PDA

View Full Version : Speed Glitch (used in my moa therma venom TT)

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 02:37 PM
I want to stop the rumor of my Moa therma TT, I do not cheat, i have found a glitch what increases speeds.
What you do is Push Down On The ************
***************************************** Cheat Removed.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE OR ABUSE IT
All my Other non moa therma records are 100% Legit and This is not used. I Have Got Some Strong Hate Mail about this and i want it to stop,
I never used this in the WOHD Cup (as said by pirhapac)
And I never Abuse it. I am sorry for any trouble i have caused, But please do not tell this to Non WZ players

Connavar
6th January 2011, 03:10 PM
OMG you just revealed a cheating glitch to the entire community, congrats
for this! Now the game is doomed already.

yeldar2097
6th January 2011, 03:13 PM
Doomed by one or doomed by all, makes no difference.

JayTech lives.

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 03:26 PM
I Dont Care, I Have had 100 messages off hate mail, I just want to sit back and quit Wipeout for all its trouble its caused me so far cos of a track. I never use it somewhere else. Go on then. Critise me i couldnt care less anymore. It just i made 1 irreversable Time and thats it. Thank You world for making people so mean and heartless towards others.

Wotan
6th January 2011, 03:35 PM
It just i made 1 irreversable Time and thats it.

I just checked quickly the leaderboards and i saw your moa and moa rev TT and SL (venom and flash) . They are all glitched ...

Connavar
So you want to quit wipeout, but just before, you're going to destroy the effort
of all the honest racers? Basically all the records are invalid now.

DjM1zw1z
I just checked quickly the leaderboards and i saw your moa and moa rev TT and SL (venom and flash) . They are all glitched ...

Yes, Only Moa Though, Not Moa Reverse Just Forward
No Connavar, Just Because I want to be left alone about this :(

Wotan
6th January 2011, 03:39 PM
Yes, Only Moa Though, Not Moa Reverse Just Forward(

Don't take people for idiots , moa rev is glitched for sure .

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 03:41 PM
See What I Mean, Cya Wipeout.
___This May Be My Last Post For A While___
:(
Dont Quote Me, Dont Say Anything, What Can I do
Moa Therma is the only course i used it on.
I know how its worked, I removed it. I Am Quitting Wipeout For Putting This Post Up,
I have only recently discovered this,

Connavar
6th January 2011, 03:42 PM
Okay I see you edited your post, at least it's ok now!

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 03:50 PM
I got Strong Words From Pirhapac saying i am a little stupid kid who has no real skill and needs to cheat. I regret using this and i will never ever use it or even mention it again. Dont Assume i am a cheater. I only discovered this recently and i do have skill. I got through to the next round in the WOHD Cup and Chaos80 said nothing about cheating.

Temet
6th January 2011, 03:55 PM
Someone breaking records and doesn't want to record any video has something to hide.
Even if you're not a bad player, and obviously better than me, you're absolutely not as fast as top 10 players.
If you can't live with that and not even happy to be in top 100 players, you have a strong issue dude...

Dark_Phantom_89
6th January 2011, 03:55 PM
Oh dear so now it appears that we are screwed. Great. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/facepalm2.gif

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 03:58 PM
Dude Everyone is saying it like i abuse it.

Dark_Phantom_89
6th January 2011, 03:59 PM
I'm not accusing you of abusing it, I'm merely saying a statement which I feel reflects the situation at hand.

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 04:01 PM
I Regret this but I wanted to show people who have been hate mailing me that i have guts to tell what happened and how.

yeldar2097
6th January 2011, 04:02 PM
You didn't do yourself any favours...and as per our conversation last night, you're not really in a position to victimise yourself.

S'alright though, my favourite modes are safe ;).
Oh how selfish of me, maybe I should think what other people enjoy playing...oh wait -_-

What made you change your mind? Don't worry I'm not going to quote you in public or anything like that, just try not to contradict yourself too much.

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 04:04 PM
what made me change my mind on what,?
... If its posting this, Because i wanted to show people that im not a stupid little kid trying to wreck a game. I wanted to get things clear and it hasnt worked:brickwall

Emphasis On The Too

Dark_Phantom_89
6th January 2011, 04:04 PM
I wouldn't call a small bit of resistance from people here a complete failure. We're obviously passionate about the game and so any talk of glitches is going to be received with some negative feedback. Well it's a good thing that you came out and openly admitted it but you may have to prepare yourself for new accusations unfortunately.

Personally I think hate mail is pointless and doesn't actually solve anything but there will obviously be others who think otherwise.

MrSmadSmartAlex
6th January 2011, 04:09 PM
JayTech lives.

JayTech isn't a game-breaker though. Anything it can do can be achieved manually (occasionally with a small advantage), even if it's more difficult.
Glitches are blatant cheating.

yeldar2097
6th January 2011, 04:09 PM
Well that's not the reason really is it? Unless last night's convo was all smoke and mirrors.
Either way, doesn't really matter.

New year, new drama, new stuff to get over. It'll pass. The people who truly love the game won't care whatever happens. It's not like we haven't dealt with other equally tedious things over the years. God knows I've complained about almost everything, still here though :)

@smad: Yeah I know it's a very different kettle o' fish, then again this can be done manually by anyone who knows about it. Point is, nobody knew about it except for 1, possibly 2 people. If the nose-down thing had been kept secret by one particular person, might have turned out a similar way once they'd been outed. Something like that. I'm rambling :nod

Asayyeah
6th January 2011, 04:53 PM
DjM1zw1z has found a glitch on HD, ok not a big deal we know the game is glitched as hell (miss my HD without a patch), he is not the 1st one and won't be the last one for sure.
Main problem is the day he discovered it and beat the WR by that much he should have told us how he did it, not necessary to replicate what he did but simply to clear our mind from suspicious(fart... ermm not this time) scores.

Remember the BSB? those who used it and those who didn't, I didn't but I accepted and respected the choice of those who used it : it was tricky to master and did implemented through the game by the devs so why not using it?

Remember good old days around 1997 when 2097/XL has been released ?
Years after, I joined there, trust me, my start was pretty epic and i had to film my races to be trusted by everyone at the end (no online records checkin from the game at that time). I found a trick to gain speed in phantom by double tapping airbrakes on speed pads and also I was glitching through different part of the tracks without thinking I could hurt feelings of dedicated purists from Wipeout (because i was playing solo or ilink with a friend) it's only when i joined WZ I had to understand their point of view. We discussed a lot and they decided to make my scores valid.

Back to DjM1zw1z, i have nothing against you, just one major point : you should have tell us what you discovered before receiving all those hated mails and not thinking 1st to your ego being a record holder.

R3BU5ER
6th January 2011, 05:03 PM
I got through to the next round in the WOHD Cup and Chaos80 said nothing about cheating.

But you did have Ã* pretty conveniënt internet problem thingy didn't ya? :brickwall

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 05:15 PM
Dont you dare say that i stopped my ps3 because of that. I would never do that

Darkdrium777
6th January 2011, 05:40 PM
Well if I'm interpreting this correctly (Didn't see the original message) this can be used anywhere.
Heh, +1 to the list of the ones already known I guess.
The reaction you got was because in the past some people thought they could use the glitches to get world record but by hiding the fact that they cheated by slowing down before the finish line. They were exposed after someone else created an obviously fake account and glitched on the same tracks as that person did. With no explanation coming from you for a few days or perhaps the wrong explanation it was probably thought that it was another similar case again... But since it's not don't take it personal so much.
I'm sure you are still welcome here...

Also this thread is not cached into Google by chance.

R3BU5ER
6th January 2011, 05:42 PM
I wasn't there mate, I just heard you had a lucky freeze is all ;)

Btw I don't give a **** about glitched times, I only care for kickin ass online 8)

kaori
6th January 2011, 05:52 PM
You say "just Moa", don't take us for idiot like you are...
You come with some incredible times and you want to learn us how to play !!!

Hey, some friends and me had big doubts with you since you showed up.

You used your glitch on Chenghou Project & Metropia, look below, and you used it on Sebenco, but with your incompetences in barrel rolls & lines, you was last. Without this cheat, you would have been 5 seconds behind everybody :clap

Week 64 Results - CHENGHOU PROJECT (REVERSE)/VENOM/TRIAKIS:
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/PlatinumTrophy.gif DjM1zw1z | 30.46 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/GoldTrophy.gif QjonPL | 31.14 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/SilverTrophy.gif leungbok | 31.27 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/BronzeTrophy.gif MrPhlanj | 31.46 | FURY

5. Dark_Phantom_89 | 31.73 | FURY
6. Jav | 31.76 | FURY
7. guillaume | 31.82 | FURY
8. Mietepiet | 31.83 | FURY
9. F.E.I.S.A.R | 32.95 | FURY

Week 65 Results - METROPIA (REVERSE)/FLASH/ASSEGAI:
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/PlatinumTrophy.gif yeldar2097 | 25.00 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/GoldTrophy.gif DjM1zw1z | 25.22 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/SilverTrophy.gif leungbok | 25.37 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/BronzeTrophy.gif erich123 | 25.66 | FURY

5. Mietepiet | 25.73 | FURY
6. Nutcase:259 | 25.74 | FURY
7. Mr Phlanj | 25.86 | FURY
8. Dark_Phantom_89 | 26.08 | FURY
9. guillaume | 26.09 | FURY
10. Challenger #001 | 27.06 | FURY

Week 66 Results - SEBENCO CLIMB (REVERSE)/VENOM/ICARAS (AMPLIFICATED'S CHOICE):
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/PlatinumTrophy.gif leungbok | 29.31 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/GoldTrophy.gif Mietepiet | 29.40 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/SilverTrophy.gif MrPhlanj | 29.41 | FURY
http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n632/Dark_Phantom_89/BronzeTrophy.gif Jav | 29.78 | FURY

5. KGB1971 | 30.06 | FURY
6. JaLK | 30.11 | FURY
7. Dark_Phantom_89 | 30.13 | FURY
8. DjM1zw1z | 30.31 | HD

KGB
6th January 2011, 05:56 PM
Wow! Missed the Cheat, Damn :brickwall.

Are we saying he has cheated on line against Chaos then?

Can you tell that someone is doing it?

SaturnReturn
6th January 2011, 05:59 PM
I strongly disapprove. It's pointless doing this and not telling anyone because then it's impossible to trust other records. It does you no favours at all. People here don't really consider age too much, and I think that's good, but if you do something daft then you won't get the same respect for a while. Folks will probably get over it as long as you're honest about everything from now on, but if anyone has doubts then the only way to prove it is to video it. Borrow a camera or use a laptop webcam. Modern technology means almost everyone has the ability to record somehow. Clear your name or don't, that's up to you.
As for the bad press, well I'm afraid you just have to deal with that this time and learn the lesson for the future.

To be honest though, for all my disapproval, I am kind of surprised anyone really still checks the official boards. They're so screwed up.

Nutcase:259
6th January 2011, 06:25 PM
People race venom? :lol

so long as it only works on that speed class and nobody knows how to do it then i suppose were all safe?

