PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial anyone?

Autechom
25th March 2011, 12:56 PM
I know, the Speedlap challenge of HD is dead. And surely more people play HD than WO 3. But nevertheless:
Is anyone interested in a little timetrial-battle?
This could work like the speedlap challenge. With the differnce os proofing the time one achieved...via upload or sth...?! Just a thought. This could be on a weekly basis as well, or depending on how many people will (not) participate something on a "personal" level. So, if there are only 1-2 guys interested we could directly communicate via email. Well, we´ll say about that. Before going more into detail, I just wait and see, if anyone is interested...

Tomahawk
25th March 2011, 01:00 PM
3SE is my favourite game from the WipEout series so I'm interested in a TT challenge. I don't know if I can provide a real challenge to you though because I don't have very much time to play video games right now, but I'll participate for sure if something like you suggested is started here.

Autechom
25th March 2011, 01:08 PM
Uh, don´t bother about the competition. Just relaxed, for fun and maybe a little more motivation while playing cause you can compare to more than only your own stats. So, happy you posted.
I would suggest:
1.It doesn´t matter which craft you choose. Anyone as he pleases.
2.Focus on one track for the duration of..let´s say, 1 week. But depending on how much time is left for playing, 2 weeks or something. No stress.
3.We post our time here and a link to a screenshot of the time. I would start an excelfile with name of pilot,team,track and time. To have an overview.

Any further suggestions? Go!

Ok then, maybe we should wait 1 day for further resonance and then see, what makes sense : )

JABBERJAW
25th March 2011, 08:45 PM
full tt time, or lap time? Sounds fun. Give a little time before starting, to get the wipeout 2 players out of hiding.

Medusa
26th March 2011, 12:13 AM
:D I don't have lots of time to devote to it, and I've got a TV compatibility problem right now with PAL games...but maybe in a month I could get that sorted out.
It's Special Edition after all :)

Flint Fandango
26th March 2011, 11:25 AM
Interesting idea, so far!
Unfortunately I had less time to practice, so it would be a desaster if I would join a TT competition at the moment. :|
Nevertheless a pretty good suggestion, I´m sure you´ll gather some great F7200 pilots for this happening!

Tomahawk
27th March 2011, 10:36 AM
Flint, that's how I learned to fly the first WipEout properly, by just joining in TT or similar events like this one. Don't be shy or afraid, instead be happy that life is giving you a great chance to improve your 3SE skills.

I wonder why there haven't been any replies from stin, infox, G'Kyl, Asayyeah or supesocks to this topic yet. You guys are all playing 3SE, I know it, so come out of your hiding-places and join the fun! :P

@Autechom
I'd like to throw in some thoughts I had on that challenge:

1. If we don't specify on a single ship or at least a limited range of ships (like all ships with speed 3 or something) I guess that everyone will simply fly Icaras since that is definately the fastest ship on any track in 3SE.

2. Since 3SE is full of shortcuts we might want to decide if the challenge is going to be a stick-2-track (meaning that no shortcuts of any kind are allowed) or open-range (all shortcuts allowed).

3. I suggest that the rules for our WZ records tables apply to this challenge. This way we can all enter the times we achieved into our tables and make them last for eternity ;)

4. The speed class should be specified too I think. Otherwise you'll be doing phantom class while lazy me is racing on venom class at the same time...

JABBERJAW
27th March 2011, 01:18 PM
maybe some of the challenges with any ship, others with specific ships, speed classes, some single laps, some full races. I personally don't want any stick 2 trax, If I wanted that, I would play fusion :)

Flint Fandango
28th March 2011, 08:35 AM
@Tomahawk: Well, you´ve seen my skills in "Pulse" a few weeks ago...:frown: No big deal.
But seriously, maybe I should give it a try?! At least it is a chance, although I´m not as skilled as the other "competitors".
The first thing I have to do, is to examine the quality of my webcam - I never recorded a race before. :| I deeply hope it is adequate.
Another problem could be Phantom class: This would be rough for me, but we´ll see about that...

