PDA

View Full Version : Cubis Float Challenge

Hyper Shadow
17th February 2002, 09:07 PM
Here it is, the first fusion challenge!!

This one is dedicated to you widey! I thought that I'd legitimatly beat your time from the fusion tables and now I have I thought that I would make a challenge for it.

Here goes.....

Cubis Float - Course 1
0:32.36 Piranha(1st) 91%

Post your quickest dudes hahaha :lol:

As Heaven Is Wide
17th February 2002, 09:29 PM
A challenge dedicated to me now, im so happy :smile: i look forward to trying this one (i love the cubiss float tracks)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-17 22:30 ]</font>

infoxicated
18th February 2002, 12:30 PM
Darn - I'll have to lower myself and use a Piranha for this, but I'm up for it. :smile:

As Heaven Is Wide
18th February 2002, 12:34 PM
I thought id take a break from trying to beat the imense highness of oggobs zone levels, and then i remembered about this challenge so heres my time.

Cubiss Float 1

31:32 Piranha 100%

Hyper Shadow
18th February 2002, 01:03 PM
Damn Widey, so near yet so far

31.28 Piranha(1st) 100%

I think that there is more to come (but not much a REALLY good lap might get a 30.xx)

Hyper Shadow
18th February 2002, 02:21 PM
22 laps of Cubiss Float later and I manage:

I think that is close to my limit now. Its about at this time that I wish the 24 sec bug lap wasn't there, I'd love to put that time up.

Oh, and by the way, zone mode, on this course I got to zone 29 lost control and exploded with 1.0seconds left :mad:

Zebula77
19th February 2002, 07:03 AM
Damn, I came here today thinking I was gonna blow everybody away with my 0:31:20 time. Oh well, it's back to the races then.:smile:

As Heaven Is Wide
20th February 2002, 02:27 PM
Just got 30:62, phew that was hard.

P.S just wondering but whens this gonna end anyway?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: As Heaven Is Wide on 2002-02-20 15:48 ]</font>

Confusion
20th February 2002, 06:47 PM
When can we have a Katmoda 12 Course 3 Challenge? Or a Florian Height one?

And you guys are too good on Cubiss Float... I barely manage under 33 seconds. Do you use the shortcut at all?

As Heaven Is Wide
20th February 2002, 07:31 PM
If you want a katmoda 12 course 3 challenge or florion height one then why not make one yourself here (the arena) oh and no i dont use any shortcuts on cubiss float 1 (i dont think you can on time trial mode anyway)

Zebula77
21st February 2002, 09:39 AM
The shortcut on Cubiss is near the end, right. But you need a rocket or sumthin to blow it away. Am I right?

If I am, I'm sure you can't use the short cut on time trial. I know I didn't. I got 31:08 yesterday. I'm still not best so I'll have to keep going.

As Heaven Is Wide
21st February 2002, 10:00 AM
Yep youre right and you cant use the shortcut on cubiss float 1 on time trial (i even tried ramming it away with the ship)

Zebula77
21st February 2002, 10:56 AM
Hey, I went checking the record on this track in the Wipeoutfusion.com leagues. The first place record says 0:11:82. 11 seconds!?!?!?!?!? What the fook? Is this a bug? There's no way you can get that time. Maybe if you fall off the track, and get a lucky respawn? But that would be cheating, wouldn't it. I mean, I would never post a record I got because of the (somewhat stupid) respawning. What do you guys/gals think?

As Heaven Is Wide
21st February 2002, 11:17 AM
Yep, that time is probably a mixture of the superfast cheat and a respawning bug. (they should try to find a way to get rid of things like this)

Zebula77
21st February 2002, 11:44 AM
What, you can get records using the superfast cheat? Damn, that sucks. Especially for all of us serious racers who wanna do it the right way. I'm guessing the time of 28 sumthin seconds is the best REAL time on that site, right?

Anyway, I'll try to nail your time and I'll go from there. seeya.:smile:

Hyper Shadow
21st February 2002, 01:17 PM
Dang, I'll have to start again at the weekend, I'm not having you beating me :wink:

I have no idea when this challenge will end and personally I am not going to be putting any more of my times on the Fusion board, albiet I did but up a bug time, but I think it will be very hard to sift through the true and the false times. I'll wait until the 'zone boards (or I'll just fill in the fusion time board on my site for people to look at).

Damn, hundredths of a second between victory and obscurity, this is gonna hurt.

