PDA

View Full Version : People looking forward to Wipeout 2048

Slacker
3rd June 2011, 08:30 PM
There is so much negativity going on in the Wipeout 2048 thread. You guys remember, don't you? Not more than two months ago we had no reason to believe that there was even going to be another Wipeout - with all the cutbacks at SL, how could it happen?

I'm insanely excited about the new Wipeout and I want to share this excitement with the lot of you, the biggest Wipeout fan community around. This is wicked awesome. But I can't say anything, because any post would get buried under a mountain of flames made by a bunch of wipeout purists who just flat out hate the game. Just hate it. Gonna shoot it with their Desert Eagle the minute they buy it.

Will someone please explain to me how you can judge a game that isn't even out yet? Seriously, you guys are going ballistic over screenshots and mere seconds of video from a something that's not even finished yet.

So anyway, this is space for people to share what they're looking forward the most about the new Wipeout: For me, actually, it's the wider tracks. Not for the battle aspect but the speed aspect of it - more space, less collisions, more flying. 8) And with more space, more contenders can duke it out on the track, maybe we'll see a return to the 12 and 15 grid competions of yesteryear? I certainly hope so. Other things I'm hyped up about:

Return of the orignal craft shapes.
Return of the marked weapon pads in Wip3out.
Glass track bits looked amazing!
ALTIMA VII!!!

That's all I can think of ATM, what do you guys have to say?

Rotational_aspect
3rd June 2011, 09:14 PM
OK, here is my problem broken down:

WO is a game that relies on style as well as being a hard core racer. The style element has been lacking since Pulse and its never got out of the rut its in now. The released screen-shots make it look like a generic Burnout clone- one screenshot had cars, a bus and a glass racetrack. This is just an illogical mix from a concept standpoint for an antigrav racer set 30 years from now.

Why not indulge with some atmospheric 2097 style settings? Or look at films like Minority Report for inspiration? I cant judge how it will play (god forbid if its like Fury)- I want a game thats about racing (not combat), and has a cutting edge graphic design- essentially Wipeout.

I will still buy the new game,only because I dearly love Wipeout- but I hate seeing the potential wasted by developers who are obsessed with EA style racing games.

mdhay
3rd June 2011, 11:17 PM
Everything. :D

Despite my skepticism displayed in the other thread, I would still pay good money for the PS3 version. NGP version is a no-no.

WolfKill01
3rd June 2011, 11:45 PM
The only thing worse than negativity towards a game we know very little about, is negativity towards those being negative to begin with. I read through all those pages and no where did I see people cutting the game to bite size pieces. The only thing I saw was a bunch of excited fans expressing their opinions and concerns towards an unfinished project. A project, mind you, that might actually be using this board as a reference to see what the fans want and read their opinions about the game thus far.

That aside, I'm very excited about this new installment. While I will admit I'm a little unsure about the drastic changes they're applying (large courses, more ships) and some minor little fanboy issues (how can the game take place at the beginning of the FX series if it takes place in 2048? That just leads me to beleive that the developers don't much care for the lore of the series) there are several things I'm super stoked about. Handling, multiplayer, new/retro ship designs. But it's too early to really say anything about the game. I'll wait before expressing my true opinion. I just pray that it doesn't turn into a glorified tech demo of the NGP and NGP/PS3 connectivity.

leungbok
4th June 2011, 12:09 AM
As i already said on the other thread, widest tracks is not sure to be the caracteristics of this new game. I do believe it's only one track shown on the pictures and short video, and maybe it's the widest like anulpha or moa therma are for HD & pulse.
Maybe some outpost or citta nuova's like will be shown soon ;)

Slacker
4th June 2011, 01:07 AM
"I read through all those pages and no where did I see people cutting the game to bite size pieces."

Really?

sorry, but calling the game 2048 and then using a design and art direction similar to HD/Fury just killed it on the spot for me. I don't need another HD addon.

there's nothing to discuss, game's 100% ****, Studio Liverpool are a bunch of talentless hacks. nostalgia goggles have spoken.

I'm done with it before it even comes out. Nothing looks more wanky than a lap of barrel roll chaining - it's not a racing game any more, it's a weapon bloated gimmick festival.
Fact of the matter is, I got a replacement PS3 in March and haven't even re-downloaded WipEout HD yet, so I guess I was finished with WipEout as a franchise long ago. The barrel rolls killed it for me and it's never coming back.

That's the point of this thread: no flaming, no trolling, no 'this is going to suck eggs' talk about WO2048. I know that the day we all agree on something is the day the world ends, we're an opinonated bunch, but let's keep it healthy and not ruin it for each other. :D

@mdhay Agreed. Can't wait for this game to come out, but it better come out on the PS3.

eLhabib
4th June 2011, 01:30 AM
I don't know why some people consider criticism to be flaming...

Darkdrium777
4th June 2011, 01:31 AM
widest tracks is not sure to be the caracteristics of this new game.Unless there are missing nuances to the statement, it's pretty much confirmed that the tracks will be wider in this new game.
That's my only concern with this game though.

I'm very much looking forward to what they are doing with the game otherwise, in the art, music, and story department. I do hope there's some sort of story to that as they are mentioning for the first time since 10 years ago that there is a story (By marketing it as a prequel to the original.)

Heck, if it plays awesome like the other WipEout games despite the wider tracks, I might give it a shot.

But it has to be awesome. WipEout = awesome for me by definition.

yawnstretch
4th June 2011, 07:35 AM
I'm so stoked.

Yesterday (before the screenshot thread descended into hatred), I wrote a comment and referenced the parts of the interview videos which actually show 2048 (rather than wipeout hd running on NGP -there is a big difference) and described what exactly I was excited about.

Sadly, my device ran out of batteries as I was finishing the message.

I think the potential and the vision here is astounding. I urge everyone to calm down until we see an official trailer of the ACTUAL game.

blackwiggle
4th June 2011, 08:04 AM
I don't care about what the detractors say, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands of it, that's if is available to be played on the PS3 on release.
It will be a must have purchase by all here [even most of it's detractors will end up getting it I'm sure ]

I will say I'm a bit apprehensive about some of the released details about the game, namely that the tracks are going to be 3 levels, and the craft race up the side of buildings to get to the higher levels.

I think it will be the biggest make or break aspect of the game depending on how it's done.

