PDA

View Full Version : Mpa!

slow-train
28th April 2011, 10:20 PM
Is it just me! or has anyone else came to realize in this past week. that they have developed a serious addiction to wipeouthd multiplayer online racing??? i reckon i must try about 20 times a day to login to psn lol
anyway i dont know the correct name for this condition so im calling it multi player addiction or MPA :dizzy
for me its a case of wanting what i cant have
any comments on how some of you hardcore online racers feel?
also i must add that i have been playing wipeouthd online since october 2008,so its not like its a new fad for me!

blackwiggle
29th April 2011, 02:45 AM
I forget where, [probably in either the WO3 or 2097 sections] somebody posted how it was possible for two people with PC's running emulation software to play online multiplayer of the old wipeouts.
You both need a copy of the same games obviously.
You appear as two player spilt screen on each others screens, sort of like the old LINK cable set up's of back then, but each player is online instead of in the same room.
It wasn't posted that long ago, a few months tops.

greenymac
29th April 2011, 03:00 AM
Yeah, Im definitely missing multiplayer, but in the meantime Ive been doig tracks over and over on phantom elite, especially theones i dont like. Hoping when PSN comes back online I will have improved another notch or two.

ID_7of9
29th April 2011, 07:54 AM
Is it just me! or has anyone else came to realize in this past week. that they have developed a serious addiction to wipeouthd multiplayer online racing??? i reckon i must try about 20 times a day to login to psn lol
anyway i dont know the correct name for this condition so im calling it multi player addiction or MPA :dizzy
for me its a case of wanting what i cant have
any comments on how some of you hardcore online racers feel?
also i must add that i have been playing wipeouthd online since october 2008,so its not like its a new fad for me!

Hi slowie, you know me since the beginning ;) I still claim, i am no gamer, am just a pilot. 8) I love online races, i need (!) online races, its like a kind of sport. All the many different feelings during and after a good race... WipEout is not only just a game!. :g

I started playing WipEout a year ago, and you know i never played on ps3 any other game before, i think i told you. I was playing it online EVERY DAY. :nod After reaching level 101 i reduced online playing, but i kept on racing daily. During this psn outage, i made my second WO Platinum on my second account. Is this a sign of addiction? lol I know, i will play WO as long as i am able to play it online and I am looking forward :twisted to our next online races!! :hyper

slow-train
29th April 2011, 08:07 AM
lol 7 i know your gonna totally plasma my ass on our first race n well done for getting your 2nd plat :rock

Colonel
29th April 2011, 12:01 PM
Quite glad of the break to be honest, it's given me a chance to nail racebox. Although I am looking forward to a mammoth celebratory online session when PSN returns.

greenymac
29th April 2011, 12:35 PM
Agrees with the colonel. I only started playing last month and I've been going hard on it since I started trying to improve. When online comes back we'll see just how much Ive improved...

ion harvest
29th April 2011, 01:29 PM
No practicing here. I have been working and enjoying the sun we have been getting here in old blighty. burnt back of my neck. I don't care. Its SUN SUN SUN. And its FUN FUN FUN.

I haven't played in weeks now. Not missing it much but at night sometimes I want to play online and can't bcuz PSN lol. Its a little bit annoying but there's always beer and friends around ti help pass some time.

I hear PSN plans on going active on May 3rd now. And that they are actually planning to compensate 77m users in some way. I also hear Sony are facing a 1.5bn US fine? Wow

greenymac
29th April 2011, 01:31 PM
I think 1.5 billion is actually getting off easy considering they allowed over 70 million peoples personal details to be compromised...

ion harvest
29th April 2011, 01:36 PM
I would be happy with a premium theme and 3months free membership to Playstation + ... Sound good? :D

greenymac
29th April 2011, 02:00 PM
I already have psn plus...

Constrictor
29th April 2011, 04:20 PM
Quite glad of the break to be honest, it's given me a chance to nail racebox. [..]

:g Racebox FTW!

rdmx
29th April 2011, 06:13 PM
I forget where, [probably in either the WO3 or 2097 sections] somebody posted how it was possible for two people with PC's running emulation software to play online multiplayer of the old wipeouts.
You both need a copy of the same games obviously.
You appear as two player spilt screen on each others screens, sort of like the old LINK cable set up's of back then, but each player is online instead of in the same room.
It wasn't posted that long ago, a few months tops.
Hiyo,
It was over here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7990
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSktTehbGVA
We managed to get wo64 working fairly smoothly albeit sans sound (from canada to australia!!!) but wo3 was a flop and desyncd fairly badly.
Was a good proof of concept though ;)

slow-train
29th April 2011, 08:41 PM
No practicing here. I have been working and enjoying the sun we have been getting here in old blighty. burnt back of my neck. I don't care. Its SUN SUN SUN. And its FUN FUN FUN.

I haven't played in weeks now. Not missing it much but at night sometimes I want to play online and can't bcuz PSN lol. Its a little bit annoying but there's always beer and friends around ti help pass some time.

