PDA

View Full Version : the Something Awesome thread (happenings, relationships etc)

BulletWraith
12th December 2010, 09:49 PM
I noticed there are a few threads about things that kinda suck/aren't so great
well this is one about things that are Wonderful :D

whats something great thats happened to you lately?

me
yesterday after meditation I had a wonderful intoxicating kiss with one of my friends
and I met some really cool people over the weekend

anyone?

mdhay
12th December 2010, 10:42 PM
SANTAAAAAAAAA! :hyper

Ahem... I got Maya. :D

SaturnReturn
12th December 2010, 10:51 PM
X-factor is over. Hooray! And Matt Baker got into the final of Strictly Come Dancing. Yay! Was dreading him going out - no more sexy Aliona outfits. Weekend TV will be crap without them :( Plus a whole load of other awesome manly type stuff that happened, obviously.

One more week until I have two weeks off work. I have much sleep to catch up on.

Nutcase:259
13th December 2010, 12:00 PM
no more sexy Aliona outfits.

Lol the same reason i watch, shes foxy! :rock
and looks like someone i know... ;)

the something awsome today is that i got my new Lonsdale Shoes (Yay!) and i got a free gift in the form of an absolutly gigantic coffee mug. to give you a clue as to how massive it is. its about as round as a CD and i can finally fit all my fingers in the handle :D
the sixaxis fits in there nicely too :lol

Aeroracer
13th December 2010, 01:13 PM
santa will be coming down my chimley in less than 2 weeks :)

yeldar2097
13th December 2010, 09:52 PM
Hooray for Christmas. My bedsit looked like a seedy XXXmas sex den with all the mood lighting I have (not to mention the grumbling music to give some atmosphere). I turned that around with a fibre-optic-type Christmas village scene and some other bits and bobs. Now it's more like a grotto, it's fab :P

Also spoke to my ex kinda semi maybe not sure girlfriend on the phone for 5 hours today. First contact besides email/webchat in months.

Me happy :)

BulletWraith
14th December 2010, 09:55 AM
a cute girl from acrobatics asked me to dinner before class finished :)
it was really nice, I love spending time with pleasant people like her
and tomorrow I get to go have cuddles with my favorite person in the world right now :nod

ahh happiness

MetaKraken
14th December 2010, 05:45 PM
I think I already mentioned something in the General conversations thread. However...

I just got an "TQM" message (which is short for "I love you" in English) from my cellphone, which is a big surprise for me. :redface:

IndoorSnowStorm
14th December 2010, 08:31 PM
Yesterday night/early this morning I saw 5 shooting stars!! :g
It was during the Geminid Meteor shower, which comes every year at this time. I don't normally follow these things, but once in a while Yahoo! has an article on the homepage about them.

Dan Locke
14th December 2010, 08:54 PM
I've been listening to a lot of The Alan Parsons Project lately; I've always loved that group, but I'd forgotten about it somewhat. If you aren't familiar with it, check out the albums I Robot, The Turn of a Friendly Card, Stereotomy, and Eve. There's also Freudiana, but it's only good if you take out about half of the songs (at 18 tracks long, it's massive enough to still be a full-length album after that), and I don't know if I'd be allowed to post a link to a trimmed-down version here.

WolfKill01
14th December 2010, 09:39 PM
Something awesome, hmmmm.......wearing flip flops and sandals year round despite how cold or wet it gets. 8) And sweatpants. Those are pretty flippin' sweet. Combine the two and you got one of the best freakin things in the world, hands down. :hyper

SaturnReturn
14th December 2010, 10:30 PM
Just ordered myself a new laptop. My current one is OK but runs really hot if I do anything remotely intensive on it. I was in two minds as I managed to fix the flickering screen on this one the other day. But with tomorrow being the day it is, and having worked hard all year, I thought I'd treat myself. The reason it's so awesome is because I managed to get an i5 processor, 1 GB graphics card, 1080p 15.5 inch screen, and a blu-ray writer. Spent ages looking and researching (to the point of embarrassing PCWorld staff with my far superior knowledge) and nothing comes close to this spec for the same price. The closest I can get elsewhere is an HP with 1366x768 display and no blu-ray, or a Samsung with blu-ray ROM only, 512MB graphics card and too big display, both of which are either the same price or more. Plus it's a Sony Vaio, which is what I wanted last time, but was way too expensive.

It'll take 2-3 weeks to be assembled and delivered, but still happy with this. Hooray for expensive self-bought presents.:rock

Darkdrium777
14th December 2010, 10:35 PM
What is the graphics card and how much (If you don't mind answering the last question) ?

Also if it's a beast it will run hot, inevitable. ;) (I should know, a friend has this awesome ASUS laptop that plays SC2 on Ultra :o)

SaturnReturn
14th December 2010, 10:44 PM
Is that the Asus g73? I saw that on the PCWorld site at one point for £1350, which looked like a real bargain. But it was up for less than a week. I didn't really want to pay that kind of money anyway, as I don't want an epic gaming machine.

Anyway, the one I've ordered isn't a 'beast', as it were, and the graphics card isn't the best. It's not a gaming laptop, but a kind of mid-to-high range multimedia laptop I guess, in terms of specs, with some sacrifices on materials and battery life compared to the uber-high end Vaio machines. Will send you the specs and price in a PM.

Darkdrium777
14th December 2010, 10:46 PM
Yeah it's the Asus g73, it's really good (Well obviously :D)

WolfKill01
15th December 2010, 12:28 AM
This blog gets me through a rough day or makes a great one better :)

http://1000awesomethings.com/the-top-1000/

mic-dk
15th December 2010, 07:36 AM
This morning I got to use the sentence "it vexes me greatly" in a real live conversation. It was great!

