PDA

View Full Version : 2097/XL on PS3?

Oryx Crake
27th October 2010, 11:28 PM
I have heard rumors of this but have been able to find any reliable sources that aren't just speculation or wishlists... it would however cause me great happiness and joy if it was true that such a port is in the works.

so on to my question does anyone know if this is actually happening or if these are just rumors and nothing more?

JABBERJAW
28th October 2010, 01:42 AM
It would be nice, but you would think it would have happened by now. Also, it would be better if they ported the Mac version so you could have analog control. The mac had multiplayer as well

Oryx Crake
28th October 2010, 10:40 AM
Hehe yeah best possible version absolutely though I would enjoy anything, but as you say you'd think it would've happened by now... oh well one can always hope.

Pico de Goroh
30th October 2010, 04:56 PM
I think sony would rather have everyone playing HD. It's the showcase game for their system.

SaturnReturn
30th October 2010, 05:21 PM
There must be a fair few people with memories of 2097/XL who would love to play it again, and subsequently be likely to purchase HD/Fury once their taste for the WipEout series is rejuvenated. I don't think they mind if people play HD all that much, as long as they buy it.

mdhay
30th October 2010, 06:21 PM
That reminds me, I have to try and get a copy off of Amazon. Although if it appeared on the store, I'd be more inclined to get that. :D

Dexito2097
20th November 2010, 06:11 AM
The PS1 disc plays just fine on my PS3 slim.

I guess (for now) the only way to enjoy WOXL on your PS3 is to get a copy on eBay.

I wonder if the disc swapping technique works on the PS3 though...

I'll give it a try later.

bonjoF3600
20th January 2011, 09:00 PM
i saw that post some days before and gone WOOT OMG WTF ? i thought i was sure ive heard that ps3 plays ps2 games but not ps ones , i checked it my self and it plays it , so on 17 on january ( 3 days before ) i got from ebay a platinum copy ( higher chance for good cd contition ) , today this morning it arrived and i can say a few things

1st IM 15 YEARS OLD AGAIN !!!
2nd my fingers have again the players feel ( having the hard things cant recall the word)

IM SO HAPPY !!! , I FOUND MY LOST CHILDHOOD WITH LESS THAN 15e IN LESS THAN 3 DAYS

DawnFireDragoon
31st January 2011, 11:58 PM
this may well account for why we are yet to see 2097 and 3 on PSN...

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/01/31/psone-classics-where-we-all-stand/#comments

2097 was advertised as been available on PSN in the uncharted game manual, so i would guess they intended to have it out, but found bugs/glitches or had licensing problems. :(

but with crash 2 going back up soon (they fixed some bugs, which is why it got taken off PSN for a while) then i guess there is still hope for the classic wipeout's to make it too!!!

Cyberio
12th March 2011, 07:35 PM
Well, i think it is rated by PEGI (european age advisors) and probably in the US PEGI too (don't know his name), but i am talking about 2 years earlier, so it's odd not to be released until now, even a little advertisement of the problems, or whatever could happen.

MetaKraken
21st March 2011, 02:24 PM
If only Sony would release 2097/XL for PS Store, seeing as how I never played either games for many years...

Sausehuhn
18th June 2011, 01:12 PM
I just noticed something that may or may not be the reason why Sony hasn’t released WO2097 for PS3/PSP yet: At least with my PS3 (1. Gen. Slim) I get regular music errors. Music plays fine but stops somewhere in the middle of the track and restarts again. Same goes for WO3:SE sometimes.

Haven’t made any studies yet about that; maybe there is some system behind it and it’s not purely random.

But I doubt Sony can fix that as there original game codes are lost and there’s probably no one who would do the job anyway.

mdhay
18th June 2011, 06:19 PM
It's probably also got sometihng to do with Red Bull.