PDA

View Full Version : EU Live! relase is close

Wamdue
26th February 2003, 12:29 PM
so, whos gonna get it? I know I will. Would be fun to play against any of you guys.

DJ Techno
26th February 2003, 01:18 PM
My question is to you or anybody...

What game or what is it that you are getting?
What is EU?

Thruster2097
26th February 2003, 08:25 PM
(post refering to the european release of the xbox:live! network)
nope, sorry wam, I just got a new car, and with what money I got left, I`m going to be saving hard for the PS2 network.. You wouldnt really miss much, even a chimp could kick my ass at halo!
The xbox live! sounds like a really great idea, especially now they have introduced the voice comm headset, it will inspire a whole new style of flaming... verbal assualt charges, anyone? :-?

that jokey remark actually raised quite an important question as I was typing it... does anyone know if the voice system is to be moderated in any way?

infoxicated
27th February 2003, 08:16 AM
Well.. you have to sign up and pay annually for an account, which gives you a unique ID.

AFAIK, you can choose to ignore people, so you must be able to report them too. :)

Wamdue
27th February 2003, 03:47 PM
What will the costs be for the ps2 network? I havent heard much about it lately.

I dunno what effect the voicecom will have when it comes to flaming and etc.. But Ive been very active for a long time in the counter-strike community, where voicecomm software is a must and is used everytime we play.. New guys to voicecomm tend to be a bit shy.. I think voicecomm makes it harder to flame.. takes a little guts I think.. or atleast selfconfidence, wich most flamers lack.

Spaceboy Gajo
27th February 2003, 04:21 PM
It's probably because they don't like the sound of their voice.

spaceboy gajo :)

Wiseman
27th February 2003, 08:46 PM
I don't know what Sony's plans are for Europe, but here in the States, they leave it up to the game makers.

In the US, after you buy the online-adapter($50) you can send in a coupon to get Twisted Metal Online for free, and it costs nothing to play it. Socom: US Navy Seals, after buying/renting the game (w/ headset) costs nothing to play. But, in order to play FFXI, you have to sign up for Square's online service, which costs $$$. (of course it's not available in the US yet)

I don't know what Socom is like now, but back when I rented it, people were cursing like a bunch of old sailors. A few curse words are alright, but that was ridiculous. Maybe the atmosphere has toned down now, not sure.

Also to note, Socom is for broadband only, and Twisted Metal Online restricts you to 2 players (vs mode) when on a modem. You can have up to 8 people on broadband, though.

I need to purchase Live one of these days, now that I finally have broadband. I've played it over at a friend's house once, and am preferring it's far more organized structure over Sony's.

Wamdue
27th February 2003, 08:59 PM
Yeah, the live! system does tend to be better organized. I just hope they wont charge too much for extra downloads like Splinter Cell levels etc. I´ll give you my live-id as soon as I got it :)

--edit--

well, got the kit and im online.

my gamertag is : Midwinter

add me anytime for some Moto GP (stunning game by the way!) or mechassault.

--/edit--