PDA

View Full Version : Is God an Alien

Aeroracer
30th November 2010, 10:36 PM
we had illuminati talk with intersting insights from many members into the going on's of this group..

Is God, Allah, Elohim or what ever else he has been called really an alien.

you got the extremists like..

religon says this is all garbage but cannot give a shred of evidnece to prove it but then when has religon been ever able to prove anything.

scientists are the oposite.unless they can see it, feel it, test it, it probally dosnt exist either.so they are pretty dumb too.like some dumb ass scientist the other week just discovered something that backs up eienstiens theory's, like a hundred years after he said it.

some reserchers say God is alien based on the Quran and Bible and writings of ancient cultures such as babylons and sumerians and the blips in science we have no answers for.But they lack hard evidence

but do put forth a very convincing argument on paper..

so....what do the wipeout pilots gotta say on the subject being that 10000 laps of anulpha past must have enlightened many of us by now :P

Oryx Crake
30th November 2010, 11:00 PM
A minor correction there scientists dont generally say they dont believe in things that cant be proven or that they probably dont exist, but rather they dont talk about things that cant be proven. Also many scientists believe in god/s. Or in other words science cant really be compared to religion...

One way to put it is that science is the method we use to understand the material world around us, therefore it makes no sense for it to talk about things beyond it's scope, such as god, as god according to scripture exists outside the material world.

Also about proving an old theory: the theory of gravity is in the process of being re-invented because of knowledge we have gained since newton, as such theories are constantly being re-evaluated with new proofs or counterarguments.
So it isn't very strange that someone has added new proof to the theory of relativity.

As for the question of god being an alien... for all intents and purposes the god of the bible isn't human and not of this world and is therefore an alien.
On the other hand the mormon faith actually says that god is a person living on another planet and is there in the litteral sense an alien.

and I could go on and on....

Aeroracer
30th November 2010, 11:06 PM
lol..learn something new every day:)
so what are you saying..

god is a alien
god isnt a alien
i dont know
i dont care

Oryx Crake
30th November 2010, 11:09 PM
we all do :g

I'm saying that depending on your definition all gods are aliens... personally I dont really believe in any of them though so to me the point is moot

SaturnReturn
30th November 2010, 11:19 PM
Finding evidence to support a theory isn't dumb at all. It's nothing more than a theory without the evidence.

Anyway, to answer your question - no. It's impossible for any god I've ever heard of to be an alien. An alien would exist in the same reality as us and would be something tangible, with real limits, whereas most gods have none. Similarly, for most people, god could not come from another planet, as per most people's idea of an alien, because it would have had to exist before god. God wouldn't be the beginning and the end, as he/she/it generally is, if there was some planet there first.

I guess the question you're actually asking, is whether religion could be based on the culture of alien beings - or something like that. I suppose the answer to that would be that it doesn't matter. Ancient religious texts largely seek to explain the inexplicable by resorting to something invisible and far more powerful than them. Whether it's related to alien beings, or just the forces of nature, doesn't really matter. It's still human nature that creates the religion, and it's still human nature that leads some people to follow it, rely on it etc.

To be honest jasmin, I don't think you've posed the question very well. What are the things you've read that might suggest this? What are these blips in science? Science is just knowledge anyway. To say that something must be related to aliens because we don't know everything about it doesn't make much sense from a religious point of view, because it implies we could potentially know everything, but most religions would suggest only their god is omniscient.

I don't go for the idea that the god of the bible is not of this world and is therefore an alien. I would have said that an alien is something unknown. Based on my own interpretation of Catholicism, I would say that humans who truly believe in their god will know their god and will see him in everything around them. Also, Jesus was human, of which there's no dispute. According to Christianity, Jesus is god and therefore, god was human. That contradicts what I wrote earlier as the reason god can't be an alien. If god could be human, then why not an alien? Doesn't make sense at all, and it never will - that's religion all over IMO. As I said, religion is created by humans and as a result has a lot of flaws and inconsistencies. It's almost impossible to try and be logical about it without getting tied up in knots, for me at least.

Faith is so much better than religion anyway. People just have to figure out what they really believe in for themselves and let that be their faith.

Oryx Crake
30th November 2010, 11:22 PM
Saturn you have a point there about jesus being human and thus god not being an alien. I wonder though what the definition of an alien is I mean surely it cant be: "little green men from another planet) as that would exclude a big variety of possibilities.

SaturnReturn
30th November 2010, 11:26 PM
I think defining a particular god would be even more important to the argument. I'm mostly considering it from an Abrahamic religion-type point of view, and then largely Christian, so various arguments can be made that wouldn't apply elsewhere. But I think ultimately it's moot anyway, as you say. It's not that I don't believe in a god of some kind, but it's all so inexplicable to begin with that there's just no point in wasting the time. People can only really answer questions of faith for themselves.

EDIT: I should just say that Jesus was human from a historical point of view, by which I meant he definitely existed. Religiously I think he wasn't human, but was God in human form. It all gets a bit fuzzy at that point, and I think that's one of the main things about Christianity that people struggle with, i.e. the holy trinity stuff.

Kyonshi
30th November 2010, 11:47 PM
What is God? Who is God? Is God a male or a female or both? Or none?!?:D

One thing sure; God or deities over ages are the result of an innate feature in human beings: believing in something/someone. Its not only a matter of religion. A lot of people can say they believe they can achieve good things, some would say they don't believe they can do something. At different levels, in many cultural and civilisation elements, people believe in anything. Stone age people, Mayans, Egyptians, Sumerians, Greeks, etc., would take the sun, the moon, the stars as being deities. Renaissance people would put belief in the inner-divinity of Man. Luciferians believe in the Light Bearer as a god himself. Some form of humanism believe in humanity where no God of/or any religious entity is mentioned being part of it. Humans over time also have this habit of turning into acts of the gods, or other superior entities, all that they couldn't explain, illustrate, synthesize, may it be day and night, the phases of the moon, the natural disasters, plagues, epilepsy, etc.

Is God an alien? Is God an old man with long, white hair and beard? Is it a big bald happy dude?

I think we could agree on one thing; we don't exist for no reason. This world, this universe, is not existing for no reason. We can all agree than nothing happens for no reason, right? Everything as a purpose, whatever we can or cannot understand it at different levels of complexity. So, this said, we can't deny that "something" or "someone" is at the base of all of this, pre and sub Big Bang era.:D We would never have the evidence loud and clear, but can't we say that somehow, there's something going on pass beyond what our eyes can see? Maybe that would be most appropriate defintion of what God is?

P.S.: If anyone brings up the "there's more than meets the eye" Transformers thing, i'll facepalm myself xD

amplificated
30th November 2010, 11:58 PM
Actually, SaturnReturn, an alien civilisation could, as far as we know, gain enough knowledge to create a big bang, forcibly create life from simple elements, and guide its creations and their cultures.

The thing is, there's no evidence for that, and it's not worth looking for.

If an alien god so powerful to create humanity didn't want to be found, you're not going to be finding it any time soon; and unless it wanted to share its knowledge, you wouldn't gain anything from it. So that leaves us at square one, right where we started.

As for religion and God, theorising that all of creation is the result of some magical force is completely worthless - there is literally nothing to be gained from coming to the complete realisation that: "yeah, it was magic. I'll never be able to perform magic, but now I know". Again, we're left back at square one, only we're doomed to stay there forever this time.

The purpose of religion is to answer all the big questions, and to a lesser extent, get people to lead a good life. If you think the people of 5000 b.c. knew the answers, I'd say you're putting a lot of faith in a very small jar that has a lot of sentimentality to it. If you're trusting some extremist hippies claiming, all the way since the beginning of the space race that we're the creation of an alien being; I'd say you're an idiot that can't realise that you're just taking the least plausible aspects of religion and attributing them to something else.

As for alien Jebus, "father" could just be a loose term for creator, and the particular creator of him was just the one who synthetically created his genes and handed him his super-duper-almost-magical invisible toolbox while artificially inseminating a virgin, for all we know anyway.

Oryx Crake
1st December 2010, 12:17 AM
@saturn Ah yes indeed my point was of course largely based on semantics... in essence if you define alien as something other than a being of this planet then essentially all gods who dont live on this planet are aliens as well... though I guess it all depends on the interpretation of texts... though as I said you make a good point about jesus being human.

A more important point though I think is: What does it really matter?

Colonel
1st December 2010, 12:40 AM
To put it simply Jasmin, no God is not an alien. Everybody knows, God is a DJ. ;)

Oryx Crake
1st December 2010, 01:49 AM
@kyonshi
We can agree that there is more to the universe than we can see with the naked eye, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that there absolutely has to be a purpose to it all. And I dont really see that that would make any difference. It doesn't make the universe seem any less astounding or incredible or beautiful to me even if there is no purpose to it.

Aeroracer
1st December 2010, 02:30 AM
@colonel..he probally may have been a DJ of sorts..
@saturn.yes my question is vague.i just was interested in open opinions.
i think

there were many gods.

Christians and catholics God and Islams Allah and the judaism Yahweh is the God from abraham and moses times but not from noah or genisis or sodam those were different gods.I also think he did not like the other gods cos they treated humans poorly and he probally killed them.
gensis mention many gods

God is reffered to as a man so you can assume he had genitalia and could reproduce
God ate food according to the bible
God valued Gold and silver in the bible
God used a ladder to climb down to see jacob in a field at night from what might be considered a spaceship
God did food drops in the desert to feed moses and his people when they were starving..waffers called mana
jesus could have been hafl human half God as god might have been able to reproduce.
God disliked other gods so much he said he would kill anyone who prayed to them to moses so there may have been many gods

to me god as written in holy books was one of a group of aliens who came to earth.
took monkey men and put there dna into them to make them act and look like the aliens .ie what we look like now.probally to use us as slaves so they could steal our resources just like we will do one day when our planet is screwed and barren and one of them liked us and got rid of all the others.our God

as to wether they have a god they pray to or some universal power i couldnt say.

Oryx Crake
1st December 2010, 03:36 AM
jasmin this theory interests me but for one main reason... actually that holds true for all faiths that posit that we came from something greater, for all these faiths I have one question.
Why is it neccesary to believe that we come from something greater than ourselves?

to explain the question further, why cant we humans the way we are be accepted for our own greatness or our own flaws without it coming from something else? why does every 'sin' we commit have to "come from the devil" or why is every extreme talent a "gift from god" isn't it enough to be human?

Not that I can prove you wrong in any way, or would want to, but but I have to ask aren't there marvels enough in the universe that one can accept that maybe we are just a product of the greatness of our ancestors in a long line of very succesfull animals?

mikrucio
1st December 2010, 06:51 AM
Jasmin nothing needs to be proven because "proof" is all around us.

If you have a bible read Romans ch 1 verse 20

And if you Don't understand that verse Im happy to elaborate.
:D

KGB
1st December 2010, 08:22 AM
There's some weird conversations going on around here at the moment :D.

I'm of the opinion myself that there's no such thing as "God". When all this worshipping thing first started. Man needed to beleive in something to explain the fact that they existed. After thinking that the outer heavens held the answer to all our questions such as the Sun and the Stars for a long time, we became enlightened enough to change our minds and then created God in our own image. We filled in the blanks of course with the Old Testament and then made a whole new religion up when we felt like that book didn't serve it's purpose.

If God is an alien, then he is an illegal one.

Challenger #001
1st December 2010, 08:34 AM
Nooooooo. Looking through this thread brought back memories of the 4th Indiana Jones movie. D: I hate you all...

MegaGeeza22
1st December 2010, 08:48 AM
Brilliant topic, i think some of you know what i believe and i think its true! If you came to eath to visit 1000s of years ago and everyone here got on there knees and called you god i would of said yes!! I think its were Zeus and other gods have come from! "Gods came from the stars" spacemen i believe! Theres a good show called ancient aliens which is all about this and its very interesting! i wont spoil it lol, good stuff:+

Oryx Crake
1st December 2010, 10:19 AM
you know now that someone mentioned movies and tv-shows I cant help but think of stargate... theres a movie that dealt with this topic if ever there was one, though obviously they didn't use the christian god... I dont really think that would go over so well in the west yet.

Colonel
1st December 2010, 11:35 AM
If God is an alien, then he is an illegal one.

He's an Englishman in New York.

KGB
1st December 2010, 11:45 AM
:D Yeah, and he likes his toast done on one side. Fussy sod.

Aeroracer
1st December 2010, 11:47 AM
Why is it neccesary to believe that we come from something greater than ourselves?
I just believe we did.Im sure our computers will say the same thing one day when we are gone.Or maybe the chimpanzees if we messed with their dna in order to advance them.
From what I have read, it seems humans evolved way to quiclky for natrual evolution.we were helped along the way.10000 years ago we were hunter gatherers, then suddenly in a very short period of time we suddenly invented citys, wheels, reading writing and language, agriculture, domesticated animals, govement,music basicaly everything we take for granted.we even stil live with our ancestors the other primates.Plus many ancient cultures have said this is what happened too.The only thing that was different to these early cultures was religon.where as today we pray to God and the whole thing is a matter of faith.back then it was worship and serve their god who they see and serve and live alongside on regular basis.Thing is who were these gods.Aliens,human's full of BS, time travells or something else. Point is no faith was required in those days just serve them well.

why cant we humans the way we are be accepted for our own greatness or our own flaws without it coming from something else?

because it is probally in our dna.we were probally made to be subserviant slaves that were made to serve something better than us.we are probally still slaves nowadays as a general rule.we all need a boss or something to look upto or compare too, be it a king a president a popstar a celebrity aGod or anything like that.no one can honestly say they are without a superior of one sort or another.

why does every 'sin' we commit have to "come from the devil" or why is every extreme talent a "gift from god" isn't it enough to be human?
I beleive this is just crap that is brain washed into us by some society.i dont believe in the devil as a universal source of evil or sin.
i dont believe in god given talent either.but i do believe god loves those who do excell and strive to improve themselve as long as it is not at the expence of others in a bad way.some call god father cos he is like one in he sets out an examples of how we should live our lives, though this is confusing nowadays with all this mutated religous bs that has had stuff added and taken away for the benifit of religous orders or simply just missunderstanding or hair splitting by pricks...for example christians who say if you dont except jesus as saviour you will go to hell...not much help for the billions who died before jesus was born..sounds like roman propaganda to me.every religon has dumb stuff like this that undermines the whole thing no wonder athiests laugh and dismiss religon nowadays they should of never messed with it keep it simple.but for those with a brain who read all sides of the equation without hair splitting ,they can come to their own understanding.

Not that I can prove you wrong in any way, or would want to, but but I have to ask aren't there marvels enough in the universe that one can accept that maybe we are just a product of the greatness of our ancestors in a long line of very succesfull animals?

i agree with you.im saying we were started off as slaves made in our makers image.now we are much much better. they would be proud of us in many ways as humans are capable of greatness.

@kgb....yes he is definatley illegal and as for toast..who knows.maybe he likes marmite.

BulletWraith
1st December 2010, 12:38 PM
The Anunnaki: All Your Gods are Belong to us

DjM1zw1z
1st December 2010, 01:36 PM
God isnt human since he created himself before man kind so hes an alien:mr-t

MENGKESHI
1st December 2010, 01:45 PM
If there is a god, I don't believe it's human, animal or plant, so yep I vote alien.

Aeroracer
1st December 2010, 02:47 PM
@zer0shen

lol

ive read about the Anunnaki..what sumerians called the gods who came to planet earth to do the business.
thing is the guy who wrote all about them tended to fill in the missing details with poor circumstantial evidnce that now seems very dubious such as the pyramids where a beacon to help navigate their spaceships..problem is how did they land ships before they were built are were they that crap at flying spaceships they need it.if he left his evidence as he found it .many more people would have upheld his theory.

some of the best people to talk too about God is athiests. while they rip into God and the holy books trying to dissprove God they actually open your eyes that certain events may be displaced and events were different to the mainstream view of events.

mdhay
1st December 2010, 02:47 PM
Hmmm, if man was made in his image and Eve was made from Adam's rib (If if did happen), doesn't that mean we're all inbred?

Aeroracer
1st December 2010, 03:01 PM
yes..thats about the size of it.

science and dna say we all had the same common mother they nicknamed eve from africa..a bit of this dna is in every human.

from what i read the aliens added their dna to us while we were monkeys and humans popped out but the first ones were hybreds unable to breed so they did the dna transplant from a guy to a girl (adams rib) to create first breeding couples. i dont think adam was first man.adam i think means men so it generic

mdhay
1st December 2010, 03:13 PM
What have you been reading? :?

MENGKESHI
1st December 2010, 03:17 PM
What have you been reading? :?

The Daily Star

Aeroracer
1st December 2010, 03:19 PM
c l turnage-good reading
sitchin- he written a lot of stuff but he fills in gaps with crap but still good to read
bible-direct translation the one where the words are the way they should be
quran
any sumerian history books

Nutcase:259
1st December 2010, 09:21 PM
from what ive musterred in my head there is no god, god and religion in general is just something some people choose to have as a focus point in there lives, as basically the only reason were all here is to F*** as much as posible and make more of us :g

human beings always want to see a pattern or meaning to things, its hardwired in us and as some people dont see an overall point to life in general they turn to faith as something to belive in and follow. even laws to a certain extent follow that pattern in that we stick to them to live out the culturally accepted path. (in a sense laws like 'diet' religion in that you follow it without all the other stuff. law book without jesus popping up in it every 5 mins turning things in wine, bloody alcoholics !)

so on one hand no he/she/it isnt alien as it doesnt exist

however

theres nothing to suggest we arnt aliens either, how do we know we aint all derived from bacteria off a whacking great meteor? flicked here by some thing?

Medusa
1st December 2010, 11:56 PM
"flicked here by some thing" LOL
When you study the precision necessary for the earth to even exist, let alone the precision of the ecosystems and such which are necessary for the simplest cell to survive on it, let alone for plants, animals or human beings to exist (even momentarily nevermind past an entire day without freezing or cooking to death due to the timing of the rotation being any different, for one example)...that is what leads some people, including scientists (not all of them are die-hard atheists like the media will have you believe) to believe that there is a God, or "an intelligence" for those scientists who are scared to outright say "God".

So like has already been said, if God's not plant, animal, or human, then yes, that's alien isn't it? But if you want to get technical, and this is only regarding the God of the canonized Bible (yeah jasmin I've studied the literal translation too, not the Daily star versions :P ), it's very clear in it that there was no beginning to him, (as opposed to his son who was put on earth as a human and was called God's first creation). So that god is obviously not part of an alien race per se, since it states he created all things yet himself had no beginning.
I've never really studied the other gods common in the world...I dare you all to discuss the Shinto gods! Or Buddhist! So many gods. And don't you forget the wipeout gods. Shame!

It's really hilarious reading some of the topics around here, especially because everybody thinks along different tangents, and when you read all the tangents all together it's a real :| What? moment...Good stuff!

Oryx Crake
2nd December 2010, 04:29 AM
i agree with you.im saying we were started off as slaves made in our makers image.now we are much much better. they would be proud of us in many ways as humans are capable of greatness.

Wow you really gave me a very thorough answer haha and the only bit of it I felt was sligfhtly off was the bit about us evolving to fast.
My problem with that one is that you say we evolved from a hunter gatherer society to a high-tec almost space ship society in a very short time. However thats not biological evolution, thats social evolution and the reason why it's so fast is because it's exponential in nature, especially now.

Or to put it another way the reason why it starts off slow about a hundred thousand years agao is that we first have to invent some very basic but nonethless fundamental things, like language, the wheel, writing etc. but these are inventions that require time and understanding to invent so they take a long time to come around.

When we have all that however, about 10 000 years ago the change speeds up as we accumulate knowledge at a much faster rate and not every tribe has to invent everything anew for every generation. We stand on the shoulders of giants so to speak.
And for every generation the cummulative knowledge of the human race essentially doubles. There are books written about this stuff that will probably explain it much better than I have... sadly I cant remember titles and authors at the moment.

In any case the human race as a species hasn't made any significant evolutionary leaps in the last 100 000 years according to scientists, I'd wager we're less hairy now but scientifically speaking thats not speciasion.

Now that doesn't mean your wrong about us being enhanced by some artificial means but our technological evolution can be very satisfactorily explained without having to to have an extraordinary cause.

Aeroracer
2nd December 2010, 11:55 AM
@medusa...hahahaha..daily star version...oh and talking about the wipeout gods..i wonder if the god_of_wipeout still plays and i bet he knows all the answers to everything.he may have been the one who made us.

@Oryx....what you say about our development levels are normal (on the shoulders of giants so to speak)...yes now your probally right if you look at how far we have developed in 10000 years its about right and acceptable in the eyes of most..but what i am saying is we basically overnight invented major thing we have today ..city, govenmant, commerce, farming agriculture writing reading dance arts,law..everything apart from twitter.then in the last 10,000 years we either went backwards or changed little like dark ages for instance.from 10,000 years bc to 1000 ad we basically didnt advance at all we were worse off.
my theory is humans are pretty useless at getting along .always fighting in general and trash talking to get one up.only now (last 1000 years) have we got to a stage where we are developing again because we are smart enough.
so it appears to me we had a helping hand back at the beginning and someone or something that kept us in line to a degree.then we messed it all up then relearnt it again.

MegaGeeza22
2nd December 2010, 01:34 PM
i believe that jesus was half human half alien.. he was planted into mary through a sort of artificial insemination so she was a virgin when she was pregnant. thats why he was unearthly and had unearthly powers. just because an alien is an alien it doesnt mean they are green with antenna and big eyes! they probably are just like us but more powerfull and understand the universe. if anything comes from the sky today it would be alien but 1000s of years ago they had no words like spaceship or alien and if it came from the sky or the stars it was a God...

Oryx Crake
2nd December 2010, 01:51 PM
@jasmin I wont argue that we didn't have our slumps developementally but the dark ages... fiorst of all weren't as dark as we think, many inovations came from the dark ages espoecially in agriculture, the plow to name just one example, but alot of the times when we dont develope as much as we could it's because of nature, or like you mentioned because of war. but I find there are usually two sides to everything, take the roman empire as an example: Now we generally agree that the roman empire was something of a pinnacle in western civilization, a poitn of progress we haven't been able to equal until maybe the 1700's, but the engine that drove the roman empire was war, in fact it was so much a part of the economical structure of the empire that when they stopped making new conquests the empire began to decline, and eventually fell.

and alot of the things we have today like... computers for example are as advanced as they are now because of war, or the jet airplane, which is an even better example of progress being expedited by war. most likely this is because of desperation and presure, i.e. we never advance as much as when we are under pressure.

I do however agree that we are historically a very war-like species now whether that is because of our slave-like nature or because of the same reasons that dogs are territorial, I couldn't say. I never read any studies done in the field.

I should perhaps say that at this juncture, that I am not discounting your theory but I am generally sceptical about explanations that require "a leap of faith". Again that doesn't mean I'm discouting it but I'd usually like proof of some tangible sort before I say yes or no to a theory.

Aeroracer
2nd December 2010, 10:03 PM
I see where you are coming from but where i am coming from is nearly everything we know today was invented at the same time at the dawn of first civilization ie sumer empire..romans were just a rehash of what we had already done many thousand of years ago..the plow you speak of is just an added extra to agriculture we invented a long time ago..
Our development from the dawn of civilization to now as you say is normal and can be justified by accepted explanations and i dont doubt you.but the sudden invention or nearly everything we take for granted cannot be explained as normal development.

@megageezer..not sure about artificail fetalization of mary and jesus was born.tbo im not really sure about jesus and his miracles..there is talk that the romans when accepting jesus and christianity into rome that the legend was beefed up so jesus looked as godly in roman eyes as their existing gods they wanted to phase out.kinda a roman sales pitch..islam holds this view too.
as for accepting jesus as your saviuour or going to hell.well thats just roman BS just to get the worship numbers up.what about all the god believers before jesus was born did they all go to hell.was god talking BS for 1000 of years before jesus.
ive read virgin birth story and rose from the grave were taken from sumerian scriptures anyway so if the story is true it was 1000's of years ealier..imo this is the first case of plagurism..shame of st peter who pushed this version of events so hard.

SaturnReturn
2nd December 2010, 11:08 PM
I'd always thought that the idea was a bit like this, in a simplified way:

Adam and Eve screwed up and got chucked out of heaven. The gates were locked behind them.
Everyone who died then went to purgatory.
Jesus came to earth as a human, so that he could die as a human. Then he'd be accepted into heaven, simultaneously opening the gates again.
Then everyone would be judged and go one way or the other.

On reading a bit more, it seems that's not exactly how it goes. Suggestion seems to be that those who died before Jesus will be brought back to life and then be judged, and that they are actually in hell until that happens. That seems a little odd though - I mean, it's completely unfair isn't it? Everyone would have to suffer just because Jesus didn't show up earlier. Way harsh! So I still think the purgatory, or something involving awaiting judgement, is more like it. I always thought that's what I was taught in 14 years of Catholic schooling anyway. Although the UK's school system taught me surprisingly little about religion, as with pretty much every other subject. I didn't know this rule about people not even knowing about Christianity going to hell. Once I found that out, I knew I was done with it. But it's not any different to Islam is it? I thought it was the same deal, more or less, i.e. if you're not Muslim then you're going to hell. It's all too fear orientated for me. I also don't like the response that, "god moves in mysterious ways", any time someone asks a question that someone can't answer. That's just a bit lazy and convenient for me.

Let's not get religion wrong though - it's not all extremism. People have their own interpretations on things and follow religious teaching to varying degrees. Plenty of people can recognise the nature of ancient books as just that, ancient, and can still find relevance in the more positive stuff. Admittedly, it's hard to understand people who carry on following a religion when they have fundamental disagreement with some of the main tenets of that religion, but I guess some people just need it more than others.

I do still believe in some kind of higher being. I don't want to sound like a crackpot, but I do think I once experienced something beyond the normal realms of humanity. Of course I wasn't abducted by aliens or anything like that. But there was once a point where I felt like everything around me was fundamentally wrong, or somehow messed up, and generally just felt completely lost. Just as that thought reached its climax in my own mind, I had this one moment of extreme clarity, like something cut a way through the darkness I was feeling and showed me there could be something good again. It's really impossible to describe, but it was something I'd not felt before and haven't felt since. I was lying in bed at the time so could have just been very very tired and losing my marbles - I'm open to that. But my own conclusion, having felt something I'd never felt before, and something quite strong too (particularly surprising considering my usual apathy and fairly level-headed nature) was that there must be something extra to life, or at least that my life was worth something to someone. I like to combine that with a bit of chaos theory and think that, even though I'm not out there saving the world, something positive I do, even if only small, could have just enough impact to bring about a bigger positive outcome. That keeps me going when stuff really goes to ****. That doesn't help the discussion, but I never told anyone so thought I may as well get it out there, given the topic. Actually, it probably would have been more helpful to the discussion if I had been abducted by aliens.:P

Actually, SaturnReturn, an alien civilisation could, as far as we know, gain enough knowledge to create a big bang, forcibly create life from simple elements, and guide its creations and their cultures.

Yes, but for me, that wouldn't mean they were gods. That would just mean that no god exists, or that we would then have to default to the aliens' version of god, or create a whole new religion that incorporates that alien race into it, while maintaining some being even higher than the aliens. After all, the existence of the aliens would still be unexplained. That one point of mine was more about semantics than any actual belief, or at least that's how it was meant to start out, and then I confused myself.:dizzy

Oryx Crake
2nd December 2010, 11:15 PM
@jasmin Well I'm not so sure they just happened... but at this very moment I have had a few beers and am not in a fit state to argue your point :beer but my general feeling is that there isn't enough physical evidence to actually know anything about it.

Aeroracer
2nd December 2010, 11:15 PM
nice post saturn...:)

@onyx..i think their is evidence to support this as a credible theory but im too lazy to find it..just read up on sumerian culture if you are interested enough..

its good listening to others views even if i dont agree with them all it opens my eyes wider and helps my brain develop a little bit more :nod

MegaGeeza22
3rd December 2010, 06:22 AM
I just watched this documentary [called Ancient Aliens] and its amazing!! there is a series also but this is much better, theres so much to talk about its unreal and i dont want to bore you all with a 10page essay lol.

Aeroracer
3rd December 2010, 10:33 PM
watched that film mega geezer..i see what you mean it does open your eyes.shame no one else eyes are gonna be opened as saturn deleted link...i wonder why?..maybe he is a member of the illuminati and is hiding us from the truth :P

Oryx Crake
3rd December 2010, 11:13 PM
@jasmin yeah you know if there is one thing that really gets on my tits alot it's the fact that people so often dont respect the viewpoints and opinions of others. We dont always have to agree with what other people think but respect should be awarded anyone who dares to speak their mind. Even racist scum even if their views are horrible.

MegaGeeza22
4th December 2010, 12:13 AM
lol, i can see why he took it off, it was a bit stupid of me. I just wanted to share it with you guys... :redface:
but i do think saturn is a member of the illuminarmy lol

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 10:21 AM
Initially I actually just started watching it. :? Then I realised it was probably not freely distributed, so felt I should delete the link. Anyone's eyes can still 'be opened' jasmin. They just have to wait for it to come to UK TV or DVD. Or maybe get a book, or in extreme cases, some eye-drops.;)

Aeroracer
4th December 2010, 09:23 PM
that sound like illuninati talk to me saturn....:P

iv actually started reading a bit into this now after listening to other members opinions...wow there is some major theorys out there..

SaturnReturn
4th December 2010, 09:27 PM
I can barely control my own life, let alone those of the rest of the planet's population. But then again, maybe that's just what I want you to think.;)

Medusa
5th December 2010, 07:21 PM
Good think you didn't recommend a specific brand of eye-drops, Saturn, then we'd know you were evil. :lol

Aeroracer
5th December 2010, 10:40 PM
even the gods liked wipeout Hd..this is their ships from 10000bc or so..might need a paint job though..:P

stin
6th December 2010, 05:11 PM
Jas, got a link for that ships, please.

stevie:)

Aeroracer
9th December 2010, 07:52 PM
there captures from a film about gods Oryx posted here the other day.saturn took link away..but if you ask oryx he should be able to tell you where to go..

Oryx Crake
9th December 2010, 08:17 PM
me? I did no such thing! XD it was megageeza I think... I'd want to see that film too actually... maybe I should ask him to pm it.

BulletWraith
9th December 2010, 09:06 PM
this is a link to a youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-C7XO-QH-s) that has the 2nd craft in it, the one made out of gold, you'll have to skip through it a bit to find it at around the 2:20 mark

to me I think the gold craft is not alien, just early an human design before our technology got wiped out again.

Aeroracer
10th December 2010, 10:48 PM
program said the gold craft was made by humans based on the ships the alien men were using to get around in

MegaGeeza22
11th December 2010, 12:54 AM
If im not to late just search "ancient aliens" on google videos... and have a butchers, the best ones are 45+ mins long.
i sent Oryx Cake the link on psn though if thats what you want.:D