The worse thing is going to be the wait, at least 7 months :frown:

Connavar
4th June 2011, 04:02 PM
Agreed with blackwiggle, I'm happy to have another Wipeout, with many new tracks
and ships, and several new modes :clap
As far as I'm concerned, WOHD was nearly perfect, and just needed more tracks as
well as other adjustements ... luckily we might be getting exactly that.
And yes, a PS3 version would be welcome too, then I'll just buy both!

Roz
4th June 2011, 06:49 PM
When I read "new wipeout by SL" on the internet, my heart started racing reaaaal fast. I'm very excited to see a new wipEout, I really thought Fury was the last ever or that a new green studio would take the franchise and ruin it.

With that said, I must admit I'm worried. wipEout always had a huge background and by doing a "prequel" they really need to pay attention to stuff, so that all the universe stays coherent. By this I mean special attention to the storyline and setting. It would be amazing and a huge fan tribute if the visual style had some cues from wipEout 1/2097. Gritty, dark, underground racing, before it became popular. /fangasm

And as others said, I'm hoping the width of the tracks don't take piloting skill from the equation. I thought Fury had a nice balance between weapon "skill" and piloting, although I would prefer that the outcome of races lean more to the driving skill aspect and less about weapon managment. Although I think Outpost 7 style is extreme, I wouldn't mind having another challenging Citta Nuova in there.

All in all, really looking forward to this game, but I have my share of worries. Let's wait and see.

Richochet
5th June 2011, 01:54 AM
I don't really care who else is excited for this. All that matters to me is how much I am looking forward to this. If not this game specifically, simply the fact that WipEout isn't dead yet is reason to rejoice. Had absolutely no interest in the NGP before, now I *might* actually buy it. Either way, I'm stoked and it looks like many other people are too. Is everyone excited for this? No, but so what?

So far though the only thing which worries me a bit is the comparatively modern look of the game as to me WipEout is about the future, not the contemporary. But we'll see. It's honestly waaaay too early to judge.

Medusa
5th June 2011, 02:12 AM
First off, I find it ridiculous that people who are posting legitimate concerns (as in, concerns based on what has been stated clearly in interviews or based on what is seen in vids/screenshots) get their concerns called "flaming" or "hate".

Not more than two months ago we had no reason to believe that there was even going to be another Wipeout - with all the cutbacks at SL, how could it happen?

Okay...I'm excited there's another wipeout coming out, and especially that Studio Liverpool isn't totally dead. I'm sure everybody on this forum is excited and happy about that.

But I can't say anything, because any post would get buried under a mountain of flames made by a bunch of wipeout purists who just flat out hate the game. Just hate it...

Well maybe calm down a bit there. The ones posting criticism and even mild concerns about the game are getting "buried under a mountain of flames" if you want to call it that. If you think that's bad, why don't you go back and read threads about the last games, each time they were released?

Will someone please explain to me how you can judge a game that isn't even out yet? Seriously, you guys are going ballistic over screenshots and mere seconds of video from a something that's not even finished yet.

This being a wipeout fan forum, and fan meaning "fanatical about"...isn't that self-explanatory? And, "going ballistic" is one heck of an exaggeration.

I share your enthusiasm. I can be happy about a new game out but still be concerned by what it appears to be. That's my prerogative and everybody else's as well.

YAHOO, WIPEOUT IS NOT DEAD YET! STUDIO LIVERPOOL LIVES!!!!:beer

infoxicated
5th June 2011, 10:06 AM
That's the point of this thread: no flaming, no trolling, no 'this is going to suck eggs' talk about WO2048. I know that the day we all agree on something is the day the world ends, we're an opinonated bunch, but let's keep it healthy and not ruin it for each other. :D
That's a bit hypocritical, considering quoting people out of context from different threads and insinuating that they are trolling or flaming when they are merely stating their opinion is hardly "healthy" in itself. :-

Xpand
5th June 2011, 10:55 AM
I actually don't mind seeing wipeout on the streets. Actually, I've been waiting for this ever since I first tried the first wipeout (after playing Pure and pulse for a while). I wanted to see those pioneer ships in high detail going around in a near future.
I wish, though, they put some old Cold Storage musics, or, at least, let us put our own music.

Challenger #001
5th June 2011, 10:56 AM
Anyone willing to update this page if they have a TVTropes account? Could be a record for people complaining A YEAR before the game comes out: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks

ion harvest
5th June 2011, 11:25 AM
I bet we all buy it. We all play. It. And we all love it.

Oh come on lighten up fellas. Its gonna be frikkin awsome. Once you get used to it. XD

leungbok
5th June 2011, 11:41 AM
maybe that thread can also be used to explain our attemps on the game and features we'd love to see implemented (let's put appart the sensitive subjects like wide tracks, BRs, powerfull weapons, illogical storyline etc. ^^)
I'd love to have :
- skin editor like on pulse with higher definition off course.
- online tt mode like on pure with intangible ships.
- a replay mode available for all modes like those on GT5 and other recent racers, wipeout deserves more than a photo mode (even if it's powerfull ;))
- a faster speed class than phantom available on every modes.
- a working ingame's voice chat option :p
- a smoothest spectator's mode.
- DLC's to come if wipeout 2048 is really a brand new game (even with HD's physics)
- weapon pads ALWAYS FULL like on eliminator mode.

Oryx Crake
5th June 2011, 12:15 PM
Colour me happy if we get a skin editor! anyway I've been thinking about this endurance races are possible in HD but there is no endurance mode as such. I'd like to see that. I dont know exactly what I think should be changed to achieve this but it would be nice if there were leader boards for enduro races to at least.

Also I wish they would bring back the cockpit view from WO3 the one where you can see the console in the ship. Just cause it looks awesome :P

blackwiggle
5th June 2011, 12:22 PM
A working voice chat in the lobby would do, it would make a lot of GG's run a LOT smoother.
Having to listen to people screaming out crap while you are racing will end up with people just turning voice chat off.

Xpand
5th June 2011, 02:16 PM
Also I wish they would bring back the cockpit view from WO3 the one where you can see the console in the ship. Just cause it looks awesome :P

^This

Darkdrium777
5th June 2011, 02:46 PM
Anyone willing to update this page if they have a TVTropes account? Could be a record for people complaining A YEAR before the game comes out: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucksAny post like this does NOT help in getting the general mood of the topic back to a nicer, happier spot.

Just saying.