Oh, and my wife is pregnant, which is also pretty much on top of my Awsome list :hyper

yeldar2097
15th December 2010, 07:54 AM
Hey! Congratulations ^_^

Oryx Crake
15th December 2010, 09:53 AM
wow grats mic!

mic-dk
15th December 2010, 03:19 PM
Thanks!

it remains to be seen how fast it'll be removed from my Awesome! list and instead top my Grinding Gears list... :p

mdhay
15th December 2010, 05:01 PM
...Plus it's a Sony Vaio, which is what I wanted last time, but was way too expensive.

WIN! :D Welcome to the club, brotha. :g

BulletWraith
19th December 2010, 08:17 PM
went to 5Rhythms (a kind of meditative/expressive dance) on friday night in an event center above the water
it was my first time to go, amazing people and so freeing, I felt so present in my body :D

then sat I went for a tramp with some girls and their Moms, stayed over at a uni hut'n came back in the morning
I haven't tramped with such young kids, 3-5 years old, lots of fun, hyjinks and yeh some crying and falls but all and all wonderful :hyper

Aeroracer
20th December 2010, 01:26 AM
i went to regent street to see the xmas lights..was really cool.got all my xmas shopping and had a really nice day.it was cold but i wrapped up warm :)

Medusa
20th December 2010, 01:53 AM
My nearly 2 month old nephew keeps trying to talk to me, while grinning and laughing. It's really awesome and turns me into a little ball of fluff and spice and everything nice and all that corny lot of rhyme. Haha. :)

KGB
20th December 2010, 10:13 AM
Went to the Tate Modern on Saturday, first time ever, Wow! Encountered a big pile of crap on the floor but there was a Francis Bacon painting on display that left me in awe.

mdhay
20th December 2010, 10:36 AM
Did you see the disco floor? Please tell me that was still there.

Also, I'm bringing pastry back. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtLMzIOlmbs)

KGB
20th December 2010, 02:38 PM
No Disco floor, just a big pile of Sunflower seeds. It may be art, but it did nothing for me.

Z°ⁿε
20th December 2010, 03:48 PM
2 weeks ago i went to a club downtown and met a very "nice" girl. Then just last week i saw the girl who im falling in love with.. Next week is Christmas and the following i will be going to another nightclub hopefully with the girl of my dreams!

Xpand
20th December 2010, 04:01 PM
School is over for two weeks.... Two weeks to express all my oppressed creativity! Yay!

Dan Locke
20th December 2010, 05:45 PM
I just beat LS104. I can die happily.

mdhay
20th December 2010, 09:28 PM
Portal. For £2.49. Go get. :D

Jav
20th December 2010, 11:20 PM
Where? PSN? =o

yeldar2097
21st December 2010, 01:27 AM
Steam :D

Darkdrium777
21st December 2010, 03:02 AM
I got Portal for free! (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20004938-58.html)

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6053/simpsonsnelsonhaha2.jpg

:p

DJ Techno
21st December 2010, 04:42 AM
In last seven years.

12 relationship type of relationships.. Falling in love, liking, getting like, getting good some etc.

With the following woman i still look after, know, talk too and more.
Amy
melody s
stacy t
sadie m
jessica
jennifer
natasha b
amanda d
kayla w
amada h
elideth p
jenny l
sarah sa sa
sarah
noa r
baby
jessica s
carrie s
kirstin v
susan b
april s
evey m
shell
stefanie
stephanie s
michellle h
katie m
shannon l
jody l
tanja c
meghan h
and over still 50 more

the man who started a global online tournament in the board then saw it become a big meet up of world tournaments or conventions.

Made it to the north american one and then the european

then got to hear the real words from the people who only read what i say. To actually hear my mouth and be shocked, jaw dropped, surprised, stunned, and what the **** this is not really what i thought.

And after the different groups and people i met in here.
Some have not come back, some have been banned, and some still here.

I'm still here!

oh... and from every other get and meet for the game. im still the only brother (black man) there lol
but im not surprised its all good.

MetaKraken
21st December 2010, 07:16 AM
Has anyone seen the lunar eclipse before? I'm seeing one in PR today! :eek

Darkdrium777
21st December 2010, 07:39 AM
It's been going on for a few hours, but unfortunately there is a cloud cover over the vast majority of Canada and the United States (According to radar images.)
So no, I couldn't see it although I stayed up for it.

Note: it is still going on for those who wish to check it out. Keep your eyes peeled if you live in other parts of the world than those above.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Visibility_Lunar_Eclipse_2010-12-21.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2010_lunar_eclipse#Local_times)

Sorry for the big image, as it turns out it's the smallest in KB size o.O

MetaKraken
21st December 2010, 07:42 AM
Wow. Well, I can see the lunar eclipse clearly in Puerto Rico, me and my dad saw it.

mdhay
21st December 2010, 09:09 AM
I got Portal for free! (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20004938-58.html)

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6053/simpsonsnelsonhaha2.jpg

:p

That is awesome, literally a rofl moment for me, nice one. xD :+

BulletWraith
23rd December 2010, 09:26 AM
mmm Awesome Fire Drumming Solstice Ritual Night
Acrobatics
Mountain top
Moon, fire, running, raptor antics
mmm
beautiful friend closeness, sand, grass, warmth
dancing, free flow
: )
water, ferry, chocolate, friends, water fight, grass
met my mates Mum
attractive
yum

Mr Phlanj
24th December 2010, 07:12 PM
something awesome just happend.

