PDA

View Full Version : France Vs North America

Kyonshi
5th October 2010, 09:37 PM
France proposed a challenge to North America!:D

The tourney will take place on Saturday October 9th, at 10:00pm in France (+2GMT), meaning 4:00pm East Coast (-5GMT), 3:00pm Central (-6GMT) and 2:00pm West Coast (-7GMT).

The track line-up hasn't been decided yet, well from North America at least.

Confirmed pilots for NAWTy are:
-Kyonshi (CAN)
-Rezatron (CAN)
-IDReaper (USA)

Subs need to be determined.

More details will follow soon, i will update this post in time.

[B]As for NAWTy pilots, please also refer to the NAWTy Briefing Room for discussion about preparation for the event.

IDReaper
6th October 2010, 05:46 PM
Sounds good, good luck guyz! I'll be available on stand by this Saturday and can help with practice earlier that day as well.

Kyonshi
7th October 2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks Reaper, i appreciate your presence!

Also guys, i posted on the NAWTy Briefing Room something that is matter of private discussion for our team. Please take knowledge of the message and share opinions if you feel the need to. Thanks :)

Kyonshi
7th October 2010, 11:44 PM
DeepMix is currently sick, so he agreed to leave the spot to Boo4ever. The line-up for NAWTy is complete!

Ace3cube
8th October 2010, 05:43 PM
Woooo nice line O.O

kaori
9th October 2010, 10:03 AM
Be careful, France is currently GMT + 2 ;)

Good luck

Kyonshi
9th October 2010, 09:56 PM
Ace, you got NAWTy scores, i think its correct. I'm sure you will post the results has you guys won this.

As for me, i quit the position of NAWTy team leader. I don't have what it takes to be properly efficient. The last tourneys including this one will confirm it by the results. Its either i suck or the game ****s with me in the most unimaginable ways. Got destroyed 5 or 6 times, got stuck on the side track on MH Rev 5 ****ING SECONDS without ever respawning. I had to wait the ship slowly drifts back on the track. Got thrown out of the track on Metropia Fwd during France's tourney, got hit by a reverse missile (?!?) from Fyue3 on Amphi Rev, i swear. Still can't believe the crap that happened. Its not "well it happens to everyone", at this point its a ****ing curse, i clearly have no rights to do decent races in those events. Not mentioning the usual collisions that kills me before even doing 1 lap.

Most enraging is that i can't prove what happened, i don't have videos of this. I will most probably pass for a cry-baby who makes excuses to justify the lame performance. But its not. Outside tourneys, people can say i'm good on the usual online races. But here, i got properly ****ed and this game can go just **** itself for now. I can't have fun, it makes me angry, i lose my concentration and i suck. I don't want no pity, for the love of God and all that is holy, please refrain from saying anything like that. I'm explaining why i quit and that is all.

Whoever wants to be NAWTy leader, suit yourself. I don't even ask to remain on the team, you decide. At least i'm happy that i made my people happy by maintaining the team afloat. Have fun guys.

Ace3cube
9th October 2010, 10:07 PM
3vs3
NA : Rezatron # IDReaper # Kyonshi
FR : Fyue3 # Chesterknight # Ace3cube

First part :
Host NA tourney : 1. Ace3(47) ; 2. Fyue3(46) ; 3. Reza(40) ; 4. Kyo(31) ; 5. IDRe(31) ; 6. Chest(29)
Host FR Green enduro : Reza/IDRe/Kyo/Fyue3/Chest/Ace3
Total :
FR 131 - 121 NA

Second part :
Host FR tourney : 1. Reza(49) ; IDRe(43) ; 3. Ace3(37) ; 4. Fyue3(35) ; 5. Chest(32) ; 6. Kyo(28)
Host NA enduro : Reza/IDRe/Fyue3/Ace3/Kyo/Chest
Total:
NA 137 - 115 FR

Ace3cube
9th October 2010, 10:12 PM
But yes, there were some strange things (as usual now). I will post videos during next few days. I got some bumping on other ship and out of track and others things funny. My controller has eat real wall one time \o/. And like all of us : lag ...

3vs3 is more 'quiet' than 4vs4. I think it's faster and lots of pressure !

ps : dont worry, i trust you. There are lots of ****ing strange things !!!!!! I heard sometimes 'mines' before i saw lol

SaturnReturn
9th October 2010, 10:27 PM
Most enraging is that i can't prove what happened, i don't have videos of this. I will most probably pass for a cry-baby who makes excuses to justify the lame performance. But its not.

