PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls! (From the producers of Demon's Souls)

DreamyElf
5th February 2011, 08:37 AM
The team behind the fantastic and unforgiving RPG, Demon's Souls, is working hard to deliver a similar game in 2011 called Dark Souls!

Fans of Xbox 360 should be happy because this time the game will be released on both platforms, PS3/Xbox 360.

For those of you haven't experienced the fantastic atmosphere of Demon's Souls i urge you to do it. It's not that hard, you need to be cautious and patient because every mistake you make is punished.

Here is 2 links with interviews and some other info including a possible future release on NGP! :)
Enjoy:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ignite-11-dark-souls/710266

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/projectdark/news.html?sid=6297337&mode=previews

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/02/04/dark-souls-qa-variety-is-the-spice-of-death/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-04-miyazaki-up-for-doing-dark-souls-ngp

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/dark-souls-gets-official-announcement?size=hd

Just listen to the final words in the first video...lol
The game is expected to be even more harder and brutal than Demon's Souls, those japanese devs are really enjoying watching us suffer... ;)

Kyonshi
5th February 2011, 10:49 AM
That's cool news. But, for the love of God and all that is remotely holy, i hope they fix the latency problem for the PvP part, if there's any. This is what kept me from continuing playing DS right away. I absolutely loved the game and how it's unforgiving. You had the feeling of accomplishment. The level design was so awesome and the character build-up incredible, this was a true AD&D type of RPG.

The idea of Blue and Black Phantoms is the most awesome concept ever implemented to such game. But when i saw i hit the opponents ten times with my Blessed Mace +5 (over 300 damage) and they don't even get a scratch, i was worried. Then when i saw the same guys backstab me and kill me in one shot (i had over 1000 HP and heavy armor on me) i simply put the game away. It mad me sad that i could not enjoy the game anymore, because it was a pure gem. Unless they try to synchronize players entering PvP mode with couple of servers, i hope they just don't do it. Peer to peer isn't good enough to enjoy the game this.

Eloï
5th February 2011, 03:39 PM
"My goal is to kill all players who think there is a safe zone in Dark Souls." The producer of the game. :+

I'm super-hyper hyped for this game. I like the design of the creatures ( armored dragon 8) ), the battles making use of the environment, the seamless open world. World seems big too, there's a lot of paths in a level according to the producer. It seems a lot less linear than demon's souls, I didn't expect a thing like that, that's hard to achieve but the team seems confident with it.

And all the good things from demon's souls may be there: true boss fights, own playstyle, lots of traps ( demon's souls hadn't a lot of it, I expect more. )... A prettier game would be nice though, but seeing the framedrops in the trailer, I'm not betting much on it. Oh well.

Oh, and I hope we can pause the game this time. :)

Something remotely reminds me of Vagrant Story in the mood of the game, that's totally personnal but I haven't seen something like that in games recently, even demon's souls didn't have that. That appeals me.

Anyway, I didn't think it'd happen one day, but I can't decide which game I wait the most between this and the next Fumito Ueda. 8)

OBH
5th February 2011, 11:18 PM
I thought Demon Souls was an excellent, but flawed game. Though immediately I hoped theyd make another.

NGP would be amazing.

Amorbis
6th February 2011, 02:47 PM
Demon's Souls was an excellent game, even with its unforgiving nature. The good thing about was the high difficulty, as it wasn't always in your face brute force difficulty, but it required some logic and skill. I enjoyed it so much that I completed for a second time almost straight afterwards with the increased difficulty.

I'd hope that Dark Souls is more of the same without any drastic changes to the core of the game. It would be good if the online component developed more, as I could barely connect to anyone in Demon's Souls due to connection errors.

Feisar31
6th February 2011, 11:18 PM
I can't wait for this game. :rock

Demon's Souls tends to pop into my mind fairly often, probably because it was such an awesome experience. Like Amorbis I was sort of hoping that they wouldn't make huge changes to it, and from what I've seen Dark Souls will be the sequel I was hoping for, one that builds upon the original. The PvP in Demon's Souls could certainly be laggy, but I had some good online experiences too. I do hope the corpses won't twitch around anymore. :g

Kyonshi
7th February 2011, 09:19 PM
Something remotely reminds me of Vagrant Story in the mood of the game, that's totally personnal but I haven't seen something like that in games recently, even demon's souls didn't have that. That appeals me.

Vagrant Story is one of the greatest game ever made in the history of video games, RPG genre. Jesus Christ, i would give anything to have this game added to the PSN Store and/or to have a next generation Vagrant Story 2... Just think how deeper this game could get on the current consoles!!! :D

SaturnReturn
7th February 2011, 10:32 PM
Vagrant story is on the EU PSN store. I bought it ages ago, although never got very far.