40% of zone mode complete and only the Feisars and Songen Grey to fully upgrade :wink:

Zebula77
21st February 2002, 01:22 PM
Hey, you know how to get pilots unlocked fast?

Just upgrade the ships of the second pilots and they'll get unlocked. After that is done, downgrade the same ship and upgrade another team's second pilot. This worked for me with some of the team's pilots.

Hyper Shadow
21st February 2002, 08:07 PM
6 laps and a new lap record :lol:

30.22! Keep on trying widey!

Zebula77
22nd February 2002, 08:13 AM
Haha, got you beat!
00:30:12!
Still think there's room for improvement, though.:smile:

Zebula77
22nd February 2002, 08:49 AM
Damnit all to Hell! I tried entering the time code for this time into the leagues on wipeoutfusion.com but i can't decipher the blasted font! My code is not valid, apparently. Aaaargh! Couldn't they have used a better font? I entered my time code for the Florian 3 time and that worked, but not this one. I am rEally pissed off!:x

infoxicated
22nd February 2002, 10:57 AM
I don't think I'm anywhere near the times above. Granted I'm using an EG.R instead of a Piryawna, but I'm not sure I could match them even if I was.

Must try harder :smile:

Zebula77
22nd February 2002, 11:05 AM
Must use Pirahna.
I think on some of the twistier tracks a Van-Uber might be better? I'm not sure.

But for sheer speed, Pirahna and Miyma Tsarong can't be beat.

Hyper Shadow
22nd February 2002, 12:59 PM
I found that on this track the EG-r (and pretty much any non-Tsarong craft) was up to 2 seconds off the pace.

@Zebula: You are not going to hold that time for long little man :mad:

Zebula77
22nd February 2002, 01:29 PM
I sure hope not! I'm not going to attempt a new record unless someone beats it. So, get to it!:)

Hyper Shadow
22nd February 2002, 02:45 PM
Kudos to the time Zeb, I managed to match the 30.12 but not beat it yet. I don't intend to lose this chalenge when I am so close to the front.

Added to that the fact that I can't get close to the time in the Florion 3 challenge.

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 04:26 PM
I can't get close to the Cubiss Float challenge! Haha! :smile:

Just hit those speed pads (try and hit every single one) and don't use air brakes at all. They slow you down ever so slightly. And don't forget to use that speed power up on the big jump. Makes a HUGE difference.

Hyper Shadow
22nd February 2002, 05:23 PM
I don't use the speed up over the jump, man you doin it wrong! I hardly use the speed up (perhaps to get a bit extra speed over the start/finish line) but yo gotta angle the nose down so you don't fly and can take advantage of the speed-up pads.

Damn, now i've given away the secret people are gonna get faster.

Hyper Shadow
22nd February 2002, 05:33 PM
Just a quick note, but this challenge will be ended on the 3rd of March.

It was started on the 2nd of Feb so a good month to run will be cool, so start getting faster times, 0:30.12 is the time to beat!

I'm thinking up a new different challenge for next month so keep your eyes open!

Confusion
22nd February 2002, 09:27 PM
I've tried that. Kept on getting 37.xx seconds... then I did the big jump... and I got sub 36 second times.

I swear I could go sub 36 seconds. 35.xx is a real possibility.

Hyper Shadow
23rd February 2002, 12:39 PM
Hey, are you getting Cubiss Float mixed up with the Florion Heights challenge?

No wonder you can't get a fast time, you're doing the wrong challenge :razz:

Confusion
23rd February 2002, 06:48 PM
Best keep this to the other Florian Height challenge thread!

I'm still finding it hard to get sub 33 second times on Cubiss Float though. You guys must be demons on this track!

Hyper Shadow
25th February 2002, 09:55 AM
Errrmmm, I stuck on this one. I decided to put the infinite sheild cheat on so I could get uninterrupted racing on TT ( I race with damage sim off so it would have made no performance difference) and I managed to get a 0:30.10, though I had the cheat on the time wasn't saved, so should this stand or should the time be ignored?

Brother Laz
25th February 2002, 01:31 PM
When is respawning considered cheating or not?

When you fall off the track, does one have to restart the race (a la 'you can't get a good time anyway when you fall off the track, unless you respawn/cheat'), or when one tries to jump a corner and 'almost' makes it but it puts you on the far end of the track right away, so you don't lose any time but don't gain it either, is that considered fair?

