PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 (my word this looks good)

OBH
2nd March 2011, 09:07 AM
Fault Line Episode 1 trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/fault-line-battlefield-3/711133)
Anyone who enjoyed the pure genius of the original battlefield games should thoroughly appreciate this bad boy trailer. :nod

Apparently a single alley way in this trailer has more lighting particles than entire maps in bad company 2.

Nutcase:259
2nd March 2011, 11:57 AM
i was fairly certain that LBP2 was the last game i was gonna buy for a loooong time. but i might just get this. it looks awsome and badcompany 2 online was badass:rock

OBH
2nd March 2011, 12:23 PM
Was? You mean 'is' badass! :) Still play it religiously now!

2nd March 2011, 12:28 PM
i mean 'was' because i stupidly traded it in for f1 2010, which was rubbish :( (which i then traded in for Black ops, which was also rubbish, which ive now tradede in for LBP2 which is good)

loved it when it first came out and nobody was really sure how to fly the choppers. you'd see it fly right up high into the air and then about 20 seconds later see it exploding upside down :lol

if they added wind effects to the sniping as well as gravity that would be insane :D

OBH
2nd March 2011, 03:19 PM
Snipers do have gravity at very long distances in both BC1 and 2 :)

2nd March 2011, 03:30 PM
:lol i knew that ;) i meant if they added wind effects to the gravity, so as well as having to aim above the guy you had to move a little to the right or the left to compensate for the breeze. bit like that mission in cod 4 'all ghilied up' or something where you had to off the russian bloke from the tower.
i suppose it would make it too hard though :P:rock

apparently there using some technology they use in fifa to make the character animations look more realistic. shoot wayne rooney mod? :lol

infoxicated
3rd March 2011, 09:29 AM
Sniping is a difficult skill and I always feel that the video game representation of it is a joke.

Wind should definitely be part of the equation - if the ****ers are going to hang back and pick people off from a safe position they should at least have to fight against the wind.

rdmx
3rd March 2011, 09:46 AM
In case you didn't know, in battlefield games, the snipers aren't hitscan like they are in cod - you do need to take travel time and drop into account especially for snipers.
I think wind is pushing it for a game like bf though.

infoxicated
3rd March 2011, 12:53 PM
I think it depends on the level of realism they're going for.

That level near the beginning of CoD Modern Warfare where you're on the deck of a boat and you have to fight against the wind and the roll of the sea really gave me the impression that they were going all out for realism.

Then it descended into another cookie cutter festival of corridors, crates & trigger points. :|

I just think sniping in games is far too easy. It'd be good to have people whining about how hard it is to snipe rather than hearing people moan about snipers hanging back and going for easy kills.

Still - dragged this far enough off topic. I'll definitely take a look at Battlefield 3 if I'm bored of SOCOM 4 by then. :)