JABBERJAW
5th June 2011, 03:34 PM
I would look foward to perhaps this offensive/defensive pads being implemented into the HD tracks, or maybe the new modes/ships being added to the Hd roster. I also look foward to more people playing HD, since you can play cross platform, I think that is pretty cool, but not sure why they would do this, because that would be a system seller for me (if it wasn't on ps3)

MrSmadSmartAlex
5th June 2011, 05:33 PM
I want them to bring back the pitch down speed increase, but make players choose between dpad/analog (so no Jaytech), giving me an advantage. It's not fair on me with HD and other games, as my sketchy racing holds me back. :D

Having to listen to people screaming out crap while you are racing will end up with people just turning voice chat off.

No, I want to hear people having a tantrum like a baby over a game. I'd leave it on (maybe even record it, and put it on Youtube). :D:D:D

Okay, jokes aside, I'd love for them to bring back multiplayer TT, as leungbok suggested. I'd have a lot of fun with similarly minded players in this mode. Also, there'd be far less complaints about weapons in general if this mode was included (especially if it had a few options, e.g., shield recovery on/off, intangible ships on/off). :)

Mad-Ice
5th June 2011, 07:02 PM
There are others too, who posted the idea of Multiplayer TTs with every lap one turbo, so I think it will make a lot of pilots very happy and with the options from you MSSA; e.g., shield recovery on/off, intangible ships on/off altogether a great addition to Avalon style racing which has brought a lot of Wipers together.
:+ to Kanar.

Wipeout on NGP and PS3 with the option to synch your profile is so cool! Just looking forward to explore the new tracks and race online with all of you.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Chet_BG
6th June 2011, 07:47 AM
I think it looks awesome. I like the new look of the ships and the urban tracks. But in the end of the day, what matters most is how it plays. Looks like it's WOHD style, so I'm happy.
I just hope it comes for PS3, if not as a new game, as a DLC at least. I'm not ready to buy an NGP...

Sch@dows
6th June 2011, 12:23 PM
This is what I feared, and I don't like the "retro" thing wipeout 2048 is bringing.
This is only my opinion, but now I can only hope for a good gameplay to rise the title in my "wanted list"

redcheckers
6th June 2011, 12:54 PM
An increased track width, an increased weapon emphasis and an increased use of glass. I would be seriously upset if they chuck authenticity in other areas, like if they include dual-hulled ships and shield energy, two things which the original WipEout never had.

leungbok
6th June 2011, 02:07 PM
Just looking forward to explore the new tracks and race online with all of you

100% agree !! All other considerations are b****t ! :D

il_mago_di_Doz
8th June 2011, 08:41 AM
An increased track width, an increased weapon emphasis and an increased use of glass.

From what I've seen, they decreased the weapons' power at least

F.E.I.S.A.R
8th June 2011, 08:56 AM
I'm waiting for the game to come out,then come up with weird fan theories.
Mag-Strip in 2048 when it was misimplemented in 2156 and properly implemented in 2202-2207? BIG plot hOle there...

amplificated
8th June 2011, 10:04 AM
Simple: a time vortex in the 2200's appears due to a glitch in an experimental AG drive when it entered the powerful EM field emitted by a magstrip created a local, enclosed leap back in space and time, destroying history until there was no magstrip technology left in the world, but was just a theory.

This strange technology that appeared in a flash of light and radiation at an AG-S laboratory that had been used to develop AG craft and other related technology over 150 years earlier, where the actual plans for the first magstrip tech was being worked on. The researchers in the lab recognised some of the radiation signiatures and were able to identify that it had a high probability of being an AG drive, and decided it was safe to appropriately study further. When the experimental drive and section of broken magstrip technology was studied, it provided the researchers with advanced schematics and technology leaps and bounds ahead of their own, and allowed them to create ships capable of sharper handling, using kinetic energy to gain a boost out of the engine from a barrel roll, and verified the viability of magstrip technology - and the means to create magstrips.

With the radiation background able to be identified, they discovered in advance that using this exact type of drive on magstrips was incredibly dangerous - to the extent that it would literally rip back in time to the point where there is no more magstrip EM radiation in close enough vicinity, so they couldn't take full advantage of the new drive.

THERE. Reasons for magstrips AND the appearance of 'HD-like handling in 2048. Am I good or what?

redcheckers
8th June 2011, 01:45 PM
I'm waiting for the game to come out,then come up with weird fan theories.
Mag-Strip in 2048 when it was misimplemented in 2156 and properly implemented in 2202-2207? BIG plot hOle there...
Another big plot hole. Mirage. They were the original creators of the mag-strip, so it is either misleading if they aren't included in game, and also misleading if they are. Huge paradox that needs a back story like yours, amplificated. They could really use you to write the game's prologue in the manual.

Sch@dows
8th June 2011, 04:00 PM
creators doesn't necessarily means that they were participants, isn't that so ? (I didn't know the magstrip history neither do I know about mirage's history)

Coaster1235
8th June 2011, 04:44 PM
If I were SL, I'd just throw in the "alternate universe" card. That way it still would be in the Wipeout omniverse, but they don't need to worry about any inconsistensies in the story or consistency, and detach it completely from the early awesome they fed us.

redcheckers
8th June 2011, 06:12 PM
But how does that change the fact that the backstory hasn't even been fully released and its already been flooded with contradictions? If I were SL, I would go do my research on previous leagues backstories before thinking that I have to build on the previous installment's foundation.

Darkdrium777
8th June 2011, 06:24 PM
It's a prequel.
It's retconned by everything that comes after (If we go by the timeline of the back story and not the timeline of publishing the games)

/discussion.

Sch@dows
8th June 2011, 07:51 PM
OMG !!! The story isn't consistent !! that a crucial flow for a adventure game !!!
Wait, what king of game wipeout is ???

Story in racing game is like stories in fighting games, a little "+" but would be the same even if the game had no story at all.

I can understand though that people don't like the art, the barrel roll, the wide tracks or the magstrip (more generally the gravity physics of post-wip3out games), but story is clearly something optional.

redcheckers
8th June 2011, 08:08 PM
I wonder how this game is looking music-wise. If The Prodigy returns I'll be all over this game.

Dusk118
8th June 2011, 09:09 PM
Holy crap, the E3 trailer is gorgeous! Here it is if you want to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPBoKx4AeH0
I am SO geting a PSVita with this game when it comes out.

