PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Black Ops - Your Thoughts

MetaKraken
16th November 2010, 06:39 PM
Post your opinions about Call of Duty's latest series and best selling game (since it outsold Modern Warfare 2), Black Ops :D.

I really loved this game. Thought I wanted it for Xmas, but I instantly got this game and went to campaign, earning several trophies, no less. I'll be playing Multiplayer as soon as I finish campaign and play Zombies mode so I can rack up the ranks and earn callsign titles. All in all, Black Ops is indeed a great game :rock.

OneAVGNFan
17th November 2010, 05:53 AM
Zombie mode was my favorite mode to play this game.
AWESOME:rock

Harvai
17th November 2010, 09:04 AM
I've played this for a bit at a mates house last week and I think it's a vast improvement over Modern Warfare 2. If only the userbase could have received a similar update!

Has anybody tried the online training grounds mode yet? The fact that the bots are named after people on your friends list is a neat little touch.

OBH
17th November 2010, 11:37 AM
I think its an acquired taste.
Zombie mode is brilliant, cant fault that. Campaign is surprisingly good, cant fault that either.

I love the multiplayer myself, but could understand if people didnt -

Some maps are... interesting to say the least (nuketown).
Not as many weapons as MWII
Doesnt have the same feel as other MW games, much more subdued without explosions and AC130s blowing everything up.
Somehow theyve managed to make the chopper gunner BETTER than it was in MWII :|
The Commando, AK & Stoner are EASILY the best guns in the game.
MAP SPAWING LOCATIONS SUCKS BALLS

I still love it though.

KGB
17th November 2010, 03:10 PM
I managed to get this for £25 from Tesco when I bought it with a £20 PSN card, a good deal I thought.

Never really been in to online FPS before but I thought I would give this a go. To be honest I haven't a clue what I'm doing, I got the remote controlled car perk thing and couldn't even get it out the room I was in, I didn't quite blow myself up but it was a near thing :P

Any tips for a noob?

OBH
17th November 2010, 04:38 PM
Patience :), raise the sensitivity even just a tiny bit, nd try out every perk.

When I was learning I went Ghost / Slight of Hand / Hacker. Still my prefered choice.
That way you can see claymores, and enemy spy planes cant spot you.

As for guns, getting the FAMAS as early as you can is a good choice, that and dont go pissing your money up the wall. Buy perks and try out the guns before you start splashing out on sights and paint jobs :)

Watch the kill cam too. Shows where the sneaky ****ers were that killed you, and gives you ideas for places to hide too :beer

As for controlling the car, its the same as the warthog on halo --> just hold up on the left stick, and control it with the camera. Just as if your walking around.... dont forget press fire to detonate it :g

yeldar2097
17th November 2010, 05:51 PM
FAMAS = pwnage in MW2. Is it still as fabulous in Black Ops or have they made it more 'realistic'?

mdhay
17th November 2010, 08:27 PM
It's realistic, as in it has almost no recoil, fires waay too fast, and has arctic russians who look like Genomes using it.

Big <3 to Le Clarion, maaan! :g

Nutcase:259
17th November 2010, 09:00 PM
I think its the best COD, in that it has a storyline thats actually worth bothering with and zombies, i love zombies, played to death on W@W

Balistic Knife + Galil = win

oh an ps if you press L2 you give the RC car a boost ;)

MetaKraken
17th November 2010, 09:20 PM
If any of you guys have played zombie mode (in the co-op map "Five"), be careful of the Pentagon Tech (http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Pentagon_Tech) (or whatever you may call it), since activating the teleportation devices may cause him to appear and, to make matters worse, he can steal your powerful weapon! It's like taking candy from a baby, except he'll take your reliable weapon :eek.

F.E.I.S.A.R
20th November 2010, 04:54 PM
I believe he is also called the "Thief"? There is a possibility of you getting back your weapon,but I from what I read is that you should switch to your secondary(i.e pistol/handgun/lousier gun)when he snatches your weapon. That way you don't lose your good weapon.

Anyone here have the Hardened or Prestige Editions? I hear that they have the four Original Zombie maps.

20th November 2010, 05:03 PM
i have the 4 original maps!

on the original game ;)

only encountered the thief once. he stole my weapon before i figured out what the hell was going on, then i spawned by myself somewhere and got swarmed "cmon i'll take ye b*****ds!!!!. oh wait theres about 50? ok run away!!!!! "

anyone else play one in the chamber? or any of the wager matches. i think there probably the best match types.
i think pistols are my favorite weapon any way which is probably why i like it. you can fire them so fast and there really accurate

ps. has anyone escaped from the chair during the main menu? thats a weird little easter egg

OBH
21st November 2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah, escaping from the chair is the only way to unlock the "five" zombie map isnt it?

Press either l1 & r1 or l2 and r2 (not sure which one on ps3) until he stands up, then go to computer and put in "3ARC UNLOCK".

As for the thieving scientist. Simply jump into a teleporter a few times, he'll disappear and the next round will begin.

Online K/D now at 1.9 :hyper

mdhay
21st November 2010, 09:39 AM
You finish the game and you get it. You can get Dead Ops Arcade by getting out of the chair. :P

F.E.I.S.A.R
21st November 2010, 02:53 PM
Which map(normal edition) do you think you are better at? Sometimes I feel that I'm better at Kino Der Toten than "Five".Sometimes it's the other way around.What about you guys?

21st November 2010, 03:05 PM
probably five just because ive played it more. although i still cant get very far, which is lame as i used to be able to absolutely slay those gits on W@W with my Upgraded PPSH and MG42

F.E.I.S.A.R
21st November 2010, 03:07 PM
You used the Pack-a-Punch weapons upgrade machine? I've never been able to use it.The closest I ever got was the Call of Duty Wiki article on the Pack-a-Punch Machine

21st November 2010, 03:18 PM
only on the last cods zombies, nacht der untoten. or something. we worked out a 'stratergy' basically. get all the teleporters working by round 10, use the mystery box as much as possible to get the LMG's then stand on that little catwalk section have one guy crouching and the other standing and just murder zombies. get a hella load of points, upgrading the Wunderwaffe was sick too. cept you stole everyones kills :P

OBH
21st November 2010, 05:42 PM
Another method is to take the upstairs route to turn on the power, then open up the doors from the stage that lead upstairs, down through the metal gate, and into to the alleyway outside.

You then camp next to the Double-Tap vending machine as there's only a single route plus 1 window that they can attack from (as long as you didnt take this route earlier to turn on the power as the door next to Double-Tap is still closed). As soon as you get the Fire Sale pickup spam the random box thats right next to you.

Always be sure to make a crawler so you have ample time to go upgrade your weapons & perks, and only ever use the bomb pickup in emergencies as thats a whole lot of points you miss out on.

You finish the game and you get it. You can get Dead Ops Arcade by getting out of the chair. :P

Didnt know that, not got far through campaign yet. Well, using the compute is another way at least :P

mdhay
21st November 2010, 07:04 PM
only on the last cods zombies, nacht der untoten. or something.
That would be Der Reise. Bloody good map.

...we worked out a 'stratergy' basically. get all the teleporters working by round 10, use the mystery box as much as possible to get the LMG's then stand on that little catwalk section have one guy crouching and the other standing and just murder zombies.

I did this, got to round 64 with an italian dude, was awesome. :3 In fact, I'll add you if you wtill play World at War?

KGB
24th November 2010, 10:15 AM
What a pain in the arse 'Executive Order' is on veteran :brickwall. Finally did it after an hour of trying!