here is the new controller I just made and will use for HD

sorry, crappy quality, it looks much better than that :(

yeldar2097
21st February 2011, 06:56 PM
How on earth does that work? o_O

stin
21st February 2011, 07:46 PM
LOL!, that is alot of buttons!!!!!!!:blarg

Al, how long it took you to do that job?

stevie:)

JABBERJAW
21st February 2011, 11:56 PM
About 5-6 hours of time, could cut that down, but it took while to find the home buttons's pins on the board, and I was lucky to find it at that. The rest of it was easy to find.

to the left of the big button, are left and right turn, to the right of the big button, are left and right brake.

Just to the right of the turns (dpad movement on two buttons) is ;weapon

and on the other side, three buttons over is absorb.

Two lower black buttons are pitch control.

It is at this point kinda like learning how to type for the first time. I can see that I am going to like it, BUT it is hard to remember the buttons, mainly because yeldar showed me what I was doing was all wrong :) So now I am trying to learn this thing on ONE track only. It is all sanwa parts, except that best of a button in the middle, and start and select. Also, I just figured out how to get the buttons with the lights to glow, so that was kinda cool.

Medusa
22nd February 2011, 03:26 AM
Aargh I sooo want to see you using this thing! Hope someone's filming you with it at the convention this year...since I won't be there (again).

Or, any chance you'll get an AL-PAD test video up on YouTube? :D

mic-dk
22nd February 2011, 05:22 AM
Indeed. We demand live action footage of the AL PAD (HD)!

MegaGeeza22
22nd February 2011, 06:03 AM
Nice job! but your picture pickles me?? the left and right turn are on the left and the airbrakes are on the right? but i cant see them...
you should draw a diagram for me lol!! and i agree that you should get a vid up of this contraption in action!!

JABBERJAW
22nd February 2011, 07:16 PM
The green and pink buttons are the left and right turn LT and RT. For the video, At least let me get my brain around this, it really is just like learning to type. got within 3 seconds of my chenghou reverse time last night, without a good lap. That first jump with Yeldar's technique with the new button config is hard atm.

blackwiggle
22nd February 2011, 10:46 PM
Cricky!
Looks like you've got a button for reverse and a horn as well.

JABBERJAW
22nd February 2011, 11:33 PM
the way I play (bad word), I need a horn :)

I think I might just test it on my normal route to see how it compares. I can get used to it quicker this way, then switch over

MegaGeeza22
23rd February 2011, 02:41 AM
Nice, now i get it! i thought they were L1 and R1 lol, still looks complicated though. it would take me years to learn that!

JABBERJAW
23rd February 2011, 03:14 AM
update: down to a 1:52.78, still 2.5 off my time. I am getting finger weary a little, these sanwa buttons are a little too springy, and I am not hitting brake/sideshift perfectly and making mistakes. I thimk I am going to throw on some happ microswitch buttons to get a better feel. Will probaly not play more tonight