I hear PSN plans on going active on May 3rd now. And that they are actually planning to compensate 77m users in some way. I also hear Sony are facing a 1.5bn US fine? Wow

seems a bit xtreem,n why should america benefit when the whole world was affected?
anyway this has somehow moved of topic! cmon dudes just admit you are missing online racing or just dont post:brickwall

Aeralys
5th May 2011, 01:47 AM
The lack of online didn't hit me at first because I bought Mortal Kombat to mess about on, though having to play that game offline too wore it out quickly.

I'm beginning to miss the Wipeout multiplayer fun now. Also I'm annoyed beacuse about half an hour ago I got a speed lap record of 22:93 on Anulpha Pass (Forward, Rapier), and I can't sync it!

Ah well, back to Racebox. :P

icarasDragon
5th May 2011, 07:07 AM
I've grown a bit further out from MPA at the moment. It's a bit hard to get re-addicted when the only people you can split-screen with haven't really played WipEout (Too much easy meat :twisted )

Oryx Crake
5th May 2011, 01:25 PM
I miss online racing so much that I find it hard to even bother playing offline these days... It's kind of like... I cant get motivated and I need the adrenaline associated with racing tough opponents where a loss is so much more bitter and a win is so much sweeter. I think DP said it in the "cant connect???" thread that he hasn't really played wo since psn went offline and I am the same way. I think I might have lost a bit of my edge even XD so all you raceboxers go easy on me when we get back online again ^^;

greenymac
5th May 2011, 02:38 PM
I also am not amused by the cpu opponents and would rather race real opponents, but the fact that I haven't been playing for terribly long means I can't let off the gas if I want to continue to actually improve. I dont care for racebox, but it is a tool necessary to achieve my goal of continuing to improve... You guys have the experience edge on me always, but I'm working on it... Can't wait to get online now...Im chomping at the bit...:mr-t

slow-train
5th May 2011, 04:06 PM
hope the records do sync when its all back up and running! 56 zico laps and i finally managed the double br on the bridge,new pb :)

Aeroracer
5th May 2011, 05:53 PM
the double br on te bridge is one of the hardest in the game..wouldnt even hav a clue how to do one never mind doing one..

how do you do it..where do you aim ...pullup ..nose down etc..

xtriko
5th May 2011, 07:53 PM
almost 3 years later, ppl are still fighting zico... poor guy. I don't even remember when i did that trophy but i believe it was... maybe october or november 2008... not sure. it was one of the most happy trophy moments that i had ;)

MegaGeeza22
5th May 2011, 08:30 PM
Im not addicted to gaming but im addicted to the free messaging service... thats all i really use. but now i have to email or text :frown:
I believe sony will say something tomorrow and psn will be back online by sunday...
I can feel it.

slow-train
5th May 2011, 09:19 PM
the double br on te bridge is one of the hardest in the game..wouldnt even hav a clue how to do one never mind doing one..

how do you do it..where do you aim ...pullup ..nose down etc..

i just pull up and try to land the back end of the ship on the very edge of the right hand side of the bridge,it takes about 0.25 seconds of your lap time lol
i wonder if sudio liverpool ever imagined the likes of texas and jf,and how they can manipulate there ships into doing these crazy brs :dizzy

Aeroracer
6th May 2011, 12:32 AM
its amazing tbh what some players have invented by way of techniques
zioc challenge isnt as hard as it was as there are many ways to beat it now..
i wonder if zico could do one of our challenges..he would definatley be impressed with the standard of play from many of the great players here..:)

blackwiggle
6th May 2011, 07:31 AM
I heard /read that online is going to be down for around a month all up since they found that other Sony sites were compromised as well. :frown:

Did anybody read the disclosure that Sony didn't even have a Firewall, and that one of their techs had notified them of the problem and organized a hearing about it but nobody attended, how slack is that.
Found the link.
http://www.psu.com/news/11558?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PlayStation-Universe+%28PlayStation+Universe%29

While this down time is a total PITA, once it's back up again it might get the online boards full again, well at least for a while. :rock

MegaGeeza22
6th May 2011, 07:54 AM
A Month? thats not what the Sony?s Chairman, President and CEO said a few hours ago in a press conference....
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/05/06/howard-stringer-addresses-the-masses/
its in the final stages and should be up within the next few days...
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/05/06/psn-in-final-stages-of-testing/

blackwiggle
6th May 2011, 08:31 AM
In third week , heading into 4th seems pretty close to a month to me.:P

MegaGeeza22
6th May 2011, 08:41 AM
LOL, i was going to post those links anyway but when i read your post i thought you meant another month...
So you are right lol, it will soon be a month.

ID_7of9
6th May 2011, 12:32 PM
psn is down since 2 weeks and 2 days to be precise, would say, thats just a half (!) month. :) Sony is testing now, maybe the can bring psn up on sunday, provided everything is ok. I think, they will wait till monday. Thats my prognosis. We will see. I didnt play for a while now, maybe i should keep on this way? lol

greenymac
6th May 2011, 12:38 PM
I've been patient, but this is past an annoyance now...

slow-train
6th May 2011, 04:11 PM
i miss the drunken video chat sessions on psn almost as much as the gameplay! guys like kigo and vinny monster have me almost pi-- ing myself with laughter! wipeout community are mostly a decent bunch of blokes! so cmon sony,shake a leg :beer