PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyoe that could stream avalon live?

greenymac
8th April 2011, 02:10 PM
I dont have the equipment to do so, but that seems like a great idea if someone is up for it. I frequent a video game chat where I hang with most of my gaming friends and theyd definitely watch....

icarasDragon
8th April 2011, 03:16 PM
A weird livestream/capture card hook?
Don't know how else to do it

greenymac
8th April 2011, 03:26 PM
I could ask my friends in the chat what they use to record.... They usually put their streams on justin.tv or ustream. I think some people have used dazzle? or some other program...will check and repost ASAP.

Challenger #001
8th April 2011, 03:26 PM
I think SaturnReturn did it once?

greenymac
8th April 2011, 03:28 PM
Maybe he'll see this thread and reply before tomorrow.

OBH
8th April 2011, 04:16 PM
Only ever seen this happen twice, and one race I was involved in so I couldn't watch it!!

Not sure if many people have the equipment required in order to do it.

Oryx Crake
8th April 2011, 04:24 PM
hauppage should be able to stream right?

greenymac
8th April 2011, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure oryx, I'm not familiar with it.

SaturnReturn
8th April 2011, 08:56 PM
I did it for my race against KGB1971 in the Avalon Cup. (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=183153) The worst thing about it was the amount of heat in my room from running my laptop almost into the ground while it did the encoding on the fly, while also having the PS3 on and a Samsung LCD TV that gets hotter than my radiator. Not really keen on doing it again considering the quality issues. I have a much better net connection now and could probably do it in better quality - but last time it was already too much for some of those watching and didn't buffer too well. I was doing it on justin.tv.

Then who was the other one? I think it was one of the Japanese guys - maybe reach-big7? I think he may have done it in 720p too.

So yeah, it's possible - but I'm not sure it's really worth all the effort for an Avalon event considering it's not really a competition and it's casual without fixed times etc. Although I have to admit I was pretty chuffed with myself when I did finally get it working.:g

If you want to see the recorded version of the stream then it seems to still be accessible here:
http://www.justin.tv/sr_wz/b/271813051

password: wipeoutzone

greenymac
8th April 2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah saturn, my samsung puts off crazy heat. But with all that other stuff running too I bet you were damn near sizzling...lol. anyways thanks for clearing it up. It does sound like a lot of aggravation for something that isn't "official".

Dark_Phantom_89
8th April 2011, 09:40 PM
There's always videos that can be made. Sure it's not live, but at least it's better than nothing.

I'll whip out my camcorder and try and film a few.

NCR_Assassin
10th April 2011, 03:36 AM
this might work its not as good as saturns recording but it would be a way to stream
tell me what you think
http://j-tv.me/etHHX9

Flint Fandango
11th April 2011, 05:29 PM
Generally not bad. It works, but it would be much better with sound.
Furthermore, the zooming (in/out) confused me a little, and it takes ages until the viewers can see what they´re interested in: The race itself.
No offence, but I wanted to be honest. Nevertheless, I find it commendable that you took care in doing this! Thank you! :)

NCR_Assassin
11th April 2011, 07:38 PM
yeah my webcam autofocuses and about the sound my friend was next to me screaming at garrys mod so i figured it best to disable the sound lol