Haydn saw that last part of a program called "top X christmas gifts" and #5 was the 1st wipeout game :D

Mr Phlanj
25th December 2010, 03:11 PM
yeah that was cool. saw number 2 was monopoly. so pretty damn good going i thought! :D

OBH
25th December 2010, 03:12 PM
damn, last post was meant to be logged in as me! :D woops

mdhay
25th December 2010, 07:35 PM
It was the 100 Greatest Toys and it was the PS1, not wipEout. :P

SaturnReturn
25th December 2010, 08:29 PM
Haha, I saw that briefly as I walked past the lounge the other night. It's still pretty cool though, as WipEout was mentioned and discussed relatively extensively, with the adjective 'cool' applied to it. It gave me the opportunity to point and go, "that's the game I play". Also, for my dad to say, "What, the funny car racing one?", and for me to reply, "Yes, but they're not cars (how many times :rolleyes:)."

Medusa
25th December 2010, 11:21 PM
@ BulletWraith:
Lovin' your verses there, that's a good read!
And also, wow I miss your donut sig :)

Darkdrium777
26th December 2010, 05:52 AM
It was the 100 Greatest Toys and it was the PS1, not wipEout. :PThanks for that because I was about to ask if Haydn was watching the history channel or something...
WipeOut, the 5# greatest Christmas gift of 1995!

;)

Ah well as for me to be kind of ontopic: today I saw Ashen's 12 days of Christmas final (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR9NYFfjLNA), the crackers review.
And then I went to a family dinner, and guess what there was on the table! :D

OBH
26th December 2010, 06:31 PM
It was the 100 Greatest Toys and it was the PS1, not wipEout. :P

it was essentially wipeout. they said how the ps1 was awesome then spent 10 minutes talking about wipeout.

plus when they recapped, they said no.5 - wipeout, not no.5 - ps1 :)

the wipeout launch party with orbital playing looked immense.

mdhay
26th December 2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I found some of those Chef Excellence stay fresh bags, was awesome. xD

Oh haha, Haydn. Split hairs more, why don't ya. :P

SaturnReturn
26th December 2010, 07:35 PM
I think it's on Channel4 again now. If I remember then I will tune in at the end and check it out. Then we will know exactly whose hairs to split.:twisted

Mr Phlanj
26th December 2010, 09:28 PM
Oh haha, Haydn. Split hairs more, why don't ya. :P

Im not splitting hairs :) well maybe.

edit:
Oh for god sake, why does kieran have to have wz auto sign in as himself; on his own laptop no less. How selfish :beer

mdhay
26th December 2010, 10:12 PM
Can't do it to mine Sat, I've had it buzzed. :D

SaturnReturn
26th December 2010, 11:45 PM
Really? All of it? That must chafe something awful. :eek

mdhay
27th December 2010, 10:37 AM
I really don't have a decent response to that. :eek It was buzzed a few weeks ago, but it's grown since then.

F.E.I.S.A.R
27th December 2010, 10:45 AM
It's less than a week to school! YAY! :hyper
If you don't know who this is actually done,I'm a student in Secondary 3 next year.

mdhay
28th December 2010, 10:17 AM
Excited? For school? You okay? :g

F.E.I.S.A.R
28th December 2010, 11:10 AM
If you don't know how this is actually done,I'm a student in Secondary 3 next year.
Does this explain anything?

If you still don't know,my previous post was done sarcastically.

mdhay
28th December 2010, 01:19 PM
I know, hence the :g at the end. :P

SaturnReturn
2nd January 2011, 10:49 PM
I just signed up for Dutch lessons. This is something I've always wanted to do but my own self-consciousness and general fear of living in the real world has always prevented me from doing so.

This is in addition to signing up for volunteering with the RSPCA, because I have no animals in my life even though I love being around them. Not sure if the application even worked because their website is pants but I'm at least trying.

In the past I would have thought of a million things that could have gone wrong with either of these, and a million ways I could screw up, and I would have just not done them, but I've realised that I need to get back to myself and not worry so much about the outcome of things, or keep trying to fit what others want me to be. Here's to getting over yourself and getting out there.:beer

Greenix
2nd January 2011, 11:17 PM
Fingers crossed for your application Sat, volunteering to help the RSPCA is an admirable thing to do :)

Challenger #001
2nd January 2011, 11:30 PM
I remember once coming across a wounded fox on my university grounds, not sure what to do with it. Decided to call the RSPCA, but their hotline is for animal cruelty or abandoned animals, neither of which seemed to apply to Vincent (as he was named). Eventually one of the university technitians took him in, being an animal man.

But it's OK now. I just need to tweet Saturn whenever I see a fox now. :D

SaturnReturn
3rd January 2011, 12:18 AM
Hmm, well I'm volunteering for the cattery so you'd have to teach the wounded fox to go "meow" first. :P

After feeling very positive I decided to write to my old school teacher who had been getting back in touch with people via facebook. It became a bit of a "here's my life then" email and I got a tad overwhelmed at the emotional stuff. So much has piled up in my head over the years that I've never talked to anyone about for fear of burdening them. Anyway, my Dad was still awake. I told him most of it and I feel so much better. I think sometimes this upsets him a little, to know how down I am, or have been, but I hope that he knows now that I'm trying to do something about it and be more positive. The biggest thing was that he said my Mum wanted me back at uni at the time she died. I'd felt guilty about going back for almost 7 years. I expect she told me at the time that she was pleased I was going back, but when she died only two days later I'd had such a feeling of guilt, that I had abandoned her, that I could tell no-one. Anyway, sorry for going all serious and down about this, but it's really a positive thing to finally have said that out loud. Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Jav
3rd January 2011, 01:11 AM
That's superb to hear Saturn. I never knew all that had happened to you, or that you are (or have been) down. It's completely understandable you want to get that all off your chest and it's a bloody relief when you do. I completely understand the burdening part, I feel the same, there's a lot of things I would like to share with people but I don't know anyone with whom I'd feel comfortable sharing it. I don't need to tell you how hard it can be to keep going, but it is absolutely key to stay positive and it's great to hear you're trying.

