PDA

View Full Version : Is NGP Wipeout HD = TO HD/FURY, are they the same?

blackwiggle
28th March 2011, 12:05 PM
This has got me wondering.
If the NGP is going to be using the same DLC as the PS3 version of HD/FURY.

Then does that mean that people can play HD/Fury online with a PS3, while others play the same game online via the NGP?

Can't seem to find a answer atm

greenymac
28th March 2011, 12:13 PM
I know this will sound stupid, but what is NGP?

blackwiggle
28th March 2011, 12:17 PM
Basically the new PSP2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Generation_Portable

Nutcase:259
28th March 2011, 12:21 PM
NGP just stands for Next Generation portable (psp2) thats just a code name till they actually launch the thing at some expo later on in the year.

as for the DLC thing, well you cant be sure if the game is actually coming out can we? if it does though ill imagine it'll probably be totally separate to the PS3 version, which is a shame

greenymac
28th March 2011, 12:23 PM
But what about a proper PS3 wipeout? Isnt hd just a ps3 version of a psp game? I was hoping to hear about sumthin fresh for the ps3.

Cyberio
30th March 2011, 07:06 PM
Is it confirmed that the WipEout NGP (or whatever will be its name) will be WipEout HD? I only saw a 5 seconds video showing HD in that console, maybe its only for showing the potential of the NGP (impressed me, i must say).

Maybe i'm wrong, but i hope a new WO game from the beginning (i am even thinking of buying this new one so i can play Pure too).

MaxiM
4th April 2011, 11:42 PM
I must say that this footage of Wipeout on NGP got be a bit hyped. I'm wondering what's the story here - with Liverpool down the drain I'm not sure if they'll make a new game, or will they just port HD Fury. Either way it's cool, but a new game would be outstanding... But on the other hand, training HD skills on the go wouldn't hurt.

MyNameIsBom
5th April 2011, 05:11 AM
no point of buying the NGP, the price will be nearly high as a ps3 but it would be worse then a ps3, instead go buy yourself a WipEout HD cup hoodie!! lol

leungbok
5th April 2011, 08:23 AM
Answers at E3 i guess ! ;)

kanar
5th April 2011, 10:29 AM
I heard the ngp could be delayed for obvious reasons in our territories btw. Regarding this "new" wipeout, as you said Leung maybe we'll have more infos during the E3 if the game is presented. Tbh I'm not worried too much regarding additional content, I'm sure they won't disappoint us. I'm more worried about the mario kart glitches. I really hope some people involved in the development are aware of the well known glitches, and just wiped them out in the ngp code. Also I really would like to see an automatic ghost upload option (same as gran turismo). I don't understand why it hasn't been implemented before. + Fingers crossed for beta-testing, please guys don't hire cheeky monkeys this time. Ok ok it's mean I'm sorry, but seriously they missed OBVIOUS stuffs last time.

Arh yeah & I'm dreaming of an HD update by the same time, wth a single online environment for both versions but I presume it's asking way too much.

MrSmadSmartAlex
5th April 2011, 03:45 PM
Isnt hd just a ps3 version of a psp game?

Just??? It's an inferior port of two awesome PSP games. :D:D:D

Sausehuhn
6th April 2011, 02:46 PM
Indeed it is :D

But, seriously, IMO it’s a bit too much to convert a PSP-game to PS3 and back to a portable console without any new tracks to race on …

MaxiM
7th April 2011, 11:20 AM
Just??? It's an inferior port of two awesome PSP games. :D:D:D
You really think so, or you're just kidding? I'm serious. I don't know enough about Pure and HD to catch the joke or to agree with you, so I'm curious.

Temet
7th April 2011, 12:29 PM
He's not joking!
That's just the truth buddy ;)

kaori
7th April 2011, 06:50 PM
Yes it's the truth !

