PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout HD online should have more flags...

MetaKraken
11th December 2010, 03:04 PM
I have a feeling that Wipeout HD should have more flags in the game, IMO, even though they DO have most of the flags, though they left out parts of the flags such as those from Central and South America, Carribean, and some in Asia (e.g. Thailand, Indonesia (unless it's already there). What do you guys think?

F.E.I.S.A.R
11th December 2010, 04:02 PM
The flags are only viewable if you are playing in minimum 720p. The flags cannot be seen in Standard Definition.
To Standard Definition players:Not a big difference
To High Definition players:May or may not make a difference,your mileage may vary.

MetaKraken
11th December 2010, 04:35 PM
My TV's res is 1080p, which is more than 720p. I no longer use SDTVs :P.

amplificated
11th December 2010, 04:51 PM
What is the flag even based on? Your IP?

It's kinda weird, if that's the case, that they didn't just load up every country's flag in the first place. It doesn't affect my experience, personally.

MetaKraken
11th December 2010, 05:20 PM
The flags are based on countries, but I also put it IMO, so it's not a fact. And yeah, I also don't care that if it would affect my experience :P.

Amorbis
11th December 2010, 07:48 PM
I think the flags are based on the location the account is signed up in, which would explain as to why not all flags are included as not every country has access to the full PlayStation network. If it was based on the IP I would get a UK flag no matter what account I used, but if I use my US account the US flag appears.

IndoorSnowStorm
14th December 2010, 08:50 PM
Wait do you mean the flags in the online lobby? I have an SDTV :( , so I wouldn't know. :g

MetaKraken
14th December 2010, 08:52 PM
^^Then you'll need an HDTV to see the flags (seeing as how WOHD has differences between hi-res and lo-res). :P

IndoorSnowStorm
14th December 2010, 09:04 PM
Time for me to save up! (or wait 'till my parents buy one for the living room :lol)

MetaKraken
9th January 2011, 03:21 PM
I found out on why flags should be added for WOHD online, seeing as how one of the PS3 users was from Mexico, yet the flag identifies him as if he was from the US or Spain, seeing as how the game thought that the flag of Mexico doesn't exist...