Dan Locke
9th June 2011, 09:49 PM
Not too hot on the Fusion-meets-Fury-meets-gritty-"realism" angle, and I don't think that this will ever be a "true" Wipeout game for me, but it looks like an excellent entry to the genre nevertheless.

jesse9705
10th June 2011, 05:55 AM
My negativity too this game is, Well all the wipeout game's are after one another in the timeline(excluding HD), And in this new instalment in the series is that it is going too be in the past, Which won't make sense as they will add all new mode's and team's too it(maybe on the team's), And this will screw up the wipeout timeline, Thus causing illogical flaw's in the Wipeout history timeline, So pretty much it is in the past but has thing's the future didn't , Don't make sense doe's it?, But aside from my negative talk, I'd like too see these sort's of thing's implemented,Even if they could screw up the plot
-Skin editing(you know ship skin's)
-Ship tuning
-Circuit editing(maybe not editing but you know like the ship's skin editor from pulse, But for The Circuits)
-A few more Green weapons( You know, Green weapon's like auto-pilot or turbo)
-A Variety of track's(such as one's ranging from pretty much anywhere in the world)
-1 Shot eliminator, Like as in once someone is eliminated, They are eliminated for the rest of the match
-Tag team Racing(2 player's work together online, Say in double's league's)

BulletWraith
10th June 2011, 11:39 AM
yeh let's bring tuning into 2048, then it will be complete :cold
*shudders*

since this game doesn't fit into the timeline at all why not give us some craft skins that are almost completely covered in LCD panels so that they could be displaying the music equaliser, pulsing graphics, flames and the like

give people the option to display an image of their choice if they win, like a name tag or just their PSN avatar

oh what I really want is to race under the adjusted colour options in the screen shot mode

and a code for animal ships wouldn't hurt
also a code that flattens all the ships and places a giant version of the pilot on top so it looks like Streak from PS1

Connavar
11th June 2011, 01:33 PM
Damn I read it would run at 30fps only?? Not sure if I'm getting it then.

Roz
11th June 2011, 02:13 PM
Pure and Pulse also play at 30 frames per second.

Darkdrium777
11th June 2011, 02:53 PM
Pulse can go up to 60FPS.
But PurE can only go up to 30FPS.

P52Smith
11th June 2011, 03:47 PM
I only joined the WipEout boat with Pure but I have looked into the 'past' a fair bit. IF we accept that this takes place in the same universe and time runs linearly etc. then the following should be true to maintain the back story:
((Pit lanes to restore energy)) (EDIT: Forget this, see following posts)
Option to dump or fire weapon
No barrel rolls (Pure onwards)
No side-shifts (Pure onwards?)
No Eliminator mode (WO3 onwards?)
No Zone mode (Fusion onwards)
Different teams available, only a few that we still know (I don't know the full list so I won't attempt to list the changes)
None of the HD/Fury new modes.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a new WipEout but I hope the 3 tier thing is not 3 different routes at the same time but essentially three different tracks in the same area or a single track which utilises all three levels one after the other.
Although mag-strips have 'been seen' by some I am going to controversially disagree. We have only seen (I believe) ships flying up steep slopes with the arcs we associate with mag-strips between the ship and the track. I propose that this is an early technology only used to allow ships to climb steep slopes but not go upside down etc. This may be a precursor to mag-strips which was deemed too expensive to utilise in early WipEout leagues but the technology was ported to the ships later on to allow them to stick to the tracks. After Fusion we know AG racing was stopped until the amateur FX150 league followed by the FX300 league (Pure) for professionals, where the ships and tracks were made more cheaply as a way to reinvigorate the sport with low risk. Following the success of the FX300 league and thanks to technological advances by Mirage and their MAGEC (Mirage Anti-Gravity Excellence Centre (I think)), the mag-strips were reintroduced for the FX350 (HD) and FX400 (Pulse) leagues in the tracks as the easiest way to do so.

I appreciate that this is a long post and I hope it makes sense. If anyone can spot any flaw I have missed feel free to adapt it below.

I hope the PS Vita is out soon and that it and 2048 are relatively cheap as my finances will be pushed enough with Uni.

KGB
11th June 2011, 04:39 PM
There's no pit lanes in the first game so by rights they shouldn't and won't be in 2048, but not for timeline sake, they just have a different way of reclaiming energy these days and I can't see it changing. Which is an interesting point. What did everyone think of SL putting pit lanes into the original tracks when they remade them for the SE of wip3out. Were they welcomed or hated back then. Just interested as it seems they messed with the timeline then also.

stin
11th June 2011, 04:42 PM
Now, after their latest news and I`m starting to becoming skeptic week by week rather than day by day....sorry guys and gals.

I`m not being being bitter or anything at all, just I hoping they will succeed and move on to the next level.

stevie:donut

Dogg Thang
11th June 2011, 09:50 PM
What did everyone think of SL putting pit lanes into the original tracks when they remade them for the SE of wip3out. Were they welcomed or hated back then. Just interested as it seems they messed with the timeline then also.

I don't remember anyone having a problem with the pit lanes in WO3SE. I certainly didn't. If those WO1 tracks were in use in WO3 times, they would have built pit lanes into them. Admittedly, I'm not massively hung up on details like that when it comes to timelines. I'd have more issues with feel and design being consistent.

BulletWraith
12th June 2011, 01:09 PM
@ KGB
I also welcomed the Pit Lanes, it just made sense to up grade the tracks
as one would do with real race tracks: upgrading them with the current standards of the time

zer0shen

KGB
12th June 2011, 04:17 PM
Fair enough, just wondered. I know it's not really the same thing.

IndoorSnowStorm
13th June 2011, 02:32 AM
I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but if WipEout 2048 takes place during the dawn of the sport and in the streets, does that mean it won't be as fast as something like Phantom class?

BulletWraith
13th June 2011, 02:35 AM
Super Phantom is already in the game
I assume that's will be on all tracks
I just hope its as 'fast' as the old games

IndoorSnowStorm
14th June 2011, 04:34 PM
I want it fast, too. On another note, I LOVE the new ship designs, except for Feisar. The other two teams I have seen are AG-Sys and Qirex. I don't know what it is about the 3 Feisar ships I've seen, but they don't appeal to me.

MaxiM
15th June 2011, 03:39 PM
Well I for one am totally hyped about this game. Even though I'll probably much to late to enjoy the cross-platform races or maybe even any kind of multiplayer. The price of Vita being the main reason. $250 is perfectly fine for me (that's how much I paid for PSP), but €250 is **** (it's over 1/4 more if someone doesn't know).