KGB
7th April 2011, 07:03 PM
Just read this. Doesn't give much away.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2011/04/06/rumor-water-sony-employee-drops-bomb-reveal-the-companys-entire-e32011-plans/

blackwiggle
7th April 2011, 11:29 PM
It's been reported that the NGP will only be released in Japan initially, and the rest of the world won't get their hands on it until around Xmas.
I'm not sure why this is, either because of the earthquake/Tsunami, or the less than warm response the NGP has got at gaming forums discussing the proposed pricing.
I know Australian/New Zealand has been put back, release has now been slated for early 2012

MaxiM
8th April 2011, 01:39 AM
Yes it's the truth !
But why is that? Why do you guys think it's inferior?

And the spilled Sony plans for E3 look juicy!

MrSmadSmartAlex
8th April 2011, 05:15 PM
I do jokingly exaggerate about WOHD, but I'm basically serious, yes.
Reasons I consider it inferior:
- It's slower than Pulse.
- It has many game-breaking glitches.
- While I appreciate the tactical side of weapons-on races and the increased hectic feeling, the weapons in WOHD are just ridiculously overpowered, both in terms of damage and especially speed loss. One hit, and the race is pretty much over, and that's just :turd considering that what you pick up is pure luck.
- Worst physics in the series IMO (aside from Fusion); not much of a feeling of flying, and way too bouncy, as if the ship's attached to a spring on wheels or something. :lol
- Not a particularly great track selection for me; many great tracks missing (e.g. the almighty Citta Nuova and Gemini Dam! :pirate) and some included that I really don't like (e.g. Talon's Craption, Vineta K).
- Well... it's just too flashy, and not dark and raw enough for my liking. :D

Don't get me wrong though, it's still a great game and I have huge respect for the top players. But I don't see what it does better than the PSP games, aside from resolution and maybe framerate.
So I doubt I'd buy an NGP just for a handheld WOHD. I'd get it if I bought the system for some other game(s) though. ;)

Cyberio
8th April 2011, 06:10 PM
I agree with the power of the weapons.

Specially in Hard mode Phantom Class, if you get shot, you lose 4 positions (i was going first, and some missile made me ending 5th, 6th or worse.

MaxiM
9th April 2011, 01:55 AM
When it comes to weapons I know what you mean. Rockets and bombs-in-your-face being the worst offenders for me, when I get slowed down almost to a grinding halt :/

There's a good chance I'll get PSP2 anyway, so might as well pick up this WO game while I'm at it ;]

ion harvest
10th April 2011, 08:53 AM
Weapons don't slow u down that much if you have learned how to recover from hits. I used to hate weapons and now I just love them.

Psp-NGP is over rated I think. We need 3D without he glasses and no ports please. SONY listen up you silly people "WE DON'T WANT A PORT YOU MASONS"

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th April 2011, 10:33 AM
"if you have learned how to recover"? :lol
Nonsense, and patronising "you just don't know how to play yet" kind of comments won't change that. The sideshift trick that you're talking about barely helps with weapons hits, if at all. The weapons slow you down enough that one hit can easily end a race, unless the player hit is much more skilled than the others, and that's crap for a racing game (and it is a racing game, even if it also has combat, because the winner is the one who finishes first). So they're overpowered. :D

ion harvest
10th April 2011, 12:58 PM
Really now? LOL. Whatever man. I can recover fast from weapon hits. That's all I know. I don't want to enter a argument with u or anything. I might say something that can ban me. It already happened once because I couldent control myself.

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th April 2011, 01:49 PM
Again, you say you can, but you don't say how. If you'd care to share and/or demonstrate this secret technique that you "just know" and that's escaped even the fastest players, I guess I'll stand corrected on that point. But until then, it looks like you're just bragging about nothing. ;)

leungbok
10th April 2011, 04:11 PM
Maybe using a piranha or a triakis helps to recover fast after a weapon hit (maybe lag also helps :D), but i don't know any other "technic" that helps (sideshifting after a weapon's hit helps to avoid falling of the tracks at some places but not to restart quickly).
All depends what you call "recover fast", if it's more than a second, it's slow ;)

FirstDave
10th April 2011, 04:13 PM
I agree as 1 second can seem like an eternaty when you just want to get on the case.:g