How do people even find these things anyway???

SaturnReturn
6th January 2011, 06:28 PM
I always wonder how people figure out half the barrel rolls and stuff. I guess it only takes a bit of time and an idea.

KGB
6th January 2011, 06:30 PM
Above all I believe in fairness and not cheating little ****ers, so I'll go out on a limb here and say that this result shouldn't stand.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189067&postcount=1100

Not trying to start a witch hunt, but we just can't be sure. It looked suspect at the time and is even more so now.

Darkdrium777
6th January 2011, 06:33 PM
How do people even find these things anyway???Like Saturn said, all it takes is an idea and some time. As long as you know how to mess with the physics engine of the game, you can find some stuff.
Of course that's for the cheat shortcuts I found... I don't know about this one. Maybe some real determination to get nose down to work again.

6th January 2011, 06:34 PM
there is a phantom and zone battle win on that list KGB so that would make it 2-2. suppose you'd have to check the race records, cause surly if the glitch was used that'd put him no:1 in the world for the 3 or 4 lap races (forgotten how many it is?)

MegaGeeza22
6th January 2011, 06:36 PM
Damn... im to late! i could of used it to beat zico!
Theres no satisfaction in cheating, especially when you get found out:redface:

leungbok
6th January 2011, 06:37 PM
I only discovered this recently and i do have skill

I have already discovered other unknown glitches on various tracks, but i never used it on my laps times. I have beated some world records by one second or more where i'm only on the low top 10 ATM and proud of this rank. Doing a WR the easy way is crap, and unfair, and it's also a game's killer. I can accept people with ego when they claims their WR. But those who hide their unfair methods just to be considerd as great pilots don't have my respect !

I Regret this but I wanted to show people who have been hate mailing me that i have guts to tell what happened and how.
At least you have that for you.

KGB
6th January 2011, 06:43 PM
Can you not use this cheat at the lower speeds on Zone Battle. I don't know how it works so I'm not sure if it could be used. I still think he should be banned from the cup.

If he says he cheated on just one track but some respected people are saying he cheated on most of them, can we believe that he didn't cheat online.

6th January 2011, 06:48 PM
perhaps ask chaos80. he was the only other there? surely you'd be able to tell if he finishes like 20/30 seconds faster or something?

kaori
6th January 2011, 06:56 PM
Can you not use this cheat at the lower speeds on Zone Battle. I don't know how it works so I'm not sure if it could be used. I still think he should be banned from the cup.

If he says he cheated on just one track but some respected people are saying he cheated on most of them, can we believe that he didn't cheat online.

You can use it and hit more speed pads so boost before your opponents.

Darkdrium777
6th January 2011, 07:28 PM
Caution: debate brewing on the horizon?

I have this question since I now know how to do this as well.

Considering that strafe jumping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafe-jumping) in Quake is an exploit of the game physics but is widely recognized as a valid technique... (At first it was a bug, just like this thing is)
Considering that snaking (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snaking) in F-Zero is an exploit of the same kind and semi-recognized as a valid technique...
Considering that running along walls in Source Engine games is an exploit of the same type as well (it makes you run faster than normal) and also recognized as a valid technique...

How do you feel about this technique in WipEout HD? (I can tell you it relies on controlling the ship a certain way just like in FZero, or your player character in Quake or Source Engine games; and not going through walls and such.)

I'm asking this question because I feel it could go either way. Since here is the main community for WipEout HD, I think it should decide as a whole how to treat it.

Please don't be aggressive toward people who don't have the same opinion as you. I should know, having been there and all. Don't do it.

6th January 2011, 07:41 PM
Interesting I think if you used if for Time Trials and speed laps it could be alright? as you will be able to tell who's using the glitch (assuming its blatantly obvious)

maybe only in pre-decided 'glitch only races' set up on here? it could be our own little speed class that no one else knows :lol
that way everyone knows what there signing up for when they enter the lobby
i mean if it could be used in other speed classes it could add a totally new dimension to the game?
I think it depends on how this glitch is achieved whether or not something like that would be possible

but i think using it in a public race, or when others arn't aware then thats totally wrong :-

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 08:22 PM
You say "just Moa", don't take us for idiot like you are...
You come with some incredible times and you want to learn us how to play !!!

Hey, some friends and me had big doubts with you since you showed up.

You used your glitch on Chenghou Project & Metropia, look below, and you used it on Sebenco, but with your incompetences in barrel rolls & lines, you was last. Without this cheat, you would have been 5 seconds behind everybody :clap

[/B]

Chenghou Reverse Is My Specialty Course. I Tried It today and i got 30:65 without it

I Hate Sebenco, I never took a real go at it.

leungbok
6th January 2011, 08:26 PM
Only videos can convince us now !!

SaturnReturn
6th January 2011, 08:26 PM
I think it would devalue the couple of years people have been playing and improving in other ways. I wouldn't like to see it used until current methods involving lines and BRs and boosts had been completely squeezed for all they're worth.

If there were a separate board for it on Connavar's site then I wouldn't mind, but I think it's best not to spread it at all, because of the same reasons as Nutcase mentions. You just couldn't know who was using it and there's no way to turn it off, so online would fail even harder and it would probably kill the online game. Everyone would make private games every time and no-one new would get to race. We'd make no new Wipeout friends etc. Basically, it'd totally suck.

Dark_Phantom_89
6th January 2011, 08:27 PM
Chenghou Reverse Is My Specialty Course. I Tried It today and i got 30:65 without it

I Hate Sebenco, I never took a real go at it.

So you admit using it during the SL Challenge? For god's sake, I thought we were all honest around here. I made it as a way to help us improve our GENUINE skills not exploit glitches.....

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 08:32 PM
Ban me from the cup do whatever **** to me, i dont care but i didnt want to wreck a game, people are taking this chance to do whatever they can to me to make me feel bad, And its working but it just seems all the **** what gets thrown at you for being honest

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 08:33 PM
So you admit using it during the SL Challenge? For god's sake, I thought we were all honest around here. I made it as a way to help us improve our GENUINE skills not exploit glitches.....

I never used it in the first place. I am Honest. That Lap Took over 200 attempts and i was thrilled to bits when i got it.
With sebenco i never really took a proper attempt i did max 10 laps and just did never did anything else.

yeldar2097
6th January 2011, 08:34 PM
Personally I don't really have a problem with it, the only problem is with people being dishonest. Thankfully we have a lovely little community here, united in our passion for all things WipE (amongst others here and there of course :P). No doubt there are some people who will take advantage of this, fine, that's up to them. If they hold their hands up and say what they're doing, I don't see how anyone can get too riled about it. Sure, some may disagree very strongly with it, but it's their decision not to use it, nobody else's. I've always liked how open this community is with regards hints/tips what have you, it's fabulous. I know full well I still wouldn't know about half the tricks in this game if it wasn't for people actively wanting to share. Even if there is something people don't really want to share for fear wrecking the leaderboards or whatever it may be, then they won't share it. At the same time, they won't abuse what they know. At least 16 of the tracks have major (some very major) 'glitch-cuts' that only a handful of people know about. If they wanted they could all top the leaderboards by bloody miles and leave everybody scratching their heads. They know wouldn't really be fair, it doesn't make it any more fun, just annoying for everyone else and as a result they don't exploit the system.
Problems really start occuring when you have one or more people using these techniques, keeping them a secret, and at the same time claiming to be doing things the old fashioned 'legitimate' way. Ok, some people couldn't care less about leaderboards, WRs etc... but some people (like myself) take pride in the their efforts to squeeze every last drop of performance out of their craft in order to approach the track's limits. Soppy stuff yes, but I can certainly imagine people being thoroughly disheartened when they, after so much time, can be bested by what, in this game is a HUGE margin with no plausible explanation. We all know that the active WipEout community was never massive, and it's not really on the increase either, so more than anything I think it's a shame to risk people leavin the game they love thanks to a seemingly inexplicable phenomenon that has all but crushed their previous efforts.
I think I'll stop there.
/sentimental WipEout addict.

Dark_Phantom_89
6th January 2011, 08:42 PM
Ban me from the cup do whatever **** to me, i dont care but i didnt want to wreck a game, people are taking this chance to do whatever they can to me to make me feel bad, And its working but it just seems all the **** what gets thrown at you for being honest

I don't think anybody is trying to make you feel bad and we do appreciate your honesty but as I said before, any talk of glitches is bound to be met by negative retaliation and new accusations whether they are true or false.

kanar
6th January 2011, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry but I'm still speechless about that. I think we need some time to analyze a bit this stuff; I can't take any decision for the cup yet, DjM1zw1z thanks for finally posting here about this stuff, we had a few hints about this weird speed thing a while ago with someone who participated at the avalon cup, now you're just confirming this obvious lack of beta testing from SL. I'm going to update the boards of the cup, I need to think about that a bit more. Sorry for not being around atm, real life obligations really not at the best moment. Fk it.

DjM1zw1z
6th January 2011, 08:55 PM
Y'know wat kanar, Ban me from the cup if it will make people happy.
Well Its I am NEVER EVER USING IT ONLINE (including cup)

kanar
6th January 2011, 08:58 PM
Not my intention. Tbh I'll contact chaos about your previous meeting, but I don't think this trick really gave you the win (if you used it of course). So if you're still up, you're still in. It's wait & see for me, I really need to think about that due to the nature of this trick. Even explained, it still feels so weird for me.

Kyonshi
6th January 2011, 10:04 PM
I think we can somehow hold on onto DjM1zw1z a bit. At least he admited it publicly. But that's not an excuse for using it, and its stupid to use it to break WRs. You should have thought twice dude...

But you know what, guys? The game is already broken and agonizing! The real culprit behind all this are the @$$holes at SCEE. Maybe SL lacked some initiative in fixing the flaws WOHD have (the doomed voice chat is the best symbol of their inaction), but the real culprit here is Sony. They dismantled SL and now there will never ever be anymore patches and fixes for the game. They left the boat drift away until it slowly breaks itself upon reefs. The collisions/solid ghosts must be seriously re-evaluated, the ridiculous and frustrating respawn points must be fixed, the weapon pads respawn rate must be fixed, shield energy should be full after being eliminated... And of course the goddamn voice chat must be fixed.:lol Those issues and some more to mention are mainly the reason why i took a long break from the game, just so you know.

But we'll never see anything of this. They preferred implementing ****ing ads after the game was bought by people. So you see, the weight of the world shouldn't be all on DjM1zw1z's shoulders. If Sony executives would have thought with their selfish brains for a minute, they would have only reduced the staff of SL either to maintain a bit of decent gameplay in WOHD or flip the game to another intern studio. And to fix game-breaking issues like the one on the front page right now...

