PDA

View Full Version : A message for new WipEoutZone members

infoxicated
6th June 2011, 11:03 PM
Looks like some of you are in too much of a hurry to read the rules, primarily:

Quote only that part of a post that you are replying to. If you reply to the post that is just ahead of your reply, do not quote at all, unless the replied-to post is very large, and you are commenting only on a small part of it, and you need to quote in order to make clear what you are commenting on. The purpose of these quotation rules is to avoid confusing clutter on the page so that it can be more quickly and easily read.

I've already edited several posts this evening. These were your freebies. From now on there will be infractions handed out.

Thanks in advance for keeping the forum as tidy as it was when you found it. :+

Darkdrium777
6th June 2011, 11:52 PM
Ha that's true, but you know maybe you should sticky this cause I think it will get lost under the mountain of potential new threads :g

Chet_BG
7th June 2011, 07:55 AM
Or we can just spam it, so it always stays on top xD

infoxicated
7th June 2011, 09:08 AM
The forum rules are always at the top, but they seem to go unnoticed by new members.

Hopefully they'll read this thread... people seem to get awfully offended when they get an infraction, despite being the one who broke the rules in the first place.

Colonel
7th June 2011, 09:41 AM
Ha, I remember feeling very indignant getting an "Unnecessary Quotation" warning from Saturn when I first arrived here. But the rules do keep the forum in order, it would be a nightmare trawling through a 20 page thread of double posts, quotes and off-topic ramblings otherwise.

Chet_BG
7th June 2011, 09:49 AM
Absolutely the same with me. In my first post here I quoted the post above and got a warning from Saturn xD
But these are the rules and they are here for a reason.
BTW, good game last night ;)

infoxicated
9th June 2011, 09:22 AM
With another clutch of new registrations overnight, I think it's time to bump this again.

Quote only that part of a post that you are replying to. If you reply to the post that is just ahead of your reply, do not quote at all, unless the replied-to post is very large, and you are commenting only on a small part of it, and you need to quote in order to make clear what you are commenting on. The purpose of these quotation rules is to avoid confusing clutter on the page so that it can be more quickly and easily read.

Oryx Crake
13th June 2011, 06:29 PM
I think this little piece of absolute brilliance belongs here too!

Hellfire has made an absolutely great beginners tutorial for all you new players out there. I strongly urge you to watch it from start to finish as it will really give you a very good idea of how to get started.

Hellfire's beginners guide to WipEout HD Fury (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxzYkTralIA) an absolute must see for all you new members! (I in fact urge everyone to watch it, you wont regret it.)

infoxicated
26th June 2011, 04:37 PM
I'm bumping this again because there are new folk ignoring the rules here.

Scroll to the top. Read. Understand. Avoid getting infractions. Everybody wins. :+

Colonel
26th June 2011, 04:55 PM
Sorry, I just had to :lol

yusik
1st July 2011, 06:34 PM
Haha I remember my first post here, broke 4 rules and Saturn was not happy.. ;) I like the rules that force decluttering, makes it easier for everyone

Thanks @Oryx Crake for that link, I think that'll help me a lot

Rapidkirby3k
2nd July 2011, 10:05 AM
Since I am one of the fairly new members at WipeoutZone, I'll try my best to remember to use the quote button when necessary from now on. 8)