PDA

View Full Version : Team England Vs Team Nordic - Sun 9th Jan

Dark_Phantom_89
7th January 2011, 11:44 AM
Once again, the English Lions clash with the Nordic Vikings in a friendly 4 v 4 match set to take place this Sunday. Flying the flag for England this time will be:

Andybob35
challenger001
Greenix
Dark_Phantom_89

The results are as follows:

Team England Vs Team Nordic - 9th January 2011

Team England Participants: Andybob35, challenger001, Dark_Phantom_89, Greenix
Team Nordic Participants: erich123, Golgofier, JJPAP, SpeedKAng96
Rules: All 12 forward tracks hosted by Team England, followed by all 12 reverse tracks hosted by Team Nordic

Results - Round 1:
Dark_Phantom_89 | 8 | 0 | 8 | 8 | 8 | 2 | 8 | 6 | 6 | 2 | 8 | 4 | = 68
Greenix | 3 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 6 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 2 | 8 | 6 | 8 | = 50
SpeedKAng96 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 6 | 1 | 8 | 6 | 3 | 0 | 5 | 0 | 6 | = 47
erich123 | 1 | 8 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 4 | 4 | 5 | 1 | 6 | 5 | 3 | = 46
Andybob35 | 5 | 2 | 6 | 1 | 4 | 6 | 5 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 5 | = 44
Golgofier | 4 | 5 | 3 | 5 | 0 | 5 | 2 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 2 | 2 | = 38
JJPAP | 0 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 0 | 4 | 1 | = 38
challenger001 | 2 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 0 | 8 | 1 | 1 | 0 | = 17

Team England - 179
Team Nordic - 169

Team England MVP: Dark_Phantom_89
Team Nordic MVP: SpeedKAng96

Results - Round 2:
Dark_Phantom_89 | 4 | 1 | 8 | 6 | 5 | 1 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | 2 | 8 | = 59
Greenix | 6 | 8 | 5 | 3 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 1 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 4 | = 58
erich123 | 2 | 6 | 2 | 8 | 8 | 2 | 8 | 2 | 3 | 8 | 1 | 5 | = 55
SpeedKAng96 | 8 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 6 | 3 | 8 | 8 | 2 | 5 | 2 | = 55
Andybob35 | 5 | 0 | 6 | 5 | 2 | 8 | 4 | 5 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 3 | = 46
JJPAP | 3 | 5 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 3 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 6 | = 32
Golgofier | 0 | 4 | 4 | 1 | 3 | 4 | 1 | 4 | 5 | 4 | 0 | 0 | = 30
challenger001 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 1 | = 13

Team England - 176
Team Nordic - 172

Team England MVP: Dark_Phantom_89
Team Nordic MVP: erich123 & SpeedKAng96

Overall Score:
Team England - 355
Team Nordic - 341

JJPAP
7th January 2011, 12:06 PM
friendly

??? :lol

Nah, It´s gonna be great racing Greenix and Andybob again - long time, no see (still got traumas, though).
And also Challenger and you, of course.

But before even racing, there´s some inter-Team Nordic qualifications to be settled :eek
I´ll let you know, which 4 wipers have qualified just before the match.

Until now erich123, drMannevond, SpeedKAng96 and I have signed up for the qualies.
If you, dear reader, are a Team Nordic Member and want to give it a go, please sign up at the usual place in The Team Nordic Social Group.
Qualies will start sunday the 9th at 19.30 London Time.

Looking forward to a great sunday night :+

KGB
7th January 2011, 03:35 PM
I'm having a flashback to a message you sent me DP about this that I didn't reply to, sorry :redface:.

Good luck, those old timers Andybob and Greenix will do you proud.

OBH
7th January 2011, 06:54 PM
Nice to see old dogs getting involved :)

Zoth-Ommog
7th January 2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not available :( for the next 5 weeks or so. Have fun guys!

mic-dk
7th January 2011, 08:55 PM
Me neither - but only until the the NFL season ends in feburary :(

Not much of a loss though for TN... :lol

Goooo Nordic!

Oryx Crake
7th January 2011, 08:58 PM
Oh gods I want in, soo bad! I owe both greenix and dp for endless humiliations:g!

though chances aren't good I'll qualify or even be able to be there sadly (driving from stockholm to Karlskrona, which is 60 metric miles, earlier that day) but I will absolutely do my very best to be there! if I cant come I wish that my other nordic compatriots will do me proud (I know they will)

Greenix
7th January 2011, 09:07 PM
Hope you can make it Oryx! Can we rely on you to be our sideline mascot and supporter KGB? You can make pretty banners for us with haydn ;)

Looking forward to racing with JJPAP (qualifier dependant obviously) again, as said, long time no see! Been a while since I did any team races as well, I hope the urge to blow up a certain mirage doesn't become too intense. Good luck to all involved and have fun!

