PDA

View Full Version : Time Traveller Spotted At Chaplin Premiere?

Dark_Phantom_89
28th October 2010, 11:17 PM
I came across this startling footage today and feel that it's definitely worth a look. Be warned, it's quite creepy when you think about it.

Time traveller spotted at Chaplin premiere? | Movies Blog - Yahoo! Movies (http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/57334/time-traveller-spotted-at-chaplin-premiere.html)

This person walks across the screen talking into what looks like a mobile phone, but this was filmed in the 1920's. Apparently, a professional editor has looked at the footage and has come to the conclusion that it has not been edited in any way.

Thoughts anyone?

JABBERJAW
28th October 2010, 11:25 PM
Hey, I saw that too, very weird, but you cannot see what she is actually holding very clearly. I was going to post it, but forgot.

Mr Phlanj
28th October 2010, 11:43 PM
dont worry thats just sam becket hoping the next leap will be the leap back home

blackwiggle
28th October 2010, 11:48 PM
Probably a small ear trumpet if anything.
http://www.livescience.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?s=strangenews&c=news&l=&pic=ear-trumpet-1-101028-02.jpg&cap=An+ear+trumpet+dating+from+the+mid+to+late+19t h+century.+Credit:+Central+Institute+for+the+Deaf-Max+A.+Goldstein+Historic+Devices+for+Hearing+Coll ection&title=

Plus I didn't see her talking in that clip.

Besides there were no mobile phone infrastructure back then to receive or transmit a signal.

Fun way to promot a Chaplin Film Festival though.:)

Dark_Phantom_89
28th October 2010, 11:51 PM
I saw her lips moving as if she was talking to someone.

Which of course begs the question: If it was a phone, who was she talking to?

DJ Techno
29th October 2010, 02:00 AM
So this the same thing about what yahoo posted yesterday...

The pics still not showing much to say if its a cell phone or some special hearing aid

Medusa
29th October 2010, 04:00 PM
She's holding her spare gloves and glasses and talking to herself about why she's not in Chaplin's movie when she is clearly the most popular lady of the day. ;)

Nutcase:259
29th October 2010, 05:08 PM
could it not just be a hoax? have a a back projection of the original footage and whack a horse in the foreground to make it look like she passes behind it and thus make it look like shes in the picture? because in the close ups it looks like theres something ( a projection of the background )on here face and hat? then again that may just be as its very old footage.
just a suggestion, probably wrong as i don't know the background to the story,but you never know :lol weird though

omega329
30th October 2010, 01:07 PM
could just have an itchy scalp?

infoxicated
30th October 2010, 11:04 PM
I saw her lips moving as if she was talking to someone.

Which of course begs the question: If it was a phone, who was she talking to?
Maybe she was talking to herself.

Why should people who are hard of hearing miss out on that? ;)

UB3R~JKP
3rd November 2010, 01:19 PM
It was good ol' Captain disillusion (search on Youtube) who brought this to my attention...and once again debunked another myth, I had no idea that she may just be blocking sunlight :O

CD is the man!

Aeroracer
12th November 2010, 09:17 PM
its not time travel..why send a victorian style granny back through time..

just looks like shes on a mobile...

if you time travel you would probally go into paralel universe or something..kinda nature way of protecting itself against dumb ass life forms like humans who will ultimatley screw up their own timeline given a chance..

MENGKESHI
12th November 2010, 09:43 PM
I wonder what network she was connected to...