PDA

View Full Version : wipeout playlist

unknown
3rd March 2003, 03:11 PM
is there anyone that is kind enough to post up the enitre playlist for the original wipeout on the PSX the music for that game was so good i am just desparate to find the album to it

so does anyone have the playlist for PSX wipeout?

thanks for any replies :D

Synthetic Consciousness
3rd March 2003, 07:46 PM
The PSX version of wipEout is Redbook Audio--just stick it into your audio cd player and enjoy. All tracks in the PSX version (excepting the Platinum Edition) are by CoLD SToRAGE.

01-[Cairodrome]
02-[Cardinal Dancer]
03-[Cold Comfort]
04-[DOH-T]
05-[Messij]
06-[Operatique]
07-[Tentative]
08-[Transvaal]

The Platinum Edition of wipEout for the PSX contains these extra tracks:

09-Leftfield [Afro-Ride]
10-The Chemical Brothers [Chemical Beats]
11-Orbital [WipEout]-[Petrol Mix]

I'm finally a Senior Wiper! 8)

AmigoJack
7th March 2003, 03:02 PM
sega saturn version has same tracks (01 to 08 are 02 to 09 where 01 is the data track) plus the following three tracks:

10 - Rob Lord, Mark Bandola: "Brickbat"
11 - Rob Lord, Mark Bandola: "Planet 9"
12 - Rob Lord, Mark Bandola: "Poison"

Spaceboy Gajo
7th March 2003, 06:06 PM
How are those tracks compared to the Cold Storage tracks?

I did not know there was another composer's tracks, especially on the Saturn version.

spaceboy gajo :D

AmigoJack
7th March 2003, 07:48 PM
brickbat and planet 9 sound like the chemical brothers (not very dramatical, but dust rocking enough); poison could be very well from tim wright aka CoLD SToRAGE

(icq me for download)

Vasudeva
9th March 2003, 10:05 AM
I also have the Saturn version. I don't know if it's a mistake made by you, Synthetic Consciousness, but the spelling on the Saturn version is different on two tracks, the first actually being "Chromosome" and one of the later being "Transvaal" (after the region in South Africa). Perhaps the PSX spelling simply differs, I don't know.

AmigoJack, I've always hated Brickbat. I feel it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the atmosphere... in my opinion it's too noisy and repetitive (coincidentally, it's the longest track of the game :roll:). Planet 9 is quite funky though, and definitely a favourite to play at FireStar. I also liked Poison.

Peace,
V.

unknown
10th March 2003, 04:06 PM
thanks for the info :D

beatokko
16th January 2004, 01:57 AM
THANX A LOT!!!!!!
(already gettin the tracks from p2p)

:D

When I first played Wipeout I was like 12 or 13 yrs old (I can't remember much of my childhood) and I recorded the music on a cassette so I could listen to it all day. The music from the game really got into my soul... It was like those times when you listen to a new tune you like and you get chills and chicken skin. I remember been listening to it having sun on a beach with my cousins Omar, Cristian and some girls... Good times. That was the very first time I listened to electronic music as a fan. I was just a kid.
Now I'm makin' my own drum&bass tunes (check my page). This is in great part 'cuz when I played Wipeout XL I got stunned by photek's third sequence and then I bought MTV's AMP compilation CD. Aphex twin's Girl/Boy Song and Photek's Ni Ten Ichi Ryu stunned me again. I was 14 yrs old.
These old tunes bring lots of memories to me, from the times I had nothing to worry about but to get better in a game. I'm 21 now and I'm in the edge of tears listening to Cardinal Dancer. SHIIIIT MAN I'M GONNA CRY. WIPEOUT MADE ME AN ELECTRONIC MUSIC ADDICT!!!
As I said: THANX A LOT!!!

beatokko
16th January 2004, 01:59 AM
sorry... my page's in my signature :D

beatokko
16th January 2004, 02:00 AM
crap... it didn't make it...
http://beatokko.dmusic.com <-- there it is

