PDA

View Full Version : PSN restore begins May 15; Firmware 3.61 drops

NX-01
15th May 2011, 01:06 AM
Well all my fellow racers, it finally begins with the firmware update. Not able to connect just yet, but, with this update I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. See ya all online soon! :beer

slimjim
15th May 2011, 01:15 AM
the updates live on the official playstation website

Rapidkirby3k
15th May 2011, 06:27 AM
Just updated my PS3's firmware. This is awesome to hear the great news about the PS3 servers! Wish me luck in the online races soon! =)

yusik
15th May 2011, 06:47 AM
Updated to new patch :+

Looking forward to PSN coming back up and the SWAG of PSN+, etc. :rock

SpeedKAng96
15th May 2011, 07:05 AM
It's about time, me being without PSN haven't been half as fun:P:hyper

mic-dk
15th May 2011, 07:06 AM
Has some form of schedule on when the differencet regions/timezones are back online been released?

MegaGeeza22
15th May 2011, 09:29 AM
My guess is late night to early morning for the uk.
all of the U.S is up and i think they will be keeping a close eye on that region for a few hours looking out for any anomalies.
im off to church now ;)

FirstDave
15th May 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi all. I have the updated firmware but on the ps blog it says you have to change your password too before you can go back on psn so your ready when it kicks in. In settings the option to change password only gives me four numeric digits ????????? Where am i going wrong. Not that i can remember my old one anyway.:P

Dave.

slimjim
15th May 2011, 09:54 AM
not sure if you can reset if Via the email the account is registered with

MegaGeeza22
15th May 2011, 09:55 AM
its not that password, you can only change it when the UK goes live and you sign in... it will automatically take you to the screen to change your psn password

FirstDave
15th May 2011, 09:58 AM
Right i see.Thanks Megageeza22.They sort of made it sound like you could do it before hand. So this means i,m going to be turning it on and off quite regular now to see if its ready.:nod

Dave.

MegaGeeza22
15th May 2011, 10:04 AM
lol, did you try 0000 for that other password? i think thats the standard password.
make sure you write the passwords down lol, i save all my passwords on my phone as text drafts...

FirstDave
15th May 2011, 10:11 AM
Yeh i know i should know better by now cos i never remember passwords for anything then when i need it i,m knacked :nod. When It was only offering numeric input i backed out and didnt try to change anything as i didnt know what it was about. So now more waiting and checking but at least this time theres more chance of a result.:P

Dave.

MegaGeeza22
15th May 2011, 10:57 AM
I just checked, the 4 digit password is a parental lock, if you switch it on you will have to put the code in before you start a game or watch a movie.
Has anybody else been having trouble going on the eu blog? it wont load for me... i guess theres to much traffic lol

FirstDave
15th May 2011, 11:02 AM
I wont use the pin then.Yeh the blog is erattic for me too but no news or green dot yet.

Dave.:P

MegaGeeza22
15th May 2011, 11:10 AM
lol, i was on the eu blog this morning, the European blog was full of Americans chanting "USA USA USA" lol because the U.S blog has disabled comments...
Get off our blog!!!

mdhay
15th May 2011, 11:22 AM
That chanting could be why they disabled them in the first place. :P

FirstDave
15th May 2011, 11:22 AM
yeh ive been looking at the usa blog and it looks nice with all the map lit up green.I just want to see europe or should i say the uk lit up green now.:P

greenymac
15th May 2011, 11:26 AM
PSN is up for me! HELL YEAH! Just changed my password and signed in... Mind you it 6:25 a.m. but I am pleased.

blackwiggle
15th May 2011, 11:43 AM
Well I got the system update and downloaded that, but that's as far as it's got in OZ atm, PSN still down here for all intended purposes.

OBH
15th May 2011, 11:53 AM
Downloading. Need to get my races done before my bro takes his ps3 back on the 20th so he can play LA Noire :)

edit:
Same for me too, downloaded but no online yet....

