PDA

View Full Version : imagine if the FX300 was made a real racing sport

kat-kun
27th October 2010, 02:59 PM
wouldnt it be awesome if you were piloting for Icaras, Feisar, Assegai etc. in real life. it would rock.

kanar
27th October 2010, 03:46 PM
yeah but you couldn't drink a beer or two before racing, or smoke some stuff & so on. Plus we should have an incredible physical condition like the nasa guys ah ha

kat-kun
27th October 2010, 03:49 PM
as well as having to take centrifugle tests

A-Tomic_Power
28th October 2010, 05:02 PM
And invent anti-gravity first.;)

UB3R~JKP
28th October 2010, 09:17 PM
It would be one of the best things ever that's fo' sure :D

Would be a FEISAR Faithful ;)

MetaKraken
28th October 2010, 09:23 PM
Lol that'd be great. Although I'm more of a driver than a pilot (in real life), but I imagine if I were to make Wipeout-themed vehicles for an auto show...

Aeroracer
28th October 2010, 10:14 PM
if it was real in real life you wouldnt be able to use weapons as ships cost money and pilots would get killed...it would just be pure racing..

UB3R~JKP
28th October 2010, 10:28 PM
I would imagine it would use the "quick-safe" idea used in "Speed Racer" JJ :)

You can see it activated around 0.45-0.50 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoPYGuzZ7bg

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th October 2010, 08:00 AM
I'm thinking that if something like this happened,there will be a new F1.The new F1 would use Anti-Grav ships instead of cars.
Not that it is impossible,we are still in the very early stages of development(or are we?).
And I suppose that we are not including the FX-350/400 judging by the thread title?

kat-kun
29th October 2010, 11:08 AM
I actually ment the FX350. lol i has bad memory. if i was a pilot, Assegai would be a definite go

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th October 2010, 12:17 PM
Ok,if the FX-350/400 IS a real spectator sport,then will the Mag-Strips be implemented? Because if the Mag-strips ARE implemented,we have a long way to go.

kat-kun
29th October 2010, 01:34 PM
yeh. all i have to say is if i was spectating if ship goes boom, duck and see if a part of the dstroyed ship hits the person behind you. (>.<)

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th October 2010, 03:44 PM
I suppose seeing a ship blow up on a mag-strip like in the 90 degree incline on Vertica and drop back down would be very fun?Either that or perhaps a ship blow up on Moa Therma in that loop section?

kat-kun
29th October 2010, 05:07 PM
ahh vertica, the memories. yeh i suppose it would. be even funnier if the whole ship came flying at ya.

F.E.I.S.A.R
29th October 2010, 05:23 PM
To be honest,that wouldn't be very funny.But if it was a simulation and it hit a lot of people,that may be a different story. You woudn't want a destroyed ship coming at you when you just saw your favourite team destroy your hated team,right?

kat-kun
29th October 2010, 06:26 PM
good point. but if a part of a destroyed ship flew right at you and missed you. you would probably take the part that nearly hit u

Flint Fandango
8th December 2010, 10:10 AM
What a great idea! First, I would move without regard for the loss to Great Britain, and assume the local citizenship - so that I could become a full member in the team Icaras.
But until then I'd probably be too old to be a pilot ... damn. :|
I ask myself the question, just how much fun the audience would have if they wanted to watch a race of phantom class.
Could be colorful, and it would be finished very quickly. Another problem, wich should be solved.
Ok, I guess that I will not be able to see that anyway, but again - I love to imagine such a scenario!

F.E.I.S.A.R
9th December 2010, 12:50 PM
I'm willing to bet that real Anti-Gravity races will be at least more than 90 laps long if it wants to be as long as Formula One races are(at Phantom speed,if the time spent for a lap is 30 seconds).
We can only dream right now.

jesse9705
10th December 2010, 10:46 AM
Im a triaki all the way except for the part of greed and sabotage apart from that i qiute like van uber tigron and assegai