PDA

View Full Version : New Futuristic Racer: Sodium 2?

DawnFireDragoon
16th January 2011, 11:29 PM
Hey all, any PS3 folks know anything about this one?

futuristic grunge racer on PSN Home called 'Sodium 2'.

here's a link to Cold Storages website, where the game is mentioned. never heard of it, until now.

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/

Aeroracer
17th January 2011, 12:19 AM
picture looks good..looks like a new wipeout game..is it available to play yet

MetaKraken
17th January 2011, 12:52 AM
I've been to Sodium Home Space at PSHome. Wasn't too excited until I saw an image of this DawnFireDragoon posted. I'll see if this game can impress me IMO. :P

DawnFireDragoon
17th January 2011, 02:47 AM
here is said picture:

Mad-Ice
17th January 2011, 06:08 AM
That looks cool! The ship reminds me of Van Uber.

CPROSICK
17th January 2011, 07:22 AM
I read that itès like F-ZERO,,,but Ive never played!

XpanDrome2097
17th January 2011, 08:54 AM
One picture is unsufficient to know if this game will be a good one or not, but for not it looks very well and the ship in the image reminds me the fusion's Auricom ship, but with Van-Uber colours...and also the track design in this image reminds me Fusion a lot, everything looks very Wipeout-oriented...

I've take a look about sodium one...and for that I've read it wasn't a racing game...or it's just my mistake :brickwall?

http://www.lockwoodpublishing.com/projects/sodiumone/

In every way, is this the famous unknown "futuristic racing game" that some international sites are trying to identificate (and that many of us have believed that it was a new wipeout game? I hope for a "no"!) in the sony future developments?
...but this looks good, but, I will write it again, one picture is unsufficient for now.

Mu5
17th January 2011, 09:43 AM
Man that looks cool! I need to see more pics! :D :+

Darkdrium777
17th January 2011, 03:42 PM
I've take a look about sodium one...and for that I've read it wasn't a racing game...or it's just my mistake :brickwall?That's correct, SodiumOne is a tank fighting game, a well done one at that (I didn't buy it though, just played the free levels but it was quite fun.)

The HOME requirement though D:
I mean, log in, go through a few loading screens and walk to the game station, load some more then play... Quite cumbersome. But that's not their fault really.

If there's a free version made available like the tank game, I'll make sure to try it out.

JJPAP
17th January 2011, 04:33 PM
Some more pics (http://www.the-en.com/t2839-sodium-2-project-velocity-beta-pix)

XpanDrome2097
17th January 2011, 10:00 PM
JJPAP, these images confirm my impression: for these images, this game for me looks very similar to wipeout fusion, expecially the edges of the track that reminds me about Tetmesh Bay.
The "CoLD SToRAGE" name in the upper side of the screen with the name of the musical track selected during the race feels very emotional for me :hyper.

That's correct, SodiumOne is a tank fighting game

What :eek?
If other companies will follows this logic, the next Gran Turismo would be a beat-em up game :g!

Darkdrium777
18th January 2011, 07:33 AM
You've never played one of those tank wars game? The game in the Sodium One space is quite fast paced compared to most I've heard of.

mic-dk
18th January 2011, 07:54 AM
So, it's a Home based game, where you have to buy your ship-upgrades in the PS Store?

Uhm... No thanks... Pity, it looks decent and a CS soundtrack is badass.

JJPAP
18th January 2011, 09:01 AM
Yes, Mic, all this upgrading stuff ... I don´t really like the idea of "upgrading" your ship like you were buying new clothes for your Barbie Doll ... ;)
But lets see how it´s implemented.
Pictures sure looks (a bit) promising, though.

blackwiggle
18th January 2011, 01:58 PM
Well the screen shots make it look like a racer in very much the Wipeout Fusion vein, but the video apart from the craft coming up through the floor [Very Fusion like] doesn't really look like the screen shots, or anything like a Wipeout.
It's almost like two different games.

That job advertised was at Studio Liverpool, who I don't think have anything to do with this.

JJPAP
18th January 2011, 05:43 PM
BW: Are you sure the vid you have seen isn´t from Sodium 1?

As stated above the Sodium 1 and 2 should be two very different games.

It´s not easy (to me at least!) to find out much reading the www regarding Sodium 2 - (except for people complaining they weren´t invited for the beta testing!)

3 things I found out, though:
*The working title is Sodium 2: Velocity. (Sounds ok to me).
*No Limit for amount of multiplayers. (Don´t know what that is supposed to mean ... Hopefully not that hundreds will cruise around the tracks - if tracks at all - showing off their latest PSN-purchases).
*Release scheduled for Q2 2011.

blackwiggle
18th January 2011, 11:13 PM
I just looked at the links given above.

If it reported that it has no limit to the amount of multiplayers, then I would hazard a guess that it is a lot more of a shooter than a racer.

There was this Project Aftershock that was in development, don't know what happened to that, it looked promising.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5897

Darkdrium777
18th January 2011, 11:21 PM
For Aftershock they had to make a mobile game to keep funds coming but they are still working on it.