How are you guys resetting your password??? Website wont let me and I cant through the ps3 till i sign in in the first place

MegaGeeza22
15th May 2011, 12:13 PM
when you sign in it'll ask you for a new password, you don't even need to type in your old one, so if you have it saved and don't remember it, it's no problem.
I copied this from an american who is online.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/

Aeroracer
15th May 2011, 01:04 PM
i loaded in the new patch but i cant go online or do nothing yet..so i guess i have to wait some more time.

stin
15th May 2011, 01:34 PM
Yes same here too so, I`ll just have to wait till online!

stevie:)

Dark_Phantom_89
15th May 2011, 02:17 PM
I wonder how much I've slipped with WipEout since the outage... I've barely played at all.

Colonel
15th May 2011, 02:30 PM
I'm the opposite, I'm hoping to have improved significantly. Been playing more than ever these last few weeks. Having said that, online is a different beast, and I'm sure I'll be re-spawning and dying all over the place as usual :brickwall

greenymac
15th May 2011, 03:29 PM
I know for a fact I havent slipped an inch...:rock Yall are about to see Greeny 2.1...

Nutcase:259
15th May 2011, 03:30 PM
About the free stuff we get :lol is it per ps3 or per registered PSN user? and is this also the case for the 30 days ps+?

greenymac
15th May 2011, 03:35 PM
They need to turn psn o in europe already...WO online is dead and quet because baely any americans play it...

slimjim
15th May 2011, 03:39 PM
@nutcase im not sure on that the details on the free stuff is really vague

greenymac
15th May 2011, 03:44 PM
First race back------a 17 second win 1v1...Ill take it.

Aeralys
15th May 2011, 04:15 PM
I'll be online soon as the PSN is up in the UK.

Yeah I'm concerned about the free stuff alongside the 30 day PS+, hopefully it'll be good games, but I don't see why they would be vague about it if they were good.
Maybe they'll give Wipeout HD for free, to populate the online again with training dummies! Haha jk... ;)

MetaKraken
15th May 2011, 04:30 PM
PSN's restored in North America (including PR, although it's located in the Carribean), so this means I'm going back to earn more trophies. :)

MegaGeeza22
15th May 2011, 04:31 PM
Agreed Aeralys, Wipeout would be good as a free game and will fill the lobby for a week or 2!!
All i know is that we will get 2 games to keep and ps+ for 30days....
knowing Sony they will give us "Super Rub a Dub" and "Snakeball" lol. but the store wont be open until the end of the month at least.
Also if you have bought a new game that requires you to use an online pass... you wont be able to play it online until the store opens.

Medusa
15th May 2011, 05:17 PM
EEK! It's alive!

yusik
15th May 2011, 05:26 PM
Updated last night, logged in PSN successfully right now. Can't access PSN store, but my friend list is active.

Like someone mentioned already, changing your password is easy and can be done straight from the PS3, without having to enter your previous password.

On Black Ops lobby right now so online games seem to be working, but probably just for US I guess.

As for the SWAG, Sony said regular PSN users will get a month of free PSN+ and maybe codes for mini games (meh). But this was before the PSN downtime extended from a week to week+ so SWAG might get a little nicer :nod

slow-train
15th May 2011, 05:43 PM
uk is back online now:P

greenymac
15th May 2011, 05:51 PM
Theeuropeans on my friends list are slowly coming back online...awesome.

FirstDave
15th May 2011, 06:14 PM
Just waiting for my email that seems to be taking ages to come!

Edit : Took 40 mins but its here now. :)

Aeralys
15th May 2011, 06:33 PM
Sweet! First online race back - boosted into a wall xD

mic-dk
15th May 2011, 08:27 PM
Still not up here in DK :( Weird - I figured most of europe would come up along with the UK, but alas no.

