PDA

View Full Version : whats your online racing stats?

slow-train
4th November 2010, 05:54 PM
im about 72% average
10567 wins - 3658 losses
not bad but not good either lol

DjM1zw1z
4th November 2010, 06:53 PM
Around 40% average
609 wins - 806 losses
I played tons when i was a 'Noob' so that relies on a bit on then

slow-train
4th November 2010, 08:35 PM
hi mate,never new you were on the zone :)

blackwiggle
5th November 2010, 01:42 PM
The stats are unreliable really.
You could be amazingly amazing racing somebody online, and you could have a good run when you just don't get beat......trust me, even the BEST get thrashed occasionally!
Always best to be humble in this company [forum] otherwise you will find your comeuppance very quickly, and when least expected.
Then be blasted out of existence.
All fair play and in the spirit of the game.
But it is still NOT good for your % ;)

UB3R~JKP
5th November 2010, 04:53 PM
Mate - it's his first post, why do you have to come across all high n mighty like that. And for your info - SlowTrain is a fast bastard :)
So, i'd stop treating newcomers as if you're better than them idiot, you're no more a contributer to WO than he is, he's a racer who made a thread, you should respect that

OBH
5th November 2010, 05:30 PM
Sort it out kids :naughty

TarquinFarqhuar
5th November 2010, 07:58 PM
Hi dude :)

I wish I could check my stats.. But after loosing all my data 2 or 3 times. I don't even look at them now, as they're as accurate as a pickled blackwiggle wi rockets lol.. :)

Aeroracer
5th November 2010, 08:22 PM
stats mean nothing unless you started the game on its release date or your using a fake id after you have become competent at the game.
i started playing after game was out for a year.so therefore it is obvious i will have many losses as i used to lose 99 out of a 100 games.now i lose less games.
i can go online and win 20 out of 20
i can go online and lose 20 out of 20
all depends on who is on
i dont pick players i play whoever is on
so to me stats mean nothing apart from maybe i should turn off ps3 and go to the gym cos ive been playing too much..;)
Also players who chase high stats tend to run from rooms when an elite enters so they can keep their high stats and pick on noobs...

best gauge of how you fair as a racer is what your peers say about you..

OBH
5th November 2010, 08:48 PM
Last time i checked my stats was at yeldars when I noticed I (surprisingly!) had more wins than losses, and had over twice as many laps on chenghou than any other track ;)

Problem is though that like Tarquin, my stats have rest numerous times...

Colonel
5th November 2010, 09:20 PM
1,512 online races:

398 wins

1,114 losses

Which gives me a win percentage of 26.3%.

Whilst I agree with what you're all saying about the flaws in such statistics, maybe you're thinking too hard. Just post the damn stats :lol

morfeo378
5th November 2010, 11:00 PM
Here a video with my statistics
17xxx, online games
Won 9xxx
Lost 8xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGltkn-cS0U

slow-train
5th November 2010, 11:00 PM
what you sayin jasmin?you know this is my second account! i stopped racing as pitbull over a year ago for personal reasons which i wont go into, i really didnt expect this **** when i started this thread, i honestly thought it was worth a discussion! obviously im wrong, but id still love to know all the legendary pilots stats,even if ive had a lucky 10000 races lol

SaturnReturn
5th November 2010, 11:07 PM
I don't think anyone is aiming anything specifically at anyone else here. Can we all chill out a bit? If people don't want to post stats then don't, and anyone that wants to compare can. Super simple.

Having said that, there's already a thread for this:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6500&highlight=statistics

slow-train
5th November 2010, 11:08 PM
Here a video with my statistics
17xxx, online games
Won 9xxx
Lost 8xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGltkn-cS0U
mate,you da man ; )

slow-train
5th November 2010, 11:20 PM
I don't think anyone is aiming anything specifically at anyone else here. Can we all chill out a bit? If people don't want to post stats then don't, and anyone that wants to compare can. Super simple.

Having said that, there's already a thread for this:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6500&highlight=statistics
thanx mate,i really wasnt being arrogant,just curious! first thread n im digging my own grave here ; ( also i never seen the thread and i did search first!

blackwiggle
6th November 2010, 01:39 AM
Mate - it's his first post, why do you have to come across all high n mighty like that. And for your info - SlowTrain is a fast bastard :)
So, i'd stop treating newcomers as if you're better than them idiot, you're no more a contributer to WO than he is, he's a racer who made a thread, you should respect that

Seems my post has been misread and misunderstood by both Slowtrain and yourself.
I wasn't having a go at anybody, I was stating a fact.
The stats are wrong for the vast majority of people, it's been talked about a lot before.
They were only made available when Fury was released, and they are built on what information is available from you playing HD.
Where that information was gathered from, God knows, but it isn't correct, just like favorite craft, amount of photos taken etc can be WAY off, like filled in randomly.