D.P.M Racing
15th June 2011, 03:45 PM
well i plan on getting this on the ps3 and on the ngp when it gets released
i hope there is the function to save your stats and unlocks from the ps3 onto the ngp version so i can continue from where i left off when im out and about or on lunch break at work :p

Avenger2197
15th June 2011, 11:55 PM
I am excited to see this game!:D SO good to see that the Wipeout series hasn't died yet.

I just hope that it is not too easy to fly. I want the level of difficulty that the first one had with regards to pitch being very important. Wider tracks are good IMO. We wont be having bounce fests with our friends instead of racing. ;)

Sch@dows
16th June 2011, 12:02 PM
Well I for one am totally hyped about this game. Even though I'll probably much to late to enjoy the cross-platform races or maybe even any kind of multiplayer. The price of Vita being the main reason. $250 is perfectly fine for me (that's how much I paid for PSP), but €250 is **** (it's over 1/4 more if someone doesn't know).

US prices are given without taxes (HT in french) while European prices are give all taxes included (TTC ... but PSP started at 250€ in France too).
The European price would be 209€ HT in comparison.

Despite living in France, I ordered the Vita on amazon.com (US) so I will pay 274$ (including shipping cost), around 193€ (at today currency rate which is higher from last week and will probably be different at launch date).
But I might get custom fees (not always) which will, in this case, bring the price juste below the european price.

I'm just waiting to know the autonomy of the console to decide if I cancel my pre-order or not.

leungbok
16th June 2011, 12:21 PM
Sony says that the autonomy of vita will be the same as the psp.
More powerfull system but oled screen and lack of umd needs less energy

OBH
16th June 2011, 12:26 PM
Any talk on if there's any new teams?

Hoping the wipeout gods answer my prayers and bring back Van Uber.
Chances are slim.

Sch@dows
16th June 2011, 12:52 PM
Sony says that the autonomy of vita will be the same as the psp.
More powerfull system but oled screen and lack of umd needs less energy

Sony is saying a lot of things, like they're thinking about a solution to play PSP UMD games on Vita (they said the same thing for PSPGo before launch and gave up once being launched).
I will wait for the first professional reviews.

RJ O'Connell
16th June 2011, 04:52 PM
I look forward to this game like I have all the others, definitely going to be purchased along with a new PSV when it comes out.

s0mmieUK
18th June 2011, 08:58 AM
Sony is saying a lot of things, like they're thinking about a solution to play PSP UMD games on Vita (they said the same thing for PSPGo before launch and gave up once being launched).
I will wait for the first professional reviews.

Sony's solution to playing PSP UMD games on Vita will go a little something like this:

"Buy it again via digital distribution"

kaori
18th June 2011, 12:29 PM
Maybe...
But these games will cost perhaps 1€ / 1$... Ok it's maybe a dream, the classics PSOne cost 5€ / 6$ or more

Sch@dows
19th June 2011, 07:22 PM
I think PSP game prices might drop to platinum price (around 15€?). But those who bought it on UMD will get it in the a** (as always but maybe some are starting to like it with time)

UB3R~JKP
6th July 2011, 07:51 AM
Well, I for one am muchos excited for 2048, I mean it's a new WipEout game after all. ;)

Boycey83
6th July 2011, 09:25 PM
I'd love to play it, but how am I gonna justify spending 250 quid on a portable? At first I had zero interest in a portable, but the Vita really does look absolutely incredible tech-wise, it almost won me over, but... 250 quid... for something that's just a luxury... I can't let myself do it.

Sch@dows
7th July 2011, 08:22 AM
PS3 or Vita, and video games in general are "just" a luxury.
Now, would the vita (or any other portable) be useful to you ?
Are you away form home pretty often ? Do you spend a lot of time in transport while going to school/work ?

Boycey83
7th July 2011, 08:35 AM
Nah, a console is definitely a necessity, hahaha.

Stop tempting me!

Sch@dows
7th July 2011, 11:59 AM
A good book and ... naaaa! how can I say that when a got so much fun with my PSP n__n

leungbok
16th July 2011, 01:51 PM
interesting stuff about shortcuts (other paths on each track)
http://www.gamereactor.se/grtv/?id=11771

MrSmadSmartAlex
16th July 2011, 02:16 PM
Ahh, now that's something positive! The game could actually be awesome if one can use faster, more difficult routes to avoid the noob weapon spammers on the wide, boring track sections. :)

leungbok
16th July 2011, 08:57 PM
Subscribe with me for the petition "no noob on super-phantom", mate !! :D

MrSmadSmartAlex
17th July 2011, 10:21 AM
They'd better have an option for locked rooms on here, at the very least. Maybe a kick feature too. Sometimes, you just need a break from hitting noobombs every lap or whatever annoys you.
Also, I'd really like to see the room naming feature from Pulse return. It's not the same going online and just seeing a load of usernames, rather than awesome stuff like Triple Lei's "I AM THE BEST!" rooms. :D

Mad-Ice
21st July 2011, 08:16 AM
Ahh, thanks Leungbok for posting that vid! Superb, I love skillcuts, like Anulpha Pass, De Konstruct Black and Outpost7. Unfortunately, only the skillcut on Anulpha is giving an advantage.

So I would like to see great and difficult skillcuts that are really giving an advantage over the normal route.

Super Phantom here I come!

@MSSA: or room names like Kaori's: GoogleOurNames!!!

leungbok
21st July 2011, 08:45 AM
Here the player takes the main route at the begining, and at the very end of the video, one of the "skillcuts" ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0TozE6exCE

MrSmadSmartAlex
21st July 2011, 10:47 AM
Ahh, thanks Leungbok for posting that vid! Superb, I love skillcuts, like Anulpha Pass, De Konstruct Black and Outpost7. Unfortunately, only the skillcut on Anulpha is giving an advantage.

You can get an advantage on the De Kon B one if you double BR on the way up and stay very low, also hitting all the speed pads, but it's pretty risky for such a small advantage. I guess the O7 one would work at Venom or something, where speed pads matter more. But yeah, they're not as useful as they should be, I agree.

I too would like to see high risk, high reward skillcuts for the new game. :nod

@MSSA: or room names like Kaori's: GoogleOurNames!!!

