PDA

View Full Version : Team Puerto Rico vs. Team England (COMING SOON!)

MetaKraken
20th September 2010, 01:19 AM
For the first time ever in Wipeout history, Team Puerto Rico (with me the only member of this team, whereas the rest is unknown) takes on against the Team UK in a one-on-one battle on each team!

I hereby give you the most challenging events in Wipeout HD/Fury, which consists (yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous on me, being the only player not from North America, even though PR is a US territory, I'm always up for a challenge; me against everyone else :P) a true one-on-one battle:

Zone Battle:

Sebenco Climb (Reverse)
Pro Tozo
Vineta K (Forward)
Sol 2 (Reverse)
Modesto heights (Reverse)

Races:

The Amphiseum (Forward)
Talon's Junction (Forward)
Moa Therma (Reverse)
Ubermall (Reverse)
Anulpha Pass (Reverse)
Modesto Heights (Forward)
Tech De Ra (Reverse)

Pilot Assist is OFF

Team Puerto Rico:

1. MetaKraken (PUR)

Team England:

TBA (To Be Added)

The race starts this November (tribute to Marcus).

KGB
20th September 2010, 09:41 AM
Are we?

stin
20th September 2010, 09:53 AM
Sorry, in UK, there is Scotland, Wales, Ireland and England and not just english!, please get your facts right!:P

stevie;)

MetaKraken
20th September 2010, 12:20 PM
Darn, my bad ><! I'll edit them out shortly!

I gotta change the title, but my first post won't seem to let me :(.

SaturnReturn
20th September 2010, 10:56 PM
I can change it for you if you tell me what you want it to be. But please use the edit button on your previous post next time rather than posting twice in a row.

MetaKraken
20th September 2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks. Bear in mind though that my english isn't what it used to be. You can edit out the title from my first post. Sometimes I get excited, so I couldn't help it, Saturn.

Oh yeah, and I also want the first page a lot like about my first tourney gone awry. I like a one-on-one battle against those from UK, Scotland, England and Wales, which points can be totaled individually and at the end, the scores would tally up, depending on whether in 1st or 2nd.

Dark_Phantom_89
21st September 2010, 06:14 PM
That's an interesting idea there MetaKraken. KGB is the almighty leader of Team England, so it's probably best to check with him if anyone wants to challenge the England squad.

MetaKraken
21st September 2010, 06:26 PM
Yes, seeing as how I can show each of the players of Team England (or various, depending if they're from Ireland, Wales, and Scotland) in a one-on-one battle race.

KGB
21st September 2010, 07:23 PM
KGB is the almighty leader of Team England

I like that :+:D

This sounds like it won't get off the ground to me, but if you want to race English pilots then tell us what you want to do then we can see if it can be arranged. If you want a one on one battle against pilots from the UK then it's probably best if you contact them individually.

Good luck......you will need it :twisted.

Challenger #001
21st September 2010, 08:55 PM
If you want a friendly, quick and easy to do race against a UK pilot, you can always come to my thread *hides big promotion sign* and challenge me or one of the various other friendly types that hang around there. I'm also not opposed to Zone battles. ;3

And I thought Hellfire was England's leader? o.O

MetaKraken
21st September 2010, 10:16 PM
You don't have to participate in Zone Battles if you don't want to :P.

MetaKraken
13th October 2010, 01:53 AM
I have made changes on the first post. I also changed the date, and I will announce it soon. Be sure to sign up.

Challenger #001
13th October 2010, 07:10 AM
Though not an Official Team England member, I could take you up on that if you'd like.

Dark_Phantom_89
13th October 2010, 07:22 AM
If it's for Marcus then I'll do it. :+

KGB
13th October 2010, 07:23 AM
Though not an Official Team England member, I could take you up on that if you'd like.

I can sort that one out mate :).

Challenger #001
13th October 2010, 07:45 AM
Whoooo. I'd like to point out though that it was kind of because I'm -living- in England right now, I'm Scottish by birth and lived most of my life in France. If that rules me out of contention I'm more than happy to let DP take on Kraken.

KGB
13th October 2010, 08:06 AM
If you're paying your taxes then you're in with the Sassenachs (right spelling?) mate ;). We have pilots of Polish and German origin in our team, we even have two Cumbrians which is like the Brigadoon of England. The position is there if you would like to take it :g.

Edit: I'll invite Nutcase as well even though he is a bass player ;). We will try to beat Metakraken by strength in numbers alone.