JJPAP
7th January 2011, 09:19 PM
Zoth: Take an off day the first day at work - start at the bottom, work your way up! :D
Mic: A guy like you missing out is always a loss!!! :nod (Although it´s a mystery to me why you prefer watching muscular men in the telly instead of wiping ... LOL)
Oryx: Drive that car really fast! If stopped by the police, just tell them you´re practicing for an important match vs Old England! They´ll understand (I think) :D

Oryx Crake
7th January 2011, 09:22 PM
yeah I need to pay you back for beating me so many times greenix!

150 all the way JJ ;) to bad I'm kind of on probation right now for driving too fast and being stopped this summer XD

miizu3
7th January 2011, 10:15 PM
Oooh how I wish there was a way to get some live feed of this match. I would definitely watch. Hope you all have a great time, which you will.
Good luck TN, show these lovely englishmen where we are made of. :g

Challenger #001
8th January 2011, 08:45 AM
If OBH or KGB wants to take my place, I don't mind standing down. :) Don't want to deny the old guns another shot as they like. :P Be a bit unfair.

KGB
8th January 2011, 10:01 AM
No mate, go for it. Serves me right for forgetting to reply.

You could get to watch it live, if someone could set it up on the same site Saturn used for our race justin.tv (http://www.justin.tv/). I believe that it's a bit of a pain though.

Dark_Phantom_89
8th January 2011, 10:41 AM
I'm having a flashback to a message you sent me DP about this that I didn't reply to, sorry :redface:.

Not a problem mate, another time perhaps. :cowboy

I don't think that my Internet is fast enough for the live feed thing so a simple camcorder may have to do the trick on my end I'm afraid.

EDIT: Well now it seems there will be no videos from me full stop. My camera has conveniently decided to break so unless I can fix it by tomorrow the vids are a no. :brickwall

OBH
8th January 2011, 10:48 PM
Even in his rare post Greenix just cannot resist having a dig!! :beer

No surprise Andy's in there. He cant say no to competitive racing -- good man! :g:+

JJPAP
9th January 2011, 11:42 AM
BTW

I imagine we do it the "usual" way:
*All tracks
*Phantom Speed
*5 laps
*Weapons VERY MUCH On :nod
*Hints Off (I don´t know ´bout this, but personally I prefer being surprised by a kinky quake, then a bomb and finally some missiles for dessert ... :lol ...)

See you :)

Oryx Crake
9th January 2011, 08:07 PM
argh I'm finally home! results guys who won?!

also it's been an interesting experience driving in this weather... think wipeout(the original) feisar but with the stability of the qirex of the same game and then imagine driving it on a track that is pretty much all like the darkest part of the tunnel on sebenco climb (both in light and turning and heights and such... what should have ben a 6 hour trip took 8 hours.... so sorry for missing it guys :(

Dark_Phantom_89
9th January 2011, 09:23 PM
Wow what a showdown! That was one of the best matches ever. :hyper

At a glance, the results were:

ROUND 1:
ENG - 179
NOR - 169

ROUND 2:
ENG - 174
NOR - 174

Was nail-bitingly close in the end. Some absolutely top class racing and I believe that JJ filmed some of it. I'll put up a full detailed report tomorrow. Thanks again for the races Nordic - we had a blast. :rock

Oryx Crake
9th January 2011, 09:25 PM
God damn the traffic and weather that made me miss this T.T :( :paperbag :turd oh well there will be other times I'm sure!:rock

SaturnReturn
9th January 2011, 09:36 PM
Wow, super close. Congrats to ENG and all who took part. I've experienced those kinds of matches before and they are crazily intense.:rock

JJPAP
10th January 2011, 06:23 AM
Indeed, it was a great great show :rock
Although I felt a lot like the ball in a game of pinball, I had tremendeous fun last night. Very hardcore and intense races. Plain fun!
In fact I didn´t even qualify for the match (missing it by a single point in the inter-Team Nordic qualification), so I guess I owe Doc´s mysterious late-night visitor a beer :beer

I was afraid I missed recording the reverse tracks (some strange thing happened to the recorder) ... But I didn´t :) All 24 tracks are there to be uploaded asap - maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