ID_7of9
15th May 2011, 08:49 PM
I was online just a few minutes ago, changed my password, everything seemed to be ok, but couldnt connect to wipeout servers. So i logged off and tried to log in again... failed. PSN ist down again for maintenance. Congrats sony!! :clap

slimjim
15th May 2011, 08:52 PM
only in some places but not all

DjM1zw1z
15th May 2011, 08:57 PM
Bah, down again in the UK

Aeroracer
15th May 2011, 09:00 PM
lol..just heard it was up and was just about to go on now you say its down again....hahahaa..better make it 3 free games now ..+one extra game everytime they go down from now on...

slimjim
15th May 2011, 09:02 PM
the uk middle east and ireland arent effected there runinng like normal but the other country's that were sorted after are

DjM1zw1z
15th May 2011, 09:03 PM
You sure? Not 4 me, its down, WELL DONE SONY:clap

slimjim
15th May 2011, 09:06 PM
im still online

Aeralys
15th May 2011, 09:07 PM
From the Playstation Blog EU Twitter a few minutes ago:
"Please bear with us as we continue working on #PSN restoration. We are experiencing extremely heavy traffic."

Uhh...

slimjim
15th May 2011, 09:09 PM
also from twitter

Acknowledged. There is a problem with PSN in the latest countries we rolled out to (except UK, IRE & ME). We're dealing with it.

DjM1zw1z
15th May 2011, 09:09 PM
im not, ive got that error 8000203A- under maintenance

greenymac
15th May 2011, 09:55 PM
Hope you guys get sorted out soon. I just came offline from wipeout and everything seems to be stable on our side of the pond...

Aeroracer
15th May 2011, 09:57 PM
thats good to hear greeny...have they changed anything obvious or is it all behind the scenes security measures...?

Aeralys
15th May 2011, 09:59 PM
Should be back online for UK now, I'm on PSN. :)

Edit: having trouble getting onto the wipeout lobby though, getting an error saying I'm already logged in o_O
Edit 2: Nvm i'm through lol

greenymac
15th May 2011, 10:15 PM
stay online aeralys ill be there in 10 mins or less

Aeralys
15th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Let the races begin! :P

Frailavi
16th May 2011, 12:29 AM
I hit sign in. It tells me to change my password. It follows up with an error message and only let's me go back to the sign in button.

blackwiggle
16th May 2011, 12:49 AM
Still getting PSN under maintenance in Aus

Aeroracer
16th May 2011, 02:17 AM
i just played on psn and i am happy its back up and running..i hope it dosent go down again..

MegaGeeza22
16th May 2011, 02:18 AM
Frailavi, maybe sony read your comments when you was sympathising with the hackers...
I signed out earlier and then i couldn't sign back in!! "maintenance" but i just tried a few tiimes in a row and i got back on!

From the Playstation Blog EU Twitter a few minutes ago:
"Please bear with us as we continue working on #PSN restoration. We are experiencing extremely heavy traffic."

Uhh...

mic-dk
16th May 2011, 05:18 AM
Yay, back on-line now. Just in time for me to go to work ;)

jesse9705
16th May 2011, 06:23 AM
Its working i just can't fully access cause it's undergoing matenince

Frailavi
16th May 2011, 07:18 AM
Frailavi, maybe sony read your comments when you was sympathising with the hackers...
I signed out earlier and then i couldn't sign back in!! "maintenance" but i just tried a few tiimes in a row and i got back on!

I was merely defending people who were being blindly accused of false things! Sony is being mean to me. :(

KGB
16th May 2011, 08:07 PM
Just up

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/16/details-of-the-welcome-back-programme-for-scee-users-2/

Edit: I'm getting a page not found on the link now, it was working.

For ps3 users it gave you the option of downloading 2 of 5 games once the store is back up.

Infamous
Little Big Planet
Some Ratchet and Clank game
Dead Nation
Wipeout HD/Fury

Amorbis
16th May 2011, 08:54 PM
That's a much better list than I was expecting. I was thinking they would give us Pain and Super-Rub-A-Dub type games, which would have been fine, but this is good stuff! I look forward to getting Infamous/Dead Nation and Ratchet and Clank.

The inclusion of WipEout should also do wonders for the online activity. Hopefully the number of people playing will be close to the time Fury came out.

KGB
16th May 2011, 09:00 PM
The fact that they pulled it so quickly makes you think that something wasn't right with the list. I can't remember the psp list apart from killzone and maybe LBP. Good for HD though, should be busy for a while.

