PDA

View Full Version : Website feedback please

Colonel
10th November 2010, 04:21 PM
Could do with some feedback on a website I've made for a long distance walking project. I know there are some very knowledgeable people on here when it comes to these things but to be honest I'd appreciate anybody's opinion. It only went online yesterday and is very much a work in progress, so constructive criticism or ideas for improvements are very much appreciated.

It is however only the second site I've made, so please go easy on me. :| Link below:

http://www.breathoffreshairwalk.co.uk/

Thanks,

Adam.

mic-dk
10th November 2010, 05:31 PM
Well I like it, even though I prefer to see the countryside from the back of my motorcycle :p

I like the colours and it's easy to read.
Two small things though:

1) In the comments/photos it feels a bit empty. I know it hopefully will fill eventually, but maybe you could start it off with a photo or two of your own?

2) I admit it's kind of a pet peeve of mine, but I've never quite gotten the "Made by" banner at the bottom. I don't know how badly you need the advertising, but why not just reference the site on your company website and keep the "customer website" clean? If someone wants to hire you on the basis of the site, they'll find you anyway if they got a few pennies worth of clue.

All in all, really minor stuff though - I think it looks great :)

amplificated
10th November 2010, 06:38 PM
I don't think you should use different sized/coloured texts for the description. Each short paragraph/sentence explains a different aspect of one thing, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to make it seem like each aspect is so different it warrants making the page look busier and harder to read.

The only part you should separate is the "please click on on of the links below for more information" line. That would also make the links look less out of place.

Maybe have a well implemented background photo of people having fun on the walk? The page looks a tad bare, but it depends on what you're going for to some extent.

Colonel
10th November 2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys, you both make good points. I've been nailing it for the last week to get it done in time and it's got to the point where I can't see the wood for the trees, helpful to get a fresh perspective.

I'm seeing the guy whose project it is later this week so I'll mention the things you've said.

Cheers :beer