Nice that you're getting out there like you said! In difficult times it's important to have a lot of stuff on your mind, and to look forward to the next day, rather than thinking about staying in bed. If you keep a positive look then things WILL get positive, it's what you make of it. And it's important for every human to move forward; challenge yourself, try new things, get out there. Nice one mate.

Just wondering, why Dutch? :D Oh and you can always ask me questions if you want something explained :beer

My contribution to the thread: I have some important exams coming up and I'm preparing them properly! That means going to the local library to do maths, where I cannot be distracted. :) AWESOME!

SaturnReturn
3rd January 2011, 01:25 AM
My Mum's side of the family is Dutch. I think my Mum was really the last one to speak it. My brother doesn't and none of my cousins do. I've wanted to for a while but just got stuck in a cycle of going to work, coming home and hiding away from the world. This forum has really given me something positive, something to contribute to. It's also given me friends, people with common interests. But I can't see you guys in real life every day and those around me only seem interested in the same things as each other, which isn't what I'm interested in. But I'm not going to bend myself to those people any more. I'm going to embrace who I am inside and let it out. I honestly feel my mindset has changed so much the past few days. Although, compared to the massive jumble of worry and stress that my head has been for most of my life it's really a bit of an odd feeling. I feel like I'm on track to being myself again. It's nice.:)

Good Luck with your studies Jav. One of the things I regret is not learning from my education. All I ever did was pass exams. Really, at the end of it you want to be able to say that you learnt something. So try and make time for proper study throughout the year and talk to tutors etc when you don't understand stuff. Practise is properly and develop the skills and knowledge so that later on you have those to hold onto, because ultimately, they're worth so much more than a piece of paper with even a top grade written on it.

mdhay
5th January 2011, 08:24 PM
Tranformers: War for Cybertron. That is awesome. :hyper

MegaGeeza22
5th January 2011, 08:44 PM
Wolves beating Liverpool and Chelsea in the same week!
that is awesome...:g

stinkleroy
7th January 2011, 04:07 PM
But I'm not going to bend myself to those people any more. I'm going to embrace who I am inside and let it out. I honestly feel my mindset has changed so much the past few days. Although, compared to the massive jumble of worry and stress that my head has been for most of my life it's really a bit of an odd feeling. I feel like I'm on track to being myself again. It's nice.:)

:D

Ah I'm so happy for you, and frankly it's about time! You're a great guy (and I know because I've met you) and you should'nt bend yourself to the will of others. Be happy being you, you have no reason not to be! And as for the 'others', well I've been dealing with that all my life...facing the obligatory 'did you watch x-factor last night' type questions at work, then facing the looks of horror when I tell them I don't watch it because it's appalling etc etc. I've very rarely shared the views of most others, but I learned long ago that life is about making yourself and those you care about happy, no-one else :) Maybe you and I should learn Dutch together, I still only know about 20 words :/ Rosetta Stone here we come :p

On topic - I'm very happy to finally have found a job as a contracts manager after 8 months of unemployment since being made redundant in April last year. My advice for anyone looking to leave their job right now is - don't! It's hell out there.

But Yeay for me! :p

SaturnReturn
7th January 2011, 07:16 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Awesome news Cat! I hope you get on well in your new role. But seriously? 'Manager'? Never mind Dutch, you'll have to learn a whole load of the Double Dutch that is management speak now.:lol

stinkleroy
7th January 2011, 09:42 PM
Haha yes, phrases like 'thinking outside the box' and the like ;) Ah manager is just a bulls**t word to make the job sound more important than it is. Should be fun though, and after 8 months of unemployed life I am more than ready to return to work! Bring it on.

Thanks for the congrats Sat ;)

mdhay
7th January 2011, 09:46 PM
wipEout is definately possible on LBP2, and me and a few peeps from LBPCentral are making it. Anyone up for it? I'd ask you Stinkleroy, but you're going to be busy with your new job... Congrats btw. :g

Sod it, I'm still asking. You want in? No serious contribution, not unless you want to make it so. :D

SaturnReturn
7th January 2011, 10:04 PM
As long as you don't have to facilitate strategic streamlining of the business to ensure the ongoing viability of the company, or anything like that, then it should be good.

Something else awesome - after all the complaining about public transport, something brilliant happened. They put on an extra train. Just the one but it makes all the difference. It means I can leave bang on 5.30 pm and get a train that terminates at my station (and is therefore less busy than usual). Also, if I miss that one, then there's another just 5 minutes later. It's a 'fast' train too. It's basically perfect. I get a seat and everything!!! Also, it means I can stop leaving 15 minutes early. This means I can stop rushing my lunch, and I won't have to put up with being questioned about whether I'm doing a full day's work any more. AND AND AND, I can say goodnight to people without the feeling of guilt that always seems to come with leaving just 15 minutes before everyone else. Finally public transport has come through for me. Woooooooooooooooo!!!!

stinkleroy
7th January 2011, 10:06 PM
Ah thank you mdhay :)

Ooooh a wipeout game on LBP2...sounds awesome! Well we do have the game pre-ordered so it's definately a possibility. However I wasn't much cop at making things on LBP1 lol, I had some great ideas, just never the inclination to build anything (laziness). But if it involves me doing nothing, AnErare and I will gladly opt in :D

Lol Sat, no chance of that happening...I fell asleep just reading that sentence there ;)

mdhay
7th January 2011, 10:50 PM
Good to hear it, it's just for anything you can do, we're all gonna be noobs at this, you know. :g

Challenger #001
10th January 2011, 08:12 PM
I think this is pretty awesome: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/detroit-2011-porsche-918-rsr-2011-01-10

