PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Four Nations Match

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd February 2011, 07:56 PM
This is currently a one-time event. We could always do it again depending on community interest and participation.

WipEout Four Nations Match

Seeing as we've got the rugby Six Nations competition going on at the moment, I thought it would be nice to transfer that over to WipEout and have a "Four Nations" match. So what makes this different from all of the other International Friendlies I hear you ask?

Well this is going to be a little different in that I propose having some mighty pilots from teams England, Scotland, France and Italy (we don't have a Team Wales or Ireland unfortunately, hence the "Four Nations" title) all racing together in the same match (i.e. 2v2v2v2.) Each team will have a captain who can nominate a wingman to fly with them for this one-off event.

The format will be a simple tournament style structure with all tracks forward and reverse being played as well as one Enduro chosen by each team. If nobody has any objections, I'd like to nominate myself as the captain of the England team to get things started.

Team England
Captain: Dark_Phantom_89
Co-Pilot: MrPhlanj

Team France
Captain:
Co-Pilot:

Team Italy
Captain: CHRIS_-REDFIELD
Co-Pilot: Nyxer2097/skrotos32

Team Scotland
Captain: TarquinFarqhuar
Co-Pilot: UB3R-BR3NDAGE

If anybody is interested in taking part and would like to represent one of these teams, then please post your interest in this thread. Of course, this isn'y only limited to these teams - if you'd like to start your own friendly match with other nations, then feel free. :+

Frailavi
26th February 2011, 06:30 PM
I support the idea DP! I always wanted to play a 2v2v2 or 2v2v2v2. I'd just need to find myself a partner in the US, I'm sure that can't be too hard.

Colonel
26th February 2011, 06:39 PM
Surprised there hasn't been more interest in this to be honest, I think it's a great idea.

Oryx Crake
26th February 2011, 06:52 PM
I'd actually like to do a first and invite some swedish pilot into one of these (even if we're not one of the four nations up top)

Mr Phlanj
27th February 2011, 05:36 AM
PICK ME SIR!!! PICK ME!! :D

i know im not top dog but DAMIT MAN ill give it a damn good try :g

UB3R~JKP
27th February 2011, 10:29 AM
If Tarquin accepts role as team captain I'll happily take co-pilot poistion...if he picks me :P

TarquinFarqhuar
6th March 2011, 08:02 AM
Hi all :)

I don't kno if this is still goin ahead?.. If so?, I'd be happy to take part.
So it'll be me and my trusty wing man, UB3R.
C'mon UB3R, let's sock it to em :)

p.s apologies for being such a slacker, and taking so long to get round to this.

OBH
6th March 2011, 02:11 PM
This is a damn cool idea :)
Tarquin and Uber is a pretty mean team :beer

il_mago_di_Doz
10th March 2011, 03:15 PM
I am soooo interested in this!!! :rock :pizza

Dark_Phantom_89
10th March 2011, 05:51 PM
Ok guys, let's try and get the ball rolling with this.

Phlanjee - Do you still want to fly with me for this? :g

Tarquin & UB3R - Are you still up for racing together for Scotia?

Mago - Do you want to be the captain for Team Italy in this event and choose another pilot to fly with?

Team France - Any of you guys interested?

Ace3cube
10th March 2011, 06:04 PM
Probably. We are thinking about our back :)

TarquinFarqhuar
10th March 2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah man, we're still interested! :+

il_mago_di_Doz
10th March 2011, 11:30 PM
I'll ask with my team mates, then we'll write here, but we are in for sure :rock
Not sure about who's going to race tho ;)

CHRIS REDFIELD
11th March 2011, 10:43 AM
okay I found out about this event beautiful dark your idea:)
I will be captain of the Italian national team and soon I'll tell you who will resent my companion:)

UB3R~JKP
11th March 2011, 01:29 PM
posativlydefinentlyofcourse! :D

CHRIS REDFIELD
12th March 2011, 05:56 PM
we decided my partner in this challenge will skrotos32:)

Dark_Phantom_89
12th March 2011, 06:12 PM
Nyxer2097 = skrotos??

CHRIS REDFIELD
12th March 2011, 07:44 PM
yes choice name skrotos 32 for the match

Challenger #001
20th March 2011, 12:00 PM
Damn. England wins the rugby. C'mon France and Scotland, we can take them in WipEout. :D

Dark_Phantom_89
23rd March 2011, 07:58 PM
Alright, I'd like to get this done as soon as possible, so I'm setting a deadline for this weekend. Let's try and finish it by then.

Challenger #001
18th May 2011, 05:37 PM
Anyone able to do it this weekend? I could put myself down for either Team Scotland or Team England.