BIG THANKS to all participants! Evenings like this is why WipEout will never die :+

mic-dk
10th January 2011, 07:48 AM
Well done both teams! Looks about as even as it gets :)
(I am actually rather impressed on how the hell 2x4 perople manage to almost completely tie 24 races :eek )

KGB
10th January 2011, 08:32 AM
Looks very close :D

Congratulations England, unbeaten for a long while now :g

erich123
10th January 2011, 01:54 PM
A great evening with great pilots:D
Many great races and super close to the end:frown::)
And a big salute to the Lions:)

Golgofier
10th January 2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah wow! It was truly an awesome battle, although I'm kind of disappointed in my own lackluster performance :|

Team fights are really interesting and I'd like to do them more often. It's quite different from the absolute carnage our Nordic sessions usually turns into (don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of mayhem) but it's always fun to mix things up a bit!

Again, big gratz to Team England and well fought, TN mates!

JJPAP
11th January 2011, 07:01 AM
VIDEOS

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPegtAAS_C0)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg81u6M68xo)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-uiqOi8SIA)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN4CcJ2qx2A)

Wow, what a great start of the match Vineta K was ... :lol

ENJOY!

mic-dk
11th January 2011, 08:00 AM
Hahaha, that just goes wrong on so many levels. That final BR-into-bomb on the final stretch is classic :+

Thanks for the vids - that'll be a nice addition to my lunch break :)

KGB
11th January 2011, 12:01 PM
Great videos JJ, but did you edit the sound on them? If I had that much crap thrown at me I would of been cursing everyone including my team mates. You did well to stay silent :g.

Dark_Phantom_89
11th January 2011, 12:05 PM
First of all fantastic videos JJ, I just finished watching all of them. Big thanks for recording the event. :rock

Secondly, I've put the detailed reports up in the first post but my numbers for the 2nd round don't seem to match up with JJ's videos for some reason. According to my workings, Andy has 3 more points than he should and SpeedKAng, Golgofier and challenger have one less than they should. Obviously Andy needs to lose those three points and give one to the other three which will match what the video says, but I've checked and checked and just can't see where I've gone wrong in my numbers. Anybody care to help? :g

JJPAP
11th January 2011, 01:55 PM
did you edit the sound on them?

Loooool, KGB :lol
That´s the good (and bad) thing about the Hauppauge HD recorder: It does only record the actual sound of the game. Of course the quality is good, but I must admit, that I sometimes miss all the screaming and shouting watching vids made with a Hauppauge!
Believe me: I didn´t stay calm! :D

KGB
11th January 2011, 02:08 PM
That explains everything. :g

JJPAP
11th January 2011, 03:00 PM
the 2nd round don't seem to match up with JJ's videos for some reason.

That is a mystery DP :eek
But I think I´ve solved it! :)

If you look closely at the end of Part 4 (final result), you´ll see that Andy "suddenly" gets 3 points subtracted (and others get a little extra). Before the last track he had 43 points and he gets another 3 points at TDR REV - So Andy: 46 points.
What I think happened is that Andy quit the game so fast, that his result from the last race only was available for a VERY short moment.

By backtracking (adding up from Modesto Heights REV) - the correct results for the 2nd Round is:

DP 59p
Greenix 58
SpeedKang 55p
Erich 55p
Andy 46p
JJ 32
Golgo 30p
C001 13

England 176p
Nordic 172p

Making the match a little less close, but still very close! :)

Challenger #001
11th January 2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the games guys... I didn't enjoy them as much as you guys seemed to, but I'm glad you guys had fun. ^^ Just remember not to invite me next time. :P

Also, just rememebered DP. When you referred to the Lions to come on, I assume you meant the England team, but looking at the crests of the Nordic Countries...

http://lolpics.se/pics/5232.jpg
http://satwcomic.com/art/coat-of-arms.jpg

Could have been anyone. :P At least it's more clear-cut when we're playing the Eagles or the Cockerels.

Oryx Crake
11th January 2011, 04:54 PM
Oh dear chall... I loled :g but you have to agree that around the world people think of the cold north and immidiatly think of vikings dont they?

Golgofier
11th January 2011, 05:06 PM
Ahaha, that's pretty damn funny, Chall :lol
Poor Finland :P

JJPAP
11th January 2011, 05:07 PM
LOOOL Challenger!!! :lol

England can keep the lions ... This is beast you were up against:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=710

Dark_Phantom_89
11th January 2011, 06:06 PM
JJ - Thanks for going over it again and working out the errors. I'd never thought of that and couldn't work out where I was going wrong. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/francis.gif

Where did you find that Chal? It made me chuckle. :g