Sausehuhn
16th May 2011, 09:45 PM
Hm … I don’t like the small print:

For the German market, InFamous and Dead Nation will be replace with Super Stardust HD and Hustle Kings in the selection of PS3 games.
[…] Pursuit Force and Killzone Liberation will be replaced with Everybody’s Golf 2 and Buzz Junior Jungle Party in the selection of PSP games. […]

Aeralys
16th May 2011, 10:34 PM
They actually are giving HD for free download?! Ha awesome! Regardless, the Lobby had quite a lot of rooms open today, I actually had to scroll down to see them all which is a first for me I think xD

Darkdrium777
17th May 2011, 03:06 AM
Wow these are old games. Eh. It's cool for WipEout but I was expecting something a little more up to date.

yusik
17th May 2011, 04:37 AM
Awesome that WO/Fury is on the list, should populate the servers.

Looking forward to free Dead Nation and inFamous :)

mic-dk
17th May 2011, 05:14 AM

Indeed. What have you done to deserve special treatment? I too find the titles a bit old, but now I finally get the opportunity to try LBP :)

MegaGeeza22
17th May 2011, 05:26 AM
Agreed! im also getting LBP! I will also be getting Infamous... But im sooo glad wipeout HD & Fury will be free!!
Nobody will get kicked out of the lobby for not owning the fury dlc!! and millions of new pilots!! (maybe)

KGB
17th May 2011, 08:42 AM

I read somewhere that Germany does not allow free 18+ content on the psn. Do you have another account from another country, you can probably download two from that one as well?

Potential 77 million accounts can get hold of wipeout HD for free. Even if you have all the games on offer, I would say it's a good result for wipeout fans.

Edit: Totally massive result infact :)

Colonel
17th May 2011, 08:53 AM
It's an excellent result for Wipeout fans, wish this had happened six months ago. Not sure what games I'm gonna get (I only have Wipeout on that list).

Can anyone recommend any of them?

KGB
17th May 2011, 09:04 AM
Infamous is a great game, I would recommend everyone getting that one. I had LBP but got rid of it as it didn't grab me at the time, the lag online was awful when I had it, I'm sure they got that fixed though. I think I will get it again and ratchet and clank....for the kids of course ;)

Constrictor
17th May 2011, 09:33 AM
Indeed. What have you done to deserve special treatment?

Well, we're all pussies by choice - we play LBP, vote Green party, (will) drive noiseless eCars and have our black forrest paved with wind power plants :rock

Colonel
17th May 2011, 09:49 AM
Just had a thought. Will the Wipeout servers be able to cope with such a massive influx of players? I mean if just 10% of people choose Wipeout, that's 7 million! Surely the Wipeout HD servers weren't made for anything like that many people online at once.

I wonder if this is why the leaderboards are down at the moment, could it be that Studio Liverpool are doing maintenance in preparation for all the new players?

This could see Wipeout HD go through the roof!

mic-dk
17th May 2011, 11:07 AM
Well, we're all pussies by choice - we play LBP, vote Green party, (will) drive noiseless eCars and have our black forrest paved with wind power plants :rock

:lol

I'm getting LBP and I just bought a new german car. I guess I'm just a windmill away from loosing my ManCard :p

Constrictor
17th May 2011, 11:17 AM
Mic, I hope your new car has some big firggin' bad-as staight six, TT or something power plant!

btw, in this case the windmill is for free and won't void your Danish-MANcard. (in caps!)

jesse9705
18th May 2011, 08:51 AM
Is the PS store back up anywhere,i want it too get up so i can finnaly play Wipeout HD,

Sausehuhn
18th May 2011, 12:18 PM
Do you have another account from another country, you can probably download two from that one as well?

[_] Hell yes, I do have such an account!
[x] Damn it! That’s something I considered in the past but never did in the end.

:|

Constrictor
18th May 2011, 04:21 PM
[X] Hell yes, I do have such an account!

BUT, I never bought something there. This may prevent me from dowonloading the interesting games. Not?