Lance
16th January 2004, 02:17 AM
hi beatokko, welcome to the wz.
several people here got their first taste of electronica by playing WipEout and have become big fans of it or even started making it themselves, as you have.

sorry about sigs, but we don't use them here, they just added to bandwidth and clutter, so we haven't had them in probably over a year. same goes for avatars except for the admin and mods so it's easy to see which posts are theirs when you look for a reply to a question you've asked them. we did ask the members for their opinions about both things, and the majority of responders were for the eliminations. i actually keep images switched off in my browser most of the time [dial-up is why], so i rarely ever see my own avatar. or actual smileys

Escaped_Badger
25th February 2004, 04:16 PM
These old tunes bring lots of memories to me, from the times I had nothing to worry about but to get better in a game. I'm 21 now and I'm in the edge of tears listening to Cardinal Dancer. SHIIIIT MAN I'M GONNA CRY. WIPEOUT MADE ME AN ELECTRONIC MUSIC ADDICT!!!
As I said: THANX A LOT!!!

It's nice to see what games do to people :D

I collect a lot of retro games (mainy PlayStation and Saturn), half the reason is because of the old music. Compare the music from games like Tekken 2/Tekken 3 to Tekken 4 or WipEout to WipEout Fusion. Games music just isn't as good as it used to be.

Lance
25th February 2004, 06:17 PM
i suspect that game music is just going through a phase, as all music has historically done. earlier days in videogames may have produced more distinctive music partly because the games were a new field of endeavour and this novelty stimulated imagination, while later times have simply copied earlier styles, but without the inspiration, or have attempted to be different from earlier videogame music by bringing in music from outside the game genre.

while, i think that Tim Wright [CoLD CoMFoRT} produced one of the all time great sets of racing music with that early 'score' for the original WipEout, that doesn't mean there is no hope for the present or future. that phasic nature of music and other art means there will probably be new developments in the music itself, and also that someone with imagination will make unusual but especially fitting choices of already existing styles, for example, the odd but satisfying selections made for R4 [Ridge Racer 4].

there is certainly cause to think that good stuff will still be done. just remember that it is the very definition and nature of mediocrity to be in the majority. the great is always the few

Escaped_Badger
25th February 2004, 06:39 PM
Ridge Racer 4 is one of my favourites. A few other games with great music...

Streets of Rage
Street Fighter 2
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Virtual On
Virtua Fighter 2
Pro Evolution Soccer 3

xEik
25th February 2004, 08:19 PM
Tim Wright [CoLD CoMFoRT}
ehem, I think you meant Tim Wright [CoLD SToRAGE}. ;) Cold Comfort is, in fact, one of his excellent songs.

Lance
25th February 2004, 09:26 PM
yes i did. thank you. i thought there were rather too many small ''o''s in that second word. that particular song is so completely identified with Tim that my overworked brain just popped that name out. sigh. i knew something was wrong at the time, but didn't have the energy to think out what it was. between racing on Spilkinanke for new times last night and trying to get over whatever virus i have, i b 2 tired to race today so far. perhaps three cups of tea plus a bunch of sugar, and maybe a shot of Red Bull if i had any? what does that stuff taste like, anyway? i've never had any

xEik
25th February 2004, 11:09 PM
Cough sirup

Lance
25th February 2004, 11:24 PM
well, that's not so bad; i've always loved the taste and viscosity of Vick's Formula 44 original. cherry flavour

Piranha Advancements
25th February 2004, 11:32 PM
Whatcha mean it taste like cough syrup eh?

Well,there's couple versions of Red Bull.Classic,normal and carbonated are the ones I remember.Its a great drink before going for work really,exercise(just dont mix it with 100 Plus or your stomach will explode..) or pulling sleep overs with some umm cute huggable friends and..umm yeah.

