PDA

View Full Version : Did they slow down the ships' speeds after PSN outage?

siriusglee
11th June 2011, 01:09 AM
Very worried here as a lot of my course times seem to be way behind records I have set prior to the outage. Not sure if something has happened -- some changes made, or something -- while I had been off Wipeout (my ps3 ylod'd sometime early during the outage, and I wasn't able to access the store to get the game on my replacement ps3).

I'm finding myself 20/30 seconds slower than my previous records, even when racing with new players, and am very concerned.

;o)

blackwiggle
11th June 2011, 04:21 AM
I must admit I have been online in supposedly Phantom races and they have felt like they were in between Flash & rapier speeds.
It's happened more than just a few times, it might be server load related.

I'm certain the game loads the wrong speed settings, it does it with craft handling occasionally, I'll be racing with AG-S but the craft will be handling exactly like Icuras or even Triakis, which is a real shock when you go for the first turn.

leungbok
11th June 2011, 05:45 AM
I didn't notice anything from this side of the planet ! :eek
Only a bit more disconnections and some tiny freezes.

siriusglee
11th June 2011, 07:10 AM
I'd appreciate it if at least 3 other people from other regions could verify that it hasn't been slowed down.

JFthebestJan
11th June 2011, 10:15 AM
everything as usual over here, was able to set some new PB in different modes & classes, offline & online

slow-train
11th June 2011, 10:21 AM
no difference here in rainy scotland either:nod

KGB
11th June 2011, 10:38 AM
I must say that I was playing last night and I thought I was playing in a rapier race, when we got back to the menu screen it was phantom, the time was about right for phantom but it felt very slow to me.

Amorbis
11th June 2011, 12:51 PM
None of the game modes feel slower for me. I've been getting what I would expect for a time on online racing, getting reasonably close to some of my best online race times. I've even beaten my speed lap record on Sol 2 Reverse by half a second.

I doubt that they would change the speed of the ships, if they did then all of the current records would be pointless. I'm a bit rusty after not playing too much this year, I'm sure practice will help get some seconds back.

blackwiggle
11th June 2011, 01:37 PM
I think what I posted before has been misunderstood.

I certainly don't think SL have slowed the game down on purpose.

I was just reporting situations where I have joined in online races in the lobby that was supposedly Phantom speed, but due to some server game settings/loading stuff up, loaded as a slower speed class, and/or a different craft handling.

Aeralys
11th June 2011, 02:50 PM
Can't say the speeds feel any different overall to me. Phantom feels faster then normal after playing slow speeds like Flash and vice versa, but thats probably my perception having to deal with the speed changing from one race to another.

siriusglee
12th June 2011, 06:44 AM
Very well then. Thanks for confirming, folks. Was going a little nuts. And Blackwiggle, your point was not misunderstood.

As I race more, I find the game is getting back to normal pace. ;)