PDA

View Full Version : WOHD Sonic Tournament

DjM1zw1z
1st December 2010, 12:20 PM
COME AND GET YOUR PLACES FOR THE COMPETITION.
Private Message Me On Wipeout Zone or on PSN (djm1zw1z)
62 Places left

Im trying to host a little race event called 'Sonic Tournament' Its where we have to Race for 1st place in a big(ish) league (winner stays), Each person picks 4
races then the winner stays in the league, the races must consist of one HD Ship Not fury,2 same tracks cannot be picked by a single person unless it's between your opponent. I need some volunteers who will help with all this like sorting out ranks and posistions.
Prizes:
1st: £20 PSN Card (US Not Avaiable yet)
2nd:The good feeling of winning
3rd:Same as second
Rules:
1. No Cheating, If cheating is found out immediate disqualification.
2. No Using Fury Ships, a mistake is fine.
3. No Aggression, Have respect for your opponnent.
4. No Messing Around. For Example, Your losing, so you mess around on the track instead of racing
5. No False Meet up times.
6. Do Not Report False Information.
7. Pick Races Only.
8. Be sure to have fun.
By joining this, you accept to all these rules and will follow them in the competition.

Volunteers.
Needed:
Moderators
Team Managers
Poster Guy(LeaderBoard Creator) Anyone who volunteers will be truly thanked.

Reply if you want to join this. This will take hopefully in febuary
P.S More Detailed Post Coming Soon

Dark_Phantom_89
1st December 2010, 01:42 PM
This sounds similar to the HD Cup which is just around the corner. :)

DjM1zw1z
1st December 2010, 01:45 PM
yea :p 3 differences,

Its for training and for fun
Theres a prize
Theres less people so its more calm and easy.
Want to join, first come first serve

KGB
1st December 2010, 01:48 PM
1. No Cheating, If cheating is found out immediate disqualification.

How do you cheat at Wipeout HD?

DjM1zw1z
1st December 2010, 01:59 PM
I dont know but i find some people starting at the beginning , high in the air, and when they go, they zoom 10 seconds ahead

KGB
1st December 2010, 02:02 PM
Hmm! They must of unlocked Supersonic Start then ;)

DjM1zw1z
1st December 2010, 03:30 PM
Lol nice idea, On anulpha pass i got zone zues and i was only 1500 kmh :D
So not sure

F.E.I.S.A.R
1st December 2010, 03:51 PM
So this is in a sense a 'Side' Tournament?
I need more details as I cannot access the PS3 from the 6th to the 9th.Why?I'm going for a Choral festival in Malaysia. And the PS3 isn't portable.Not the way it is now.
And HD ships FTW! I really prefer HD ships to Fury ships.

yeldar2097
1st December 2010, 04:03 PM
I think you'll find it is portable if you really want it to be: PS3P from a while back (http://benheck.com/04-10-2008/playstation-3-portable)

The super epic start thing is simply a lag issue...happens from time to time, can't be helped :nod

DjM1zw1z
1st December 2010, 08:15 PM
@ Feisar, The Plans are for Mid Feb now, Yea its a side tournament with a twist, im trying to plan that 1st Round is 2vs2 The winners vs each over then continues and then it keeps going on and on till the Quaters - Semi - Finals

amplificated
1st December 2010, 10:09 PM
TBH I don't think it's a good idea to run 2 big competitions simultaneously... even though you've said this is just for practise, it doesn't seem like that and there are the challenge and SL threads already for people to get practise in.

I'd wait until towards the end/after the HD cup, there will be a lot less players aorund that are already involved in a competition.

DjM1zw1z
2nd December 2010, 08:49 AM
It is nearly 2 months after the WOHD Cup so it will be forgotten about and it is 4X smaller, This isnt for people like yeldar or people like that, i havent determined the time it will be. TBH, I just want people to have fun and get better,

KGB
2nd December 2010, 11:10 AM
Considering the Avalon Cup has been going for 3 months and still not concluded, I would doubt the HD Cup will be finished by Febuary :D!

DjM1zw1z
2nd December 2010, 11:30 AM
Right, only comment if you might want to join, And
ill do IT WHEN I GET CHANCE!!! its just a idea stop critiscising me

gordo1974
2nd December 2010, 02:52 PM
Hiya DjM1
I don't think anyone's critiscing you, It's just that pulling these sorts of things together takes a fair bit of organising (just think about the small matter of Bling Brigade!).
What people are saying is that there has just been the Avalon knock out cup (finishing soon) and there will very soon be the HD cup. Kanar and a team of at least eight have put an enormous amount of effort into getting that up and running, and that's using up a lot of zoners brain power getting organised for it. People just don't have the time/brain band width to get into multiple tourneys.
As some other people said, the speed lap/time trial challenges are a good competition running well, and the 1v1 and 2v2 threads also seem to be active.
This should give us all enough comp at the moment!.
I do like your enthusiasm to get more races going and I definately get your point about us "non android skill players" needing more place to crash into walls, but for the minute I'll look out for you on line and invite you in for a race.

Hopefully see you soon!

Just seen your 30.66 on the speed lap. My god. I take back the "us non android " and replace it with a "me non android, you android"
:P

KGB
2nd December 2010, 03:03 PM
If I was you and you wanted to get a tournament together at the moment, I would make it a very casual weekly thing that people can join if they want. I'm sure you would get 7 other players easy.

No one's criticising you mate, but trying to get something like that off the ground at the moment will give you a major headache. Everyone is just offering advice :+.

DjM1zw1z
2nd December 2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks people for the advice, its just HD cup and Avalon its so complicated, Im working hard as i can on this and would anyone actually like to join now. because im working out the method on how the knockout stages work

Just seen your 30.66 on the speed lap. My god. I take back the "us non android " and replace it with a "me non android, you android"
:P

Lol i have set a World Record on chenghou (R) on flash y'know, going for the WR on venom tonight :p

DjM1zw1z
4th December 2010, 09:51 AM
I have Sorted Out The Table for the Cup

Medusa
4th December 2010, 07:47 PM
I could participate if it doesn't start for a month or two, my life's nuts right now and it's going to be hard enough for me to sort out times etc for the hd cup...give it time if you can and I'll join ya.

DjM1zw1z
4th December 2010, 08:21 PM
Ok Please Confirm By PSN

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 11:02 PM
Can people please use the edit function rather than making consecutive posts in a short period of time? Seeing someone quote themselves straight after their own message rather than use the edit function is really a bit unnecessary.

Generally - if it's less than 24 hours since your last post then please avoid posting directly after yourself.

Thanks.

DjM1zw1z
15th December 2010, 03:24 PM
Come join....
please