Aeroracer
6th January 2011, 10:41 PM
@ DjM1zw1z

at least your honest about having used a glitch.

many players just happily cheat and keep quiet.
some use cheat controllers with b'r mapped to them dosnt take a proffessor to work it out seeing some of the vids.
there are players who use glitches that are near impossible to spot on the records.
many players take advantage of game mechanic glitches and keep it secret.
happily play someone knowing they are not aware of this and act all smug about how skilled they are when its just a gimmick.

lag manipulators..

problem is wipeout is some peoples life they get too serious and will do anything to shave a .1 second off their time.

you get the fake id's brigade some of them are in this world cup
the ganging up on players happens where a slow player in the gang screws you so his fast mate can win, using txt to talk to each other.

its a shame as their are some quality honest players out there and their efforts are trashed by this filth.
only conselation is wipeout is actually not as abused as many other games i have seen.
Other games and websites tend to have straight players like the guy above who expose all the cheats and tricks to level the playing field.so the gimmicks are available to everyone and not exploited only by the players in the know.

i watched some games in spectator mode that just make me laugh with certain players getting 10 turbos in a race, then they do it again and again.

online competition is like this thats why the super hardcore players tend to meet to person and play live games where this crap isnt possible

Oryx Crake
6th January 2011, 10:50 PM
Wow! What a mess... I'm sorry to see this happened and I understand why some people are mad about it (I have never even been close to the top 10 best tt or sl times so I wouldn't know how it feels to be bumped like that) but I do think that m1zw1z should get more credit for being straight with us about it.
Now I obviously dont know the whole story here with all the mail and pms he's been recieving but isn't it kind of easy to check if times are glitched?

a suggestion here might be if you m1zw1z take a camera and film all your records (that is to say film the records screen on wohd) to show what they look like, if people are sceptical.
That way it's easy enough to compare them to legitimate times for comparison.

Also I'd like to agree with saturn that the in game online boards are messed up as it is so the best boards we have are probably the ones on connavar's site, where glitched times have no place. At least thats where I go to see who's best.

In conclusion I'm going to trust m1zw1z, he's always been fair with me and he's a nice pilot to race against online. He's had his punishment I think, and knows not to do it again.
If some of you feel different then thats your prerogative but on m1zw1z's behalf I'd like to add that more angry messages and similar stuff will serve no purpose other than creating bad blood within the community.

We cant all agree and we cant all like each other but let's not destroy the community over it.

Aeroracer
6th January 2011, 10:59 PM
the saddest thing about glitches is the efforts of so many good players are damaged by the glitches.
it must be infuriating to be number one and be cheated out of therir slot by a glitch player.

my sympathy goes out to all these good honest players

yeldar2097
6th January 2011, 11:06 PM
True that's a shame, but all this talk of lag switches and weapons manipulation, bullying...nobody actually does that :)

I'm not sure why everyone thinks we're being harsh or rude, I think thus far the response has been rather measured. Usually someone gets banned and at least one person loses an eye when things like this crop up.

Aeroracer
6th January 2011, 11:13 PM
@yeldar

bullying does happen yeldar and i know some of the players who do it by name, i will not name them as i dont want to start a fight i just wont play them anymore so the problem is gone for me.
also lag manipulation is used in many games always has always will be.

the guy who said about the glitch has been brave and admitted it and said sorry.i dont think anyone has really got out of hand either.

thats a good thing.

Oryx Crake
6th January 2011, 11:16 PM
I'm just saying that this thing kind of has run it's course I'm not saying, dont be harsh or whatever but at this point we all know people have been angry and are angry about it and those who want to have told m1z how they feel right?

If he is appologetic about it and understands what he did wrong, then is there really a point to telling him again? I mean I think it's fairly obvious from his posts that he feels very bad about it and that all the messages he's gotten hurt him, which I suppose was the intended effect.

I dont know maybe I'm wrong but to me it sounds like he's going to be feeling this for a while anyways. So why not let the cup officials, m1z and chaos figure this out amongst themselves while the rest of us "turn the page" so to speak.

Aeroracer
6th January 2011, 11:27 PM
anyone for a pimms :p

maybe we need some of those crud chuck norris jokes to lift the mood in this thread

chuck norris uses a glitch to slow his ship down to make his world records mean more to his fans..

kaori
7th January 2011, 12:34 AM

But you know what, guys? The game is already broken and agonizing! The real culprit behind all this are the @$$holes at SCEE. Maybe SL lacked some initiative in fixing the flaws WOHD have (the doomed voice chat is the best symbol of their inaction), but the real culprit here is Sony. They dismantled SL and now there will never ever be anymore patches and fixes for the game. They left the boat drift away until it slowly breaks itself upon reefs. The collisions/solid ghosts must be seriously re-evaluated, the ridiculous and frustrating respawn points must be fixed, the weapon pads respawn rate must be fixed, shield energy should be full after being eliminated... And of course the goddamn voice chat must be fixed.:lol Those issues and some more to mention are mainly the reason why i took a long break from the game, just so you know.

But we'll never see anything of this. They preferred implementing ****ing ads after the game was bought by people....

You are 100% right. I hope some past developer of WipEout HD will provide us answers...

haiku
7th January 2011, 04:07 AM
Sometimes I really wish I knew some of these glitches. Not because I want to use them (I'm a purist! I wouldn't even BSB!), but because I would like to detect if someone is using them against me in a race.

There is this one player I race often at various classes (usually flash or rapier) and he consistently beats me by like 5 seconds. It drives me mad. In fact, he wins non stop and the times he gets would mean he is constantly hitting top 50 times almost every race he does. I have had races against him where I will pass all my laps beautifully, get super lucky on turbos, and hit all of my BRs and he'll still have my number by a few seconds.

The one time I was actually beating him in a race (nailed him with some missiles in the first lap!) he quit out before the race was over. Also he must have the most arrogant and obnoxious username I've seen in the game so far, so maybe that is also driving me mad playing him.

I want to think he is glitching because I don't want to think I suck that bad, but I've even raced some of the elites around here (in slower classes) and will occasionally get a win, or only lose by 1-2 seconds. He isn't competing in the cup either which is curious to me.

haiku
7th January 2011, 04:23 AM
On another note, I have to say some of the ranting against SL/SCEE in this thread is a little disappointing. I am going to chalk it up to misplaced emotional charge over a game that we're all passionate about.

Consider this for a moment. Wipeout HD is still arguably one of the best looking and best performing next gen games and it showed up at a small price point relatively early in the PS3s life cycle. What they did on this game is nothing short of remarkable. The fact that one of the best technological gaming achievements just happens to be for my favorite game franchise is icing on the cake.

The kind of pressure a studio like SL is under when creating a game like this is enormous. SCEE can choose between high risk titles like Wipeout HD, or another killzone clone that is guaranteed to sell X amount of copies. Accusing them of poor QA, not addressing bugs, and criticizing certain game design issues is a bit disingenuous of us as a passionate community. SL had one guy on the dev team dedicated just purely to particle effects!! The care and thinking they put into creating this game, I think still has yet to be fully appreciated by the game loving world.

They created an intensely competitive environment that really challenges the player to the degree that most people put the game down after finding the learning curve just to steep. Realize that they had to push this through their producers at SCEE and get their vision to the market place. I applaud it every single day. It's nearly impossible to do in the gaming industry.

This sort of technology is very difficult to create, and the resources to fix bugs and get a game ready to ship are very finite and seriously expensive. A studio has to pick its battles. The fact that we dig up obscure glitches that very few people find out, or run into an occasional bug that might compromise a race is not SL/SCEE ignoring their title but more of a testament to how well they truly did. We find the types of bugs that can only be found through hundreds of thousands of hours across tens of thousands of players in every country the title is available in.

Directing any negativity toward the developers and publisher over things like this, in my opinion, is a counter productive attitude. As a community I think we do a good job policing ourselves so that glitches, bugs, and other hacks and anomalies don't ruin this legendary game for us.

DjM1zw1z
7th January 2011, 05:58 AM
@Oryx, I Cant Really Record if i play on my bed. and my tv is on the end of the bed, if i do it will restrict me alot anyway. But ill give it my best shot.

@DP89. Well i didnt know the glitch before the metropia challenge

phaeton_pl
7th January 2011, 06:28 AM
Hey M1zw1z, I sent you a PM (not abussive) about your great SL venom records on Moa Reverse and Metropia Reverse. You didn't replied to me.
I was trying really hard to get a WR there but you beat both records with huge advantage. My lines are pretty good and i know most possible BR's so i was wondering what did you came up with to beat it? A new method? New BR's? Any hint please?

DjM1zw1z
7th January 2011, 06:31 AM
Moa is glitched reverse
Took a long while fo metropia revere
Try get a br after start boost. then good lines. use boost. triple br ss on speed pads then get good lines and ss on pad till finish

Temet
7th January 2011, 07:59 AM
Don't blame SL for most of Gliltches.
For this one, yeah... ok.
For the choice of INFINITE respawn delay of weapon pads, that's a f***ing terrible conception mistake... we often make complete laps online without getting any weapon. This one is the major "bug" for me (it's not a bug, is a very bad choice).

But for all the glitches on the tracks where you can literally shortcut half of the track (anulpha pass f, modesto r, sebenco r, sol 2, etc), I don't agree to blame SL! Seriously, for those who saw the vids (like me), it's nearly impossible to find. Moa R and Sol 2 are more obvious to me, but not the others.
(thanks for those who shared the vids with me, it's just awesome to watch! :) )

Anyway, I thank SL for the game. :)

I understand the point of Darkdrium and the comparison with the Strafe Jump. My point of view (so, that's just me) is that the Strafe Jump opened gates to crazy mods, like the Defrag Mod in Quake 3 (crazy skills needed). This will not open any gates.

I don't blame DjM1zw1z for finding this of course. I don't even blame him for having used it first time. I would like he came and say : "Hey, I found something strange, doing **like this** I could beat a WR". I'm sure some people would have been very angry... I would have say : "Ok, but please don't use it to beat records, preserve the ranks and the efforts of the people over the past 2 years".

I'm not concerned with this story, as :
- I'm just an average pilot, I'll never get a top 10... top 50 is already a Legendary performance for me!
- I care only about Phantom. Doesn't mean I don't respect slow class players. The vids from Texalex and Wizardplay are impressive... but I like a lot better the vids from Leungbok, Pih, Yeldar, Sat, etc.

@DjM1zw1z : make vids on the tracks where you say you got legit records and be sure I'll post a congrats comment on your youtube profile.

KGB
7th January 2011, 08:07 AM
I think the fact that you are still posting shows you have balls mate :clap.

My main problem with all this, is taking part in the speed lap challenge, which has been running for a long while cheat free and you have come along and rather blown it apart. In fact it may of just destroyed it for me as we will never know if people are using this cheat a little here and a little there. It's not your fault it exists of course but you did post how to do it, so it won't take long for news to spread

There is also a difference of opinion on how many tracks you have used it on, you say one, others are saying that you have done it on most of them. Who should we believe? There's a big question of trust going on here still :frown:.

leungbok
7th January 2011, 09:08 AM
then good lines
Like on that vids ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4daG63gXE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0Hi-05w0s&feature=related
Strange how you slalom on moa's magstrip ! Venom is not that hard to control to perform tight straight lines, or maybe you're trying something ! :rolleyes:
You want us to trust you ? = videos of laps where you have WR !!

phaeton_pl
7th January 2011, 09:27 AM
Moa is glitched reverse
Took a long while fo metropia revere
Try get a br after start boost. then good lines. use boost. triple br ss on speed pads then get good lines and ss on pad till finish

Moa Reverse is glitched? You said it's not glitched few times in this thread...
There was a nice competition for #1 between me and texasalex on there, ruined now...