Ahh, so that was Kaori's name! I saw Triple Lei hosting it once, and didn't think it was his style lol, so I assumed somebody else had made it then left.

kaori
21st July 2011, 12:20 PM
Haha good memory Mad-Ice !

These skillcuts are a good choice! I know where I'll put some bombs & mines :g

Mad-Ice
21st July 2011, 03:15 PM
@Kaori: What did I say then? ;)

@MSSA: Yeah I know about the double BR on De Konstruct Black, but like you said: not a big reward for such a big risk. If it shaved off 0.5 secs it would be really great.

@Leungbok: Thanks again mate, this skillcut looks like it has potential to shave off some tenths at least.

novide
27th July 2011, 06:36 AM
wipeout 2048 is on facebook:
Facebook.com/WipEout2048

kaori
27th July 2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks novide, I knew this facebook page existed, but I hadn't found yet.

Colonel
27th July 2011, 01:41 PM
Some stunning screenshots on there, it's looking ace now :)

Boycey83
27th July 2011, 09:13 PM
must not buy a vita must not buy a vita must not buy a vita must not buy a vita must not buy a vita must not buy a vita must not buy a vita must not buy a vita

can't fool myself into thinking that i need a vita

but it's so pretty...

Koleax
28th July 2011, 01:28 AM
Videos look nice, but if there's no PS3 version, I don't care. It'd be nice if there were a single person who decided to make mobile exclusive Wipeouts whom I could flip off, but that ship has long sailed. It's part of Wipeout publishing culture now to engage in asshattery.

I just hope I don't have to look at some d-bag Vita player's face after beating him on Metropia.

It's bad enough that I forget to sign off before starting the game and have to watch some annoying commercial over and over and over and over.

I'm surprised people still care enough about Wipeout to be excited about this game. Then again it's not like many people are. When Wipeout HD was free last month, it was still passed over by most people. Hard to blame them too.

amplificated
28th July 2011, 07:44 PM
How is it hard to blame them, exactly? That's a bit non sequitur given the rest of your post, unless you really think mobile WipEouts really are the bane of your existence. I mean, the average gamer doesn't really give a **** about what supposed direction a game series is being taken in.

Also, as I saw it, it actually did have a lot of people get it as one of their games.

I do agree though that WipEout is more of a game you'd rather play in your house than experienced on a portable... it doesn't make me hate anyone for it though.

MrSmadSmartAlex
28th July 2011, 08:59 PM
I prefer playing Pulse and Pure on a portable in my house to playing HD Fury. ;)

leungbok
1st August 2011, 10:39 AM
Did someone plans to go at the gamescon at the end of august ?
A gameplay footage of 2048 by an experimented pilot would be an awesome tease ! :rock

amplificated
1st August 2011, 10:45 AM
That's in Germany yeah? Get texasalex to go :P

MyNameIsBom
1st August 2011, 10:56 AM
@MrSmadSmartAlex,
can I have your ps3 and tv then? ROFLOL ;) ;P

MrSmadSmartAlex
1st August 2011, 03:01 PM
Haha, sorry, but I don't have a PS3 or a TV. I sometimes play HD Fury at a friend's house. :D

Sausehuhn
16th August 2011, 04:09 PM
Does anybody know how long you can occupy the WO2048-booths at the cologne gamescom without seeming impolite?

I’m thinking about spontaneously going there on either saturday or sunday. But – I won’t fool myself – it would be mainly for WipEout and I would rather think about going there twice, if I can only be with my beloved franchise for five minutes.

Anybody else going there? Are the SL guys open for nerdy WipEout talk?

(Didn’t want to create a new thread for gamescom things, that would only mess up everything, because sooner or later screenshots, trailers etc. would appear here and there twice. If there is, however, already another tread I’ve missed, feel free to move my post or guide me to the discussion.)

leungbok
16th August 2011, 04:13 PM
You ABSOLUTELY need a friend/girlfriend/wife/son/dad or whoever with a cam (or i-phone at least ;)) !! :hyper

Mad-Ice
17th August 2011, 07:56 AM
Does anybody know how long you can occupy the WO2048-booths at the cologne gamescom without seeming impolite?

Hi Max, Saturday and Sunday are really busy but if you are only going there for Wipeout 2048, you will have a great time for sure. You can really take your time to play and if you are doing well, people will just stay with you and watch you play and be happy! 8):D

Greetz Mad-Ice

PS: be sure to record some races for us.

Darkdrium777
17th August 2011, 09:21 PM
This new coverage has me all kinds of giddy.

Sol. Yesplz. With a side order of quake disruptors.

rdmx
18th August 2011, 02:01 PM
Sol looks positively evil! There are no track walls :O

UB3R~JKP
18th August 2011, 02:19 PM
Sol...looks incredible!

GalacticSpartan
18th August 2011, 03:04 PM
Sol does look alot harder than it's other counterpart. o3o I just noticed that over a while ago. The next thing they'll need to make if they diddn't, is a track based on a mountain. Like from Pure and HD. I'm gonna like Sol <3.

Darkdrium777
18th August 2011, 04:11 PM
Sol looks positively evil! There are no track walls :OThe tracks are wider. But there are no walls. Ever.

http://i.imgur.com/zC6A8.jpg

rdmx
18th August 2011, 06:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DilxPdouXbY

Looks like fun! Funny how it appears there's regenerating health for the gamescom demo to stop them being eliminated :P

Also, note the Blur style XP counter for speedpads, evading mines, etc

Darkdrium777
18th August 2011, 06:36 PM
Rockets and Missile have nearly the same icon. That should be changed so there's absolutely zero confusion possible.
Some critics for the previous games didn't like the abstract icons for the pickups because it was confusing (to them), so while the more realistic icons is a good change for those people, having two of the same brings us back to square one.
Just make the rockets icon have three missiles on it instead of one.

GalacticSpartan
19th August 2011, 02:05 PM
It's Stupid that their health gets regenerated. What's the point of using a plasma if the health can regenerate? Unless the health regeneration won't in the actual game.

Colonel
19th August 2011, 02:30 PM
Oh I'm sure it will do nothing of the sort in the released game, it was just so that people could demo it and complete a race.