Hellfire_WZ
13th October 2010, 12:04 PM
I'll muck in if needed :)

Challenger #001
13th October 2010, 12:21 PM
Kraken, sure you don't want a rear gunner in this event? XD

Nutcase:259
13th October 2010, 12:40 PM
Oi Oi you leave the 4 strings of sweet tonal rhythm out of this :P XD

Thx for inviting me to team england, must be scraping the barrel if your calling on me tho :lol

is this like 1 on 7? you crazy MetaKraken :g

MetaKraken
13th October 2010, 01:41 PM
Lol more or less likely, but it's actually a 1-on-1 battle :P. It's just me against individual UK team.

@Challenger: Well, I could be a rear gunner, but seeing as how I won't go easy on ya...

SaturnReturn
13th October 2010, 11:48 PM
Deepmix is from El Salvador in Central America. He races with the North America Team though, as there are so few people from Central and South America. Maybe you could find other from CA too and make a one-off Team Central America for this? Just a suggestion in case you wanted some actual team racing MK.

MetaKraken
14th October 2010, 12:23 AM
I dunno, and even though there are some players from CA and NA, PR is actually located in the Carribean, so I don't think it counts as NA. Even though I may be partaking in team NA, I'm more of a lone wolf, most likely because I take on whatever teams I face off against in a one-on-one battle, whether in the Americas, or in Europe ;).

SaturnReturn
14th October 2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah, but I just figured you're missing out on the fun of the team racing experience. Anyway, totally up to you.

KGB
14th October 2010, 08:11 PM
Why don't you put up a challenge in the one on one thread and see if you get any takers Metakraken :)?

MetaKraken
14th October 2010, 08:35 PM
I would, but I am unable to change the title from my first post :frown:.

KGB
14th October 2010, 08:45 PM
Forget about this thread and post in this one http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7691. I'm sure you will get lots of replies.

Challenger #001
14th October 2010, 08:45 PM
I second KGB's idea. ;3

I lived in Venezuela for one and a half years. I could fly with you...

MetaKraken
14th October 2010, 08:46 PM
Okay, then. I'll see what I can do. Thanks KGB :).

Dark_Phantom_89
14th October 2010, 09:06 PM
I second KGB's idea. ;3

Trying to leave KGB's comfy Team England HQ so quickly? ;)

stin
14th October 2010, 09:10 PM
I second KGB's idea. ;3

OI!!! you said " I'm Scottish by birth"!!!

I`m scottish too, why not join us?8)

stevie<------God father!!! ;) (From the scottish mafia)

Kyonshi
16th October 2010, 02:19 AM
I dunno, and even though there are some players from CA and NA, PR is actually located in the Carribean, so I don't think it counts as NA. Even though I may be partaking in team NA, I'm more of a lone wolf, most likely because I take on whatever teams I face off against in a one-on-one battle, whether in the Americas, or in Europe ;).

Even though Puerto Rico is in the Carribean, i could easily accept players from this area in North American Team. Since there's not so much / not enough pilots in Central and South America, i'm being more open to include players from outside North America (like already mentioned DeepMix but also Coatlketzal from Mexico), if they really wanna race on a team. We could end up with Team America, who knows?:)

Also Meta, i like the idea of having a Goteki rider in the team, so if the offer ever interest you... ;)

Challenger #001
16th October 2010, 12:52 PM
XD to all. You're going to love trying to work out which team I belong in.

I was born in Scotland, to a Finnish mother and Chilean father, studied for most of my life in France, though lived in Venezuela, United Arab Emirates and Indonesia for a year and a half each. I'm currently now studying in England though, and dated an American for three years.

Not trying to leave any team... I just don't know which one I belong in. I'm sure there are plenty more Englishmen willing to take on Kraken all of whom go better into the top hat, tails, and can Morris Dance. Equally I keep hesitating about joining Scotland because I don't have the accent, despite the fact that I always do feel a soft spot for the Highlands.

Mind you, I always feel a bit more comfortable out and about in Paris than London or Edinburgh, so I'm tempted to ask for permission to join team France... but then all of you might kick me out.

So I'm kind of a lone ranger. :cowboy An AG-Mercenary, I'll fly for anyone if cake is promised.

MetaKraken
20th October 2010, 02:13 AM
Trust me, Kyonshi, I have faced off even the most toughest/high ranked players from around the world, from Americas to Europe to Japan. I gave my all, and I did (resulting me in first, second or third) :).

MetaKraken
4th November 2010, 07:08 PM
Forgive me for double posting, but seeing as how I'm caugh up with college, thus I'm given little time for me to bring up this competition, the one-on-one battle will be starting next week, every Friday night (time zone difference-related, sorry).