Metropia Rev? Myself and Barnster are using the same method but you are 0.3 second ahead which is a lot for a venom...

Another thing. Do you use 2 accounts (DjM1zw1z and M1zw1z) at the same time? Congrats for having both #6 and #7 on Anulpha Forward venom... but is there any point for flooding rankings with several times from the same person?

Upload some videos, you did it before so it shouldn't be a problem :)

Connavar
7th January 2011, 10:04 AM
I'm very sorry for you phaeton_pl, and texasalex, etc, all the pro "BR" venom :)
If only SL could resurrect and fix this game!!
Well the leaderboards have been polluted for quite some time, at least on the
unofficial rankings website, I promise to delete/ban all the known glitched times.

amplificated
7th January 2011, 10:42 AM
Just discovered this thread, and I have to say I'm not that surprised - TBH I don't think some 15 year old kid is going to be able to legitimately come along and get regular top 10 times and even a world #1 practically overnight, especially when they're stupid enough to flood the leaderboards with records from duplicate accounts.

I'm all for discovering tricks and new things, but when you deliberately distort the official leaderboards with glitched times, repeatedly - that's beyond too much. You really need to know where the line is when people are passionate about something, and you've crossed it by treating the leaderboards as a joke for personal gain. It's easy to prevent glitched times from being uploaded, and I've seen it mentioned on these forums numerous times.
People have been banned from tournaments for much less, and I don't think djM1zW1z should be able to compete in the HD Cup at all. I for one don't feel comfortable playing against someone who has been proven to cheat just to get their name to the top of a list.

Also, you're completely untrustworthy - you've said on page 1 that on moa reverse you can't do the glitch, and then just above you've said it just took a while to get it going. I don't think any of the times you've posted are believable on face value alone.

Oryx Crake
7th January 2011, 11:02 AM
@m1z what I meant was to go to the records screen and show your personal records. film them (shouldn't be too troublesome as you dont need to actually hold the controller for most of that.) put them on youtube for everyone to see your top 5 records on each track. this will make it easy for people to see and compare your records, both to your older records and to their own. it's a bit of work doing this but in the spirit of honesty and to clear your name it could be a smart move.

Also dont be surprised if people are a bit suspicious towards you for a while, after all trust is hard to earn and easy to loose. If you keep your head down and keep being honest it will pass over time.

mikrucio
7th January 2011, 11:09 AM
Did I miss something lol.

Well in my experience glitches are pretty damn hard to do in this game...
and it took 3 years for this one to be found...

soo

glitch or no glitch I'll never be able to beat Yeldar.

YOUR AN ABOMINATION! :bat

yeldar2097
7th January 2011, 11:14 AM
Megalol, classic ^_^

tug_14
7th January 2011, 11:19 AM
+1000 yeld ;)

rdmx
7th January 2011, 11:48 AM
Like on that vids ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG4daG63gXE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0Hi-05w0s&feature=related
Strange how you slalom on moa's magstrip ! Venom is not that hard to control to perform tight straight lines, or maybe you're trying something ! :rolleyes:
You want us to trust you ? = videos of laps where you have WR !!
Holy ****, settle down.
That 'slalom' you were talking about - He was being both being pushed by the other racers and was also trying to avoid crashing into them. None of them have the 'speed' increase you get from performing the glitch (upwards of 530kph on venom unboosted)

leungbok
7th January 2011, 01:27 PM
I can't judge pilot's lines on venom, i'm only a BR freak !
Here's what i call a clean venom race :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orWhMOhHIbY

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th January 2011, 02:08 PM
Also, you're completely untrustworthy - you've said on page 1 that on moa reverse you can't do the glitch, and then just above you've said it just took a while to get it going. I don't think any of the times you've posted are believable on face value alone.
This. Why are people ignoring this? The kid's obviously only admitting to each time he's cheated after he gets caught. lol.

SL had one guy on the dev team dedicated just purely to particle effects!!
Perhaps he should have been dedicated to bug-fixes instead. ;)

I think reading this thread has finally made my decision on whether to get into WOHD. I'll stick to games with less glitches and cheaters. Like Pure and Pulse. :lol

leungbok
7th January 2011, 02:15 PM
I'll stick to games with less glitches and cheaters. Like Pure and Pulse. :lol

Lol, :+ Smad

7th January 2011, 02:20 PM
Perhaps he should have been dedicated to bug-fixes instead.

I Think its a bit of an overeaction, i mean its taken this long to discover a glitch in a game that was basically a launch title?

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th January 2011, 02:21 PM
It's taken this long to discover this glitch, not a glitch. ;)

7th January 2011, 02:31 PM
I m not really too hot on how many glitches there are in this game.
I havnt encountered anything id call a glitch so to me finding this, 2 or 3yrs after it came out isnt that bad?

DjM1zw1z
7th January 2011, 02:47 PM
I Cannot Make Vids, Is That Hard To Understand.+_+

leungbok
7th January 2011, 02:47 PM
@Nutcase, This is the only public's video of a glitch and it was uploaded the 1st of june 2009 ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bn953QVaZU&feature=related
@Djm1zw1z, i'm not surprised ! :lol

MegaGeeza22
7th January 2011, 03:05 PM
I think nearly everyone on here would use something to gain an advantage over other racers... i.e, getting air off the sides of the tracks to barrel roll or leaving the circuit to get air! i dont think thats fair when racing online, unless everyone can do it!
Thats what i call cheating, how are the newbies going to compete with that?
but the pride of the top 10 players is all that really matters... :dizzy

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th January 2011, 03:25 PM
Better the pride of top players who are open about their methods and want true competition, than the ego of mediocre players who resort to cheating and lying just to see their name (undeservedly) at the top. ;)

leungbok
7th January 2011, 03:28 PM
Thats what i call cheating, how are the newbies going to compete with that
Why should neewbies compete with hardcore gamers ? :eek
Mario kart allows that, and in a certain measure HD too ! :?

yeldar2097
7th January 2011, 03:30 PM
:+ smad.

Interesting about the video thing....I'm pretty sure I've seen several videos of yours on teh interwebz. Doesn't really matter tbh, I couldn't care less. Well that's a lie, I could, but I need some sort of excuse to post.

Feel free to redeem yourself by pinching a Phantom TT or two. How about Chenghou Project Reverse, after all that is your favourite track ;)

Yeah, in a bad mood, deal with it, shouldn't have been such a tosser in the first place, now feel free to jog on.

stinkleroy
7th January 2011, 03:36 PM
Well this is all news to me...

I'm clueless about glitches and the like, don't see the point. If you can't win fair and square, then where's the glory?

+1 to Smad, if players are open about their methods then you can always practice to try and beat them :)

@ DjM1zw1z - I understand why people are angry, it's not that you found and used a glitch...it's that you waited for people to find out before coming clean and telling the truth.

A forced confession is not a genuine one. But hey, we're all friendly here so don't worry about it too much - just don't expect anyone to trust in your times without proof ;)

leungbok
7th January 2011, 03:48 PM
True Cat, and also Djm1zw1z you're young, it's a good lesson in how to deal with social life ! ;)

Connavar
7th January 2011, 04:31 PM
... and this was your tutor lesson.

DjM1zw1z
7th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Sorry Lol

leungbok
7th January 2011, 04:39 PM
...with no doubt ! :lol

MegaGeeza22
7th January 2011, 04:40 PM
Of course new comers deserve at least half a chance! when someone new gets the game and go online for the first time they get owned by people doing BRs off the edges of the track and they get lapped and they quit... for ever! its like playing cod and dying everytime you spawn because the "hardcore" just own you everytime! Thats why theres hardly anyone online! We need more fans so sony pull there finger out and get a new wipeout going!
Its just the elites and the trophy hunters.. and because there is hardly anyone online the newbies are forced to join in with you guys! We dont need 50 grown men crying that there not top anymore, Yes people cheat but people cheat at everything... youve got your own leaderboard. Hes just a young lad who found a glitch... tried it a few times and got a few people angry, i think hes learnt his lesson... Hopefully:redface:

kaori
7th January 2011, 04:42 PM
No I Am Very Good At Venom Overall

I don't think !
Why ?
Just because you come here after your glitched WR. If you were very good, you would come before at WipEout Zone in order to learn some tips without which you can't fight for legitimate 1st place.

Your behavior is exasperating.

Connavar
7th January 2011, 04:47 PM
DjM1zw1z: I mean, this was your lesson of life!
Was a joke, based on what Leungbok said just above my post, but you didn't
get it :(

DjM1zw1z
7th January 2011, 04:53 PM
I don't think !
Why ?
Just because you come here after your glitched WR. If you were very good, you would come before at WipEout Zone in order to learn some tips without which you can't fight for legitimate 1st place.

Your behavior is exasperating.

Wait What.??

leungbok
7th January 2011, 04:56 PM
Of course new comers deserve at least half a chance! when someone new gets the game and go online for the first time they get owned by people doing BRs off the edges of the track and they get lapped and they quit... for ever! its like playing cod and dying everytime you spawn because the "hardcore" just own you everytime! Thats why theres hardly anyone online! We need more fans so sony pull there finger out and get a new wipeout going!

there's all the options for newcomers to race against pilots of their skills, pilot-assist, BR-off, when they chose races without those options what do they expect ?
And IMO wipeout HD is already hugely based on luck and on slower classes an average player with turbos, quakes, persistent bombs can beat even a top player !
I don't know for everybody, but when i begin in playing a game online, i ALREADY know that some players have lot of game time and also more skills than i, i'm not that pretentious to expect to win against everybody !! :rolleyes:
So when a newcomer don't win or at least follows a good pilot in wipeout, he quits ? Do all newbies believe they are some of the best pilots ??? :eek

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th January 2011, 04:58 PM
its like playing cod and dying everytime you spawn because the "hardcore" just own you everytime! Thats why theres hardly anyone online! We need more fans so sony pull there finger out and get a new wipeout going!

No, it's not like that at all. It's the opposite. When that happens in CoD, the "hardcore" players killing you as soon as you spawn are the ones taking advantage of glitches/bad game design.
Your argument suggests that you want WOHD to become like that, where the only way to win is to more or less cheat. Or only slow players should be allowed to cheat, to make it "fair"?
Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh, but I just disagree with you totally.

kaori
7th January 2011, 05:17 PM
No, it's not like that at all. It's the opposite. When that happens in CoD, the "hardcore" players killing you as soon as you spawn are the ones taking advantage of glitches/bad game design.
Your argument suggests that you want WOHD to become like that, where the only way to win is to more or less cheat. Or only slow players should be allowed to cheat, to make it "fair"?
Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh, but I just disagree with you totally.

