PDA

View Full Version : Copy all Datas,Records to new PS3!

TH4YA1
30th October 2010, 01:52 PM
I want to buy a new PS3 and want to copie all Records and successes from the old to the new ps3. I can only copie 1 record after another.But with over 100 Items this will last maybe hours. Can someone help me with this problem?

Summary:

How can i copy all Wipeout HD Datas to a new PS3 ;)

Thanks

yeldar2097
30th October 2010, 01:58 PM
If you mean your WOHD profile data, ghosts etc... then as far as I know you can only do it one by one.

TH4YA1
30th October 2010, 02:09 PM
Yes! ghosts and datas!

Damn.One by one :(

100-200 files to copy will be a horror.

Ok thanks for info.

SaturnReturn
30th October 2010, 02:15 PM
If you have two PS3s then I think there is a function to transfer all your data across with a LAN cable. I'm not sure exactly how it works, whether yu can select only game saves, or if it's literally the whole thing, but it could be another avenue to investigate.

Jav
30th October 2010, 02:16 PM
Perhaps you can press triangle when your cursor is on the folder (not inside yet), then [copy]? Not sure though.

someguy789
30th October 2010, 05:43 PM
you can also copy your HDD and put the copy in the new PS3
there's an option to do this in system settings and it says how to replace the hard drive in the user manual

TH4YA1
30th October 2010, 08:56 PM
[@someguy789]

Hehe! and that is the thing i donĀ“t want! I only want to copy the Wipeout Datas.

System says 137 FILES

LOOOL

blackwiggle
31st October 2010, 01:54 PM
That data transfer between PS3's is a total shonk.:-:evil.
I've just done it.
Or been a victim of it for better words.

It's only a way for Sony to NOT having you running two PS3's under the same account at the same time.

It does NOT TRANSFER ALL data from the old PS3 to the new PS3, even if you follow the instructions to the letter.
COPY ALL YOUR GAME SAVE DATA ONTO A USB STICK BEFORE DOING A TRANSFER [you will lose it otherwise]
You still need to re download everything that you have ever got from the PStore.
Fun NOT!
Sorry to seem so negative but I've found out the hard way what a PITA this is , just thought I'd warn you all.

SaturnReturn
31st October 2010, 05:10 PM
Damn, that sucks. :( What does it actually transfer across then, BW?

blackwiggle
2nd November 2010, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure it actually transfers anything, or very little, I had to re download 95% of my PStore bought content plus my game save data didn't transfer, lucky I had backed it all up to a USB stick just before I started the process, all it does is 100% deactivate your old console and wipe in clean.

TH4YA1
3rd February 2011, 12:05 PM
Maybe today i will buy a new ps3 and whant to copy my datas.But were are the records stores. Ghost datas are not the records.and gamedatas are only the datas to improve loading speed.So what datas do i have to copy to transfere my records to the new ps3?

blackwiggle
3rd February 2011, 01:03 PM
Copy all you general WipeoutHD GAME SAVE DATA, it will have the amount of hours you have been playing HD on it.
Then go through all your individual tracks/speed class game save data, and copy the GHOSTS you want to save.
They are not big files, but there is a hell of a lot of them.
If you use the dodgy PS3 to PS3 Transfer system it a very good chance, to almost 100% guaranteed that you will lose that data in the process.
I know I lost all my GHOSTS when using it.

TH4YA1
3rd February 2011, 09:01 PM
thanks.
Got my new PS3 and copied the datas.Everything worked fine. 4-5 month offline was not fine ;)

amplificated
3rd February 2011, 09:23 PM
what happened to your old ps3 that prevented you from connecting to the psn? the linux option being removed?

TH4YA1
3rd February 2011, 10:18 PM
George Hotz was to blame for it ;)

amplificated
3rd February 2011, 10:25 PM
lol, too true.

TH4YA1
3rd February 2011, 10:37 PM
Now i got a brother and a sister side by side!
or a Angel and a Devil
:g:g:g