.

MrSmadSmartAlex
21st January 2012, 04:19 PM
No turbos in SL/TT?! Seems like they're really determined to ruin the game for people who don't want to play random weapons spam. In that case, I'm straight back to my "I'm not buying this game." stance. :lol

amplificated
25th January 2012, 10:52 AM
Custom soundtracks work by using the music app in the background while you play. It's slightly less integrated a game experience, but offers more functionality and does the job.

Sausehuhn
26th January 2012, 09:51 AM
there is no livery editor in the game to modify the look of the ship. However each team has 4 different ships that look completely different.

So you can delete that …

leungbok
26th January 2012, 10:37 AM
- 10 tracks with different routes on each, open areas. Those different routes or "skillcuts" are shorter than the main route but more difficult to travel, Empire Climb, Metro Park, Unity Square, Queens Mall, Sol, Capital Reach, Rockway Stadium, Downtown, subway, Altima...
- 20 new upgradeable ships - One prototype with unique feature among 4 ships for each 5 teams : Feisar, AG-Systems, Qirex, Auricom, Pir-Hana.
- chrome skin.
- sideshifts on
- BRs on
- Pilot assist on : a "normal" one and an "extreme" one (improved for lesser pinball effect)
- 2 sorts of weapon pads : yellow ones for agressive weapons, green items for defense mines & bombs as defensives weapons.
- Crossplay with WipeoutHD users on PS3 on 4 HD tracks.
- Runs at 30 fps
- Altima included
- DLC planned

lanceurdehache
26th January 2012, 03:32 PM
you could also add that 3 of the 4 map playable on cross play are Anualpha Pass, Vineta K and Chengou Project

(first post 8))

kaori
26th January 2012, 05:37 PM
Welcome ! If am hit by an ax, it will be you ;)

leungbok
31st January 2012, 09:29 PM
ships stats : speed handling health firepower

feisar speed : 8 7 4 6
feisar fighter : 5 6 8 8
feisar agility : 5 9 6 7

ag-systems speed : 7 8 3 6
ag-systems fighter : 6 6 7 7
ag-systems agility : 5 10 5 6

qirex speed : 9 6 5 8
qirex fighter : 6 5 9 10
qirex agility : 5 7 8 9

auricom speed : not unlocked yet
auricom fighter : not unlocked yet
auricom agility : 6 7 7 8

pir-hana speed : 10 4 4 7
pir-hana fighter : 7 3 9 9
pir-hana agility : 7 7 4 8

Prototype ships don't show their stats, but maybe it's the same as the type they're associated.
feisar prototype : speed
ag-systems prototype : agility
qirex prototype : fighter
auricom prototype : fighter
pir-hana prototype : speed

lanceurdehache
31st January 2012, 11:34 PM
thank you :clap

love9sick
1st February 2012, 12:21 AM
There is no Asegi? my brother will be disappointed.

Temet
1st February 2012, 07:02 AM
Why? "Asegi" never existed in any Wipeout :naughty

Asayyeah
1st February 2012, 11:56 AM
:g dear Temet :g
Love9sick meant 'Assegai'

To Rapier Racer : Pardon SL m8, they don't know what they're missing :g

Temet
1st February 2012, 12:20 PM
I know, it just breaks my heart/eyes to see the name of a Wipeout Team written like this.

Hellfire_WZ
1st February 2012, 04:46 PM
There is no Asegi? my brother will be disappointed.

Assegai were not founded until 2113

love9sick
1st February 2012, 05:10 PM
Piranha wasn't around either.

Darkdrium777
1st February 2012, 05:18 PM
Let's all go back to four indestructible ships, less weapons, less speed classes, less game modes, less detailed graphics, all because this is supposed to be a prequel.

love9sick
1st February 2012, 05:25 PM
Let's all go back to four indestructible ships, less weapons, less speed classes, less game modes, less detailed graphics, all because this is supposed to be a prequel.

Exactly, bring back Assegai .

Hellfire_WZ
1st February 2012, 05:28 PM
Piranha wasn't around either.

Yes they were. They were a parts supplier during the F3600 to AG Systems and Auricom. Assegai didn't exist at all.

love9sick
1st February 2012, 05:32 PM
Yes they were. They were a parts supplier during the F3600 to AG Systems and Auricom. Assegai didn't exist at all.