It'd put a different spin on Eliminator though, and Zone for that matter ;)

Darkdrium777
19th August 2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. It's so people, even those who've never played the game before, can review the title appropriately in like five minutes. If they were dying all the time it would paint a pretty negative picture.

mdhay
19th August 2011, 10:55 PM
Rockets and Missile have nearly the same icon. That should be changed so there's absolutely zero confusion possible.
Some critics for the previous games didn't like the abstract icons for the pickups because it was confusing (to them), so while the more realistic icons is a good change for those people, having two of the same brings us back to square one.
Just make the rockets icon have three missiles on it instead of one.

Is it just me, or does the current HUD not fit the art style at all? It looks like different parts were ripped from different games then it was thrown together. :/

Darkdrium777
19th August 2011, 11:28 PM
I don't like it either but maybe there's unlockable classic huds like in HD.

Hey Studio Liverpool, if you read this and think "oh **** we didn't do that", DO IT NAO! ;)

Dusk118
20th August 2011, 01:39 AM
Agreed, but whether they do it or not, I'm hooked already. I especially like the looks of the ships.

Sausehuhn
20th August 2011, 02:43 PM
So. I went to Gamescom today and have to admit, the PSVita seems to be very solid portable gaming device.

Other than that: Sony f*cked it up at Gamescom. Rather than having booths with PSVs and games to choose from, they had a seperate area you could play 15 minutes at. Of course you had to stand in a waiting line to enter that place – one hour in my case, as – obviously – saturday is not the best choice to visit the show. Not a big deal so far.
The problem: Once you enter the area you can not choose which game to play. You draw a card and it’s left to coincidence which game you play.
Of course, luck was not on my side and I had to play one of the games that I was least interested in. Sh*t happends.

As much as I would have loved to give you some new information or even videos, I’m sorry, that wasn’t possible. Of course there were no game developers around either.

Gamescom was worth a visit anyway, as I have never been there before. But the way Sony handled the whole PSV-thing was really a big letdown.

Darkdrium777
20th August 2011, 03:40 PM
Man that blows.

Sch@dows
20th August 2011, 08:36 PM
I received last week an invit from Sony to access the VIP square, which was said to allow playing Vita without having to stand in the general waiting line.
But since I couldn't go to the event I gave that invit to someone else.

I hope tried WipEout n__n

Colonel
26th August 2011, 09:00 AM
Nice preview on Playstation Universe:
http://www.psu.com/WipEout-2048-Preview--a012653-p0.php

kaori
30th August 2011, 01:47 PM
New interview.

http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2011/08/29/gamescom-2011-stuart-tilley-its-more-about-wing-to-wing-combat-racing/

Sch@dows
30th August 2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you for the link.

We’ve changed the way the shield weapon works. It sits in the weapon slot and you can choose to deploy it but if you leave it in the slot – which means you can’t pick up another weapon – it will auto deploy if you get hit by something.WTF ??? Auto deployed shield ?!

WipEout 2048 also supports the new PlayStation party feature so there will be voice chat within the games as well which is good fun in multiplayer.I suppose the game still won't allow players to chat during a race (with the possibility to mute thoses you don't wan't to hear), but only in the lobby.

Darkdrium777
30th August 2011, 03:21 PM
Tilley: Rollcage HD. You know you want to make it. Do it.

Medusa
30th August 2011, 03:39 PM
The balance that we have gone for on this one is it’s more about wing to wing combat racing than just surviving the track. Yeah, combat racing instead of futuristic racing...does anyone else remember the game when WipEout changed from "Futuristic racer" to "Combat racer"? Oh maybe this should be in the quiz thread...

This game is definitely balanced more towards the dicing and the fighting rather than the more lonely experience of just getting round and setting fast laps.
Well, if they don't fix the glitch, I doubt the hardcore players who actually enjoy that "more lonely experience" will even try. Which is really sad.

How sensitive is the voice activation for firing weapons? Could I lean over whilst someone else was playing and say “fire weapon” and it would?

ST: Yeah, people could nerf it if they felt the need to. You can analyze it for words so it’s not just a noise so if a car drives past you it won’t drop all your weapons...there will be voice chat within the games as well which is good fun in multiplayer. Yeah, well we’ll use it [microphone] for a couple of things like firing weapons and see how people go with it.

Working voice chat!!!! Point for SL! Sounds awesome.

Medusa
30th August 2011, 03:40 PM
oops. double post :redface

gmrtom7
31st August 2011, 09:21 PM
Hopefully the recent emphasis on combat is simply PR to sell Sony's new system. The way that SL is talking about taking the franchise (wider tracks, more combat) would certainly appeal to new buyers who may have been intimidated by Wipeout before, but at the same time alienate the current fanbase (like us). Here's hoping it's all just a bunch of marketing crap and we can look forward to another good Wipeout game. :)

Temet
1st September 2011, 08:41 AM
As seen on the vids, the loading times are VERY long on PSVita.
A French article (sorry) is relating this : http://www.psvitagen.fr/psvita-temps-chargement-tres-consequents-actualite-654.html

Wipeout2048 is mentionned, saying loading times are very long...

Sch@dows
1st September 2011, 09:38 AM
More than 30 seconds to load a track ?!! what's the point of having flash-based physical support ?

Darkdrium777
1st September 2011, 02:50 PM
Work in progress. The optimization most likely ain't all done.

Sausehuhn
1st September 2011, 02:56 PM
Correct. There are still a few months left before the PSVita will be released in Japan and then in Europe and the USA. After all, it’s confirmed that Europe and the US won’t get their hands on it before 2012.

So, there’s still time to optimize the loading times and come up with a decent logotype for the game ;)

amplificated
1st September 2011, 03:56 PM
I can't imagine load times getting much better unless you can move the game onto faster media somehow, and that is incredibly unlikely. The flash cards they use are cheap as all hell, and replicating data into multiple sectors won't help like with disc-based media.

Not enough attention was put to this I think, and it's easily a part of the big downside to the Vita - bandwidth is a massive problem.

My bet is on these NVG cards being about the same speed or even slower than 5 year old USB thumb drives.

Temet
1st September 2011, 03:57 PM
Agreed, but on the video on French website, you see a game with 2 successive loadings : 1.20 minute and around 1 minute.
Using a flash device, I thought loading to be shorter than 10 secondes... and even with optimization, it doesn't seem reachabled :|

amplificated
1st September 2011, 04:01 PM
Flash isn't and definitely in the past hasn't always been synonymous with "fast". There is no other viable way to afford flash based media to replace discs. Think USB thumb drives, not SSD's - cheap and slow, but get the job done for small files.

