PDA

View Full Version : F1 2010 anyone?

mikrucio
22nd September 2010, 07:00 AM
hey guys

Iv been tracking this game for a while now and i must say its going to be a launch buy for me!

comes out tomorrow! woohooo anyone else excited?

LurifaxFlux
22nd September 2010, 07:03 AM
I'm excited about it too! :g

Sadly I can't get it just yet, have a debt to pay off first, but perhaps in december we can race ;)

Nutcase:259
22nd September 2010, 11:41 AM
i might wait a bit, see if they put out a demo maybe?
then i can whoop ass in a HRT :lol

Amorbis
22nd September 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm unsure as to whether I should get this or just wait until Gran Turismo 5 comes out which also has some F1 cars in it. I would want F1 2010 for the career mode and having all the tracks and drivers, but I'm not sure as too how similar it would feel to Codemaster's other racing games, I'd rather it be more of a simulator game than an arcade game being Formula 1. And there's no guarantee than GT5 will have the Lotus Racing car.

I might get it when its cheaper so I can race online against anyone here that gets it. Or maybe if a demo comes out it'll persuade me to get it sooner.

DreamyElf
22nd September 2010, 06:03 PM
unfortunately the developer of the game have said, in an interview on eurogamer.net about a month ago, that codemasters are not planning on releasing a demo.
they may change their mind if the sales are poor (although i'm sure it will sell well).
the game is clearly simulation-based and you can expect a carrer like the one on Dirt 2, even better from what i've seen...
personally, i'm not watching F1 anymore (stopped on 2006...), but i might rent it just to see how it works with my wheel.
although i doubt that i'll buy it.
the only game that i really need is GT5...

SaturnReturn
22nd September 2010, 06:10 PM
Not watching, but are you following the championship at all DreamyElf? I think this season has been much more interesting than any I've seen in a long time. There are still some boring races, and qualifying is actually generally more interesting than race day, but I think it's a lot better than years gone by as now I actually really look forward to a Formula 1 weekend.

As for the game - I was watching some videos of it last night, and I'd kind of like to try it at least, but I wasn't left really wanting it in any way.

DreamyElf
22nd September 2010, 06:20 PM
no mate :)
for some reason (bored maybe...) i stopped watching F1 and i ended-up watching only WRC and Moto Gp.
i know that the last 2 years F1 has became spectacular again.
maybe i'll start watching it again next year...:)

oh i found the link about the demo interview i mentioned in my previous post:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/no-f1-2010-demo-says-codemasters

and here is another link with a fresh interview. the devs are already working on the next F1 game, here it is:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-22-codemasters-already-working-on-f1-2011

23rd September 2010, 10:35 AM
no demo = lame.

as for the real thing. i much preffered it before they introdeced the skinny rear wing rules, its ment to lower downforce levels but the designers are so good they find ways around & so the levels are around the same if not more than pre 2008,
that said its good that 5ish drivers are stilll in contention, especially when a ferrari's involved:rock (even if it is Fernando ' Look at my constantly changing facial hair and massive eyebrows' Alonso)

LurifaxFlux
23rd September 2010, 01:51 PM
Hey!!! I love Alonso :<

23rd September 2010, 02:06 PM
never said i hated him, it was just an observation :P :lol

hes in a ferrari so i can live with him, though i prefer massa

lunar
24th September 2010, 04:32 PM
I love F1 games, if I could quit work, lock the doors, kill the phones, buy enough food and stimulants for a couple of months and do the whole season with massive practice and testing sessions, and do full length races.... seasons, in full simulation mode then I`d love to get this game. I read a couple of reviews which said this game takes a lot of concentration on hard difficulty and that it is harsh on corner cutting, all good, but I don`t think I have the time to enjoy it how I would like. :)

KGB
24th September 2010, 05:03 PM
All this talk of GT5 and F1 is making me ill. As a general rule I hate racing games :redface:.

Challenger #001
24th September 2010, 05:47 PM
For what it's worth, I agree with Saturn. I think it's been a good championship this year, even if all it means is that we've got to laugh at Schumacher's comeback. *is a Rosberg fanboy*

25th September 2010, 12:51 PM
*Laughing harder at Sakon Yammamoto ATM, he hits more of his pit crew than apex's, ZING! XD

ps bought the game = Awsome, although a little light on damage, tracks look propper too. and so do tha cars, although if i were being really picky, some of the wing mirrors are in the wrong positiion, and the bull horn front wings are not as concave. (but thats me being grossly pedantic, as i sit here in my small ferrari shrine waiting for the singapore qually to start:g)

JFthebestJan
25th September 2010, 07:00 PM
yesterday i had my 1st F1 2010 online session.
morfeo vs. me (heads up) in melbourne and sakhir
it was really great racing, all i have to say is:
it's better than wipeout hd! (i love wipeout)
i think i forced morfeo to buy a logitech steering wheel soon. :)

SaturnReturn
25th September 2010, 07:08 PM
How different is the game with a normal PS3 controller vs. a steering wheel? What are the benefits of the wheel - accuracy? Anything else?

JFthebestJan
25th September 2010, 07:26 PM
i own a logitech "driving force pro" and i play F1 2010 on hardest mode with all driving aids turned off, manual transmission, no TC.
i have to say, this game really rocks!
almost as good as Grand Prix 3/4 on PC!
pad vs wheel = wheel wins, cause u really "feel" the car with a good wheel thx to force feedback effects.
btw F1 2010 is still great to play with a pad too! a wheel is not a must have, but a want have. ;)

@ saturn
accuracy and consistency re the main advantages vs pad

dobyblue
13th October 2010, 03:22 PM
I think TC OFF is impossible with a regular controller, there's no way to adjust your throttle like you can with a pedal so you don't spin at every corner.

My GT Pro arrives in a couple days.

As for the game, SOOOOOO many bugs. Codemasters should be ashamed for the amount of testing they did, which was obviously very little. Great game, amazing graphics, very good job on all the tracks, looking forward to a patch asap to fix the dozen or so major issues.

13th October 2010, 04:16 PM
the pad triggers are presure sensitive?

as for bugs, yes there a pain in the @$$ . random tyre puncture, pit in, change tires, then get a puncture again IN THE PITLANE!!!!!!!!

also the ridiculous instant penalties for so much as looking at the car in front :roll
have they not seen f1, it takes the FiA forever to award any kind of decision (eg Monaco this year or hamilton overtaking the safety car......)

also the ai breaking the white line rule and the lollipop mans iinability to release the car from the pits. (ends rant)

other than that, i think its alright :lol i like the handling and the way the car feels, like when you go through Au Rouge and its all bumpy

TwitchySpitfire
13th October 2010, 04:38 PM
(eg Valencia this year or hamilton overtaking the safety car......)

Fixed! :g

Do these bugs appear in just the PS3 version? Or does it appear else where?

13th October 2010, 04:54 PM
i ment the valencia hamilton thing as seperate to the monaco screw up, (take your pick there are a whole ton of FiA balls ups :P :lol

im guessing it across sll of them , not sure though as i only have a ps3,

P.s. bad frame rate some times grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dobyblue
14th October 2010, 02:45 AM
the pad triggers are presure sensitive?

They don't seem to be, or it's just way too hard to get soft using pads vs. pedals.

Needless to say, I look forward to my Logitech GT wheel arriving next week so I can turn off TC.