I agree, WipEout isn't Mario Kart.
And an other & recent exemple, Gran Turismo 5. The skills are more important in GT5 than in WipEout where weapons can palliate level's difference. In GT5 if you are just 1 second less fast than your opponent, you'll never catch him unless an accident. So imagine if your opponent is an hardcore player !
But GT5 is very famous and lot of players, good or not, have bought it & play it.

All games can be fun when you play it with opponents who have a near level than you, you don't need to have WR for that.

phaeton_pl
7th January 2011, 05:17 PM
I know many shortcuts and can pull-off most BR's but i terrible at online racing :redface:

I remember when brainbeat found a glitch on Talons Junction, he wasn't aware that glitches are not welcome here on WZ but his behavior was completely different than Mi1zw1z's. He was really sorry for what he did, and nobody was attacking him.

I'm not obsessed about rankings, I don't care if i have #1 or #5 on the leaderboards behind some glitchers. All i want is to compete with the best players who are honest with their methods and tricks.

Videos - this is another story, in XXI century we have cameras everywhere, in cellphones, computers, toothbrushes. If someone got #1 global he should put a video on YT, it's not that hard to do.

Cheers :)

MegaGeeza22
7th January 2011, 05:19 PM
MrSmadSmartAlex, Harsh lol.
Top pilots no were all the lips on the edge the of tracks are and places to leave the track and in my terms 'misuse' BRs when 50% of people dont no about these places... im not saying new users need an advantage, i just think its wrong to 'glitch roll' on a ledge or side barrier to gain advantage when only a few people no about them. I hate it when im in 1st place and all of a sudden some muppet flies 50feet above my ship and BRs off into the distance.. Sol2 rev!! Cheating is bad in any form, like in the cheats thread i said leaderboard glitchers arnt cheats... there hackers
Its ok though to use tons of BRs on the track like for Zicos trophy:) but i disagree with using the sides as a ramp

Colonel
7th January 2011, 05:27 PM
I think I must have accidentally glitched on Metropia at some point, My multiplayer race time on Rapier is 10th in the world! There's no way that can be right, I'm slow as sh*t :lol

Personally I've never sought out any glitches or cheats on Wipeout, it would simply ruin any sense of accomplishment. Not having a go at anyone, just my personal view.

leungbok
7th January 2011, 05:32 PM
And an other & recent exemple, Gran Turismo 5. The skills are more important in GT5 than in WipEout where weapons can palliate level's difference
I don't have the game, mate you know ! ;) But i heard that players with driving assistance can be faster than pilots playing in simulation's config ! So politics of sony for their games is to low the global level of their gamers ! :rolleyes:

Oryx Crake
7th January 2011, 05:34 PM
whats your time then colonel? :)

kaori
7th January 2011, 05:39 PM
I don't have the game, mate you know ! ;) But i heard that players with driving assistance can be faster than pilots playing in simulation's config ! So politics of sony for their games is to low the global level of their gamers ! :rolleyes:
I know, but like WipEout, the host can set all, and forbid all assistance ;)

leungbok
7th January 2011, 05:49 PM
So good pilots who leaves all the assistance available knows what to expect ! :p

MrSmadSmartAlex
7th January 2011, 05:49 PM
MrSmadSmartAlex, Harsh lol.
Top pilots no were all the lips on the edge the of tracks are and places to leave the track and in my terms 'misuse' BRs when 50% of people dont no about these places... im not saying new users need an advantage, i just think its wrong to 'glitch roll' on a ledge or side barrier to gain advantage when only a few people no about them. I hate it when im in 1st place and all of a sudden some muppet flies 50feet above my ship and BRs off into the distance.. Sol2 rev!! Cheating is bad in any form, like in the cheats thread i said leaderboard glitchers arnt cheats... there hackers

You were saying that new users need (and deserve) an advantage though. lol. Or at least it appeared that way.
About BRs off the rails; if it's not taking advantage of an error in the programming (bouncing up very high after hitting some object and boosting over half the track is glitching though, I agree), it's not glitching/cheating, it's just skill and knowledge. Of course new players can't keep up with it, and they shouldn't be able to. They haven't practiced enough and don't know the game yet. If they want to learn, there's plenty of players here and in other places who'll gladly offer advice and encouragement, and after that, it's up to them to practice. But if they're going to cry and quit just because they can't be the best in the world without trying or cheating, good riddance.
What are you saying? That this guy's glitched Venom times should be considered legit because he's young and relatively new to the game, for example? It doesn't work like that. No form of competition does. Do they allow less experienced athletes to take performance enhancing drugs in the Olympics? :D

texasalex
7th January 2011, 06:42 PM
seems like FERFLAPPENDERAH used the same glich on Talons Junction TT Venom
and some other tracks...

I once flew with him on venom and he overtook me on the straight. that seemed a little strange to me.

check the records, i don´t want to accuse somebody wrongly.

Connavar
7th January 2011, 06:47 PM
You guessed right, he's got some awesome new records in venom/flash.
Moa rev, metro rev, world records :)

Thanks for reporting this, if you notice other glitchers too, because I need to
know who to filter out.

Colonel
7th January 2011, 06:51 PM
You were Of course new players can't keep up with it, and they shouldn't be able to. They haven't practiced enough and don't know the game yet. If they want to learn, there's plenty of players here and in other places who'll gladly offer advice and encouragement, and after that, it's up to them to practice. But if they're going to cry and quit just because they can't be the best in the world without trying or cheating, good riddance.

Spot on. Disagree with you on the Olympics thing though, I think all drug testing should be withdrawn. I want to see someone do the 100 metres in 7 seconds, eyes bulging out of their head, screaming all the way. :g

Colonel
7th January 2011, 06:58 PM
whats your time then colonel? :)

Just checked and it's actually Metropia Reverse on venom. 122.97, best lap 17.5... 11th worldwide. God knows what happened, I don't even remember it, think it was shortly after I'd bought the game, which says it all really.

MegaGeeza22
7th January 2011, 07:04 PM
lol, nobody deserves an advantage.. i just want to see the online section booming with people! i think everyone would agree on that!! if there were loads of people then the "L" learners would all have a place to go! but as it is now you see rank 1s,2s racing with rank 50s,101s. But the best racers always come from nowere! I agree that the people who quit for good because they lose are cry babys!
Anyway... Wipeout?

Wotan
7th January 2011, 07:06 PM
Just checked and it's actually Metropia Reverse on venom. 122.97, best lap 17.5... 11th worldwide. God knows what happened, I don't even remember it, think it was shortly after I'd bought the game, which says it all really.

I think this bug came from zone battle online . That's the only place where you can do 17 seconds by lap ;)

Colonel
7th January 2011, 07:08 PM
Ah, well that explains it, cheers Wotan.

yeldar2097
7th January 2011, 07:30 PM
Wobot knows all :nod

Oryx Crake
7th January 2011, 08:13 PM
I was wondering about clitches actually because I have a single race record on metropia fwd in rapier that is at the nr 11 spot(the time is somewhere around 1.38.xx) on conns site and I remember getting a sh*tload of turbos in that race is there such a glitch? Like "the shitload-of-turbos glitch"? I should add that I did get other things on the pick up pads too, not only turbos.

blackwiggle
8th January 2011, 09:00 AM
Well I intended to stay right out of this whole debacle, but I just went online and raced a Flash race, not my usual speed, but I wanted to see if what was /has been bantered about here is the truth or people are full of crap and got things way out of perspective.

It's not good I'm sorry to say.

2 forum members BOTH used the glitch to overtake me [I mean come flying over the top of me!] on my best track, IN THE SAME RACE.
I won't name them, they know who they are.....one quit straight after the race....guilty conscience I suspect.

Neither has stated that they will refuse to use the glitch even though I KNOW both know how to use it, one has even posted in this thread, yet STILL is using this glitch....when I'm, the last FFiiing person on the planet you want to pull a stunt like that on, is racing against you ...WTF!

A review of your respective continuation in the WO HD Cup will be discussed with Kanar due to tonight's shameful display of unsportman's like conduct.

slow-train
8th January 2011, 09:24 AM
wtf! i hope your not talking about me blackwiggle? if its the race i won on sol2,i won fair and square, i do use the sides of the track for extra brs, but would never cheat! and i left right after cause i was shagged from racing texasalex all moning! in fact me and texas were just talking about this cheat glitch this morning n we both agree that people will continue to use it, but it wont be me or tex!!!!!:frown:

KGB
8th January 2011, 10:08 AM
What are we talking about here? People using lips to BR or the new found speed cheat, it's widespread online already? please tell me not :frown:.

TarquinFarqhuar
8th January 2011, 10:27 AM
I can't speak for texasalex, but I can speak for slow-train, and what I'll say for his defence ( if it is him that blackwiggle is accusing of usin this glitch) I've met slow-train in person. We've spoke about our love of this game, about all aspects of it. From lag to cheats, and I'll stake both my balls to back up his credibility as a HD purist. Slow-train is not a cheat!!!

leungbok
8th January 2011, 10:48 AM
People using lips to BR or the new found speed cheat, it's widespread online already?
Please mate, stop mentioning "using lips to BR", or other people will also declare that as unfair ! loooooooool.

yeldar2097
8th January 2011, 10:55 AM
Mmmm lips are sexy ^_^

Not sure why the future of the WOHD Cup should be in any doubt, I'd say the vast majority of races are held at Phantom (bits of Rapier here and there) and the technique involved to gain the extra speed is almost impossible at these speeds. Sure, you could practice it, but you'd have to be better than everyone else in the world in order to pull it off anyways. In other words, you wouldn't need it ;)
From the very beginning I've thought all races should be held at Phantom speeds anyway, but that's just me being elitist I guess.

kanar
8th January 2011, 10:55 AM
tbh guys I still had no time to try this stuff myself, but from what I understand it's affecting a LOT slower speed classes. I think more & more we should release the infos about this stuff, in order to avoid conflicts between nice fellow pilots. I really still don't know what to think about that atm, as it's somewhat similar to Jaytech. And I still don't know what could be the impact of this stuff on the phantom boards, can it be useful? argh on some straight lines? EDIT : THANKS YELDAR FOR THE UPDATE, HOPEFULLY PHANTOM IS SAFE THEN LOL Maybe we shouldn't allow venom & flash speed classes after round 1, in the cup.

Also, I'm really doubting about you Djm; I had a talk with long timer Chaos80, wipeout pilot since ages... He really felt something weird when racing you, especially on ubermal venom.

So what are my conclusions there. This stuff is about to definitely ruin wipeout hd, sooner or later, so let's just widespread this "discovery". My opinion this morning lol.

KGB
8th January 2011, 10:58 AM
The lip thing isn't cheating, that's been around long before HD hasn't it? I'll make a stand for Slow-Train as well, In all the time I've been playing him I've never thought of him as a cheat, just fast. As for Texasalex, his vids prove that he is just very, very good.