:D

BulletWraith
22nd January 2011, 09:49 PM
went to a festival called Prana over the new year period
was utterly amazing
lots of time with close friends
lovely intimate moments

on my birthday I woke up on the beach next to my favorite person in the world,
it was a hot beautiful day, went skinny dipping, sung my favorite song(the rainbow connection) then meditated with her awhile

after Prana, stayed on a farm in a sleepy haze
lived there for free for a few days, mostly ate, slept, and picked plums with my mates daughter, made some great contacts
then went to stay with my lovely masseuse friend near the beach
lots of swims, went to a friends yoga class, cartoons, hide and seek, learnt how to massage, more meditation, distance healing, good food

came home on the ferry, almost home but crashed at a friends new flatmates place for a couple days instead, intimate moments, heart flutters

Big Day Out: deftones, Iggy and the Stooges, Ramstein, Tool then M.I.A

then yesterday catching up with an old friend, cold, raining, sleepy spooning, smiles all over

such a lovely start to the year and its still January ?!?!

zer:donutshen

Edit: + being back at acrobatics trying to teach myself hand springs, Fire Drumming, Pagan full moon ritual etc etc so happy :D

BulletWraith
24th January 2011, 08:38 AM
I know this is almost a double post, but I just got invited to travel up north with a woman I barely even talked to at the farm I was staying at a couple weeks ago

I'm sooo happy, I had a really good intuitive feeling about her when I saw her face :nod
I read people pretty well, so this should be a lovely lil road trip <3
+ I think she knows me from another time :D

zer:donutshen

MegaGeeza22
24th January 2011, 09:27 AM
Lol, BulletWraith! get in there!! your choice of words in your 1st post made me laugh! i wish i had a way with words as you do!!
I myself have had a great weekend! my bird came over saturday night and we spent the whole weekend indoors!! i wont go into to much detail but it was great! i only see her once a week as she has a full-time job and 2 kids at home who are nearly the same age as me! i cant wait until they leave home!! I dont even have a job but i have a mortgage and stuff! kids these days, still suckling on mommy at age 20...
But now its going to be another long week sat at home, beating people on wipeout:nod

BulletWraith
6th February 2011, 08:31 AM
@MegaGeeza22
aww a weekend inside, been years since I had such luxury with time, good for you, lol 'women aged 30+' cool mmmm brains, delicious brains :g

and so it was a lovely roadtrip
made a couple new healer friends while away, a reflexologist and a sound healer
much swimming, many beaches, new places I'm welcome to crash at and a chance meet with someone I really wanted to see again (dunno what it is with me and German women)
now back home I hit the ground running, 5 days:won the first raffle prize at a lecture on Yoga
tantra deep dating(more like deep getting to know/hang out with people)
raw cacao Elixir 5rythms dance
intro to tantra workshop then swimming under a waterfall afterwards
went to see some jazz with my parents today

oh and my heart almost exploded, saw a close friend of mine I hadn't seen in over 3 weeks, felt like I was choking, shook me all over and could barely keep myself from laughing/manic smiles, lots of happy tears, I just kinda go on a lil mental breakdown when I look into her eyes or when our hearts are close to each others =)
woke this morning to watch her and her daughter eat breakfast (I didn't eat due to being on a mini fast), was lovely to see them both again

so, so much Awesome!

Stevie

MegaGeeza22
6th February 2011, 05:45 PM
lol BulletWraith, brains?
your life sounds so interesting! i wish i had friends like yours! mine are more interested in breaking the law:frown: I hope to hear more stories from you! your words are like poems haha! and pleasing to read:)

SaturnReturn
7th February 2011, 08:51 PM
For the first time in ages, I just took.....a nap! :rock:guitar:rock It was awesome. :D Made me wish I were a student again. Staying up til the early hours, falling asleep in lectures, coming home and taking a nap - those were the days.:)

SaturnReturn
24th February 2011, 09:20 PM
After a very stressful few days at work, today I discovered something awesome. For the first time ever, I saw stroopwafels in an English vending machine. :o

Just in case anyone wants to see them - they're in the chocolate machine at Finsbury Park, platform 5/6. Amazing.:lol

MegaGeeza22
4th March 2011, 09:58 AM
:D I just found my old psp charger!!!! i thought my psp was broken but its ok! it must of been the cats chewing on the old cables lol. now i understand why i have 3 broken phone chargers!
I haven't played on my psp for over a year! wipeout pure here i come!!!!:rock

yeldar2097
4th March 2011, 10:32 AM
Just in case anyone wants to see them - they're in the chocolate machine at Finsbury Park, platform 5/6. Amazing.:lol

Not far from me that. I'll be off there for lunch then, get me some stroop-y goodness

UB3R~JKP
4th March 2011, 06:52 PM
Last month at school! cant wait fir Uni:D

Asayyeah
4th March 2011, 07:22 PM
Cultural shockwave in Thailand within a month for me.
Awesome!
Need time to readapt to Euro reality tho :|

mdhay
4th March 2011, 10:07 PM
Last month at school! cant wait fir Uni:D

Hahahahahah, I'm not in school anymaer. :P

4th March 2011, 10:19 PM
Same mdhay :D although like UB3R Im practically counting the hours till i can get out of the suburban tosshole that is the South East and off to uni :hyper

mdhay
4th March 2011, 11:03 PM
xD I;m almost done with my first year of college, already. D:

Aeroracer
4th March 2011, 11:18 PM
@mdhay...glad to hear that..

im happy cos i love my new car:)

mdhay
4th March 2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks, does your car transform? :g

4th March 2011, 11:31 PM
ahh your at college, i finished that,:P college is brilliant as the teachers dont give a crap. my geography teachers spent about a year ribbing on the kids at the back and showing us pictures of him washing an elephant . good times :D

UB3R~JKP
4th March 2011, 11:37 PM
did mah scottish tounge slip oot there? sorry boot that gents! :D

Aeroracer
4th March 2011, 11:39 PM
no afraid not but i love it all the same :)