I doubt anyone would think thata. You know why? Because we've all had it at times. We've all complained about this stuff, and a hell of a lot of use have quite online races, or the game...multiple times. It can get totally messed up sometimes, even to the point where I'm fairly sure that the online game just misses our inputs completely. JABBERJAW made a post somewhere about input lag when online and, although I was skeptical, I'm starting to believe it. There are times when you feel your ship just isn't the one you chose, or all ships handle the same. I once got taken off at the exact same corner of Sol 2 three times in a session and ended up stranded on the wing for an eternity. Last night I did some a few laps of TT and was going great guns, but then went online and hot totally screwed over. Then there are the crazy things, like falling through tracks, and losing 90% of our shields from one tiny collision. Sometimes all that crap happens in one session, and it's generally more likely to be in a full room of fast pilots. The game just can't handle it as well as we'd like it to.
But rather than give up, I'd suggest taking a break, and coming back with a renewed viewpoint of having fun. I did this after having loads more fun at the European WipEout convention battling it out to not come last in Pure and Pulse, and realising I'd taken it too seriously. These days I play less frequently, and therefore have more fun as I expect less of myself.
Also, remember that it's a small community, and within it there aren't actually all that many people who have the motivation to organise things like this and motivate others. So whatever your performance on the tracks is, just being willing and able to make this stuff happen is invaluable to the community. Too many people have already lost that will with the latest few games, and I'd hate to lose another one of those dedicated pilots.

KGB
10th October 2010, 04:51 PM
It's the duty of the team captain to take one for the team on a regular basis kyonshi, as I have proved every time I race :). Just suck it up mate :+

Kyonshi
10th October 2010, 06:18 PM
Some things are the cause of my "demise".

First im passionate. Being passionate in anything in life is a double-edged sword. Of course, you put dedication in the very thing you're passionate for. You put all the efforts to improve and it's never labour or a burden. But it can also trigger a love-hate situation when things are not working at all. You just can't give up, you always come back. This is of course how i like-hate WipEout. I will always come back, i cannot quit playing forever. Its been more than 2 years now that i play regularly, and i still feel like its the launch day. The only other game i've been playing so intensively was... WipEout XL.

Second thing, picking Feisar in those events is the exact reflection of how i am in life: i have total control of my life. I want to be able to recover from a hard time, i want to be able to correct what's wrong, the quickest way possible, and do better next time. In tourneys, i pick Feisar to have my instincts and reflexes in accordance with the ship's behavior. But i know i can't have control on the unfair crap happening in the game, and this makes me angry. I worked soooo HARD to be where i am in the game, to have a spot among the greatests, while WipEout is being described as one of the most difficult learning curve in racing games. BUT i cannot accept the unfair bugs and glitches that compromise all the efforts i've put in the game. I don't want to have perfection, i don't want people cheering for me all the time, i don't mind finishing 2nd or 3rd in a good race. I don't mind having the usual **** ups happening 1 or 2, or maybe 3 times. But every ****ing tourney it happens??? No!!!! Enough is enough!!! How can i accept being stuck on a ****ing billboard 5 freakin' seconds without respawning?!?!? It has reached a level of ridiculousness that is not acceptable to me. It's not the insignificant polygon bug anymore. There's a limit, jesus christ.

I know i don't have control over the game, i can't make miracles happening. But right now, there's a ****ing limit and i've attained it. I won't suck it up. I'm questioning myself if its endangering my sanity. I know you guys will tell me to not take this seriously and you are right. But ya know, even there, there's always a deep part of us that want to do the best, no matter if its a video game or a great, real-life endeavour. There's always this resonance echoing in our minds that pushes us to be as best as we can. That's what is also another cause of my reaction here. I'm the team leader. I have to represent my homeland. Maybe i have this sense of honor that overflows in things not so significant in life, such as an online, multiplayer video game. I wanna have fun too of course, i don't want to run the presidency. But like KGB says i have to take one for the team from time to time, a good captain also has to know when to back-up when things go wrong and acknowledge when he can't do the job properly. And i'm at this point right now. I am in this position where i have to fulfill the requirements to justify my title and i can't, because of my reaction and how the game is ****ed up in an unfair way.

Damn, sorry for long post guys, i never expected WipEout to turn out this philosophical:eek

Ace3cube
11th October 2010, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=26A85E466E9AB63E

There my videos ;)
I began to play like a baby when i made the incredible mistake on the first enduro lol :/
By the way : 2 enduro were Green ;)

Jav
14th October 2010, 11:57 PM
Loved the vids Ac3 :) And you like the same sort of trance as I do, was a pleasure to watch and listen :D

Ace3cube
15th October 2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah !! Thanks dude !
Armin Van Buuren , Above & Beyond , Aly & Fila , Markus Shultz and lots of great others.
It's a real pleasure to play wipeout listenning that sort of musics.
The harder is to select what music to put on WO playlist ^_^ 

Jav
15th October 2010, 02:13 PM
All of them! Seriously, I use a playlist of nearly 300 tracks including Arctic Moon, Daniel Kandi, Adam Nickey, Sean Tyas, Nitrous Oxide etc etc. Just awesome. :D