They were a parts supplier? lol what? was there a wipeout Hollywood picture movie I missed or something?

Hellfire_WZ
1st February 2012, 05:33 PM
Read the original Wipeout manual

love9sick
1st February 2012, 05:35 PM
Read the original Wipeout manual

So Assegai was out during wipeout 1 because the entire team had pneumonia. There, Assegai can now join. It makes even less sense to have all these different variations of ships in one team and then remove them later. Like the technology got worse over time. None of it makes sense, a prequel is a bad idea for a futuristic racer in the first place. I didn't even know the game had a story and I am a huge fan of wipeout since the first one.

lanceurdehache
1st February 2012, 06:42 PM
i don't get it, with 20 ship (15 without the prototype) there a lot of ship you can choose from, probably one with stats similar to Assegai, the only argument you could say is that there is no ship with the aesthetic similar to Assegai but there isnt one for Qirex too, i prefer by far the one in WipEout HD than the one from Wipeout Fury because it was the closest thing in WipEout that look like a Muscle Car and i prefer Muscle Car to exotic car, i think the new Qirex look awesome when your watching from the front (they did an awesome job trying to replicate the dual hull look without being one) but from behind it is ugly (and your mostly watching the ship from this angle)

The only thing they have to explain is why Pir-hanna is there in the season 2048-2050 and not in 2052

Darkdrium777
1st February 2012, 07:26 PM
None of it makes senseYou act like it has not happened before. Auricom, Icaras, Harimau and Mirage are absent from WipEout Pulse, set a mere two years after WipEout HD Fury in the timeline, unless you happened to live in Europe in which case you could buy them all for like 20$.
The explanation is that they were late to enter the competition. If you understand Portuguese, be my guest. (http://web.archive.org/web/20101202165158/http://wipeout-game.com/html/content/Teams) This website no longer exists but it was where among other things the WipEout Pulse leaderboards were located so it's official. Infoxicated (the admin of Wipeoutzone) worked on it and will confirm it if you ask him.

You can apply the same "explanation" to Piranha not being in the first game as competitors if you prefer. As for Assegai, Goteki-45, EG-X, Tigron, Van-Uber, Harimau, Mirage, Icaras, Triakis not being in WipEout 2048, the timeline explains that the teams did not exist. It would be an even bigger paradox to have them in.

love9sick
1st February 2012, 07:38 PM
You act like it has not happened before.

On the contrary, I'm not saying the game has been accurate all along or that it hasn't happened before. In-fact I am arguing for it that if it has why bother now? Just give us more ships. Specially the popular ones now. It isn't even about the stats as obviously there is a lot of different handling and performance ships to choose from, just the looks and names. Me and my brother have a AG-systems vs Assegai rival thing going. Kind of a bummer. In wipeout 2048 I win by default, sweet. :). I'm obviously debating this in vain, they aren't going to add anything for launch as the game is done already. I was just saying.

Amon
2nd February 2012, 12:38 PM
Hi all, long time no see :D

I'm going to get a Vita mostly for Wipeout when both will be available in europe.

I have some question to ask to the ones who already own them both, if possible.

If i'm going to buy the game from the store i'll need a memory card of course ... does somebody knows how big is the game once installed ?

If im going to buy the game in in store, will everything be saved on the game card itself , or i'm going to need a memory card too ?

Thanks !

anderkovver
2nd February 2012, 04:05 PM
you gonna need a memory card and the game is 1.7 gb thats what i heard i have the game not only 22 feb

amplificated
2nd February 2012, 05:19 PM
Smallest mem. card size is 4GB which should be more than enough for 2048 and any of its DLC should that come out, but you could only store maybe one more full size game on the card at most I think. I only got the 4GB card.

lanceurdehache
2nd February 2012, 05:42 PM
i dont know if smaller memory card should also be faster if the read/write speed is the same like an HDD someone can confirm or deny ?

in reality the PSVita cost 350... 250 for the console + 100 for the 32gb (go for french) and you ll be able to play WipEout 1/Pure/Pulse/2048 on it

Asayyeah
2nd February 2012, 07:58 PM
talking about the 1st, Pure & Pulse on a vita, if we already got a digital copy would it work without paying again, and for those who own pure & pulse umd , no way to transfer them in a way?