4th March 2011, 11:40 PM
UB3R dont you get free uni fees? up in the old highlands? if so please adress the cheques you would need out to me :g

UB3R~JKP
4th March 2011, 11:41 PM
yup we do indeed nutty ^^

Right on JJ!:rock

mdhay
5th March 2011, 08:26 AM
did mah scottish tounge slip oot there? sorry boot that gents! :D

Nae bother. :+ :g

OBH
5th March 2011, 07:49 PM
If my girlfriend bails on me one more time on a friday night i swear ill say something I might regret.

edit:
thinking about it, this isnt really "something awesome" as the thread suggests :)

stinkleroy
9th March 2011, 11:58 AM
After a very stressful few days at work, today I discovered something awesome. For the first time ever, I saw stroopwafels in an English vending machine. :o

Ah no fair! I'd have to travel hundreds of miles for them..good job we can get them directly sent over...mmmm stroops, my favourite ;)

On a less confectionary based note, I'm really happy because, after almost a year, both myself and AnE have now found work. As Jimi said....let the good times roll :g

SaturnReturn
9th March 2011, 08:51 PM
Hurray! Stroopwafels for everyone. You can get them in EAT restaurants/cafes as well.;)

SaturnReturn
20th March 2011, 07:53 PM
Some people will know that I've not been enjoying my job much recently. When I started 3.5 years ago it was very daunting to be in the role I found myself in, but I also had a lot of variety and got to work on some really cool stuff. More recently, after lots of redundancies, and also lots of people getting fed up and choosing to leave, I found myself in a very lonely and highly specialised role, isolated from the rest of my group (around 80 people) with very little interaction - just crunching number day-in day-out. This is the exact thing I wanted to avoid when I chose engineering over accountancy. It's just not my thing. I want to work as part of large projects designing and coordinating and creating big things that affect people's lives and which I can look at and be proud of. In addition, I have felt like the only person I really work with day-to-day just doesn't really listen to what I say, and then constantly tries to blame me and say I'm bad at communicating. So a couple of weeks ago, when my frustration reached its peak, and I was honestly just about ready to walk out the door, I figured it was about time to sort things out. I'm not prepared to be another casualty of mismanagement when everyone else I've worked with has shown quite a lot of appreciation for my efforts.

So, I went and found out who to talk to - I went out on a limb a bit and shared my (highly unpopular and slightly controversial) opinions, and now I'm starting to get things sorted out. I've moved to a new desk and sit around people who actually turn up to work on time and are involved in very active and engaging work, and am starting to learn more about that with the hope of getting involved in some more of it myself. It's pretty tough at the moment, as I'm having to cover a lot of bases, and am bringing work home with me (not sure if I'll even be paid overtime yet), but the fact that I get to do more interesting work and engage with, and learn new things is really making it a lot easier to get out of bed in the mornings.

So yeah, although this is only the first step, I feel it's really quite 'awesome' because there have been around 5/6 other people feeling in a similar position over the past year, and they all just gave up and left. I'm not a big fan of that approach and am hoping that I can sort things out so that those involved in the kind of work I do don't have to end up feeling bored and uninspired like so many before them.:)

mic-dk
20th March 2011, 08:18 PM
Good for you Saturn, and I really mean that. Oddly enough I'm having pretty much the same conversation tomorrow and I can perfectly relate to your situation - caught in a job that I really didn't sign up for. Fingers crossed that it'll eventually work out as positive as yours seem to have! :+

Oh and I felt my unborn daughter kick my wife in the kidneys earlier today. First sign of life I've felt. That was pretty awesome too! :p

Flint Fandango
16th May 2011, 04:30 PM
There´re 2 awesome happenings coming my way!

1.) After all those days of pain, I finally get my surgery! Usually, no one would get excited by such a forthcoming event, but it´s a relief to me...can´t wait until thursday!

2.) Finally, my dream comes true - I got a ticket for a concert of my favourite band:
*RUSH*
...and it´s their only concert in Germany this time!
OMG, I am all on edge! :hyper:rock:+ It´s my first RUSH concert...they don´t visit Europe that often...
And check this out: I got a seat in the 2. row! :guitar

That´s extremely joyful!

runingman111
17th May 2011, 03:05 PM
You’re a real lucky one Flint :rock RUSH - amazing news coming together - I know you’re a guitar picker but rush have the best drummer ever – the biggest ever think you know him Neal Peart – but look here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHkucr1jJpQ&feature=related). He’s a famous guy - aaah I believe you know it.
But Surgery – doesn’t imagine for – what kind of aaah everything is clear to me – earn one’s pocket money. Remember Rennfish got a new car :p be a good boy and honest. You’re a fine chap Flint.

Flint Fandango
17th May 2011, 04:45 PM
Thank you runingman111, I appreciate that!
I was about 15 years old, when I first listened to RUSH - it was love at first hearing...
They´re all great musicians: Lee, Peart and Lifeson - they´re forming the unit known as RUSH, so every single member is important and fantastic. I´m looking forward to see them LIVE!
By the way, I´m a bass player, not a guitar picker! ;)

Anyway, I promise to be a good boy and honest! :nod

Medusa
18th May 2011, 01:57 AM
Second row at a Rush concert!!! Congratulations, and enjoy!! Wow!!

MegaGeeza22
9th June 2011, 11:44 PM
Take a look at this game trailer... its immense!!! I wish Lucas would make a new film based on this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs6sh3_Q&feature=player_embedded

Feisargal93
22nd June 2011, 04:25 PM
I didn't know if I could make a new topic about this or where to put it but I think my returning after 9 months is something awesome. First I'd just like to apologise for my long absense. I had just joined and I had my internet taken away so I wasn't able to get on my new home. Now though, I've a smart phone. >:) So I'm finally back and I haven't forgotten about Wipeout zone the entire time. I missed you guys. Even though I met only a few people here. Oh, and I bought Wip3out on ebay and I got Pure and Pulse from Gamestop, all a week ago. :) All I'm missing is 2097. Does 64 count? I already have WipEout 1, HD Fury, and Fusion. And Studio Liverpool is back and a new WipEout? My dreams came true!!!!