That Sony decided to use them for loading potentially 100+MB per level was a silly move.

Sausehuhn
1st September 2011, 04:14 PM
Isn’t it only the flash medium but also the way it’s accessed? For example: SD cards can be pretty fast, but most computers with an SD-drive do only access the slot with a slow controller. And that’s what slows down the read and writing times.

Sch@dows
1st September 2011, 04:50 PM
Agreed, but on the video on French website, you see a game with 2 successive loadings : 1.20 minute and around 1 minute.

Just to be honest, that was 2 loading for 2 différent games.
The first one was Gravity Rush, since the desktop until the first menu (not the game itself).
The second on was Dungeon Hunter Alliance. The video lacks starts a few seconds late but is still very long.

Either way, even with older flash type media, 1 minute should be way enough to load a big amount of data. The oly thing I can think of is that the NVG used at the event were really really slow (even slower than SD class 1 ?)

amplificated
1st September 2011, 05:24 PM
@ Sausehuhn: the controller is a part of it, yeah. On a computer, a card reader is the controller, and the controller is connected to the CPU through a "bus" on the motherboard, which can potentially be another bottleneck.

I haven't heard of controllers on PC's being a common problem honestly, it would depend on the model; and if it connects through the old PCI bus and you have a bunch of other stuff using PCI, that can limit bandwidth as there's only 1 shared pool across the system which has a 133MBps peak speed (which isn't a lot, but PCI stuff is not that common anymore and should be okay for card readers for most people). And really, there's zero chance of an SD card saturating even the PCI bus in the foreseeable future at any sane price.

In relation to the Vita, I have no idea of what kind of controller they use, but if it's faster than what a typical card allows, I see the only way of making games load faster is if people can buy NVG cards and load games onto them. And the only likely scenario, based on Sony's direction, in which that becomes feasible is through piracy and custom firmware. :(

Darkdrium777
1st September 2011, 05:35 PM
I can't imagine load times getting much betterMod Nation was patched to shorten loadings.
Deus Ex HR also.

It's not impossible. They have months to work on it still, and then they can probably patch it too.

Blaey
1st September 2011, 06:08 PM
plus games generally gain faster loading times from beta to full release and we dont know what stage wipeout 2048 is at (probably alpha/beta considering they havent even done all the weapons/zone mode yet)

Sch@dows
1st September 2011, 06:27 PM
I see the only way of making games load faster is if people can buy NVG cards and load games onto them.The vita has also a MS slot which should be used to store music, vidéos and différent settings, but might also be used as game support in case of custom firmware.

As long as people buy the actual game ...

Hellfire_WZ
2nd September 2011, 12:22 PM
Looks like I'm gonna get a go on this at the end of the month, SL have just confirmed it'll be at Eurogamer! :D

Darkdrium777
2nd September 2011, 02:54 PM
Sony will require of you to perform the wheel of death this time. Instead of it being random chance.

Blaey
3rd September 2011, 12:10 AM
Can't wait to get my hands on this at eurogamer on the 24th :D

Let's hope they've added more polish to it by then...

Hellfire_WZ
10th September 2011, 11:59 AM
They've just confirmed it'll be the Gamescom build at Eurogamer.

Mad-Ice
11th September 2011, 08:41 AM
Looking forward to your race report Charlie.

leungbok
11th September 2011, 01:00 PM
Don't forget to bring the hidden camera into your cap :D

Sausehuhn
21st September 2011, 09:38 PM
Seems like Studio Liverpool changed the Logotype a bit, according to their facebook profile.

Ah, and I quote:

If you're heading to Eurogamer Expo in London on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, keep an eye out for our Feisar pilot, handing out limited edition WipEout 2048 postcards and stickers.

If you're heading off to #Eurogamer keep a look out for our very own Feisar pilot handing out limited edition flyers! Don't miss her!

Who’s gonna be there?

JABBERJAW
21st September 2011, 09:46 PM
Hey, as long as you when you hit restart race after a crash, it doesn't take another 40 seconds ( looking at you pulse ps2)

kaori
21st September 2011, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by WIPEOUT2048 via Facebook
If you're heading to Eurogamer Expo in London on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, keep an eye out for our Feisar pilot, handing out limited edition WipEout 2048 postcards and stickers.

Originally Posted by WIPEOUT2048 via Twitter
If you're heading off to #Eurogamer keep a look out for our very own Feisar pilot handing out limited edition flyers! Don't miss her!
I want to see this cards, I hope a WZ member will be able to get some and show us the pictures.

JABBERJAW
23rd September 2011, 07:23 PM
Video of phantom speed would be very welcome! I want to see how the weapons affect the ship. Also, if you could get a tt in, see if you lose energy in that mode on 2048

Sch@dows
23rd September 2011, 07:49 PM
We've seen several designs for each team. I am wondering if the design differs from a speed class to another, and so the stats.

MyNameIsBom
25th September 2011, 08:14 AM
I want to play this game soo bad! Looking forward to it... but I wont be getting the PSPVita(?) By the time it comes out in new Zealand I'll would have saved up enough for a TV and a Ps3 anyway... Still I want to play it!!! damn I hope they make a ps3 version of wipEout 2048 not ported like wipEout Pulse.... you know exactly what I'm talking about xD

nismology
25th September 2011, 08:39 AM
Saving for a Vita currently. Wipeout 2048 is gonna be my first game for it (hopefully :P). Atm, I have about £10 saved!

AG-SYSTEMS
4th October 2011, 01:30 AM
I do plan on getting one as soon as I can. Unlike most people, betas are nice to see, but I judge if I really like the game if I see a finished product, such as a demo.

MrSmadSmartAlex
4th October 2011, 06:36 PM
I want to play this game soo bad! Looking forward to it... but I wont be getting the PSPVita(?) By the time it comes out in new Zealand I'll would have saved up enough for a TV and a Ps3 anyway... Still I want to play it!!! damn I hope they make a ps3 version of wipEout 2048 not ported like wipEout Pulse.... you know exactly what I'm talking about xD

Pulse PS2? If so, then yeah, it sucks. :D

About the TV, if you're only using it for the PS3, you might be able to save yourself some money (and reduce input lag, which is the main reason I did this) by using a suitable HD monitor instead. Mine is a BenQ E2220HD, and it's great for gaming. ;)

Chill
8th October 2011, 08:49 AM
Even with all the things I could criticize it with I'm not as I'm definately looking forward to it... :)