leungbok
2nd February 2012, 08:01 PM
Maybe if you use your ps3 as intermediary ! ;)

Asayyeah
2nd February 2012, 08:04 PM
hmmm I ll connect to WA chatbox, I hope i will better understand you my fellow citizen :P

blackwiggle
2nd February 2012, 09:21 PM
Here's a list of PSP titles that can be transferred to the VITA via a UMD Passport.
http://search.jp.playstation.com/search?query=&site=FIZ02WOB&detail=1&count=100&sort_date=1&charset=utf-8&umdpass=1&group=1&design=2&start=200

I see Wipeout PURE on the list page 3 half way down list], but no PULSE.

lanceurdehache
2nd February 2012, 09:49 PM
did Pulse was avaible in Japan ?

I m waiting for more detail on the UMD passport for NA, i hope it will work well

amplificated
2nd February 2012, 10:04 PM
talking about the 1st, Pure & Pulse on a vita, if we already got a digital copy would it work without paying again, and for those who own pure & pulse umd , no way to transfer them in a way?

If you bought the digital copy via the PSN, you should be able to download at least Pure right away if you're using the account you bought it with, as with your saved content via the content manager.

love9sick
2nd February 2012, 10:09 PM
It is flash memory so size does not effect load times. 4gb will be sufficient as the game is about 1.6gigs according to people around places who own it already. Though I recommend going high mem if you plan on get more games and shopping more digitally. I'm getting 2048 on a stick in a store so I'm getting a 4gb stick so far. Can't wait.

blackwiggle
3rd February 2012, 09:43 AM
I just wonder if those in the USA will finally be able to get the 4 DLC packs that they previously haven't been able to for PULSE?

Asayyeah
3rd February 2012, 11:29 AM
Thx Blackwiggle & Amplificated for clarifications, much appreciated :nod

Amon
4th February 2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks to all :rock

lanceurdehache
14th February 2012, 09:15 PM
i dont know if this is the good thread but does the patch 1.01 improve the loading time like they say ?

anderkovver
15th February 2012, 12:28 AM
Yes the long loading times are history... In Europe 22 Feb we get the patch

lanceurdehache
15th February 2012, 03:18 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/14/playstation-store-update-226/

The game is out on the PS Store for 35.99 $ but you need to use the search tool to find the game at this time (thanks to zachg07 in the comments for the trick)

1635 mb of data

morfeo378
15th February 2012, 12:43 PM
i dont know if this is the good thread but does the patch 1.01 improve the loading time like they say ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsM23i1bCoY

Temet
15th February 2012, 12:47 PM
Saw it yesterday, but not a good example : zone mode = no AI to load ;)

morfeo378
15th February 2012, 12:53 PM
Saw it yesterday, but not a good example : zone mode = no AI to load ;)

is true, now watch the video of last November and takes the same time, I think the other video is fake: (

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN2hkPZahwg

Hellfire_WZ
15th February 2012, 01:12 PM
From what I'm hearing as well, the Altima Combat event has had its Elite Pass requirement dropped from 100 to 60

leungbok
15th February 2012, 02:03 PM
Yes !
Next step : super-phantom less fast ? :rolleyes:

Temet
15th February 2012, 02:33 PM
@Morfeo : 20 seconds for both vids. Maybe the improvement is when the AI is in the race. We'll see ;)

@Hellfire : that's so stupid from SL, I like when I have to struggle on some events. I was about to stop playing "Rage" after 3 hours in normal difficulty but I love it now I restarted on nightmare ;)

amplificated
15th February 2012, 03:29 PM
That video means nothing; while it doesn't behave like it, it could very well be a video of an event restart.

