PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Moments in WOHD

MetaKraken
21st March 2011, 12:43 AM
Just like KGB's thread, except this is the opposite of the best moments in WOHD. My worst, if not awful moments in WOHD is that opponents, during campaign mode, keeps attacking me for no apparent reason, left and right, as if they're wanting me to not win at all! It's as if they just pick on me just for fun rather than attacking each other. :bomb

What are your bad, if not worst, moments you had in WOHD?

MyNameIsBom
21st March 2011, 04:23 AM
Well my bad times was on Sebenco Climb (Don't like that track much) and Chenghou Project..

Sebenco climb: Ok so I was ahead of the AI by about 2.1 seconds (Thanks HellfireWZ for your awesome tutorials!!!) I had a boost, so I kept it to the top just before the decent down the hill, I boosted I forgot to pitch my nose down and *sigh* my ship (Goteki) slammed on top of the arch of the tunnel's entrance as the ship falls down I *accidentally* did a barrel roll and landed with the ship wrong way up... :brickwall I was hoping to get a boost of that BR but mange to loose 5 seconds in the race. and I came 6th.. 2 AIs were killed in the previous laps, by me lol.

Chenghou Project: Oh I hated that moment, I Was ahead by 1.8 seconds just before the hairpin turn (OMG I perfectly cleared that turn :O) I got a boost, I was planning to use it just before the double platform, but things didn't turn out well. I was attempting to get on the ramp bit.. So I boosted just before the platforms and BR wayyy too late so I ending up having an upside down Goteki stuck on the ramp and it took so long to respawn me, what's worst was that a missle came and hit me.. it ended my hopes of winning right there.. because I blew up

I really want to tell the Modesto Hieghts Incident... it is really embarrassing

Autechom
21st March 2011, 09:18 AM
I like it when I steer through a bend and then another craft manages to get beneath mine and I get off track cause the craft functions like a ramp. Race over.

Chenghou Project-Phantom-Elite. I once chose to use an autopilot in the bend before the tunnel. Well, due to the autopilot my craft flew not through the tunnel but crashed into it.

And I like doing BRs by accident when playing Zone.

greenymac
21st March 2011, 06:50 PM
Well, I jnust started playing last week so i decided to go online and see if the community was still active...I joined a race and did ok on chenghou project4th out 6th but hey it was my first race. Then the same track in reverse was chosen... I had never even raced it.. Threw my brain for a loop in a major way. i crashed into every wall possible and didnt even finish the race. That one stung.

Xpand
21st March 2011, 07:28 PM
Been there! :nod
My worst moment is when I raced modesto reverse! Wow, that was annoying! I was used to Pure's version of the track, I just got disorientated!

Rennfisch
21st March 2011, 09:39 PM
It is unbelievable from where you can fall from sol2. :brickwall

Venom till Phantom, it doesn't matter to me. Last time I was racing this track, I was falling between the solar panels - backwards! :|

Medusa
21st March 2011, 11:49 PM
Just those times when I think I can play HD to cheer myself up, then begin playing and realize that when you haven't been practicing at all and haven't bothered to clean up your sticky-button-controllers either, this game is extremely aggravating and definitely not a method to cheer oneself up!!!!!!!
:brickwall:blarg

Or, when I get a great start from mid-pack at Chenghou and then get rammed off the track at the hairpin by multiple other crafts. That always gets my knickers in a very twisted knot.

Aeroracer
21st March 2011, 11:54 PM
my worst moment in wipeout hd will be my comeback worldcup race with my next opponent.i keep putting it off which is real dumb cos the longer i leave it the worse im getting at the game since ive stopped playing

Lightlord
22nd March 2011, 01:05 PM
Heh know the feeling I've all but retired from WOHD just constantly on GT5 Ace-flo could tell you, had a brief game of WOHD now and then and my god am I out of practice or what!

mic-dk
22nd March 2011, 01:28 PM
Or, when I get a great start from mid-pack at Chenghou and then get rammed off the track at the hairpin by multiple other crafts. That always gets my knickers in a very twisted knot.

This!
Getting punted off the track on lap one, turn 2 is extremely hard on ones underwear. Especially if you're wearing as it happens :nod

Second worst moment in WOHD is trying to pass Golgofier. He always, ALWAYS has a missile or some rockets saved, so you tag him with a missile to slow him down. Pass him while sniggering and then promptly get stopped by something nasty you get the feeling he was saving just for you... :mr-t :g

KGB
23rd March 2011, 05:15 PM
The reason why I started that other thread was because of this one (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6655).
Which is kind of the same as this :P

MetaKraken
23rd March 2011, 05:38 PM
@KGB: Oh yeah! Except it was an old version of my new one, so I don't wanna revive old threads, knowing that I could get into trouble.