PDA

View Full Version : Killzone 3

HunterGreg8
26th February 2011, 09:48 PM
Hi everybody :) . I created this topic to identify players who bought Killzone 3. I created a clan called "WipeoutKillzoneTeam", "WKZT" for short. There are 3 members, Tug_14, Olouk and me. If you have Killzone 3 and want to join our clan, you are welcome ;) . This will allow us to make games and tournaments between clans. For information, I play sniper :rock

slimjim
26th February 2011, 10:16 PM
i have killzone 3 but im in a clan

HunterGreg8
27th February 2011, 06:45 PM
nobody else has Killzone 3 ???? :|

mdhay
27th February 2011, 06:47 PM
Maybe we have it but don't want to post it. :g

HunterGreg8
27th February 2011, 06:52 PM
Yes. I think people do not want to post lol . But if I can find no other person, I dissolved my clan and I'll see if I can join another. All I want is to play as a team :rock .

infoxicated
27th February 2011, 07:07 PM
I was going to get it, but changed my mind and decided to wait for SOCOM 4 to get my shooter fix. I just never got on with the way Killzone plays - too weighty for me, even in the CoD-ified Killzone 3.

I'll probably pick it up pre-owned down the line, though - the single player seemed quite good fun when I played it at the Access PlayStation event in Glasgow. Wouldn't pay full price for something so short, though.

KGB
28th February 2011, 08:12 AM
I have it but can't see myself playing online much, I find the whole thing very oppressive. Does anyone else think the menu screens leave a little to be desired? Loving single player though, better than 2 imo.

Dark_Phantom_89
28th February 2011, 08:44 AM
I've been saving up and will be picking it up today. I played the demo and thought it was pretty good. I still hate Rico though - he's a prat.

Darkdrium777
28th February 2011, 06:47 PM
^Agrees. I understand they are stuck on Helghan but he should've been court-martialed after what he's done. ****ing idiot.

mdhay
28th February 2011, 06:57 PM
Yeah, he should've.

Also, this game has reinforced my belief that Malcolm MacDowell is one of the best voice actors in existence. So awesome. :')

DJ Techno
28th February 2011, 08:18 PM
Bought it on the 21,

Beat it on the 25. Now working on the elite medal
Trooper n veteran is done.

Has a shorter beginning to ending in itself then killzone 2.

But then beating radic was bullcrap between the American n pal versions.

KGB
2nd March 2011, 04:44 PM
Finished the single player, I knew it was short, but that's taking the piss a bit I think! It's just as well I'm going to try a get Platinum on this (as it seems easy enough :twisted) so I get my money's worth, otherwise I would feel very short changed.

Asayyeah
4th March 2011, 07:30 PM
Big fan of Killzone2 with my local friend Anthony 'sleh-hd' who's joining me for our common friday multiplayer sessions, i am looking forward to play his successor. 1 month without gaming while abroad and i missed its release, luckily Anthony paid my helghast edition and his own and now i am waiting for him and his end of vacation so that we planned to start tomorrow evening around 8.30pm till no time :P .
I ve heard of bugs in multiplayer : what's your opinion guys?

Dark_Phantom_89
4th March 2011, 07:33 PM
Finished the single player, I knew it was short, but that's taking the piss a bit I think! It's just as well I'm going to try a get Platinum on this (as it seems easy enough :twisted) so I get my money's worth, otherwise I would feel very short changed.

I just finished it today and agree that it's extremely short. I did the campaign in around 4 hours. :o

The online isn't bad for the most part, though your character only starts to become useful when you upgrade stuff. I'm going down the Tactician/Engineer route myself.

KGB
4th March 2011, 08:08 PM
I just finished it on elite and it took me just a couple of sittings, quicker than I did it on normal! I can imagine fans of Killzone2 hating this as it seems a world away from the 2nd game - Not as gritty, easier game play, brighter environments, shorter! You could say it has been dumbed down for a wider market. It worked as well :D. I never liked the last one much but I love this one. It's got one mother of all battle sequences in it, it hurt my neck to do it ;). The sound coming through the speakers is mind blowing.

As for the online trophies, I managed to get 5 in one game, seems a bit cheap really but I can't complain. I should persevere with the multiplayer, still don't understand it yet. I managed to get totally pasted a few times trying to get one particular trophy, I think I went 0-10 at one point :P.

Dark_Phantom_89
4th March 2011, 08:12 PM
Yeh, the online was a bit rough for me as well at the start mainly because my weapons were completely useless and I didn't have a clue where I was going. It does get better as you learn the environments but I've got a long way to go yet.

KGB
7th March 2011, 05:49 PM
So when are we going to all play then? I need the squad trophy to get platinum as well, so can we do it or do I need to ask some random non-wipeout playing people :cold?

DJ Techno
7th March 2011, 07:07 PM
I just finished it on elite and it took me just a couple of sittings, quicker than I did it on normal! I can imagine fans of Killzone2 hating this as it seems a world away from the 2nd game - Not as gritty, easier game play, brighter environments, shorter! You could say it has been dumbed down for a wider market. It worked as well :D. I never liked the last one much but I love this one. It's got one mother of all battle sequences in it, it hurt my neck to do it ;). The sound coming through the speakers is mind blowing.

As for the online trophies, I managed to get 5 in one game, seems a bit cheap really but I can't complain. I should persevere with the multiplayer, still don't understand it yet. I managed to get totally pasted a few times trying to get one particular trophy, I think I went 0-10 at one point :P.

oh that was you getting shot. Next time, dont use the helghast. They'll get you killed

HunterGreg8
7th March 2011, 09:06 PM
Asayyeah and Anthony joined our clan, we're enough to make game clan :hyper . Can you indicate your availability to play online?
I am looking forward to the matches of clans :rock

KGB
7th March 2011, 09:23 PM
Late night and weekends for me. I am playing Medic at the moment. Though I can't heal myself at the moment, that would really come in handy ;)

slimjim
7th March 2011, 11:29 PM
that medic revive trick is annoying you kill them and they get up and knife you

mdhay
8th March 2011, 03:19 PM
Slim: Execution.

KGB, there are no blood packs. You don't need them, your health recharges to full on this one. :bomb

slimjim
9th March 2011, 12:10 AM
i know that dude but sometimes you dont have chance to lol

HunterGreg8
11th March 2011, 05:46 AM
Hey guys !!! :) Are you available tonight and/or tomorrow night ?

KGB
11th March 2011, 08:35 AM
What time? Not much chance for me before 11pm I'm afraid.

Downloaded the DLC for this as I have got into it a lot more, loving 'Operations', I just wish there were more maps for it, 3 seems a bit light.

DJ Techno
17th March 2011, 04:06 AM
didn't you download the new map packs or pay that 4.99 for them...

lol

i said pay. because i already have them. for no cost.

KANDANG
18th March 2011, 03:40 PM
i play kz3 :) invite me @ KANDANG-my

HunterGreg8
31st March 2011, 09:16 PM
Hi KANDANG, sorry I had not seen your message. I'll add you in my friends list and invite you into the clan. Besides, if you're available and want to play clan match, please tell me ;)