I was talking about myself[first had experience]learning to be humble and not taking the stats seriously, not being "high and mighty" as you put it.
Obviously read and taken the complete opposite of what was written.

UB3R~JKP
6th November 2010, 01:48 AM
Ah, well sorry for the misunderstanding if that's the case mate, i must have read the situation wrong.

KGB
6th November 2010, 12:21 PM
stats mean nothing unless you started the game on its release date or your using a fake id after you have become competent at the game.
i started playing after game was out for a year.so therefore it is obvious i will have many losses as i used to lose 99 out of a 100 games.now i lose less games.

After looking over Saturns link, the stats were always counted from the original release date and hidden away, not from when the stats page was introduced, so they will be a fair reflection of how you have played. Lots of the stats don't look right to me though, especially the online/offline stat. The win/loss looks OK to me though. I'll post mine later.

Dark_Phantom_89
6th November 2010, 04:43 PM
The wins section of the stats should have been broken down into 1st, 2nd and 3rd IMO. Did you know that coming 2nd counts as a loss? That's not a loss in my eyes...

yeldar2097
6th November 2010, 04:51 PM
Last time I checked I had 62 wins and 7 losses. Thanks for ruining and corrupting my gamesave WOHD :brickwall.

My real stats weren't anywhere near as flattering :P

DP you're always winning nowadays anyway so it shouldn't worry you too much ^_^

Aeroracer
6th November 2010, 05:50 PM
@slow train..

i wasnt having a dig at you i was just saying that stats i.e the wins losses dont mean really anything unless you raced on one id from day one.

for example

lets assume everyone had one id

if you started playing on the release date and didnt pick your opponents you should basically come out about evens as everyone would around the same level
if you were to start a year later you would not come out even as everyone had a year start on you.
eventually you would catch up and be nearly as good as them but your stats would not reflect this..

thats if everyone used one id which they dont..

so ..just to clarify im not having a go at you cos i know you and your a nice guy.

KGB
6th November 2010, 05:55 PM
Out of 12267 races I have won 4566 of them which is about 37%. Four wins in ten races at mostly phantom isn't too bad ...is it?

Aeroracer
6th November 2010, 07:03 PM
well its better than me..
have to work my stats out but there bad im sure..

slow-train
7th November 2010, 09:26 AM
Out of 12267 races I have won 4566 of them which is about 37%. Four wins in ten races at mostly phantom isn't too bad ...is it?

thats sound mate, phantom is totally out of my comfort zone! i'm more into flash n venom

haiku
10th November 2010, 04:52 AM
Last time I checked I was 40/60 win loss ratio. 500 games played.

The 60% losses were just times I only made second place instead of first.

In 8 player races only of course.

leungbok
10th November 2010, 06:16 AM
:rolleyes:

ProblemSolver
10th November 2010, 11:49 AM
xD

Last time I checked I was 40/60 win loss ratio. 500 games played.
The 60% losses were just times I only made second place instead of
first, while being drunk, having sex, and going outside at the same
time! :rock With 8 chicks to serve, of course!

TarquinFarqhuar
10th November 2010, 12:44 PM
just had a look at my stats. according to them, i've had 5854 races. won 2585 and lost 3269. makes me look pretty good, but it's a load of bollox!.. wish i could get my correct stats. :brickwall

Oryx Crake
10th November 2010, 02:26 PM
I'm at 27% wins... I wish it was higher but I find it much more satisfying coming in at a close second behind some of the really big names like Luna or Tarquin than winning an easy race against beginers.

Of course there are times when I loose sight of the vapour trail of some of you and dont see it for the rest of the race and that can make me a bit cranky :D

I would actually rather like to see how often I come in at second place too...

TarquinFarqhuar
10th November 2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, stats for other places, 2nd/3rd etc, would be interestin'.. really wish I'd backed up data now. Some of the stats I have are just a load of nonsense.

Thnx for the compliment Oryx. Having raced you recently. I can say, I won't be long at all till your one of the really big names on the grid. :+

Oryx Crake
14th November 2010, 03:53 AM
@tarquin :redface:wow er... lost for words here except to say that I hope not to disappoint ya in the future :rock:g

in any case if there is one thing I would like to see from scee in terms of wipeout(except a new game of course) it is a more comprehensive scoriing and statistics system, or at least a sort of ladder thing where in you can see what all those race records actually mean in terms of overall strength.

maybe it's just me dreaming here but wouldn't it be nice if you could actually build some sort of league out of the records you set in the game?

P.S.

Thanks for the excellent races tonight everyone (sinus1, kyonshi, k_a_Y, etc...) and sorry for my drunken behaviour :beer

Kyonshi
14th November 2010, 06:18 AM
@Oryx

I was also drunk, don't worry :D:+