Medusa
22nd June 2011, 04:57 PM
You are gonna be bus-y! Welcome back.

MegaGeeza22
29th July 2011, 07:42 PM
My grandparents have been doing there family tree and my granddad had got to the year 1500... anyway a geeza by the name of Darcy came up and that was it!!!
My family tree on my granddads side goes until 300bc, we have multiple kings of England, Kings and Queens of Europe, William the conqueror, alfred the great and many more!!
I was so shocked lol... i will put the tree up on my page next week for the doubters!!
I always wonderd why i loved my country so much lol... now i know that its because its in my blood! :g

mdhay
30th July 2011, 04:34 PM
I hvae Robert the Bruce in mine, so Raaar to you, sir. :g

MegaGeeza22
30th July 2011, 05:43 PM
It still doesnt beat William the conqueror, alfred the great and every king and queen of most european countrys from 300bc to 1500ad...
But im sure most kings and queens were related, so william the conqueror could also be your great great (x10) grandfather or uncle!!
We could be very distant cousins lol...
There are thousands of people who can trace thier history back to the royal family.
Thats the only problem with going back really far... you find out that your bird is a 700year distant relative haha.

stin
1st August 2011, 03:07 PM
Well for the last two weeks (But my golf has been going really strong for the past three months and I due one eventually) I was playing Internationals Pairs in my local club, I was playing fantastic golf in nine holes which from par, birdie, par, bogey, birdie, eagle! (hole in one:rock:nod), birdie, birdie and birdie out 30 respectively and came back 34 which gives me a total of 64 gross but we are playing pairs so, my scores does not count and I`m not that bothered about it. The main reason is, we did won that competition to qualify to area finals! I`m looking forward to that with my mate!:rock

Well, my golf game are so strong atm and I shot 67 on Saturday there which gives me down to 0.5 of my handicap and I need 0.1 off to get me down to Scratch again for the first time since my serious illness.

So overall, I`m sooooo happy with everything with my golf and I am determined to do it for the rest of the season.:D

stevie:D<-----happy man!

Hellfire_WZ
1st August 2011, 03:43 PM
Great stuff Stevie, nice to hear it's all going well! :)

I've got a good weekend coming up. Friday is the Great British Beer Festival with Rob, and on Saturday I'm off to see Iron Maiden. Luvverly :P

RedScar
1st August 2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/SwedishMealTime?feature=chclk

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

KGB
1st August 2011, 08:08 PM
I've got a good weekend coming up. Friday is the Great British Beer Festival with Rob, and on Saturday I'm off to see Iron Maiden. Luvverly :P

Is that a year ago already!

I'm off to Marrakesh in the morning, with a bit of luck I might come back with a couple of horses and no wife. Dream on :rock. Never been to Africa before, so I'm really looking forward to it. It was 43 degrees the other day 8)

stinkleroy
2nd August 2011, 10:30 PM
Hope you guys have a great time KGB. Looking forward to seeing your new horses... ;)

KGB
3rd August 2011, 11:20 PM
So far it's hot as hell and no horses to speak of, just an old lame camel to decide upon.....hmmm what to do? The kids will love it but camels can't make packed lunches for school, might swap it back for a something more useful. Spent 8 hours by a pool today. No kids= no moaning=no high blood pressure :P might have to tell someone off to remind myself of reality

UB3R~JKP
4th August 2011, 07:35 AM
Got my exam results today:
Higher English: A
Higher Admin: A
Higher History: C
Higher Maths: C

:D Off to uni I go!

blackwiggle
4th August 2011, 11:10 AM
Nice music from the older set.
You would of heard it before.
Just enjoy it before somebody spoils the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzEY6ZqkuE
:nod

The song Harry is famous for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATg8CdRD68E&feature=related

ion harvest
4th August 2011, 11:13 AM
Got my exam results today:
Higher English: A
Higher Admin: A
Higher History: C
Higher Maths: C

:D Off to uni I go!
thats good man. i'm pleased for you :)

where you going to go universtiy and what you going to study? :)

UB3R~JKP
4th August 2011, 12:35 PM
Glasgow University and to study Software Engineering. :)

RedScar
4th August 2011, 05:05 PM
Grats!

4th August 2011, 05:26 PM
Congrats UB3R! :D :rock Smartypants :P

When do you go of to uni? you doing a gap year or something perhaps

ion harvest
4th August 2011, 09:34 PM
Glasgow University and to study Software Engineering. :)

:eek :pc UB3R-L33T :nod

UB3R~JKP
5th August 2011, 12:37 AM
Thanks guys! :D I start this September, should be interesting. My first step to becoming a games developer.

Dark_Phantom_89
5th August 2011, 08:06 AM
:eek :pc UB3R-L33T :nod

UB3R-1337. He's hardcore. ;)

30th August 2011, 05:14 PM
I found a Polaroid 600 camera in great condition in the backroom where i work for only £5!! which has made me happy :D ive always wanted one of those, i used to see them in catalogues in the 90's but they were too expensive for me back then so when i saw this one i nabbed it before anyone else ( and paid for... obviously :P :lol )

got some new film off Amazon too thats being made by people who bought the old polaroid factory which should hopefully arrive in a few days

Excited! :hyper

Medusa
30th August 2011, 11:42 PM
Oooh! Now you can make those cool Polaroid film covered eggs! I loved seeing those. The things you can do with a Polaroid...

mdhay
31st August 2011, 10:03 AM
Deus Ex. That's an awesome happening. :P

31st August 2011, 12:02 PM
Oooh! Now you can make those cool Polaroid film covered eggs!