Autechom
28th March 2011, 09:03 AM
First: It is of course not necesaary to record th race. Just a photo you take of your TV to show the time in the stats-menu. Or we agree to trust each other^^. Well, we could start with slower racing classes. Why not?
I as well, wouldn´t mind, a period of time to gt into the game again a bit more and therefore start with he slower classes. Hope that´s fine for everyone.
Well, I personally would prefer the time of a whole run, not just one lap. Other opinions?
Then someone determines the:
a)track
b)craft/team
c)speed class (except phantom for the first weeks)
d)Does anyone mind shortcuts? If no, then everything is allowed.

About the records: I haven´t used the WZ records table. I haven´t seen any names of piltos, just statistic of countries or top 10 players. Enlighten me : )
What is "imortant" to me is, that the participants have the possibility to compare their times with everyone else in this thread. So that is not just a comparism with some names in worldwide statsitic but that a certain personalized contest takes place, which is, more motivating. So that I just see: Hm..Flint did this time..man, I will try to do it better...and that a kind of ping-pong effect takes place and we can motivate each other to try again. Something like that.

Your thoughts/ideas about collecting the times we accomplished?

JABBERJAW
28th March 2011, 12:19 PM
someone should record all the times, post them here maybe, maybe get them by pm, so the thread isn't cluttered with individual times? I like the entire race time far better than laps. Shortcuts, I would like to be allowed, but everyone should know where they are. They are small anyway. If we get records then, we can record into wipeoutzone.

go to the records section, then choose wipeout 3se to find the individual times.

stin
28th March 2011, 04:49 PM
Honestly, I was tempting to play Time Trial but I has had not touched any games for nearly two months, because, I am now more focus on golf. I worked really hard to get there or to where I was but I will need to lose weight as well and I had lost well over 7 kilos since January and I`m very pleased with my progress.

So, I`m struggling to play TT:|, sorry about that.

stevie:paperbag

Tomahawk
31st March 2011, 07:32 AM
Stevie, no problem! It would be nice to have you on board when the 3SE TT challenge will start, but I know how much golf sports means to you and if you've got no time to spare then it's really no drama. Maybe we should ask Ralf to come over to scotland and help you training? But as far as I know his handicap from 46 hasn't changed much to the better within the last few years. ;)

For our TT challenge I suggest doing something similar like Asayyeah did with WipEout Pure. Have a look at this thread:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3475&highlight=weekly

That challenge was about doing full races and lap times on varying tracks. The tracks and speed classes were set by different contenders every week.

Autechom
31st March 2011, 08:08 AM
Okay, then. Just let´s start and see what happens.
The first one who starts...well,starts^^ Just post your time,lap time, craft and track. Let´s focus on the 2 slower speed classes the first weeks.
It ends on Saturday, 18 o´clock, GMT. Until then, when you have your time, don´t hold back and post,post, so that others are hopefully encouraged to do better.And then next week another guy decides the new challenge.
So then, we just trsut each other like in the other thread? For me it´s fine.
I will, however, prepare an excel-file and type down your names, the challenges and the best time everybody reached. And from time to time, I send it to you if you wish.

Is that okay so far? If yes, don´t answer with yes, answer with the first entry : )

JABBERJAW
31st March 2011, 12:20 PM
what track? speed? :) Otherwise I'll have to enter my ls105 or ls106 time

Flint Fandango
31st March 2011, 08:05 PM
Sorry to interrupt the challenge with my post, but I can´t participate.
I had not enough time to practice properly, but I´ll watch your TT competition! My results wouldn´t be so significantly anyway. ;)
Another problem is my old TV. It runs well, but when I insert W3O into the PS2, the screen flickers so much, I would risk to damage my eyes and nervous system. :brickwall
I don´t know why this problem exists, nor could I fix it myself...so there´s no way for me to join in. Sad but true. I´m sorry!