They taste great though.

science
26th February 2004, 02:00 PM
I agree. Cough syrup.
I remember when I made it over to the UK some years back, I found Red Bull and I was amazed because unless you played woxl, you didn't know about it because it hadn't made it to the US yet. I bought a couple of cans: one to drink and one to take back (yeah, I know... seems rediculous now). When I tasted it I was like, "oh my god, this stuff is awful!" It was really quite disheartening. However, a little later a friend of mine spent a year in school at Aberdeen and returned with a case of Red Bull and the knowledge that it made a great vodka mixer, which it does! I suppose he wasn't the only one to find that out, as now I'd say the sales of Red Bull in bars rivals its sales in other stores.

Thruster2097
26th February 2004, 07:59 PM
A favourite of mine was the TVR.

....Not the car, although they are awesome..... the drink.
Tequilla
Vodka
Red bull

If you do drink alcohol, ppl, always drink in moderation.... and dont do what I did and get totally wasted on the stuff! :oops:
Redbull (or any of its cheaper counterparts like BlueCharge) take a bit of getting used to at first, kinda like Vimto, Tizer or Irn Bru.
I think the best way to put it would be like Nachos.
The first time you eat one, it tastes so much like week-old stale socks that it makes you a bit ill. But for some random unknown reason, you try it again, and again, and then youre hooked!

A great drink in the USA has gotta be mountain dew. I love the stuff!! And it has so much caffeine.... its like drinking tasty coffee! :lol:

Whocares9
5th February 2005, 06:18 AM
The first wipeout had the strangest yet the best music out of all of them by my opinion.

zargz
5th February 2005, 11:41 AM
.. and maybe a shot of Red Bull if i had any? what does that stuff taste like, anyway?
. well here in sweden they taste bitter but in thailand they are sweet. yummy! anyway someone told me the original RedBull is from thailand http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/pjs.gif !!?
i dunno but when there I could drink 2 bottles, tiny ones :D and still fall asleep easy! :roll:

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Shem
5th February 2005, 12:18 PM
w8 a second....

Syntetic Consciousness said that only PLATINUM edition of Wipeout 1(PSX) had licensed tracks. That is not true. Chemical Brothers, Orbital and Leftfield had their tracks on Wipeout from the very beginning. Along with Cold Storage's tracks. I'm reading Wipeout 1 reviews back from '95 and they say, that there were licensed tracks. I'm looking at the box of my Wipeout 1 (non-platinum edition), and there's a sticker saying 'Music by The Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, Orbital + Kel Solaar's logo).

G'Kyl
5th February 2005, 02:03 PM
.. and maybe a shot of Red Bull if i had any? what does that stuff taste like, anyway?

Bit like a mixture of chewing gum and candy, really. Only it's liquid. ;)

well here in sweden they taste bitter

What?! How can they make it bitter? Don't these sorts of drinks taste the same all over the world? I mean, I know they adjust certain products according to mainstream preferences of the countries they are released in, but then I figured they would also want the same taste for a product you can buy all over the world. The latter, I heard, is better for image reasons. Or maybe Red Bull isn't as much about taste as it is about reaction time. ;)

Ben

stin
5th February 2005, 04:37 PM
well here in sweden they taste bitter

What?! How can they make it bitter? Don't these sorts of drinks taste the same all over the world? I mean, I know they adjust certain products according to mainstream preferences of the countries they are released in, but then I figured they would also want the same taste for a product you can buy all over the world. The latter, I heard, is better for image reasons. Or maybe Red Bull isn't as much about taste as it is about reaction time. ;)

Ben

Matter of fact zargz did drink in here!!!! but I can`t remember he was saying cos eerrrmm..I`m a bit drunk at the time :oops: so hopefully zargz will tell us!

stevie :oops:

G'Kyl
5th February 2005, 05:13 PM
If zargz drinks VODKA Red Bull...well...that would explain the bitterness. ;-)

stin
5th February 2005, 07:07 PM
If zargz drinks VODKA Red Bull...well...that would explain the bitterness. ;-)

Apparently he DID!! LOL! at Vodka bar in Edinburgh (Embra! :wink: ) which he drunk a pitcher called Vodka Red Bull! :o

stevie :D