This, I'm afraid is what is going to happen. Everyone paranoid that everyone else is using this glitch. GAME OVER I think.

kanar
8th January 2011, 11:01 AM
GAME OVER for venom & flash kgb, maybe a bit Rapier class too, but this trick at phantom is hardly useful.

Dark_Phantom_89
8th January 2011, 11:06 AM
Well this is just going to bring up mass paranoia whenever somebody chooses a lower speed class in the cup now. FFS :brickwall

KGB
8th January 2011, 11:08 AM
Only 3/4 knackered then ;). Maybe I'm over reacting and getting on my moral high horse, but speed lap, Time trial and online at those speeds all seem to of been compromised beyond repair.

It's just a great shame for everyone. Just as well I like Phantom.

yeldar2097
8th January 2011, 11:14 AM
Some of the TT/SL scores at lower classes are lost forever, yes, but there's certainly a few that a beatable. I'm by no means a specialist at the sub-phantom classes and I reckon I could have a few. Get Texas, barny, shape, phaeton etc... on the case and we'll have the top spots cleared in no time. Don't give up hope (cheers Cat :)).
Let's be honest, there's some pretty fubar phantom scores as well, some of them completely random *ahem*SaturnReturnUbermallReverseTT*ahem*. What? :lol

Keep calm and WipE on :+

SaturnReturn
8th January 2011, 11:20 AM
I guess if someone admits it and gets a hard time from people then no-one else is going to admit it and paranoia will reign, like never before.

I suggest an amnesty, i.e. a thread where people can own up to use of a glitch, can promise never to use it again, and no-one will say anything bad about it.

As for me, well I mainly race at Phantom, but can't deny these things cross my mind when a lead suddenly disappears, and when I suddenly see brand new players beating everyone. I had good faith before. These things were brought up with me ages ago, but I didn't want to start accusing people without any proof, so I suggested that, if it couldn't be discussed neutrally then best not to start something at all. It's come out eventually and I hope word hasn't spread too far.

@DjM1zw1z - Like I said, I don't see anyone trusting your times now. However, you can help us all out, and perhaps go some way to gaining some appreciation from folks. Firstly, you can let us (or me, or someone you trust) know how many others you know of who used this glitch, as well as the source of it. This way we can get a better idea whether it's anything to worry about. If you know people who use it then I would actively discourage them to use it and encourage them to own up to it. I'll start a thread where they can do so and will 'lay the smackdown' as it were, on anyone who gives them grief.

This is really all I can think of to help the situation. Show of hands from anyone who supports this approach?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

*ahem*SaturnReturnUbermallReverseTT*ahem*. What? :lol

Stop making me feel bad.:mad: But seriously, if anyone ever has any suggestions on how that might have happened then let me know on my profile or something. It's always baffled me.:blarg

leungbok
8th January 2011, 11:25 AM
Everyone paranoid that everyone else is using this glitch. GAME OVER I think.
At least tell me that Yeldar is using this glitch in all classes from the begining ! :p

8th January 2011, 11:44 AM
i think its also important that we get some surefire ways of telling whos glitching so we don't start having a go at anyone and everyone and getting all paranoid. im sure it isnt as bad as being made out to be is it? IS IT?!?!? :lol

bit like this but a how to tell who's glitching version :D
http://www.catswhothrowupgrass.com/kill.php

KGB
8th January 2011, 11:46 AM
@ Leungbok. I always thought there was something fishy going on there :)

If we were to see a video of this glitch in operation would it give away how you do it?

slow-train
8th January 2011, 11:51 AM
GAME OVER for venom & flash kgb, maybe a bit Rapier class too, but this trick at phantom is hardly useful.
its a shame this has happened,i race ven n flash daily against sinus1,texasalex,tarquin and many more great lower class pilots! now it will never be the same again!
so i'll just have to do what rezatron suggested to me last week, to take of my training wheels and come and race phantom with the big boys lol

Colonel
8th January 2011, 11:52 AM
bit like this but a how to tell who's glitching version :D

Haha, that's ace. This is a page linked from that site, made me laugh lots http://divisibleby0.com/murder/

Dark_Phantom_89
8th January 2011, 11:59 AM

Bravo Nut, bravo. :rock :clap :lol

yeldar2097
8th January 2011, 12:03 PM
If we were to see a video of this glitch in operation would it give away how you do it?

Yes, it's properly blatant. It would also show you why it would be nigh on impossible at high speeds. That and you can only really use it on straight sections of track.
Actually I shouldn't really be giving clues should I? Shut up yeldar, keep it to yourself so you can reign supreme!!
-_- :lol

Afaik this glitch/bug/whatever was discovered completely by accident and only used by those who discovered it themselves (2 or 3 people tops). I'd like to think there wasn't some sort of glitch-sharing group who all kept quiet about it and kept their records subtle. Pretty sure most players wouldn't even think of that.
Maybe I should be worried that I did...? :P

texasalex
8th January 2011, 12:22 PM
i´m trying to record all my matches at the cup and upload them to my youtube account.

i think this is a good preservation of getting blamed as a glitcher.

but this can´t be the final solution to this problem. has anyone tryed to contact the guys at studio liverpool?

i don´t know how the glitch works but there must be a way to patch it away. (without any change to the handling of course!)

leungbok
8th January 2011, 12:24 PM
We already tried to contact SL a year ago about giant shortcut's glitches, with videos to show them ! But still no answer :(

kanar
8th January 2011, 12:34 PM
Gah no I think SL won't help there sadly. Too late, too many stuffs happened (SL dismantlement...), but I believe Yeldar's opinion there. Maybe it's not as bad as it looked first. As you said Texasalex, let's just try to record our races in the cup (especially the rounds in venom/flash on the tracks with long straight lines).

I don't want to forbid the slower classes on the cup just for that.

yeldar2097
8th January 2011, 01:14 PM
Maybe it's a test from SL to see how much we really love this game.

Let's keep playing and show them that we need another title!

Other than that, I'm going to try to fix some of the records right now (with video of course ;) )

MegaGeeza22
8th January 2011, 02:05 PM
I dont think its game over for the lower speed classes... i always play a mixture of all 4. you do get the occasional person who goes up the lip of the side barrier to get air but its easy to spot these because they come flying over your head from nowere...
The only time i fumed at someone cheating was on Sebenco climb reverse on phantom class, I just over took this person on the straight because he hit a bomb in the tunnel, i was 2nd and really happy! (i usually come 5th or below at this speed) i thought i finished 2nd when i finished but when the results came up i was third... i didnt see him pass me! so i think a big phat shortcut was used as there was only a few tight corners left..
I dont think its ruined the game because these people are easily spotted and 95% of the time races are legit. its the cheats who play offline that spoil the leaderboards.

leungbok
8th January 2011, 02:12 PM
The only time i fumed at someone cheating was on Sebenco climb reverse on phantom class, I just over took this person on the straight because he hit a bomb in the tunnel, i was 2nd and really happy! (i usually come 5th or below at this speed) i thought i finished 2nd when i finished but when the results came up i was third...
that's called lag ! ;)

MegaGeeza22
8th January 2011, 02:21 PM
It could of been lag but i left them at the tunnel and they were nowere to be seen..
usually lag is when your neck and neck and your nose crosses the line 1st but you come 2nd!!

yeldar2097
8th January 2011, 02:37 PM
There can be huge amounts of lag. I can remeber one race in particular where, during the race I was around 13 seconds behind ericd7m, but at the end of the race the game showed me as having beaten him by around 0.3 seconds :P

Challenger #001
8th January 2011, 02:40 PM
I suggest an amnesty, i.e. a thread where people can own up to use of a glitch, can promise never to use it again, and no-one will say anything bad about it.

What, like an Alcoholics Anonymous thread?

"Hello everyone, my name's Bob and I... cheat at WipEout."
"Hi Bob."

yeldar2097
8th January 2011, 02:41 PM
Anti-tripe

MegaGeeza22
8th January 2011, 02:58 PM
Blimey... great video! i couldn't see any glitching, i wish i could race like that...
Alan partridge - Legend

SaturnReturn
8th January 2011, 03:03 PM
What, like an Alcoholics Anonymous thread?

Well kind of I guess. What's the other option? Everyone just gets all paranoid and suspicious of each other? It's happening already. I doubt many people would own up to it but if it carries on and becomes a real problem for folks then maybe it's worth a shot.

Or I guess maybe humour is an option.

To the tune of a well known Katy Perry song:

I used a glitch and I liked it,
won-der if others mind it,
They're hun-tin' this witch,
I should hide it,
Just hope that no-one else finds it.

It might be wrong,
but it's a feeling I like,
I'm top of the lea-der boards to-night.

Jav
8th January 2011, 03:15 PM
I don't think any of the regular players and posters on here should be mistrusted. In fact I believe every single regular on here is honest. It's the people who are less known and don't post on here that often that would be seen as suspicious when they leave a good player far behind, but really, I don't think that would happen at all. Frankly it's the regular posters on here that are considered world class.

yeldar2097
8th January 2011, 03:25 PM
I should hide it,

It might be wrong,
but it's a feeling I like,
I'm top of the lea-der boards to-night.

Pahahahahaha :lol

I love it!

Jav
8th January 2011, 03:44 PM
This was never the way I planned
Not my intention
I lost my head, indeed I went
It's better not to mention
It's not what, I'm used to
Just need more speed I'm not that good!
Set some new world records
Now wait for the reactionsss!

I should hide it,
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
But I'll be top of the leaderboards to-night.
I liked it.

SaturnReturn
8th January 2011, 03:56 PM
Lulz. I thought up some more lines too Jav. I'll write them all down and then we can merge them together to craft it into one epic spoof song thing and put it up on youtube. :lol

Jav
8th January 2011, 03:59 PM
Sounds a PLAN. Everyone'll sing a few lines and record it on webcam, then send it and upload :lol

Medusa
8th January 2011, 06:40 PM
LOL that's very funny haha. My reaction to this thread is, oh look, cheating in wipeout again...:rolleyes.
Screw all the cheaters out there, my reaction to any and all kinds of cheating is that whoever doesn't want to play the game properly can go crawl in a hole and die. :twisted (Don't take this literally. What it really means is, instead of spending time cheating, maybe one could go read up on chivalry or morality or go do something to build character. Don't just go die cause I said so.)
It's a game for godsake. Play it. I will play wipeout the way I feel is "properly", and when I'm playing online, I'll try to ensure I"m only playing others who feel the same way. If that means playing only people I know after all this is said and done and gets spewn around the interwebz (it will, just like the Pulse crap did), fine. I don't care. The leaderboards be damned, there's leaderboards here and on Connavar's site which can be kept clean of loser's times. Blah. There I've said it, and it feels good. :)

Darkdrium777
8th January 2011, 08:06 PM
as it's somewhat similar to JaytechExcept it's not other than the fact that you gain a substantial amount of speed. The way it's accomplished is totally different and entirely up to your abilities as a player (*)
Jaytech was Jaytech, no matter who used it.