Edit: It's been hacked again. Still, we're able to sign in and play. This is NOT old news ...
http://thenextweb.com/industry/2011/05/18/not-so-fast-sonys-playstation-network-hacked-again/

Darkdrium777
18th May 2011, 05:26 PM
Oh ****'s sake. That's it, I'm changing everything everywhere again. Gonna get my passwords on a USB flash drive I guess to remember them all.

stin
18th May 2011, 06:31 PM
This is unbelievable!, I just changed my password but good thing is, I deleted my account! And I`m sticking to PSN card from now on!

Shocking!

stevie:|

Medusa
18th May 2011, 06:33 PM
I'm more excited at the PSP downloads than the PS3 games (Already have LBP and WO and could care less about the others sadly). Especially since my Euro account and NA account will have different games!! That makes it alll worthwhile to me personally (I wasn't put out by the PSN downtime so I expect I differ from others greatly in this regard).

It turns out that the credit card I had on my PSN has just expired. So dumb luck has saved me the trouble of bothering to watch my bill so closely from now on. Score! :+

amplificated
18th May 2011, 08:30 PM
Edit: It's been hacked again. Still, we're able to sign in and play. This is NOT old news ...
http://thenextweb.com/industry/2011/05/18/not-so-fast-sonys-playstation-network-hacked-again/

If only the article wasn't trying to bring in readers with a sensationalist title, *sigh*. It even states that it's just an exploit.

Firstly, the person wanting to steal an account needs access to the email account, so if the person wanting to do this has access to the details leaked from the initial hack, and if you used the same password for your psn and email and never changed it, and if you're the lucky one of 77 million accounts that gets selected by this person, you could lose your PSN account and email.

Not that big of a deal IMO, and Sony still is using the best option available to get people to change their passwords. This was always going to be a potential issue.

edit: not entirely correct, see followup.

Darkdrium777
18th May 2011, 09:13 PM
Firstly, the person wanting to steal an account needs access to the email accountNope. That's exactly what the problem was. They didn't need it.

amplificated
18th May 2011, 11:56 PM
Wow. Fair enough then, although it still relies on a couple of things that other people shouldn't really know, and chances of being compromised are still pretty slim.

I can't believe they wouldn't require email confirmation for a password change when concern over identity is not only paramount, but the entire point of the password change requirement :/

Constrictor
19th May 2011, 06:38 AM
Yeah, this article is somewhat sensational. The exploit by itself is too. Especially after so many security consultants @ 2k$/day made their best guess on how to secure PSN.

Anyway, it's a pitty that PSN's now the 1st target of choice to get publicity. The good - this might harden it of time.
The bad - we might have outages again.

Nexus72
29th May 2011, 02:41 PM
damn psn is down!!!!
:brickwall

Colonel
29th May 2011, 02:56 PM
Back up now :)

Nexus72
30th May 2011, 10:33 AM
today at 20:00 psn down !!!
:brickwall :brickwall

TH4YA1
30th May 2011, 02:11 PM
Do someone know when the World Rankings are updated? The is always a "Please wait" writing.

Nexus72
30th May 2011, 03:35 PM
I think, restart psn, return world ranking ..... I hope!!! :hyper

another game, no this problem!:clap

cy@ll ;)

TH4YA1
30th May 2011, 06:41 PM
No.Since restart of the whole PSN there is always written" Records will be called" and after a while. " No connection to the servers. but online playing works fine.

amplificated
30th May 2011, 06:52 PM
No, the "restart of the whole PSN" has not taken place yet as of this post.

It's only partially up at the moment.

If there is still an issue after Sony claim that full service is restored, it's then that you can start getting worked up.

Nexus72
30th May 2011, 11:11 PM
I too think so '
:):)

DjM1zw1z
31st May 2011, 03:55 PM
Well cos of wipeout being one of the 5 games you get for free it looks like there will be a new generation of racers coming

Nexus72
31st May 2011, 07:04 PM
hehehe

oh yeah man, I think so!!

c'mon new generation Wipers .... c'mon

:)

cy@ll

Nexus72
2nd June 2011, 05:12 AM
hi all

yeah guys PSN is Back!!!!

great job Sony !!!