Even though I have the Japanese version of the game and connect to the Japanese PSN, I haven't been prompted to download any update yet -_-

And without that stupid combat event, I don't think there's anything close to a "badge of honour"-type accomplishment in the game; even if that particular event happened to be completely random. The racing side of the game relies on Speed Lap and human competition to remain interesting, and there are a lot of good times being posted... But there really isn't any event in the game that demands much from a racing perspective, unfortunately - for example, did I mention I beat Zico on my first lap? ;P (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8632).

leungbok
15th February 2012, 04:31 PM
To elite pass all A+ challenges demands a bit more than the main campaign events ;)
But maybe a patch will slowdown the AI when too much people will complain about it on internet :rolleyes:

kaori
15th February 2012, 04:48 PM
It's possible, remember this post (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97216&postcount=48) of Colin Berry. 10 hardcore fans have less weight than 100 casual players. In WipEout HD, the target in speed lap, time trial and zone had been decreased after an update. (9 different targets in beginner, normal and elite difficulty, each with gold silver bronze medals)

It's why I decided to explain to the french casual why we need custom controls, racebox and better online features. I hope they'll click on the facebook, twitter and youtube links I've given to ask this features.

I don't know which english or american websites are very popular.
If you know, do that, explain to the casual (casual not in a pejorative way) players these lost features, and what they can add to the game and his time life.

lanceurdehache
15th February 2012, 05:20 PM
http://youtu.be/aOqsI7vjNeQ

i found this nice video on crossplay (seems kaori found it before me, i saw him in the comments ;))

the 4 track are Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma and Chenghou Project

you can only take the HD model (not the Fury one) of the 5 team in WipEout 2048

and the WipEout HD/Fury player have to wait approximately 15 second after their own loading for the PSVita player

Temet
15th February 2012, 09:59 PM
This definitely is a proof a concept, nothing more.

leungbok
15th February 2012, 10:37 PM
anulpha pass was shown at the very first trailer. Imo the first 4 tracks are playable : Vineta k, anulpha pass, moa therma, chengou project.
8) !!

kaori
16th February 2012, 02:42 PM
I was sure that Sol 2 will be available on CrossPlay... and I was right :rock

All WipEout HD and Fury will be available in WipEout 2048 like a DLC, free if you already have WipEout HD or Fury addon in your PS3.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/16/try-ps-vitaps3-cross-play-content-for-one-price/

Darkdrium777
16th February 2012, 03:14 PM
Finally some good news.
The only thing I'm worried about though is that my WipEout HD Fury is not purchased on my Darkdrium777 account, and the Vita has only one account :blarg I regret that decision of making separate accounts more and more.

Temet
16th February 2012, 03:30 PM
I have them on bluray :|
Well, I care very few about cross play ... so not a big deal.

lanceurdehache
16th February 2012, 03:34 PM
Thats a strange quote because it could mean you get the single player portion too, seems like it miss some words in that sentence...

Edit : in the comment the manager write
To clairfy, WipeOut HD & Fury are coming to PS VITA as DLC for WipeOut 2048. So you will need 2048 to play these tracks. Hope this is clear.

wich is still not clear but suggest that it will not have the single player portion

kaori
16th February 2012, 04:50 PM
This article only talks about Cross-Play, so we have zero news about the solo part of the game on PS Vita.

chalovak
17th February 2012, 07:01 AM
This article only talks about Cross-Play, so we have zero news about the solo part of the game on PS Vita.

According to the answer by Chris Weatherhead, some Sony representative, we only get HD/Fury tracks to race on and that's it. No HD/Fury single campaign, modes or whatever.

if you buy Wipeout 2048 on PS VITA then you will be able to download and play the HD and Fury tracks on your PS VITA with no additional charge. Happy racing

Temet
17th February 2012, 07:18 AM
Ok ok, but we must not forget the MAIN topic.
I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) don't give a sh*t about playing HD on my PSVita! I have it 1080p@60fps on my PS3, I've played it since 2 years... yeehaaa.

I (and I'm still sure I'm not the only one) want some really basic features, available in Wipeout 1, 2097, 3, Fusion (?), Pure, Pulse and HD :
- the ability to select classes and tracks
- configure the damn controls

We have to focus on that, say it again and again, break Sony Liverpool's balls! I have a dream : making them having nightmares since they don't provide these basic features! :twisted

leungbok
17th February 2012, 07:26 AM
Playing HD/fury on psvita is a "gadget" IMO.
I played HD on ps3 yesterday to help for a bling brigade, after one month of discovering 2048. I felt that my ship was on a rail and phantom is really, really slow. I'll download the hd/fury update when it'll be released (probably for free as i own the game on my ps3 ;)) but not sure i'll use it much !

love9sick
17th February 2012, 04:21 PM
Does anyone know if the pilot assist really helps with the time and breaks the competition of speed laps or not?