Just saying.

I guess everyone sees it as an exploit though so that answers the question I asked a while ago before this thread totally exploded.

(*) I say that but I was in the process of trying it out with Pilot Assist on at higher speed classes when my PS3 died so I'm not 100% sure on that.

miizu3
8th January 2011, 09:08 PM
Blahh, I'm quite frustrated at the moment about this whole cheat thing here.
First of all I'm racing mainly at flash speed and had great races with slow-train online many times. Never been thinking he's cheating, he is just simply a fast pilot.

The "flying over" someone... uh, I don't get how it could be seen as cheating. There's many ways that could happen. Turbos, sideshift-brs, using the sides of a track - these are not cheating, right?
Maybe I'm happily unaware of this cheat that's in question.

About the starter of this thread. There was this one online race, from which I actually remember his name in first place. I was having a decent race (means getting some turbos and not too many weapons used against me). And there's this guy, I've never seen before, who doesn't really know how to br but still gets ahead of me leaving me behind more and more. Could be he was just purely lucky with MANY turbos but it just seemed odd at the time.

Now I'm really sorry to hear if there's a plan of cutting other speed classes out from the cup.
Personally I'm almost always racing at slower speeds and really suck at phantom. After all this cup was meant for everybody, and slower speeds require different knowledge of the tracks than phantom. So it would be like phantom players have their advantage with their choices but it would be taken away from slower speed pilots. I would be ready to video my games but can't speak for others, if they have the possibility for it.

Respect for all honest players,
miizu3:)

Oryx Crake
8th January 2011, 09:37 PM
After having thought about this for a while, keeping especially jav's comments in mind, I've come to the realization that for me I never really cared about beating anyone I didn't know was good from first hand knowledge, or to put it another way I dont care where I come so much on the leaderboards in terms of pure numbers, what I care about is where I place myself in relation to the players I acknowledge. For example, Yeldar, Pirhapac, leungbok, Tarquin etc. because I know for a fact that these names are legends and not cheaters.

Or to put it another way: If I cant see for myself or if they aren't vouched for by this community to bee good and honest, a player on the leaderboards, to me is just another couple of letters and numbers. I know who's times matter to me and who I care about beating in online races. The rest is of no consequence to my enjoyment of this game.

8th January 2011, 09:40 PM
Well said there Oryx :D :+

I know the first thing i do when i finish a race is go straight to the friends leaderboard.
"Damn still 3 seconds off DP :lol"

blackwiggle
8th January 2011, 10:23 PM
If somebody can explain to me how the hell anybody can come down on top of another racer [Not boosting over with nose up/turbo], just as that racer is running over the pick up/weapon pads at the beginning of the home straight of Sol2 forward, without using a glitch/exploit go ahead, I'm all ears!

It would seem from my brief encounter with the lower speed classes that they have become like Dodge City, and that this Glitch/exploit has not only been used for some considerable time, but has become so wide spread it has become accepted practice among those who make these speed classes their specialty.
[reading some of the replies in this thread have basically confirmed this to be true]

It's a pity, if only for the reason that those who are using them can't see the damage they are doing to the game.

Most if not all newcomers to Wipeout started at the lower speed classes and work themselves up to Phantom.
They do that because they have gained experience in craft control, learned the tracks by heart and gain some sort of game plan on whether to use a weapon or absorb etc.
This learning curve, slow but steady gaining of skills, has historically been based on the old psychological reward of lose a few win a few principal, that's providing that the required skill level to win a few has been reached.

Now if you put in this glitch/exploit, which is being used in these training classes [I don't mean that as slight to venom/Flash specialists] the win to loss ratio is altered to such an extent that those new to Wipeout, who either don't use the glitch/exploit by choice, or are oblivious to it's existence, won't be getting their fair share of wins.
The inevitable result is loss of interest in getting better and eventual abandoning of the game entirely.

If you don't have new people joining into the Wipeout community then that community will die due to natural attrition, no community means no people playing it, then they shut the servers down, end of story.

SaturnReturn
8th January 2011, 11:35 PM
As far as I've read I still only know two people using it. What makes you think it's accepted practice BW?

Reezy
8th January 2011, 11:37 PM
@blackwiggle.
A lot of the elitely skilled pilots on this board have a very good reputation and I think it is very unfair to hurl accusations at the majority of them, just because a tiny minority have been abusing a glitch.

"but has become so wide spread it has become accepted practice among those who make these speed classes their specialty.
[reading some of the replies in this thread have basically confirmed this to be true] "

These words to me imply that you do mean those very people, and is a bit disrespectful to be honest.

Call me naive but if they say they haven't been using this glitch then I'd like to believe them.

Oryx Crake
8th January 2011, 11:47 PM
@bw I dunno about standard practice or anything, though I do agree that my win/loss ratio has been getting worse of late...

In any case I'd like to refer you to my last post on the page before this one.
I mean I honestly dont see the point of being angry with the fact that there are glitches in the game for very long, not that I like the fact that there are but, honestly, what can we do about it? We can either live with it and be proud that we are honest racers who dont abuse the glitches, or we can cry bloody murder every time we see a glitch being used... I for one will choose the former.

MegaGeeza22
8th January 2011, 11:48 PM
Blimey.. i think someone should lock this thread lol, before it gets out of hand!:redface:

SaturnReturn
9th January 2011, 12:20 AM
Really? I think it's pretty tame considering. Threads have been locked in the past that were far worse than this and people have complained about their freedom of speech bla bla bla.

That's not to say people should make it worse. Keep it measured folks.:+

amplificated
9th January 2011, 12:40 AM
If somebody can explain to me how the hell anybody can come down on top of another racer [Not boosting over with nose up/turbo], just as that racer is running over the pick up/weapon pads at the beginning of the home straight of Sol2 forward, without using a glitch/exploit go ahead, I'm all ears!

It would seem from my brief encounter with the lower speed classes that they have become like Dodge City, and that this Glitch/exploit has not only been used for some considerable time, but has become so wide spread it has become accepted practice among those who make these speed classes their specialty.
[reading some of the replies in this thread have basically confirmed this to be true]

Firstly, due to the lag in the game, it's hard to tell what other people are doing - full stop. Everything on screen seems to be a disjointed version of events taking place a second behind what is actually happening. Personally, I've raced slow-train in the past and I haven't ever thought he was cheating.

Secondly, I'm calling bullshit. I really don't think that many random players stumble across wozone in a period of a few hours to the point where every other player who plays the game is going to know about the exploit, let alone use it. I'm also failing to remember seeing any replies from players declaring that they're going to use this online, but I'd be happy for you to point some out to me though.
Venom takes a different set of skills to master than Phantom, and it's very BR-heavy. Maybe you're just not used to it?

yeldar2097
9th January 2011, 12:41 AM
It was meeeeeeeee, I'm using it everywhere! :hyper
...Nothing like lightening the mood when you have nothing of value to add :lol

Although I must agree, there's only a handful of people that know about this glitch, and prior to this thread being made I'm pretty sure there were only 3 people that knew about it, one of which was me (as a result of talking to one of the people who actually used it). Now that this thread is out, and handful of other players know about it too, none of whom I would ever think to acuse of using it. Respectable players basically. Most pilots are too good for this kind of thing, we're elitist and snobby like that ;)

Darkdrium777
9th January 2011, 01:21 AM
Read this thread with the Indian accent and there's absolutely no tension (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw6RgIf6epQ)...

;)

yeldar2097
9th January 2011, 01:54 AM
Tripe removed

SaturnReturn
9th January 2011, 02:05 AM
Well if there's still that much time to gain then it does make me wonder what the big deal is on these other tracks. Proving it's achievable, by anyone, supports what DjM has said really, in that his times aren't glitched on those tracks. People can not believe it all they like but it's only if they're impossible to achieve without it that anyone can be sure, at least with out absolute proof.

Also, I don't get the Alan Partridge thing, and this last one seems a bit unnecessary.:naughty

Jav
9th January 2011, 02:11 AM
Lmao Yeldar has gone on some epic 'beat the crap out of Djm1z' spree, love it :lol

Yes Saturn, but a relatively new guy leaving Yeldar and Leung behind on a 4 lap time trial is very suspect, as (and I am sorry) I don't think DjM would get anywhere near those times without the glitch. Then again I also like to think of humans as good and honest people, everyone that does not have power to rule within reach at least, but it's highly suspect this time.

MegaGeeza22
9th January 2011, 02:11 AM
lol, yeldars video almost makes me want to give up wipeout lol! i wish i had all that free time... then maybe id be better.

yeldar2097
9th January 2011, 02:52 AM
Yeah ok fine I'll edit out the tripe, wevs.

amplificated
9th January 2011, 03:19 AM
Yeldar's video was about 90% flawless and still only got the top time by .02 off a known glitcher, whose only videos haven't been particularly spectacular displays of skill - when they were uploaded less than 2 months ago. And now he refuses to record videos. Very, very sus to say the least I think.

TBH I think this glitch is a bit weird, and if it became more well known a lot earlier, it could possibly have been a legit tactic. However, when there's so many years of history behind the series and around 2 years of records being made in this game without the knowledge or the use of this glitch (which is so unintuitive and nonsensical, less than a handful of people had even discovered it after 2 years), it's fair to say it shouldn't be used. It's obviously not meant to be a part of the game, and it's a shame Studio Liverpool will likely not be releasing any more patches to fix this (or any of the other glitches people have already been complaining about for ages, for that matter).

Honestly, if it were really in dispute, I'd say there should be a poll from the best players and community figures to put a final word on its legitimacy.
Personally I think the factors I listed above take it out of contention for being legit.

icarasDragon
9th January 2011, 03:42 AM
I couldn't care less about this glitch, with it being censored and all this arguing who isn't of scared being yelled at if they are discovered using it. the leaderboards are so buggered up with bad uploads, cheaters, glitchers, liars and hackers I only read or watch unedited videos or recounts by some of the most respected pilots! /rant

blackwiggle
9th January 2011, 08:07 AM
I've decide to throw in the towel regarding this or any other glitch/exploit.
It seems nobody really cares anyway, so stuff it.

I've been playing HD online since day one, I know when something strange occurring is due to Lag [which this incident defiantly was not] or a glitch.

Why do insist that a glitch was used you may ask?
Because there is a stash of private videos that were made ages ago that showed this exact glitch, plus many more.
It was made to prove a point, or to put it bluntly, proof that somebody who was using glitched times to get on top of the leader boards, and it was decide by all that knew about the glitch's and who viewed the videos not to use them, or to tell others how to do them for the intention of protection of the legitimacy of the records.
That's all gone to **** now anyway with this current mess.

On the Sol2 forward glitch's it shows the take off points and the arrival back on the track points, which is where I was at one of them when it happened, and I've race that track online at least 1000+ times and it has never happened before, so naturally my suspicions were automatically raised.