MrSmadSmartAlex
10th April 2011, 04:18 PM
Haha yep. If the ship goes unresponsive for even a second, time slows down while you're hammering the buttons "Come on ****! Move! :bomb". :lol

FirstDave
10th April 2011, 04:30 PM
Haha yep. If the ship goes unresponsive for even a second, time slows down while you're hammering the buttons "Come on ****! Move! :bomb". :lol

Good ! Not just me then ;)

slow-train
10th April 2011, 07:11 PM
Good ! Not just me then ;)

for me the worst weapons are when your heading for a new personal best,n do a br into some slow fekers bomb!!! that really grinds my gears grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:brickwall

SaturnReturn
10th April 2011, 07:17 PM
Let's try to keep on topic folks.

And also, can people re-read the forum rules about quotes as well:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Thanks

slow-train
10th April 2011, 09:13 PM
i think we went of topic on page 2,n now we are just bitchin about how ridiculous the weapons are on hd! but thats conversations evolve n how friendships are made ; )

Aeroracer
10th April 2011, 10:15 PM
Again, you say you can, but you don't say how. If you'd care to share and/or demonstrate this secret technique that you "just know" and that's escaped even the fastest players, I guess I'll stand corrected on that point. But until then, it looks like you're just bragging about nothing. ;)

i dont think ion is referring to a secret mythical secret but is talking general.
there multiple option on recovering from weapon hits but they all depend on what hit you and whats happeneing

like sideshift could be used to save you from falling off the track it could be used to hit a pad you were close too when you were shot
you could sideshift into an oppoonets way and get rammed and slow him down
you could use a turbo or auto pilot to get yourself moving again

i think thats the type of things he may have been talking about .

as for ngp wipeout..cant see the point of porting over a near dead game already years old without something of a overhaul...i wouldnt be one bit tempted to spend money for this..hopefully they will add new content and fine tune racing engine and take out all those annoying glitchs.will have to wait and see what happens

ion harvest
10th April 2011, 10:45 PM
Thank u Jasmin-Jade. What u wrote is all true. :)

I have permission from Ace to tell u all about rocket and missile hits and the recovery method number 1.

When u get hit by missile or rocket just at the moment it about to hit you have to angle your ship left slightly (or right) then Side Shift Right (or left) then straighten out and keep going. This method will make your ship lose much less speed and you will get PSN messages calling u a cheat or glitcher :D

Try it yourself. Once u got this method down you will be well pleased.

Courtesy of the AirLicker Group. XD

Ps. Sorry for offtopic. It won't happen again.

UB3R~JKP
10th April 2011, 11:14 PM
Wait, that's a secret technique? I done that for the lolz.

ion harvest
10th April 2011, 11:43 PM
Hehe. I might too now XD

UB3R~JKP
10th April 2011, 11:45 PM
:D I just always imagined that It would somehow kickstart the engine XD

ion harvest
11th April 2011, 11:15 AM
I never said it would do that. :)

On the topic. If we get a new wipeout for ps3 then who would still want NGP and hd fury anyway! NGP is going to do badly I think. Nothing fresh or new just ports lol. The should have called it PS3Portable becuz that is what it is.

MyNameIsBom
21st April 2011, 02:39 AM
I never said it would do that. :)

On the topic. If we get a new wipeout for ps3 then who would still want NGP and hd fury anyway! NGP is going to do badly I think. Nothing fresh or new just ports lol. The should have called it PS3Portable becuz that is what it is.

Yeah with badder graphics and alot more chance of crashing?

EDIT: Lets just hope they bring Blue Ridge and Outpost 7 OR Platinum Rush Back i loved those tracks :)

Temet
27th April 2011, 10:43 PM
I strongly hope NOT !!!

I want new tracks for god sake!
I loved so much Gare d'Europa or Phenitia Park... but I don't want them again. I want new tracks, I NEED to discover.
And please... not only 8 tracks ok... we're not in 20th century anymore ;)