"film covered eggs" ?eh? is that just like a egg, err covered in film? lol ive searched google to no avail. though i found this which is awesome in itself (http://vi.sualize.us/bevero/egg/) :lol

UB3R~JKP
31st August 2011, 12:38 PM
I remember a specific polaroid camera... http://retrothing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/polaroid_izone.jpg

These things were awesome when you were a kid. :D

Medusa
31st August 2011, 04:19 PM
@nutcase: Check it out: http://books.google.ca/books?id=htQDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=stretch+polaroid+film+over+eggs&source=bl&ots=2qpss4Wu_2&sig=7wNI8KqaNnM_yecmonj2iV-AM70&hl=en&ei=vl5eTs-dPMLX0QGL3rDbAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

31st August 2011, 06:32 PM
haha thats incredible :rock, i wonder if you can do that with any other types of film?

if i get more film or can find old boxes of illford stashed away somewhere along with the enlarger and red-light i would definitely try this

These things were awesome when you were a kid. :D
:O They still awesome :g

Flint Fandango
31st August 2011, 07:25 PM
@Nutcase:
Woohoo, a good old Polaroid! I also had a 600 in the salad days of my youth, so it´s an excellent choice!
At that time, the films were very expensive...and the cameras too. But it was worth its price!
You´re a great photographer, according to the amazing photos in your albums...it will be of great value in your hands! :+

Have fun!

Btw: My favourite camera was a HOLGA, I had some great experiences with it!

RedScar
27th September 2011, 04:03 AM
I was just offered a job within my field at a great company for a single year contract. Nervous as **** for the job but extremely happy I got one all the same!

MegaGeeza22
27th September 2011, 08:10 AM
Congratulations RedScar! what sort of job is it?
I hope everything goes well for you!!

RedScar
27th September 2011, 04:46 PM
I'm slated to be a PMO Analyst

MENGKESHI
28th September 2011, 09:54 AM
Good luck with that! :)

stin
30th September 2011, 04:27 PM
Well, two weeks ago, me and my golf partner were playing International Pairs Scotland Finals but, we were rained off due hurricane Katia from another country, so they forced to re-scheduled the following week, which was Wednesday there and we did actually won the event to qualify the World Finals at Loch Lomond Carrick golf club plus 5 star De Vere Cameron House on Loch Lomond for three nights stay plus all mods and cons!

My game are pretty good so far and me and my partner are pretty confidant, we have a very good chance to win this big thing in over two weeks time!

stevie:)

lunar
30th September 2011, 11:23 PM
well just dont enjoy that five star accomodation too much to perform on the day..... which is what I would do. Maybe a couple of gin and tonics just to steady the nerves ;)

Congrats Stevie, all the best for the match!

Mad-Ice
1st October 2011, 05:41 AM
Wauw! Amazing result already. Keep up to good work mate. HOLE IN ONE!!!

Mr Phlanj
1st October 2011, 06:43 AM
congrats man! :beer so when do i see you on the telly?

mdhay
1st October 2011, 11:38 AM
Well done, Stevie. :clap

Something awesome for me is my design blog (http://martinhaysdesignthing.blogspot.com) is now up, primarily because of college, but I'll be adding all sorts of crazy crap to it. Looking basic right now, but I'll have that fixed soon. :D

Colonel
4th October 2011, 02:56 PM
Those book covers are superb mate, good work :clap

mdhay
4th October 2011, 08:10 PM
Ta very much, should have two more blog sites up for animation and CGI soon, once I can do enough in both fields. :)

Ragsus Maxima
15th October 2011, 07:50 PM
Pretty good designs of yours. :) The practice makes the perfection, as they say.

And now... the long-awaited day finally arrived. I've got a brand new PC! :g
Finally I can render properly and work with my hobbies as I always wanted!

Rennfisch
26th November 2011, 06:05 PM
My move to Flint's is completed. Today I left the disaster, where I lived befor, for the last time without keys and with the deposit in my bag. :hyper

FirstDave
26th November 2011, 06:16 PM
I,m sure you,ll both be very happy :P :hyper

Dave.

Xpand
26th November 2011, 09:58 PM
I just heard that one of my musics was played in a UK party! And people liked it!
http://soundcloud.com/rbng-1/spring

I was totally surprised this evening when I got noticed about that in my e-mail by a friend who lives there!

SaturnReturn
5th December 2011, 09:43 PM
Congrats Xpand. I really like that.

Xpand
5th December 2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks Saturn! And thanks for the fave!
BTW here's a brand new one:
http://soundcloud.com/rbng-1/concept

omega329
22nd December 2011, 08:59 AM
I've been offered a place at Oxford University to study Maths :D

Xpand
22nd December 2011, 11:22 AM
That's really cool man! :clap
Good luck on that! As long as you like maths you'll do fine! I don't so my physics engineering course is being a nightmare so far! :g

MyNameIsBom
24th December 2011, 07:49 AM
deleted

goddessloviatar
10th January 2012, 08:27 AM
Just become a dad YAY!! I've now got an awesome little daughter, I can't wait to teach her about lovely things like air brakes, momentum and lateral stability...

Colonel
10th January 2012, 09:25 AM
Congratulations dude :+

Xpand
10th January 2012, 12:51 PM
Awesome! Hope she has everything she will need! ;)

goddessloviatar
10th January 2012, 06:35 PM
Two brothers, two cats, an awesome mum and a dad that works in a toy shop. She should be ok for a while!

Ragsus Maxima
31st January 2012, 12:07 PM
My new "toy" has just arrived! Have a look! :D