Who the actual perpetrator was remains in doubt, I don't know for sure, I can't remember who else was in the room, if I did I would name them, all I know were the zoners who I was racing at the time, who I have never named by the way.
I know Slowtrain, Texasalex, Tarqinfarquar , Sinus1 and the rest of the Venom/Flash experts are damm fast, and they don't need to cheat to win.

It just seemed one hell of a coincidence to me that this very thread reporting the use of a glitch at venom/Flash speeds appears at the zone, then within 24 hours I happen to be in a race with a few of the above zoners and somebody decides to use it, right in front of me!
What the hell am I supposed to think?

It would be negligent in my duty as a raptor in the HD WC to not call attention/warning to what I thought might end up being a possible breaching of the code of ethics, in fairness to all competitors.

I had to call it as I saw it.

Ok , ready for the firing squad now.

phaeton_pl
9th January 2011, 09:11 AM
:P I have nearly 900 hours of gameplay on my account (60% is venom/flash) and i've never found this glitch before. I do speed laps most of time, trying to find some tricks, shortcuts, overusing sideshifts, finding ideas how to get faster but i NEVER noticed this glitch. I'm i just unaware or this glitch is not so obvious and easy to find? Anyway, i don't think it's widespread at all and there is no need to panic :nod

:( This topic have so many clues how to do this glitch that i found it easily last night :( I'm affraid i'm not the only one. We should move on i think, this topic brings attention and is not helping to keep the glitch in secret.

P.S. I was checking leaderboards over the weekend. Venom, flash - M1zw1z is everywhere. I was happy to "fix" some of those #1 records :)

blackwiggle
9th January 2011, 09:33 AM
Please don't tell me you used the glitch as well to knock him off. :brickwall

KGB
9th January 2011, 09:35 AM
It just seemed one hell of a coincidence to me

I would suspect that that was all it was Blackwiggle. Also are you saying that this glitch has been know for a while or are you talking about another one.

Slow-Train as of this moment has pulled out of the cup due to this. I hope some of us could talk him round. I haven't talked to him much prior to the cup starting, I have since, and it would be a big loss if he wasn't playing. He isn't interested in how to do this glitch. Someone who has been playing so long as you Blackwiggle should know strange things can happen in multiplayer without it meaning someone is cheating.

leungbok
9th January 2011, 09:37 AM
Lol, hey Blackwiggle, mate, Phaeton is certified "glitchlessized" ! ;)

phaeton_pl
9th January 2011, 09:43 AM
Please don't tell me you used the glitch as well to knock him off. :brickwall

Yeah, i typed " M L I " on my keyboard. I got 100% of ammo and energy but lost all the treasures i found before :)

Oryx Crake
9th January 2011, 09:46 AM
When did all this turn from suspecting DjM of cheating into suspecting anyone whos ever posted and impressive record? I've raced slow-train a couple of times and although he leaves me in the dust I never see anything strange beyond a wierd amount of skill going on... I dont know if I'm missunderstanding something here but it sounds like some of the top players, who I'd never doubt, are being accused of cheating?

Where did the trust go?

(I know I'm exagerating a bit saying every top player but if you suspect one then why not all?)

mikrucio
9th January 2011, 09:56 AM
Hey Wiggle

We are lucky the servers don't belong to EA.

COZ THEY WOULD ALREADY BE SHUtDOWN! lol

Moral of the story

"kids, Don't by EA games"

Also iv got a permanent fix for the glitch guys.

STOP RACING VENOM AND FLASH THOSE ARE GAY> COME AND PLAY PHANTOM.

Dark_Phantom_89
9th January 2011, 09:59 AM
It's a pretty low tactic (and I use that word in the loosest term possible) to resort to this sort of thing in a vain attempt to get somewhere that you can't. Yes the leaderboards are messed up but this isn't the case for every track and if I went for SL's and TT's at the lower classes more often I'd be pretty pissed off.

Of course these accusations are going to turn into witch-hunts aimed at people who race at those classes but I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that these people are veterans and already have the necessary skills to compete with the top so they have no need to resort to cheap underhand tactics.

M1zw1z owned up and admitted the error of his ways and I think he should gain a little respect back for this, however as phaeton pointed out, the fact that his name is everywhere on the lower classes shows that he exploited this and made himself almost unbeatable legit before spilling the beans.

So M1zw1z, that's why some people are still annoyed with you. You set off the fireworks, let them cause carnage any only then said "yeh I did it." It doesn't really have much value unfortunately because the damage has already been done.

DjM1zw1z
9th January 2011, 10:04 AM
STOP RACING VENOM AND FLASH THOSE ARE GAY> COME AND PLAY PHANTOM.

I am. Phantom Owns! :rock

amplificated
9th January 2011, 11:01 AM
can you also stop kissing arse?

blackwiggle
9th January 2011, 11:04 AM
Yes Wakefield is being rezoned as the new Cambodia, absorb weapons while playing online is my advise.

stinkleroy
9th January 2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah, i typed " M L I " on my keyboard. I got 100% of ammo and energy but lost all the treasures i found before :)

Bwahaha, best thing I've read in this thread so far ;)

Also I can vouch for Slow-train, I raced him eons ago at flash class and we had some awesome close races (with him always winning) but he has always been mighty fast at this speed...please come back to the cup mate :(

amplificated
9th January 2011, 11:36 AM
Pulling out of the cup because one person has blindly pointed the finger at a bunch of names is pretty weak. I'd rather he stay in the cup, and records his next match to remove any doubt. It's easy to do, and the tournament is better the stronger its lineup is... basically, we're missing out as much as he is.

KGB
9th January 2011, 11:45 AM
That's the problem, he shouldn't have to remove any doubt. You now feel he should record a race to prove he isn't a cheat, why? As Slow-Train said himself to me "**** sticks". What a mess this is. To top it all off the OP is now asking who his next opponent is in the cup, I've resisted so far to reply to that one.

Jav
9th January 2011, 12:02 PM
At the end of the day, it'd been better if this thread had not been created. Or edited & closed very quickly.

DreamyElf
9th January 2011, 12:04 PM
I didn't follow the thread much but i just wanted to say one thing.
I met slow-train during my early days on wipeout hd when i used to race on rapier and a bit flash.
At first i thought that he cheats because he won by huge secs the races.
But then i joined zone i saw some videos of the masters and i tried to practice.
I finally managed to compete with him and even won a couple of races...
Just because he is great on venom and flash, it doesn't mean that he cheats, he just played the game a LOT.

Anyway, i've just wanted to say that slow-train is one of my most respected pilots, he plays the game for the reason i play it: for FUN, not to be 1st on the records and most of all he is a very friendly and honest person. :)

edit: I agree with Jav, threads like this only end-up bad, i remember 2 of them back in the summer...

amplificated
9th January 2011, 12:14 PM
That's the problem, he shouldn't have to remove any doubt. You now feel he should record a race to prove he isn't a cheat, why?

For me, he doesn't have to. But then, really, it's not that hard to make videos. I did it for my match and I don't even really know why.
However, I agree that being asked to prove a negative is a ridiculous proposition in most cases, including this one... that said, I don't think that when you have a reputable record, everyone is going to gang up against you at the word of one individual who has no proof and started dropping names and then saying "I don't know who it was". It's a weak accusation, and as has been shown by the responses in this thread, most people know that.

To top it all off the OP is now asking who his next opponent is in the cup, I've resisted so far to reply to that one.
I saw that as well, and I'm sitting there thinking he shouldn't even be allowed to compete, but that's just me. He hasn't done anything to lessen impact of many, many glitched records, and he still sounds like a little brat. He should shut up, go away, and come back when he adds something respectable to his belt. If he thinks it's unfair that his enjoyment of the game is lessened because of it, he should consider that he's caused many other people's enjoyment of the game to be lessened by a multitude of glitched times taking up space (sometimes 2 slots for the same event) at the top of the leaderboards, just to serve his own self importance. Hell, due to this whole problem we've got a well-known player leaving the tournament after a (probable) false accusation of cheating. Pretty ****ing unfair if you ask me.

Jav
9th January 2011, 12:18 PM
My call: convince slow-train to get back in the cup, remove DjM (for the sake of having no controversy with each and every of his races) and close this thread immediately.

DjM1zw1z
9th January 2011, 12:25 PM
why is slow-train out of the cup

leungbok
9th January 2011, 12:26 PM
I look forward the answers ! :lol

SaturnReturn
9th January 2011, 12:29 PM
As far as I know there's still only two people that definitely used it so unless that changes then I guess there's little point continuing with this. But unless it can be confirmed then daft paranoia will continue.

Thread closed until I can get some answers out of people, because it's clearly not going to evolve to a natural conclusion. Will report back.

SaturnReturn
9th January 2011, 01:44 PM
Update 1: I'm trying to determine the source of the glitch and how widespread it is, or could be. This is not proving easy. My inbox reads like a bunch of scripts for various characters on a murder mystery weekend.http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/s/sherlock.gif

SaturnReturn
9th January 2011, 03:36 PM
DjM1zw1z - I've spoken to DjM via PM. He has apologized and would like everyone to know that he is apologetic. However, I've decided that there is too much uncertainty around what he has said to be able to determine the ultimate truth. BUT, he did own up to this, and while people were throwing accusations around and getting riled up, his reaction was actually quite measured. He wasn't swearing or calling anyone names or any of that. Therefore, I'm not banning him. He will be suspended for a month. In that time he can attempt to prove that the times he claims are genuine actually are, by finding some way to record them. If the trust he's lost is regained then he will be able to come back to the forum. If not, then we'll consider what to do in a month's time. I will recommend that kanar does ban him from the cup on this occasion, simply because the results of that cup are built on trust and that trust is temporarily gone.

blackwiggle - Some people have taken blackwiggle's posts personally. Although there may have been perceived implication of blame for those who were in the same game, in fairness he didn't actually publicly blame anyone in particular. Whatever the reason for this, it's based on his experiences in the game and his knowledge and views. Therefore, anyone with issues about what he has written would be best to take them up with him. I wouldn't like him or anyone else to think that the glitch itself has wrecked the game so will attempt to reassure anyone who feels it has that this is not the case.

slow-train - Plenty of people vouch for your ability and I don't think you have reason to pull out of the cup if you don't want to. I think you should carry on.

General - as far as I know the knowledge of the actual glitch is still extremely limited. There is only one other person who I think may have been using this or some other glitch. If that's proven then his records should be excluded from Connavar's site.
I know what the glitch is, I've tried it at Phantom, and even if someone practised enough to use it there, it wouldn't be enough of an advantage to really be worth the effort, IMO.
If anyone suspects other players are using it then they should try to raise it with them in a reasonable way. If they confirm someone is using it, then discourage them and let Connavar know so that he can exclude their records from his website.
If anyone sees the method for the glitch being spread to other parts of the internet then try to discourage it there too.

That's really all I can do/say on the matter.

Finally, IMO, the glitch itself doesn't break the game and I think we can all carry on playing with the same people we have been knowing that we are a pretty open and honest community. So I'd encourage everyone to keep playing the game, keep rooms public so that new people can enjoy racing the best pilots, and keep enjoying it.

Thanks
SR