PDA

View Full Version : Extracting the music?

ps3gamer2145
1st February 2011, 07:18 PM
I wanted a high quality version of the Petrol Wipeout Mix. I was able to find an MP3 online, but the quality was quite poor. I have ripped my CD as an .IMG file onto my computer and have put it in a virtual drive. When I open the CD in explorer I can see all of the music as .SWP files. When I try to drag them to the Desktop it keeps giving me this (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/captureirg.png/). Is there any way to extract the music?

Serris
3rd February 2011, 03:37 AM
Here's one method:

Firstly, rip the disc to .ISO format.

Now that you have an Iso, you need some kind of sound editor program such as Cool Edit Pro (Now known as Adobe Audition).

In Cool Edit Pro, open the iso, set the sampling rate to 44,100 Hz, hit ok, and
explore the sound file until you find what you're looking for. once found, select it, save as an mp3, and you should be good to go!

If you don't have Cool Edit Pro, then you can send an iso of the disc to serristheserpent@yahoo.com and I'll do the rest. ;)

Medusa
3rd February 2011, 02:34 PM
If you've got access to Ebay:
Go buy the CD...the P.E.T.R.O.L. mix is on the XL/2097 soundtrack CD. If you definitely want the 1995 mix, from the WipEout the Music CD, you'd have to be content with whatever poor quality rip you found, or wait ages for a CD to go on sale.

rdmx
3rd February 2011, 04:26 PM
Is the original WipEout's music an audio CD like 2097 and w3o?

Medusa
3rd February 2011, 06:15 PM
It doesn't have any Cold Storage music on it, but it's an audio CD, called "WipEout the Music". It does have mixes of Wipeout Petrol, and Afro Ride on it...I think all the other songs are songs not in any game. (until custom playlists came along :D )
And you can get all the Cold Storage Wipeout tunes from his website!

Dexito2097
3rd February 2011, 06:36 PM
I wanted a high quality version of the Petrol Wipeout Mix. I was able to find an MP3 online, but the quality was quite poor. I have ripped my CD as an .IMG file onto my computer and have put it in a virtual drive. When I open the CD in explorer I can see all of the music as .SWP files. When I try to drag them to the Desktop it keeps giving me this (http://img24.imageshack.us/i/captureirg.png/). Is there any way to extract the music?

While Serris method is valid...

Why don't you just DOWNLOAD ITUNES and then put the PSX disc in your computer drive ?
It will recognize it as an audio CD and it will even display the track info ( asuming you are online)

then simply select the track(s) and click import :D
( you can specify sound quality in the preferences tab)

SaturnReturn
4th February 2011, 07:02 PM
I deleted a link to a direct download. No pirate or non-legit methods or links please folks.

Cipher
4th February 2011, 09:24 PM
@ saturn; is it the link i sent? =/, sry didn't know it's illegal, it's only game music =/

Wont happen again ;)

Cipher

nameeman
7th April 2011, 02:49 AM
The New version of Winamp also Rips Audio from PSX disks,
just select tracks 2-whatever # and go to the "Rip" button on the bottom.
It's all in the Media Library tab and Gracenote auto filled the track names in for me and extracted to Flac files. You can choose .wav, .mp3, .acc whatever you like.:rock

It ripped the tracks to Flac in 901 Kbps, 44 Khz Stereo. For example the FSOL We Have Explosive track is 37.9 MB
Great quality. Once the audio files are decoded of course the Kbps will increase, I just ripped to .flac to save disk space.
The Playstation Game I ripped from was Wipeout 2097. Track 01 is data so ignore that one...