PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Wipeout HD XMB Preview?

Mirage
29th December 2010, 12:06 PM
Hi,

I just recieved a PS3 for xmas and have since downloaded WHD/Fury pack and noticed that Wipeout is the only game not to have XMB preview music. Is that correct?

All my other downloaded games like Lemmings etc have both music and video samples, all my blu ray disc movies and games work correctly and all games show full dolby digital soundwhen playing.

XMB has menu sounds, plays my own music ok. All settings are default, firmware and patches are up to date?

Is that normal? The only other discrepency i have with sound is that vidzone sounds as loud as hell and is distorted?

My connection is PS3 -> HDMI -> TV -> Optical -> AV Amp

MY XBOX 360 and dvd player are hooked up the same and they have no issues with this set up?

Any ideas why WipeOut has no preview sound or is that supposed to be the case... in which case my first post is a complete and utter face plant :redface:

Thanks in advance

yeldar2097
29th December 2010, 12:18 PM
Supposed to be the case, nothing to worry about. Struck me as odd at first given all my other games had preview music...

WipEout HD does the talking in the game itself, that's what I say! :+

Welcome to the forum :)

Mirage
29th December 2010, 01:07 PM
What a total dick 'ed i am :redface:

I did search online but found nothing regarding wipeouts xmb sound preview... I thought i had some weird fault with my new stuff.

Thanks for clearing that up though, very much appreciated, now i can stop fiddeling with wires and get back to playing...

ps.
I have no idea how some of you guys hit zone 100 :blarg best i can do is 24 lol any tips are most welcome. :g

SaturnReturn
29th December 2010, 01:10 PM
Lulz, not to worry. I think you're probably just the first person to pause for thought or admiration of the XMB preview, whereas the rest of us just mash the X button trying to launch the game as quickly as possible.:g

Xpand
29th December 2010, 02:34 PM
Lol, I agree with saturn! I got a ps3 this christmas too and downloaded HD. I immediately started a race in phantom! lol Little did I know that the HD controls are a bit different from those of WO3! :g

Mr Phlanj
29th December 2010, 03:50 PM
whereas the rest of us just mash the X button trying to launch the game as quickly as possible.:g

i wish i had the disc so i could auto-play the game on start up :D

and welcome to the zone mirage :beer and dont worry about the zone thing. loads of on here are still trying to get that 1 extra zone past are personal best we set months ago........DAMN YOU ZONE 65!!!

Jav
29th December 2010, 03:52 PM
Zone? Practice, practice, practice, practice.

Did I mention you should practice? :beer

DjM1zw1z
29th December 2010, 05:15 PM
Dont think you did mention it Jav :p
And i do see what you mean, I dont think uncharted 2 has it? Im not sure, ill check it out

infoxicated
30th December 2010, 04:00 PM
XMB preview music (now that we have a term for it!) is one of my pet hates - especially since there's no agreed standard for the volume of it. I really hate the sudden burst of noise you get as you scroll through the icons - it's totally unnecessary.

Sausehuhn
31st December 2010, 03:13 PM
Agreed, Rob.

As WipEout HD was the first game I had installed on my PS3, it was rather annoying to hear music playing when I installed another game.

yeldar2097
31st December 2010, 03:25 PM
Fatal Inertia Ex doesn't have it either xD

I totally agree though. I mean I don't actually mind it that much, but the levels on different games are ridiculous. Snakeball in particular is SO loud, nearly killed my speakers with it.

Connavar
1st January 2011, 10:41 AM
Other games don't have it, I think the PS1 emulated games, maybe MK2 too.

multibodydynamics
6th January 2011, 12:23 AM
I miss the original HD XMB preview. I actually think it looked better than the black and red Fury preview. :frown: