PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Jav
19th November 2010, 09:54 AM
Anyone got this game at all? Pretty damn fun, especially online :hyper The cop vs. racer games are actually damn awesome.

If you got the game, please post it in here and I will add you. :)

Kyonshi
19th November 2010, 12:20 PM
I got it and i'm having a BLAST. I'm nuts about the speed effect, the game stays fluid, no frame-rate drop. I'm sooo glad it ain't EA who made it this time. Criterion will show them how you do a good racing game and maintain insurance quality at its best.

I'm mainly playing Racer events in Career, but i do enjoy the Cops side too. I'm also a Porsche lover and all that is German in the end!:P I wish Ferrari and Lotus signed and make a come back somehow. Maybe in a surprise DLC pack? Would be nice to have a F430 or an Evora! :D:+

Greeeeeat great game, its about time we had another HP!:hyper

DreamyElf
19th November 2010, 05:20 PM
I'll get it when the price drops at 20-25 euros.
I was disappointed by the handling on the demo.
I was a big fan of Burnout 2,3,legends so i was expecting more from Criterion.
The handling doesn't feel right to my likings and the sense of speed in the game is not what i expected...
But as i said i'll grab it in 3-4 months.
Anyway that was my personal opinion, I hope you guys like it and have fun. :)

Kyonshi
19th November 2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah the control was my main concern too after playing the demo. But somehow, it turned out to be fine with the official game.

You'll have to know that the handling is actually very sharp and appropriate to each specific model. You have to manage the weight transfert, just like real life, and a Camaro SS doesn't behave like a BMW M3, even if they are almost the same size. You can't slalom with a car like its a piece o' cake, you have to bring back weight to a central axis, and at 300 km/h and +, you really have to use your brain and reflexes to maintain a good racing line. I'd say its a good mix between sim and arcade control. Of course, there's more "arcadish" features like power hand-brake that shifts your car 90 degrees, but that is the exact same case with Burnout 3 when you drift.

And try first person view for the speed sensation, if you didn't yet. This is where its kicking ass! For 3rd person view, in any racing game you'll have the effect diminished a bit, everyone knows that. Take also in consideration that most races take place in large, flat open areas, where you don't have any kind of structure near your sides to give a punching speed effect. The effect mostly comes from the pavement itself. But even there, i traveled at 360 km/h in a McLaren MP4-12C on nitrous, on a large opened desert landscape, and i can tell you that, yes, the speed effect delivers.;) I suggest you rent it and give it a try again, my friend!:)

Jav
20th November 2010, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I don't get the complains about cars feeling the same, or the handling in general. I really like it myself. :) And as you said, a great mixture of simulation and arcade! =)

Autolog is truly neat too. Great feature.

kanar
20th November 2010, 06:52 AM
tbh I was on my way to buy it, but when I played the demo I saw the game running at 30fps (rock solid ok, and nice polished graphics, but not really better than burnout paradise afaik) and well I was really disappointed. Of course my eyes can't see 60fps lol, but I really prefered the smooth framerate of burnout paradise compared to this one. I admit it's just a personal feeling, & I feel the same regarding FPS; I love CoD because he's running at 60fps. Never could enjoy KZ2 or BF2 because of that. And I'm happy now with my GT5 60fps too, so not sure I'll buy NFS in a near future.