PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend for gaming per day, week, etc

Rennfisch
11th February 2011, 01:49 PM
I read in a thread about someone who has played 10 to 15 hours a day and I was shocked! :eek I've never played more than three hours! My question is, if that is usual or an exception. Therefore, it would really interest me how much time do you spend for gaming per day, week, etc.

Jav
11th February 2011, 02:57 PM
More than 30 hours a week, if I'm not busy, I guess on average 4 hours a day on weekdays and a bit more in weekends.

MENGKESHI
11th February 2011, 03:01 PM
I'd say I can manage to get in about 10 hours a week - not enough booooooo!! When I was a student / unemployed bachelor however.... :pc

MegaGeeza22
11th February 2011, 03:49 PM
My ps3 is logged in 5 days a week, i use it to download alot of films and stuff.
I usually play games for 2 hours maybe more if im playing with a few friends so my average over a week is 10-15 hours of gaming! i have all the time in the world to play but i do get bored easily.. my wipeout playing time is 93 hours:twisted
10-15 hours of pure gaming a day is a bit extreme lol

mdhay
11th February 2011, 03:51 PM
Far too much. :g

Aeroracer
11th February 2011, 06:10 PM
about 4 hours aweek playing..6 hours talking...100 hours leaving ps3 on running up electricity bills and harming the enviroment..:nod

Rennfisch
11th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Phew... I'm relieved. That's more than I'm playing, but you aren't such freaks as I had thought at first moment. :g

AspenExcel
11th February 2011, 09:26 PM
At home, maybe 3-4 hours a day. Now that I'm at school, absolutely none.

blackwiggle
11th February 2011, 11:56 PM
It depends.
If I have a new game that I get into I can quite easily play it 8-10 hours none stop, like Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom, I did that for 2.5 days straight last week and Platinumed the game.
I'll probably do the same with Assassin's Creed 2 which I picked up 2nd hand on my days off.
I did many extraordinarily longer sessions[15-20 hours :redface: ] when HD first came out, just to get up to speed with the tracks as I have never played online via the PSP versions, so the tracks were basically all new to me.

Other times I can't be bothered even playing a game if I turn my PS3 on and find I have a heap of messages that need to be answered.

I am by nature a bit of a completest, I like to see that Platinum trophy sitting next to a title, so games like FFXIII will get many long sessions till completed.
Although I have a few games that need those pesky replays on extreme difficulty that I just can't bring myself to load up even though I could do it.
Nothing worse than a game that Makes you replay it multiple times to get Platinum [The first Uncharted as a case in point], you should want to play it, not forced to, it's boringly repetitive otherwise.
I sort of take offense to that practice, it seems like a cheap shot at the gamer by the developer.

Colonel
12th February 2011, 11:37 AM
I usually play around 2-3 hours each evening and maybe 5-8 hours a day at the weekends, so probably 25-35 hours a week. To be honest I'd play more if I could. :redface:

stin
12th February 2011, 11:58 AM
My average for the last five months was about 40 hours a week, weekends average 15hrs and now average 10 hours a week and declining to play real golf ;)

stevie:)

yeldar2097
13th February 2011, 11:59 PM
Anywhere from 0 to 24 hours per day... (Avalon :P)

I'm on around 6/8 hours a week at the moment but during the holidays when I'm at home it's more like 30/week...unless I get something new and my parents aren't home in which case it's somewhere in the region of 50 at times :eek
Mostly MW2 and Dead Nation followed by WOHD at present. Just got a new laptop so I'm starting on Amnesia as well :)

All in all, too much.

MetaKraken
14th February 2011, 12:19 AM
I spend my time gaming almost everyday, regardless of weeks, days and months... :redface:

DrMannevond
14th February 2011, 12:51 AM
As much as humanly possible! Steam is nice enough to keep track of how much I've played each game, and apparantly I have passed 1600 hours on Eve Online since April last year. (about 70 24h days:eek).
Throw in WipEout, Bad Company 2 and Blood Bowl and you can probably conclude that I need therapy.:D

Rennfisch
14th February 2011, 02:19 PM
@DrMannevond:OMG!! Do you eat or sleep sometimes? ;)

Autechom
14th February 2011, 02:49 PM
Still searching for a job, so for now, it might be something around 30 hours a week. Depends. Some days I donĀ“t play, on others I play eight hours. I realize that i more and more play always the same titles instead of this and that btw.

Flint Fandango
17th February 2011, 04:57 PM
My maximum is about 4 hours per day, mostly on rainy weekends or when I'm sick enough to not go to work, but healthy enough to play WO. ;)
But usually I have less time to race, which is kind of unfortunate.

DrMannevond
19th February 2011, 01:39 AM
@DrMannevond:OMG!! Do you eat or sleep sometimes? ;)

Oh yes. I frequently fall asleep with food on my lap. While gaming:)

MrSmadSmartAlex
19th February 2011, 05:27 PM
Haha, you're all hardcore! :D
I play probably 4 hours or less per week at the moment (that's total, not just Wipeout games), though I did play games a lot more when I was younger (and once did a 15 hour Wipeout Pulse session, in 2009).

MENGKESHI
22nd February 2011, 03:02 PM
Just got a new laptop so I'm starting on Amnesia as well :)

Wow, I just checked this out and it looks amazing!!! It's only a download release?

EDIT: Think I'll pick it up on Steam next time I've got some game funds, looks like Dead Space 2 is gonna have to wait, thanks for the heads up!!! :D