PDA

View Full Version : WO3 Japan codes?

AG-wolf
20th February 2011, 05:13 PM
I can't be bothered to sit and play through every course on every difficulty with every team just to unlock everything. Are the team/track/etc codes different between regions? (ie: NA/EUR/JP)

JABBERJAW
20th February 2011, 06:06 PM
Eric, they should be the same as wipeout 3 special edition, and you should be able to find the codes on gamewinners.com

You are choosing the best version by far :)

http://www.gamewinners.com/playstation/Wipeout3SpecialEdition.htm

WolfKill01
28th February 2011, 05:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, what are the differences between the American and Japanese versions that make the Jap. version so mucj better:??

icarasDragon
2nd March 2011, 04:43 AM
From what I can remember you get more prototype tracks (Two NASCAR like ones, ovals etc.) and the physics have been optimised a bit more
Not sure about the physics but you DEFINITLEY get oval prototypes

SonicChaos
5th March 2011, 12:44 AM
If only Sony would Convert SE to NTSC and drop it on PSN, another of my life's goals can be checked off the list. Now if only they'd make Medievil 3, then I could die happy.

JABBERJAW
9th March 2011, 06:18 PM
there is less turbo scraping in the japanese version, and less getting sucked into the wall due to it on outside corners. Also, it is a little more forgiving (xl like) on touching a corner, not stopping you immediately in some areas with a minor clip. The weight might be slightly heavier, Icarus has one more in turning (much better), and assegai has one more in shield. It might be slightly slower because of less turbo scraping (not the speed of the game). Although Icarus is still a little faster I think because of the better turning, it is easier at least. IT just feels better, got rid of bugs. the se tracks would be great with the physics of j-wo3.

WolfKill01
12th March 2011, 04:13 AM
Looks like I'm gonna have to hunt me down a copy, now :)