PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this?

DaMiGi63
13th January 2011, 07:12 AM
I was reading a page on IGN, where it was showing a list of "New titles" that are coming out this year, I clicked on the PS3 tab to make it specifically only PS 3 titles and started scrolling & clicking the next button to advance the pages, when I came across page 5, about 3/4 of the way down the page, set for release on Dec 31, 2011 is WipEout XL, for the PS 3 system.
Here's the listing in question;

WipEout XL PLAYSTATION 3
Sony Compute... Dec 31, 2011
Racing - PS : 11/01 , PC : 06/26 , Mac : 12/31 , Saturn : 10/31 , PSP : 12/31

Curious, isn't it? It also lists all the other system's that it's already been out on also, but it lists the PSP along in the listing too.So, my question is; "Is this an Hd upgrade/redo, or is this just a plain port over with the original disc/game ?
Thoughts anyone?

KGB
13th January 2011, 08:13 AM
Here (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14346729.html)

Doesn't sound like an HD version. It's all a bit vague really, it would be cool if it was spruced up a bit, but I can't see it happening.

blackwiggle
13th January 2011, 11:40 AM
I remember this being slated for release just after or just before HD came out in 2008.
Then Colin Berry who was still working at Studio Liverpool at the time said it wasn't true.
Something about them losing the original code.

If it is true now [they found the code?], maybe that's what that Senior Designers job was advertising for a few months back.

DaMiGi63
13th January 2011, 03:11 PM
@ KGB1971
You found the same page, only difference is that your page is the UK site so it shows the original title "Wipeout 2097", the NA site shows "Wipeout XL".

mdhay
15th January 2011, 12:55 PM
At any rate, I'm hesitant to think this happening.
For one, December 31st is an odd release date, as it's a Saturday (excluding Aus/ NZ) and New Years Eve.

Another point is why wait that long to put up unmodified code when it has already been proven that it's easy to add the PS button functionality may times over? Of course, I hope it is coming out, but on the 20th of this month, you know? :P

Chill
21st January 2011, 07:43 PM
Well you can't burn em' for releasing any information to us mdhay... I mean, it's not like the creators came on here and said "Hey, we're making Wipeout XL guys!" haha someone found a hint... And if it was realeasing on the 20th, someone woulda probably found somethin' out like a year ago...

slimjim
28th January 2011, 01:18 PM
that means its going to be my birthday present if its released then :rock

JABBERJAW
2nd February 2011, 02:46 PM
they could use the pc/mac version of the game for the code I think, since the mac version was done somewhat recently. Also, it has analog control that is not negcon, so it would work on the sticks. It also plays slightly different, but not much. It is a cross between xl and 2097.