Lance
25th February 2002, 07:37 PM
Hyper Shadow: even though you are the one who posted the challenge, you did not specify at its beginning that cheats could be used, and it is usually understood by the pilots that they will not be. changing the rules during the competition, especially near the end of the competition, would be wrong. and in any case, it's a cheat. my opinion is that the time with infinite shields or any other cheat should not be allowed. even turning off damage simulation could be considered a cheat. be sure to always specify at the beginning of a challenge exactly what will be allowed. it screws up the competition if we don't do that.

my 2 cents.
(there's been a lot of currency inflation since that phrase was invented; shouldn't we be allowed a quarter dollar now?)

infoxicated
26th February 2002, 08:52 AM
I had a few goes last night - got 31.96 lap, although I reckon I could shave a bit off of that. I never got a perfect lap, so I reckon with one and hitting all the speed pads I may get into the low 31's or high 30's.

I'd been playing zone mode beforehand and even the Piranha handles like barge in treacle compared to the zone ship! Hadn't really noticed that before.

Hyper Shadow
26th February 2002, 01:20 PM
Alrighty then, cancel that last time, I'll stick with the 30.12. Anyway, the damage simualtor is an option, not a cheat, so how is that one classified???

@infox. I've never got a perfect lap on this course, but a sweet racing line helps.

Lance
26th February 2002, 01:56 PM
it would be probably be classified the same way as weapons and number of opponents in WO3. they must be enabled and maximised for records to be valid. so this would presumably apply to damage simulation that affects the ships' abilities.

however, as long as the times are strictly for a challenge, and as long as they are not entered in a records table such as the one on wipeoutzone, we should be able to specify any conditions we want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-02-26 15:00 ]</font>

Confusion
26th February 2002, 08:13 PM
After playing Cubiss Float 1 for a while i came up with this time:

32.02 Seconds

Yes it isn't anywhere near as fast as your times but I worked damn hard to get this time so I'm gonna post it anyway. :smile:

infoxicated
26th February 2002, 08:16 PM
Nice one! :smile:

Zebula77
27th February 2002, 07:23 PM
Nice to see u guys going at it. Is 30:10 the time to beat now?

Hyper Shadow
28th February 2002, 01:02 PM
No, its not OFFICIALLY as I had used the infinite shield cheat whilst setting it, the official time is still 30.12.
But it does show that it can be beaten.

3 days to go till the challenge closes.

Zebula77
2nd March 2002, 05:43 PM
3 days??? Damn.
Well, then I will say this:
I hereby decree the winner of this challenge is Hyper Shadow.
Congratulations!

infoxicated
2nd March 2002, 08:13 PM
Nicely done - I didn't get another chance to shave some time off - concentrating on Florion 1 reverse zone at the moment. Maybe we should revisit this one in six months time when those in North America will hopefully have the game.

Be good to involve Lance, Joel and the rest :smile:

Oh... yeah... and Al... (sigh!)

Lance
2nd March 2002, 10:31 PM
:grin:
Rob we could always just give Al the 'Diamond Award' and let everyone else settle for metal.

come to think of it, Al can already participate; he's got PAL ps2 and tv, and Fusion to go with them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lance on 2002-03-02 23:38 ]</font>

infoxicated
3rd March 2002, 12:22 PM
Shhhh!

Hyper Shadow
4th March 2002, 10:24 AM
***CHALLENGE RESULTS***

1=Zebula77 | 30.12
1=Hyper Shadow | 30.12
3 As Heaven Is Wide | 30.62
4 Infoxicated | 31.96
5 Confusion | 32.02

**FASTEST LAP = 0:30.10 - Hyper Shadow***
This time was not allowed due to the activation of the Infinite Sheild cheat. However, as it was not a performance enhancing cheat (like Super fast Ships) it gets a mention as the fastest lap but not noted in the official results.

Thanks for taking part in this challenge and lets look forward to the next one.

Lance
4th March 2002, 05:08 PM
would someone please clarify these points for me, since i don't have the Fusion version of WO:

would the infinite shield prevent performance loss on the racecraft by eliminating damage simulation losses?

does damage simulation operate in time trial and zone modes?

Hyper Shadow
5th March 2002, 01:45 PM
Damage simulation is an option on the option screen, so when you play (in any mode) the ship will get visibly damaged and not lose performance. Infinite shields allows you to never die, or take visible damage. It also allows you to go forever on Zone mode without dying.

Zebula77
11th June 2002, 10:43 AM
Ok, I know this challenge's over, but I just beat the best time - 29:84.

Just had to gloat a little. :wink: